Consumables Cover in Car Insurance
What Is Consumable Cover In Car Insurance?
Consumables allude to those materials of the car that fill a particular need like a nut, a bolt, or even oil that once utilized, are burned-through totally. Consumables are things that consequently must be supplanted or topped off much of the time due to ceaseless mileage or use. These simply refer to the items that require constant expenditure like brake oil, nuts, bolts, screws, washers, engine oil, gearbox oil etc, and so on. These are all examples of consumables.
What is a Car Insurance Consumable Add-on?
A standard car insurance plan, by default, does not provide coverage for any harms brought about on the consumable parts and extras. Thus, at the time of a claim settlement, the cost related to consumables is borne by the policyholder. However, when a policyholder opts for a consumable cover with his/her standalone own-damage or a comprehensive car insurance policy, the insurance company becomes liable to provide compensation for consumable expenses.
What All is Covered Under Consumables Cover?
A consumables cover provide insurance coverage for the following:
1. All types of lubricants and oils including power steering oil, brake oil, engine oil, radiator coolants, and AC gas.
2. Important items like nuts, screws, bolts, grease, washers, etc.
3. Gear Box
What Are The Benefits Of Opting For Consumables Cover?
A consumable cover offers the following benefits:
1. Helps Saves Money: It helps policyholders to save their hard-earned money.
2. Peace of Mind: A consumable cover also offers peace of mind to the policyholders by offering a wider coverage than a standard car insurance plan.
Exclusions Under Consumables Add-On Cover
The common exclusions under consumables add-on cover are as follows:
- The policyholder cannot file for claim under the following conditions:
- Mechanical or Electrical Breakdown
- Delay in informing the insurance company
- Wear and Tear of Car’s Component
- Driving without any active or valid driving license
- Driving the car after consuming drugs, alcohol or any other similar substance
What all Documents do I Need to Make a Claim for Consumable Expenses?
At the time of registering a claim, you are required to submit all the receipts, bills of the repair and other relevant documents asked by the insurance company. The insurance company would have information related to your active insurance plan and details of the vehicle. You should go for car repairs at one of the network garages listed by your respective insurer. Going for repair for your car damage at any local garage or without getting it into the notice of the insurance provider beforehand, could lead to your insurance claim being invalid.
Who Should Opt for Consumable Add-On Cover?
You should choose consumable Add-on cover in the following conditions:
- In case, you wish to stay worry-less about the minor replacements and repairs.
- In case, you don’t even wish to pay for any small amounts such as expense of engine oil replacement in the bill for repair.
Find Right Car Insurance Quotes by Cars Body Type
- View Maruti Swift Insurance Quotes
- View Hyundai i20 Insurance Quotes
- View Maruti Baleno Insurance Quotes
- View Tata Altroz Insurance Quotes
- View Renault KWID Insurance Quotes
- View Maruti Wagon R Insurance Quotes
- View Maruti Dzire Insurance Quotes
- View Honda City 4th Generation Insurance Quotes
- View Hyundai Verna Insurance Quotes
- View Honda City Insurance Quotes
- View Hyundai Aura Insurance Quotes
- View Honda Amaze Insurance Quotes
- View Hyundai Alcazar Insurance Quotes
- View Mahindra Thar Insurance Quotes
- View Kia Seltos Insurance Quotes
- View Hyundai Creta Insurance Quotes
- View Kia Sonet Insurance Quotes
- View Mahindra Scorpio Insurance Quotes
- View Maruti Ertiga Insurance Quotes
- View Toyota Innova Crysta Insurance Quotes
- View Renault Triber Insurance Quotes
- View Maruti XL6 Insurance Quotes
- View Maruti Eeco Insurance Quotes
- View Toyota Vellfire Insurance Quotes
Car Insurance Add-ons
Car Insurance Companies Reviews & Ratings
Consumables Cover in Car Insurance FAQ
My car is older than 5 years. Can I get this add-on cover with my comprehensive car insurance policy?
Generally, such add-ons are not covered if the car age is less than 5 years. For more details, please check your insurance company.
Does this add-on insurance policy cover all consumables?
Yes, Consumables Add-on covers all consumables barring fuel. The list of consumables includes nuts, fasteners, screws, washers, brake oil, motor oil, gearbox oil, power guiding oil, radiator and AC gas, oil channels, wheel adjusting loads, etc.
What documents do I need for making a claim for consumable expenses?
Policy holders are required to submit the bill relating to the expense of the consumables to their insurance company to claim such expenses.
What is not covered under this policy?
You cannot file a claim under a consumable cover if you were driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol, driving without a valid license, in case of electrical or mechanical breakdown and if a delay is made in informing the insurer.
Are seat cover damages covered under car insurance consumable add-on?
No, since seat cover is not a consumable item it is not covered under car insurance consumable add-on.
Car Insurance News
- What is the United India Car Insurance Claim Proce...
Read this article to understand how you can claim your car i...23 June 2021
- Process To Claim Car Insurance At Navi General Ins...
Navi Car Insurance offers an online service to settle claims...23 June 2021
- Why Should You Opt For Universal Sompo Car Insuran...
Universal Sompo is a leading firm that provides affordable a...22 June 2021
- Parameters To Consider While Purchasing Car Insura...
This article will provide you with the top 6 key points that...22 June 2021
- Significant Features And Benefits of SBI Car Insur...
Read this article to find out significant features and benef...21 June 2021
- How To Apply For Driving License In India?
Want to apply for driving license? Read more to know about h...04 May 2021
- Everything About Loss Of Personal Belongings Add-O...
Read more to know everything about loss of personal belongin...03 May 2021
- 5 Best Car Insurance Companies In India In 2021
This article consists of top 5 car insurance companies in In...31 May 2021
- Difference Between Private and Commercial Car Insu...
Read along to know the difference between private and commer...09 May 2021
- Guide To Clear Misconceptions About Car Insurance
Here is the guide to clear misconceptions about car insuranc...29 April 2021