HDFC ERGO Comprehensive Insurance
The idea behind buying comprehensive car insurance is to ensure all-round protection to the vehicle against any loss, be it from damage or theft in addition to compensating for loss caused to both the parties involved in the accident. This means that in addition to the third-party liability cover, policyholders are also able to avail a personal accident cover to secure themselves from financial liabilities against resulting injuries.
The premium charges towards comprehensive car insurance are more than that paid on a third-party liability cover. However, the benefits are way more than what you gain on a third-party liability cover. This is because comprehensive car insurance covers against damages from theft, the impact of natural disasters, terrorist attacks, riots, or attack by animals or objects hurled towards your car at high speed. For extended coverage, you may consider opting for add-on covers including a cover on your accessories, engine protection cover, zero depreciation cover, etc.
Benefits Of HDFC ERGO Comprehensive Car Insurance
1) Basic third party liability cover.
2) Attack on the car by hooligans or as an act of vandalism.
3) Sudden theft of the car.
4) Damage caused to the glass or windshield of the car.
5) Animal or bird attacks.
6) Damage caused by hurtling objects like falling objects, missile attacks, etc.
7) Accidents due to fire
8) Waterlogging due to floods or overflowing drainage
9) Damage due to the effect of natural disasters including windstorm, hurricane, tornado, hailstorm, etc.
10) Civil rebellion or riots.
HDFC ERGO Car Insurance Claim Process
Step 1: Download the claim form from the insurance company’s website.
Step 2: Submit correct and complete details in the claim form.
Step 3: Submit NEFT details in the claim form along with a canceled cheque.
Step 4: Download the KYC form from the company’s site. Fill in the KYC details and submit a copy of any of the KYC documents listed in the form for all claims equal to or more than Rs. 1 lakh.
Step 5: Submit the KYC form along with the Claim form to the nearest HDFC branch and wait for the claim amount. The amount will be credited to your account within 14 days of form submission.
What is your car's brand?
Must Read Articles before buying Hdfc Ergo Car Insurance
- Before purchasing an own-damage car insurance plan go through the details of how the premium for own-damage car insurance cover is calculated.
- Need to buy car insurance but don’t know what to look for? Read this article, to clear all your doubts.
- Want to buy a car? Let's know when is the best time to buy a car in India.
- What is the meaning of total loss in vehicle insurance? Understand all about total loss in vehicle insurance.
- How to drive in heavy rain? Driving in heavy rains/on wet or flooded roads can be extremely hazardous so we should know tips for driving in the rain t
HDFC ERGO Car Insurance User Reviews
- Most Helpful
545 Hdfc Ergo Cashless Garages in India
HDFC ERGO Comprehensive Car Insurance FAQs
What if I wish to switch from a third-party insurance cover to a comprehensive insurance policy? Do I have to submit any additional documents?
Switching from a third-party liability cover to a comprehensive car insurance plan is simple. Just go to our company’s nearest branch and submit a copy of the previous year’s policy document along with a copy of the registration certificate of your car. After receiving the policy proposal, we will send an inspection team to check your car’s condition. Post validation of the details, you will be eligible to buy comprehensive car insurance from us. For added support, you may call our customer care number at 7551196989.
What is the procedure to seek claims under comprehensive car insurance?
For hassle-free claims, it is important that you get in touch with us at the earliest. Submit all the necessary documents while seeking the claim. For quick claims, you may log on to our company’s website and register for an online claim settlement.
Is it compulsory to buy comprehensive car insurance?
Car owners are mandated to buy only the third-party liability cover under The Motor Vehicles Act. While the compulsory third party car insurance cover secures against damages caused to the third party involved in the accident, comprehensive insurance secures the policyholders and their vehicles against all kinds of damages.
What damages are not covered under comprehensive car insurance?
Though comprehensive car insurance promises an extended cover, there are certain exclusions to it also. These include:
- Day-to-day wear and tear of your car
- Damage to tyres and tubes
- Mechanical and electrical breakdown of your car’s machinery
- Damage resulting from drunken driving or under the influence of narcotics
- Damage from an accident caused by driving without a valid driving license
- Depreciation in car’s value
Does your car insurance cover damage from natural disasters too?
Yes, depending on the car insurance you have bought. Comprehensive car insurance is bought to secure against all kinds of damages including those caused by floods, earthquakes, hurricanes, tornadoes, heavy rains, etc. Those living in areas prone to frequent flooding, landslides or earthquakes must consider buying a comprehensive cover that covers the most number of contingencies.
Why to buy from InsuranceDekho?
- Instant policy # within 5 mins
- More than 11.5 Lac happy customers
- Claim Support available all 7 days of the week
Car Insurance News
- How To Lower Premium of Your Car Insurance?
Read this article to get the best tips to reduce the cost of...17 May 2021
- What is Car Insurance Road-Side Assistance Cover?
In this article, you can read about road-side assistance cov...17 May 2021
- Tips To Claim Car Insurance Damage Beyond Repair
This article will provide you with tips on how you can claim...16 May 2021
- How To Do Self-Inspection For Expired Car Insuranc...
This article will give you step-by-step guidelines on self-i...15 May 2021
- What To Do Soon After A Car Accident?
This article will guide you through the basic protocol that ...14 May 2021
- Top Secrets About Car Insurance That You Should Kn...
Know top secrets about car insurance that may be unknown to ...23 March 2021
- Benefits of Engine Protection Cover in Car Insuran...
Engine protection is an important add-on cover under a car i...31 March 2021
- Tips to Make Your Car Insurance the Top Deal Ever
Trying to choose the best car insurance plan for you? Here a...24 March 2021
- Ways To Check Whether A Car Insurance Policy is Ge...
Read this post to learn ways to check whether a car insuranc...22 March 2021
- How to Switch A Car Insurance Company?
Here is the complete guide as to how to switch a car insuran...28 March 2021