- The company has more than 2,000 cashless network garages across India
- Offers multiple add-ons with the comprehensive policy
- 24*7 claim service assistance
- Commendable claim settlement ratio of 94.56%
- Awarded “Excellence in Growth Award” for two consecutive years in 2011 and 2012
Shriram Comprehensive Car Insurance Policy
A comprehensive car insurance policy is one which provides you a protection not only against third party liabilities (both life and property) but also against the damage suffered by the insured car. Shriram General Insurance offers a wholesome comprehensive policy that covers the policyholder’s vehicle against loss or damage arising from any road accident, natural or man-made calamity, theft or any other mishap in addition to to third party liabilities.
Shriram Comprehensive Policy Vs Third Party Policy
Third Party Cover
Shriram comprehensive car insurance insures your car against own damages as well as provide compensation for the injury/death of a third party and third party property damage up to Rs.7.5 lakh.
Shriram third party car insurance only compensated the policyholder against third party liability- injury/death of a third party and property damages of up to Rs.7.5 lakh.
Shriram comprehensive car policy offers a wide range of add-on covers that provide extra benefits and protection against an extra premium.
No add-on covers are available with the third party cover.
Cost of the insurance policy
The cost of Shriram comprehensive car policy is relatively higher than its third party cover due to its wide coverage.
Shriram third party coverDue to the limited coverage provided by this insurance policy, third party cover costs less than the comprehensive policy.
Shriram Comprehensive Car Insurance Coverage
- Shriram comprehensive policy provides compensation for damages sustained by the insured vehicle in any road accident.
- Shriram Comprehensive Car Policy covers the policyholder’s vehicle against any loss or damage due to natural/man-made calamities or any other mishap such as fire, explosion, earthquake, lightning, flood, hailstorm, theft, burglary, damage in transit, accident by external factors, etc.
- Shriram Comprehensive Car Policy frees the policyholder from bearing the burden of compensating for the death/injury of a third party because it provides coverage for injury/death of a third party.
- Shriram Comprehensive car policy compensates for the property damage of a third party up to Rs.7.5 lakh.
Shriram Comprehensive Car Insurance Benefits
- Compensates for the damages sustained by the insured vehicle.
- Covers the expenses incurred for compensating third party liabilities.
- Offers a wide range of add-on covers to enhance the coverage of the insured vehicle.
- Offers long-term package policies for both third-party liabilities as well as for comprehensive plans.
- Availability of toll-free customer care service all 7 days of the week.
- Availability of additional cover for Electrical & Electronic Accessories.
- Availability of additional cover for Bi-Fuel kit.
- Availability of online claim and renewal process.
- Availability of personal accident cover of up to Rs.15 lakh for the policyholder.
- NCB discounts of up to 50% on own-damage premium for claim-free policy tenures.
Explore Shriram Car Insurance
- Read More
- Read More
- Read More
Shriram Car Insurance User Reviews
- Most Helpful
Shriram Comprehensive Car Insurance FAQs
How is my insurance premium calculated?The premium of your car insurance policy is calculated on the basis of the following factors: Insured Declared Value (IDV) of your car Geographical zone Age of your car Cubic capacity of your car
How can I purchase Shriram Comprehensive Policy?To purchase the Shriram comprehensive car insurance policy follow the below-mentioned steps: Visit the official website of Shriram General Insurance and select the ‘Car Insurance’ option on the homepage. On the next page, select the ‘Buy Online for New Vehicle’ option. Provide the required personal details and vehicle details. Select a premium quote and make the payment. You are done!
Can I get an Electrical & Electronic Accessories cover on a third party liability only policy?No, it is not available by default with the third party only policy but you one can avail the Electrical & Electronic Accessories cover as an additional add-on along with a comprehensive car policy against an extra premium.
Why to Buy Car Insurance Policy from InsuranceDekho?
- Instant policy# within 5 mins
- More than 11.5 Lac happy customers
- Claim Support available all 7 days of the week
Latest Car Insurance News
- Reasons Why You Need Car Insurance For Autonomous ...
Autonomous vehicles may get you excited with each new car be...17 August 2020
- Top Car Insurance Companies Providing Personal Acc...
On the basis of Health Insurance Claim settlement ratio, her...30 April 2020
- Cashless Car Insurance Policy Usefulness
What is cashless motor insurance all about? Let’s get into t...27 April 2020
- Types of Car Insurance Policies in India
Let’s explore about car insurance policy types in India. Aft...24 April 2020
- Return to Invoice Add-On Cover For Car Insurance
Explore return to invoice add-on cover in Car Insurance in ...23 April 2020
- Know What is NCB in Car Insurance Online India
All You Need To Know About No Claim Bonus On Car Insurance O...22 April 2020