- Save upto 75%*Lowest Car Premiums
- 11.5 Lakh+Happy Customers
- Claim Support7 days a week
*TP price for less than 1000cc four wheeler. All savings/offers are provided by the Insurers which are subject to modification. Terms and conditions apply
About ACKO Car Insurance
Have you been talking about cutting-edge technology and the perks of things turning digitized? Well, ACKO General Insurance is a brand you must know about. Just over two years in the car insurance industry, ACKO already sounds to be a familiar name with a growing customer base. So, let’s dig a little deep and gather more information about the company.
Acko General Insurance is a private sector general insurance company in India. First established in November, 2016, Acko entered the rat-race with the very innovative concept of an online-based model. The company achieved its license from IRDA (Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India) in September, 2017.
Car insurance, two-wheeler insurance, mobile insurance, in-trip domestic insurance, and insurance are among the retail products offered by the company. The insurer offers all three types of car insurance policies: third-party car insurance, standalone own-damage car insurance, and comprehensive car insurance.
Varun Dua, the “MAN” behind the company’s incredible growth, also the CEO of Acko ensures that all operations related to car insurance are seamlessly executed via an advanced digital platform. In a short span of two years, the company has managed to raise more than $42 million from big shot investors like Catamaran Ventures, Accel Partners, Amazon and SAIF Partners.
Learning about its tie-ups is totally worth it. To offer mobile insurance plans, ACKO General Insurance has partnered with Amazon India. Acko, on the other hand, has left no stone unturned in the field of motor insurance too. Here’s something new you want to hear about – the company makes an alliance with Ola Cabs in more than 110 cities in India, offering in-trip insurance. The company completely focuses on a digital business model. Insurance policies are offered online and claims are settled in a similar manner.
Acko Four Wheeler Insurance
Acko General Insurance understands that car insurance is a simple and effective way to protect your car from unforeseen risks such as accidents, thefts, fire, natural disasters, or third-party liabilities. The insurance company offers two types of car insurance policies that protect your car from various types of damages and losses, namely third-party car insurance policies and comprehensive car insurance policies, both of which are available at affordable premium rates.In addition to these, the insurer also provides personal accident cover of up to Rs. 15 Lakh to compensate for permanent disability or death while driving.
Acko General Insurance offers many add-on covers to customise your car insurance plan and protect your car.These add-ons offer additional coverage for extra cost over your base policy while buying or renewing the policy. Some add-on covers provided by the insurer are zero depreciation cover, key replacement cover, roadside assistance cover, consumables cover, engine protection cover, outstation emergency cover, and so on. Apart from a selection of insurance plans and additional cover, selecting an Acko plan can provide additional benefits such as low premium rates, paperless door-to-door claim services, and unique plans and discounts tailored as per the requirements of the customers.
Key Features of ACKO Car Insurance Online
Third Party Property Damage
Up to Rs. 7.5 Lakh
Own Damage Cover
Coverage for Own Car for Its Loss and Damage
Personal Accident Cover
Up to Rs. 15 Lakh
6 Add-on Covers
24/7 Claim Assistance
Calculate Your Car Insurance
Benefits of ACKO Car Insurance
- Pricing is a crucial factor in insurance. One is hardly aware but every car insurance product is topped with a 20%-30% commission. This certainly explains a steep hike in the price of insurance plans and premiums. Acko guarantees a considerable cut-back in premiums.
- So, not a huge fan of paperworks? Neither is Acko. Buy insurance, renew your plan or make claim, do anything and everything online without the hassles of paperworks.
- Completing a claim process could sound like a tedious affair. Well, definitely not with Acko as your car insurance partner. Just start with a call and your job is done. From picking up your vehicle, getting it fixed to dropping the same at your doorstep, the company does it all. You can sit back and relax meanwhile.
- Getting minor damages and dents fixed could cost a fortune in the long run. Acko get its done and pays out cash as an instant claim settlement for minor damages.
ACKO Car Insurance Add-Ons
Loss of Accessories Cover
Adding this cover to your car insurance policy is of great benefit. Afterall, a basic car insurance covers damages to your vehicle in case of accidents. It certainly does not pay for damages to the accessories fitted in the car. So, if you have installed high-end accessories like reverse camera, modified tail-lights, stereo system and others, having this cover will aid you financially by large.
If these accessories are lost by theft, it will be covered at an additional premium of 4% on the value of accessories. This is not all. It needs to be specifically declared in the proposal form.
A basic comprehensive car insurance policy does not compensate for consumables in a vehicle. Opting for a consumables cover comes of great use in the event of accident. The add-on by Acko covers for consumables like:
- Engine Oil
- Oil Filters
- Radiator Coolant
- Nuts and bolts
- AC gas oil
- Gearbox oil
- Power steering oil
Emergency Roadside Assistance
Simply bundle this add-on cover in your comprehensive car insurance policy. RSA ensures on-spot rescue in hours of need. So, what does it cover?
- Towing service. Please note: Free towing facilities are provided upto 50kms.
- Repair of flat tyres.
- Emergency fuel delivery. If you are stranded because there’s no fuel in your vehicle, Acko helps you out with 5 litres of fuel. However, this is chargeable.
- Immediate repair works by professional technicians are guaranteed in case of mechanical and electrical breakdown.
- If an accident has left you impaired from driving, Acko send in professionals to drive you to your desired location. Please remember, such services are not chargeable for upto 50kms.
- Immediate key service. If you’ve lost your car keys or have locked yourself out, Acko arranges for a technician to repair and unlock your car. If there are spare keys left at home, the insurer sends it over. Please Note: such services are only applicable if the services are in the same city.
- Accommodation is provided if the repair works take longer than usual. In such circumstances, the insurer arranges for a nearby hotel. However, it is not payable by the insurance company.
- Cab services are ensured if your vehicle is irreparable on the spot. It is provided as an alternative mode of transport.
- Spare parts to your vehicle are delivered in events of accident. It will be shipped to your location. However, this service is chargeable.
Return to Invoice Protection Cover
If you have recently bought a vehicle or you are an owner of a luxury car, having a return to invoice protection cover clubbed with your comprehensive insurance plan is of great worth. It is similar if you are living in theft-prone areas. The add-on guarantees that the invoice value of your car remains intact. This amount also include registration charges of your car and the total road tax paid.
Please Note: Such a cover is not applicable if the vehicle is older than 3 years.
Engine Protection Cover
Bearing the expenses of engine repair could be overwhelming. Having this add-on clubbed to your comprehensive policy can save you big money. It compensates for repair and replacement of engine parts like connecting rods, pistons and others. Damages can be caused due to water-logging, leakage of lubricating oil, impairment of the gearbox or conditions of hydrostatic lock.
ACKO Car Insurance Claim Process
Communicate with your insurance companyRegister your claim by calling up Acko’s helpline number 1860-266-2256. You can visit the workshop and register your claim.
Go to the workshopDrive your vehicle to a nearby workshop or get your vehicle towed.
The survey commencesOnce the claim has been registered, a surveyor is fixed in 24-48 working hours.
Produce the documentsYou must provide the insurance company with documents like RC, PAN Card, Aadhar Card, DL, Claim Intimation Form, Policy Copy and a repair estimate.
The survey is completedSurvey of your vehicle is finished in 24-48 working hours.
Surveyor makes the callOnce the vehicle has been surveyed carefully, the surveyor either rejects or accepts the claim. Repair works start post approval.
Delivery Order is issuedOn completion of repair works, a survey is done and a delivery order is issued.
Must Read Articles before buying Acko Car Insurance
- Read this article to know the types of car insurance plans offered by Acko General Insurance.
- There are some factors that could affect your Acko car insurance premium. Read this article to take a note of them.
- Read this article to understand the points that you should consider before purchasing your car insurance with Acko General Insurance.
- Accessories Cover for Car Insurance is important. You should ensure that expensive car accessories are covered.
- Hike in Third Party Insurance premium for cars and two-wheelers for 2020-21 proposed by IRDAI. Read out to know how much you may pay for your car/bike
ACKO Car Insurance User Reviews
- Most Helpful
- Cashless Garages
- Add On
ACKO Car Insurance FAQs
How does Acko quote lower prices than other insurance companies?
ACKO has revolutionized the concept of car insurance by using a digital-only model. In this way, you can purchase insurance plans online without involving any third party medium. The company also has a significantly low count of sales branches. In a nutshell, Acko incurs very less expenses. The savings are passed on to customers like you, pitching lowest of premiums for the best of insurance plans.
I am not an amazon customer, can I still choose to go with ACKO car insurance?
Yes absolutely! You can buy an ACKO car insurance policy even if you are not an Amazon customer.
What benefits do I get on choosing ACKO car insurance being an Amazon customer?
If you are an Amazon customer, you are entitled to an exclusive pricing. Simply use your Amazon login credentials and pay for your ACKO policy using credit cards, debit cards, net-banking or amazon pay balance and enjoy your brownie points.
Why should I purchase motor insurance from ACKO?
Acko is a licensed non-life general insurance company, fairly new in business. However, the company has managed to establish a strong foothold in the industry with its innovative digital business model. The company stands for affordable, effortless and hassle-free policy procedures. From purchasing policy to renewing and settling claims, ACKO guarantees seamless customer experience.
Will I have access to zero depreciation benefits and other essential add-ons on choosing ACKO?
Yes! You will certainly enjoy the benefits of zero depreciation and other add-ons by opting for an ACKO car insurance policy. It is worth informing that more add-ons and riders will be introduced soon.
Why to buy from InsuranceDekho?
- Instant policy # within 5 mins
- More than 45 Lac happy customers
- Claim Support available all 7 days of the week
Car Insurance News
- What You Should Know About the PUC Certificate on ...
Every automobile owner in India should have a PUC (Pollution...04 July 2022
- Is insurance required to test drive a vehicle?
This article will help you understand why you need to ensure...04 July 2022
- Why Will Insurance For Electric Vehicles Be More E...
Learn why insurance for electric vehicles will be more expen...03 July 2022
- Consumables Add-on to Car Insurance
Learn all about consumables add-on to car insurance.02 July 2022
- What Effects Do Car Modifications Have on Insuranc...
Learn which modifications to your automobile have an impact ...01 July 2022
- How Do I Get an Online Car Pollution Certificate?
The Pollution Under Control Certificate, or PUC certificate,...16 May 2022
- 10 Ways To Save Money On Car Insurance
Let’s discuss some tricks on how to get the best deal on you...06 May 2022
- What Effects Can Modifications Have on Your Digit ...
Read this article to discover more about the factors that de...05 May 2022
- What is a Cashless Car Insurance Policy, And How D...
The cashless auto insurance function is quite helpful in the...14 May 2022
- Suggestions for Increasing Bike Fuel Efficiency
Check out the 10 tried-and-true tips below if you've ever wo...13 May 2022