Roadside Assistance in Car Insurance
What is Roadside Assistance Cover in Car Insurance?
Roadside Assistance is an add-on that can be opted for with a comprehensive as well as a standalone own-damage car insurance plan. This add-on helps policyholders when they face any difficulty due to their car and need roadside assistance. The coverage and benefits offered by the Roadside Assistance cover is worth the premium. Whether it’s a small mishap or a flat tyre, a roadside assistance cover provides coverage in times of all such troubles.
What Is Covered Under Roadside Assistance Add-on?
The coverage and features offered under a roadside assistance car insurance add-on facility may differ from one insurance company to another insurance company. However, some of the common coverages found in all the plans under a roadside assistance add-on cover is as follows:
- Dead Battery: Almost all the cars face the problem of battery breakdown. At one point of time your car may seem to be working perfectly fine and suddenly the next moment it may suffer the battery breakdown. This problem can occur because of several reasons such as lack of maintenance, loss of loss, extreme climatic conditions, etc. The facility of road protection under the car insurance includes help during battery breakdown and whenever the jumpstart is needed.
- Punctured/Flat Tyre: All the car owners have gone through the problem of flat or punctured tyre at some point or other. In case you drive your vehicle off-road or on a scattered debris place, suffering from a punctured or flat tyre is a common problem. Irrespective of the number of spare tyres you carry with yourself, you would still require assistance at some point or other. This add on cover includes this feature under your car insurance plan.
- Empty Fuel Tank: With the help of Roadside assistance add-on cover even if you face the problem of an empty fuel tank in the middle of the road there is no need to worry as complete assistance will be offered to you. The insurance company would offer you with fuel supply and you are not required to worry regarding locating a gas station in an unknown territory.
- Towing: The breakdown of your car can happen anytime and anywhere, moreover it can occur at the most unforeseen time. Taking your car to the garage manually in the middle of the night in an isolated area is nothing short of a nightmare. Therefore, with the help of a roadside assistance add-on cover, you can easily tackle such situations as the insurer aids you in carrying your vehicle to the nearest available garage.
- Spare Keys: Though it may sound a bit silly, forgetting the car keys at the time of getting out of the car is a common mistake. The insurance provider offers you to handover the spare keys in case you mistakenly lock your keys inside the car.
- Minor Repairs: The roadside assistance add-on cover not only helps you in dealing with the issue of major car breakdowns but it also helps you in dealing with minor breakdown issues as well.
- Arranging for an Alternate Transport: In the event if your car breaks down in the middle of the road and it would take a considerable amount of time to repair the car, then , in such a case, you will receive help from the insurance provider to assist you in reaching your destination.
Buying roadside assistance car insurance can surely help you in solving the hassles during the time of unexpected car breakdown. Next, in line, are all the benefits that you can avail by purchasing a roadside assistance add-on cover.
Benefits of A Roadside Assistance Cover
A roadside assistance cover offers the following benefits:
1. Availability of Emergency Help
Situations like flat tyre, battery break down are totally unexpected in that case having a roadside insurance cover comes out to be a great help.
2. Peace of Mind
After taking roadside assistance as an add-on, customers can travel with peace of mind as they are sure if they face any issues they can count on their service provider.
3. Towing Service
In case, because of any electrical or mechanical fault or because of any accident, your car becomes inactive and it also could not be repaired at that particular spot, then all the necessary arrangements to tow the car is done by the insurance company in order to take the vehicle to a nearby garage.
4. Lockout Service
In case, by accident you have left your car keys inside the vehicle or it got lost or stolen from you , then with the help of Roadside Assistance Cover, the insurance company sends a qualified service provider to you in order to assist you with a new pair of keys. However, you are responsible for bearing the expense of new keys.
5. Flat Tire Service
Any individual at any particular time can get to experience an unfortunate flat tyre condition with their car. In case, you are not aware about how to replace a flat tyre, or you do notbhave any spare tyre in your car handy, then with the help of Roadside Assistance Cover you can inform your respective insurance company regarding the same in order to avail the services. A well qualified mechanic will come to the spot and would help you in replacing the flat tyre with a new one.
6. Fuel Delivery
In case you run out of fuel mid- road or somewhere else, then do not worry as roadside assistance cover would help you out from this situation. The fuel will get delivered to you on that particular spot, however, you are required to make payment for the same.
Who Should Take Roadside Assistance Cover?
Ideally, all car owners should opt for a roadside assistance cover with their standard car insurance plans, however, it is a must for the following:
- If the individual is someone who travels often, opting for a 24x7 roadside assistance is a great idea. It is totally unknown when they may just need some help along one of the travels.
- If an individual is someone who can’t seem to imagine getting even minor repairs done to their car amidst a breakdown or the like, then getting a Roadside Assistance add-on in the policy will be beneficial.
Find Right Car Insurance Quotes by Cars Body Type
- View Maruti Swift Insurance Quotes
- View Hyundai i20 Insurance Quotes
- View Maruti Baleno Insurance Quotes
- View Tata Altroz Insurance Quotes
- View Renault KWID Insurance Quotes
- View Maruti Wagon R Insurance Quotes
- View Maruti Dzire Insurance Quotes
- View Honda City 4th Generation Insurance Quotes
- View Hyundai Verna Insurance Quotes
- View Honda City Insurance Quotes
- View Hyundai Aura Insurance Quotes
- View Honda Amaze Insurance Quotes
- View Hyundai Alcazar Insurance Quotes
- View Mahindra Thar Insurance Quotes
- View Kia Seltos Insurance Quotes
- View Hyundai Creta Insurance Quotes
- View Kia Sonet Insurance Quotes
- View Mahindra Scorpio Insurance Quotes
- View Maruti Ertiga Insurance Quotes
- View Toyota Innova Crysta Insurance Quotes
- View Renault Triber Insurance Quotes
- View Maruti XL6 Insurance Quotes
- View Maruti Eeco Insurance Quotes
- View Toyota Vellfire Insurance Quotes
Car Insurance Add-ons
Car Insurance Companies Reviews & Ratings
Roadside Assistance in Car Insurance FAQ
Does Roadside Assistance help unlock cars?
Yes, in the event of loss of keys of your car the roadside assistance cover would help you in arranging spare keys.
Is the Roadside Assistance cover worth spending money?
Roadside Assistance covers are inexpensive. The features, benefits, and inclusions of the add-on make the premium worth it.
I want to buy a Roadside Assistance cover with my third-party car insurance plan. I don’t have a Comprehensive plan. Is it possible?
No, it is not possible to buy a Roadside Assistance cover with a third-party/liability only plan. It can be opted for with either a standalone own-damage or a comprehensive car insurance plan.
What happens if my car breaks down and it is nearing midnight? Will the insurance company help me out considering I have an RSA cover?
Almost all of the insurance companies offer a Roadside Assistance cover that reaches to the customers 24×7. Please verify if your insurance company offers 24×7 RSA or not before purchasing the add-on.
Will claiming for Roadside Assistance affect my No Claim Bonus?
No, a roadside assistance claim does not affect the No Claim Bonus (NCB) of your car insurance plan.
Car Insurance News
- What is the United India Car Insurance Claim Proce...
Read this article to understand how you can claim your car i...23 June 2021
- Process To Claim Car Insurance At Navi General Ins...
Navi Car Insurance offers an online service to settle claims...23 June 2021
- Why Should You Opt For Universal Sompo Car Insuran...
Universal Sompo is a leading firm that provides affordable a...22 June 2021
- Parameters To Consider While Purchasing Car Insura...
This article will provide you with the top 6 key points that...22 June 2021
- Significant Features And Benefits of SBI Car Insur...
Read this article to find out significant features and benef...21 June 2021
- How To Apply For Driving License In India?
Want to apply for driving license? Read more to know about h...04 May 2021
- Everything About Loss Of Personal Belongings Add-O...
Read more to know everything about loss of personal belongin...03 May 2021
- 5 Best Car Insurance Companies In India In 2021
This article consists of top 5 car insurance companies in In...31 May 2021
- Difference Between Private and Commercial Car Insu...
Read along to know the difference between private and commer...09 May 2021
- Guide To Clear Misconceptions About Car Insurance
Here is the guide to clear misconceptions about car insuranc...29 April 2021