- Save upto 75%*Lowest Car Premiums
- 11.5 Lakh+Happy Customers
- Claim Support7 days a week
*TP price for less than 1000cc four wheeler. All savings/offers are provided by the Insurers which are subject to modification. Terms and conditions apply
Shriram Comprehensive Car Insurance Policy
A comprehensive car insurance policy is one which provides you a protection not only against third party liabilities (both life and property) but also against the damage suffered by the insured car. Shriram General Insurance offers a wholesome comprehensive policy that covers the policyholder’s vehicle against loss or damage arising from any road accident, natural or man-made calamity, theft or any other mishap in addition to to third party liabilities.
Shriram Comprehensive Policy Vs Third Party Policy
Third Party Cover
Shriram comprehensive car insurance insures your car against own damages as well as provide compensation for the injury/death of a third party and third party property damage up to Rs.7.5 lakh.
Shriram third party car insurance only compensated the policyholder against third party liability- injury/death of a third party and property damages of up to Rs.7.5 lakh.
Shriram comprehensive car policy offers a wide range of add-on covers that provide extra benefits and protection against an extra premium.
No add-on covers are available with the third party cover.
Cost of the insurance policy
The cost of Shriram comprehensive car policy is relatively higher than its third party cover due to its wide coverage.
Shriram third party coverDue to the limited coverage provided by this insurance policy, third party cover costs less than the comprehensive policy.
Shriram Comprehensive Car Insurance Coverage
- Shriram comprehensive policy provides compensation for damages sustained by the insured vehicle in any road accident.
- Shriram Comprehensive Car Policy covers the policyholder’s vehicle against any loss or damage due to natural/man-made calamities or any other mishap such as fire, explosion, earthquake, lightning, flood, hailstorm, theft, burglary, damage in transit, accident by external factors, etc.
- Shriram Comprehensive Car Policy frees the policyholder from bearing the burden of compensating for the death/injury of a third party because it provides coverage for injury/death of a third party.
- Shriram Comprehensive car policy compensates for the property damage of a third party up to Rs.7.5 lakh.
Shriram Comprehensive Car Insurance Benefits
- Compensates for the damages sustained by the insured vehicle.
- Covers the expenses incurred for compensating third party liabilities.
- Offers a wide range of add-on covers to enhance the coverage of the insured vehicle.
- Offers long-term package policies for both third-party liabilities as well as for comprehensive plans.
- Availability of toll-free customer care service all 7 days of the week.
- Availability of additional cover for Electrical & Electronic Accessories.
- Availability of additional cover for Bi-Fuel kit.
- Availability of online claim and renewal process.
- Availability of personal accident cover of up to Rs.15 lakh for the policyholder.
- NCB discounts of up to 50% on own-damage premium for claim-free policy tenures.
Calculate Your Car Insurance
Explore Shriram Car Insurance
Must Read Articles before buying Shriram Car Insurance
- Shriram General Insurance provides a variety of renewal payment alternatives
Shriram Car Insurance User Reviews
- Most Helpful
- Cashless Garages
- Add On
Insurance Products by Shriram General Insurance
Shriram Comprehensive Car Insurance FAQs
How is my insurance premium calculated?
The premium of your car insurance policy is calculated on the basis of the following factors:
- Insured Declared Value (IDV) of your car
- Geographical zone
- Age of your car
- Cubic capacity of your car
How can I purchase Shriram Comprehensive Policy?
To purchase the Shriram comprehensive car insurance policy follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Visit the official website of Shriram General Insurance and select the ‘Car Insurance’ option on the homepage.
- On the next page, select the ‘Buy Online for New Vehicle’ option.
- Provide the required personal details and vehicle details.
- Select a premium quote and make the payment. You are done!
Can I get an Electrical & Electronic Accessories cover on a third party liability only policy?
No, it is not available by default with the third party only policy but you one can avail the Electrical & Electronic Accessories cover as an additional add-on along with a comprehensive car policy against an extra premium.
Does Shriram General Insurance have any kind of mobile application?
Yes, they have a mobile application by the name of ‘My SGI (Shriram General Insurance Customer Mobile App).
What is covered under Shriram Comprehensive Car insurance?
Shriram comprehensive car insurance offers the policyholder protection not just against third party liabilities (both human life and property) but also for damages or losses sustained by the insured vehicle.
Why to buy from InsuranceDekho?
- Instant policy # within 5 mins
- More than 45 Lac happy customers
- Claim Support available all 7 days of the week
Car Insurance News
- What Is KP In Car Insurance?
Learn more about KP in car insurance.26 September 2022
- List of Top Car Insurance Companies In India
Your search for top car insurance companies ends here. This ...23 September 2022
- All You Need To Know About The Risks Covered By Th...
Here's everything you need to know about risks covered by co...21 September 2022
- Easy Steps For Renewing Expired Car Insurance Poli...
Here are a few tips to help you understand how to renew car ...19 September 2022
- Detailed Guide On How To Claim A Car Insurance Onl...
Unfortunate things happen. An insurance plan can be a ray of...16 September 2022
- Can I Claim Insurance For Car Scratches In India?
Know all about how to claim insurance for car scratches in I...19 August 2022
- Is It Mandatory To File An Fir Before Claiming For...
In case of any car accident, the major question is if an FIR...16 August 2022
- Which is Better: Acko Or Hdfc Ergo?
There are several types of car insurance plans available in...22 August 2022
- What Should You Know About Bharat Series License P...
In order to ease seamless vehicle transfers, the Transport M...02 August 2022
- Learn Everything You Can About Public EV Charging ...
Are you thinking of buying an electric vehicle? What you nee...01 August 2022