About HDFC ERGO Car Insurance
Calculate Your Car Insurance
Benefits of HDFC ERGO Car Insurance
- A wide network of 6,800 garages
- 24/7 emergency assistance is available
- Paperless insurance procedures are offered
- Offers the option of making unlimited claim requests
- Provides the facility of policy renewal without inspection.
HDFC ERGO Car Insurance Add-Ons
Value of cars depreciate with time. Wear and tears are obvious when a car is in use. Opting for a zero-depreciation cover allows you to enjoy maximum claim fund without factoring depreciation.
Emergency Assistance Cover
Emergency assistance is one of the key add-ons introduced by HDFC ERGO. This cover helps you with services such as on site repair in case of minor damages, battery jump start, lost/duplicate keys, urgent fuel requirement, towing etc
No Claim Bonus Protection
For each claim free policy tenure a customer gets discounts in premium. No claim bonus protector helps protect your No claim bonus in case you have taken a claim. Please check the detailed terms & conditions before purchasing the same
Engine and Gear Box Protector
A comprehensive car insurance does not cover damages in a vehicle’s engine or gear box. Opting for this protector saves you from the expenses of engine breakdown or gear-box repair services. Issues in a car engine could be due to water-logging, oil leakages and consequences of accidents. Paying for it could cost you riches. Therefore, choosing an engine and gear box cover comes in pretty handy.
Down Time Rider
This can also be described as a smart add-on. If your vehicle is in a garage for quite a long time or your car has been subjected to theft and you are waiting for a long period, the down time rider pays for all expenses related to traveling and commutation
HDFC ERGO Car Insurance Claims Process
Intimate Your Insurance CompanyCall HDFC ERGO’s helpline number 1800-2700-700 and register the claim. Or, visit the workshop and intimate the insurer.
Visit the WorkshopYou can either get your vehicle towed to the nearest workshop or garage or drive the same.
The Survey Process StartsA surveyor is appointed within 24-48 working hours, after the claim is intimated to the insurance company.
Documentation Process StartsDocuments like RC, DL, Policy Copy, PAN Card, Claim Intimation Form, Aadhar Card and a Repair Estimate must be provided to the insurer.
Survey is CompletedDetailed survey of the vehicle is completed within 24-48 working hours by the surveyor.
Verdict By The SurveyorPost survey, the surveyor approves or rejects the claim. Repair works commence on approval.
Deliver Order is IssuedOn successful completion of repair works, final survey is done and the delivery order is released.
Non-Cashless - Is There A Difference?You will pay repair costs to the garage. The claim amount is then reimbursed.
545 Hdfc Ergo Cashless Garages in India
Explore Hdfc Ergo Car Insurance
Must Read Articles before buying Hdfc Ergo Car Insurance
- To know all the benefits associated with renewing your HDFC Ergo car insurance plan, please read the article.
- Before purchasing an own-damage car insurance plan go through the details of how the premium for own-damage car insurance cover is calculated.
- Need to buy car insurance but don’t know what to look for? Read this article, to clear all your doubts.
- Want to buy a car? Let's know when is the best time to buy a car in India.
- What is the meaning of total loss in vehicle insurance? Understand all about total loss in vehicle insurance.
HDFC ERGO Car Insurance User Reviews
- Most Helpful
- Cashless Garages
HDFC ERGO Car Insurance FAQs
What is car insurance? Why trust HDFC ERGO?car insurance is a contract between you and an insurance company. It safeguards you from a financial loss in case of an accident or physical damage due to collision. In addition to this, having a motor insurance offer financial security against theft or damage of vehicles. HDFC ERGO is a brand you can bank upon. No wonder, the company has a whopping count of 10 million and more customers.">
car insurance is a contract between you and an insurance company. It safeguards you from a financial loss in case of an accident or physical damage due to collision. In addition to this, having a motor insurance offer financial security against theft or damage of vehicles. HDFC ERGO is a brand you can bank upon. No wonder, the company has a whopping count of 10 million and more customers.
Do you need car insurance?
In India, it is mandatory to have a car insurance if you wish to drive your vehicle on roads. Having a third-party liability insurance is a must.
HDFC ERGO – what are the different types of car the company covers?
As per the Motor Vehicles Act, every vehicle plying on Indian roads must be secured with at-least a third-party liability insurance. HDFC ERGO offer scalable and well-thought insurance protection plans for both new and used cars.
What are the various types of car insurance policies available in HDFC ERGO?comprehensive insurance policy">
Typically, there are two types of car insurances policies to choose from – a third party liability policy and a comprehensive insurance policy
What are the exclusions in a HDFC ERGO car insurance policy?
Not every little damage repaired is borne by the company. Things like electrical breakdown, depreciation of parts, general wear and tear, damage caused due to collisions under the influence of alcohol or inflicted man-made calamities are not covered by HDFC ERGO.
- Benefits of zero depreciation coverage.
- Access to roadside assistance.
- Provide emergency assistance.
- Protection cover for gear box and engine.
- A trusted brand covering car insurance needs at its best.
Why to buy from InsuranceDekho?
- Instant policy # within 5 mins
- More than 11.5 Lac happy customers
- Claim Support available all 7 days of the week
Car Insurance News
- Steps To Buy Car Insurance Online In India
Read this article to understand easy ways to purchase your c...04 August 2021
- Reasons Why You Should Never Lie To Your Car Insur...
Read this article to find out why you should always be truth...04 August 2021
- Things To Keep In Mind About A Car Insurance Claim...
Read this article to understand the most common reasons for ...03 August 2021
- How To Renew SBI Car Insurance Plan?
Read this article to find out how you can renew your car ins...03 August 2021
- Benefits of Renewing Your HDFC ERGO Car Insurance ...
Read this article to know the benefits of renewing your car ...02 August 2021
- How Is Car Insurance Premium Calculated?
Read this article to understand how your car insurance premi...11 June 2021
- Ways To Reduce Your Car Insurance Premium
Read this article to find out effective ways where you can r...14 July 2021
- Everything About Kotak Mahindra Car Insurance
Read this article to understand the benefits of purchasing c...17 June 2021
- How Car Insurance Premium Calculator Is Beneficial...
Read this article to understand the benefits of using a car ...10 June 2021
- How To Get The Best Car Insurance Quote?
Read this article to find out 5 easy ways where you can get ...09 June 2021