Car Insurance Calculator
Calculate Your Car Insurance
A car insurance calculator is an online tool that allows you to calculate a customised premium amount for your car insurance policy. All you need to do is enter details like your car’s make, model, variant, RTO location, purchase year, etc. and the premium amount will get calculated. A car insurance premium calculator helps you know the actual premium which you should pay for getting a car insurance policy from different insurance companies. This helps you in comparing the available car insurance quotes easily and make the right decision.
A car insurance premium calculator is a reliable and valuable tool as it helps you to find the most suitable car insurance policy based on the shared specific details. It helps you save your time by providing accurate details instantly and to make the right decision with ease.
Benefits of Car Insurance Calculator
A car insurance calculator is a very helpful online tool that helps you to calculate and figure out the insurance premium cost for your car/vehicle. It instantly calculates the premium amount considering details such as car’s make, model, RTO details, Insured Declared Value (IDV), etc.
- Using a car insurance calculator helps save time. It instantly tells the premium amount for your car offered by various insurance providers available in the market.
- It compares the premium rates as well as other variables offered by multiple insurers and helps you choose the policy best suitable for your needs and demands.
- It offers you flexibility as there is no rush to make a decision and no external influence of an agent which may affect your choice.
- It can help you select the right add-on covers for your car insurance which are suitable based on your budget and requirements.
- It allows you to adjust different factors like deductible, IDV, etc., which affect your premium. With this premium calculator, you can try variables till you get a perfect combination for you.
How is Car Insurance Premium Calculated?
You can easily calculate car insurance premium with the help of the InsuranceDekho car insurance premium calculator. The premium of a car insurance plan depends on the coverage of the plan and other factors such as car’s make, model, variant, fuel type, RTO location, etc. The premium for third party car insurance plans is fixed by the IRDAI and it depends only on the car’s engine capacity, whereas the premium for standalone own-damage & comprehensive car insurance plans is determined by the insurance companies and varies from the policyholder to policyholder.
Let’s understand the premium price calculation for vehicle/car insurance better with an example.
For example, Mr. A wants to purchase a car insurance policy for his Hyundai i10 Asta which has the following details:
- Engine Capacity: 1197 cc
- Fuel Type: Petrol
- Registration City and Year: Noida and 2018
- NCB: 20%
- Policy Tenure: 1 Year
At InsuranceDekho, Mr. A can find the following premium quotes for his car/vehicle bearing the above-mentioned details:
Car Insurance Plan
Standalone Own-Damage Plan
(Premium Rates As On August 2021)
How to Use Car Insurance Premium Calculator Online?
Every insurance provider has its own method of calculating the car insurance premium amount.
However, there are two major divisions namely, the premium calculation for used cars and the premium calculation for new cars. You will be required to enter certain essential details in order to calculate the premium for your car insurance.
Here are the steps to get the insurance premium through the vehicle/car insurance premium calculator:
- Select the brand, model, variant and fuel type of your car
- Select the registered location of your car correctly
- Select the year in which you purchased your car
- Select ‘Yes’ or ‘No’ to confirm if you made any claim in the previous year
- After this, you will have to enter your name and mobile number. You will get an OTP on the mobile number, entering which will get you the policy premium quotes for the car insurance.
How Do You Online Calculate Insurance Premium for Used Cars?
Essential vehicle details required for calculating the premium online for used/old vehicle:
- Make, model, a variant of the vehicle
- Fuel type
- Existing car insurance policy details (if any)
- State and city of car registration
- No Claim Bonus (NCB) or previous claim file reports and details (if any)
The car insurance premium calculator will then estimate the premium amount based on the details provided so that you opt for the ideal car insurance policy.
How Is Online Insurance Premium Calculated On A New Car?
Vehicle details required for calculating the premium for new cars:
- Car Manufacturer
- Year of manufacture
- Model of the car
- Variant of car
- Car’s registration state and city
The car insurance premium calculator will estimate the premium amount that you need to pay for your car insurance policy for your vehicle.
Factor Which Determine Car Insurance Premium Calculation
Here are some crucial factors which determine the calculation of premium amount for car insurance:
- Vehicle owner’s age
According to track records, insurers consider that vehicle-owners below the age of 25 years are more likely to be involved in a mishap or road accident. This is why individuals aged between 18-25 years tend to pay a higher premium value for coverage than others.
- The fuel type required to run the vehicle
The premium for CNG (Compressed Natural Gas) fitted vehicles is higher than the premium charged for coverage of regular petrol/diesel run vehicles.
- Geographical location
Insurance providers also rate the premium according to the place where the insured car will be mostly driven. For instance, areas with a higher traffic density such as urban cities will be charged higher premium rates than rural locations or areas which have lower risks and traffic density.
- Insured Declared Value (IDV)
Insured Declared Value is the maximum amount that an insurer pays to a policyholder in case of total loss or theft of the vehicle. The IDV depends on the brand, manufacturer's selling price, a model of the vehicle, RTO details, etc. It affects the own damage premium of the insurance policy.
- Cubic Capacity
Car’s Cubic capacity also helps determine the premium for the Own Damage cover. Car’s make, model and variant also affect the premium of your car’s insurance coverage.
- Car’s manufacturing yea
Older cars have lower IDV values which indicates that the premium for the vehicle will be comparatively lesser than new vehicles with relatively higher IDV values.
- No claim bonus (NCB)
No claim bonus is a discount on the premium for Own damage cover when no claim was filed during the tenure of the chosen policy. This is provided to you for the number of years who did not make any insurance claim.
- ARAI Anti-theft discount
Vehicles that have ARAI (Automotive Research Association of India) approved anti-theft devices fitted are entitled to get 2.5% off on the premium rates.
How To Reduce Car Insurance Premium Price?
Here are some ways which can help you reduce your vehicle/car insurance premium:
1. Avoid Making Small Claims
The simplest way to lower your insurance premium is to earn No Claim Bonus (NCB) by not making any claim in a policy year. To make this happen, you should not make claims for small damages and pay them from your pocket. Also, you need to drive responsibly to avoid any accident.
2. Purchase Car Insurance Online
Online policy purchase brings a lot of difference in comparison to buying a plan through offline mode. Comparing policy quotes online can help policyholders find an affordable plan easily. Also, insurance companies offer policies at economical prices online due to the absence of any agent, etc.
3. Install Anti-Theft Devices in Car
Installation of anti-theft devices not only ensures security to your car from theft, etc., but can reduce the yearly insurance premium by around 5 percent. However, different insurers offer discounts only on anti-theft devices certified by the Automotive Research Association of India (ARAI).
4. Renew Your Policy On Time
With timely renewal of car insurance policy, you can avoid a lapse in the plan which will ultimately save you from getting your car reinspected. It will allow you to avail the policy at the old rate and avoid the hike in premium.
5. NCB Transfer to the New Car
You should transfer the NCB earned by you to your new car insurance policy. You can do so as the NCB is offered to the policyholder and not the car. Hence, it is prudent to retain the NCB benefit with you as it help you reduce your car insurance premium rate with the new car insurance policy.
Car Insurance for Popular Car Models
Car Insurance Add-ons
Find Right Car Insurance Quotes by Cars Body Type
- View Maruti Swift Insurance Quotes
- View Tata Altroz Insurance Quotes
- View Hyundai i20 Insurance Quotes
- View Maruti Baleno Insurance Quotes
- View Maruti Wagon R Insurance Quotes
- View Tata Tiago Insurance Quotes
- View Maruti Dzire Insurance Quotes
- View Honda City 4th Generation Insurance Quotes
- View Hyundai Verna Insurance Quotes
- View Honda City Insurance Quotes
- View Hyundai Aura Insurance Quotes
- View Honda Amaze Insurance Quotes
- View Mahindra Bolero Insurance Quotes
- View Mahindra Thar Insurance Quotes
- View Hyundai Creta Insurance Quotes
- View Toyota Fortuner Insurance Quotes
- View Tata Nexon Insurance Quotes
- View Kia Seltos Insurance Quotes
- View Maruti Ertiga Insurance Quotes
- View Toyota Innova Crysta Insurance Quotes
- View Renault Triber Insurance Quotes
- View Maruti XL6 Insurance Quotes
- View Maruti Eeco Insurance Quotes
- View Toyota Vellfire Insurance Quotes
Learn about Car Insurance Calculator
- The car insurance premium calculator is a useful tool that helps insurance seekers to calculate the cost of the insurance premium for the car.
- Read this article to know how to calculate car insurance premium using premium calculator.
- This article is about the benefits of using a car insurance premium calculator. It briefly introduces the importance and top 4 benefits.
Car Insurance Companies Reviews & Ratings
FAQ about Car Insurance Calculator
What is a car insurance premium calculator?
A car insurance premium calculator is simply an online tool that helps the policy buyer to get a policy quote from different insurance provider along with the amount of premium they are required to pay. You can use a car insurance premium calculator for free of cost at the InsuranceDekho website, which is one of the best premium calculators available online.
How does the car model affect the premium for your car insurance?
The model of the car is considered to be one of the important factors while calculating the premium paid towards car insurance cover. Premium paid against third party is based upon the engine cc of your car, and the make model also decides the Insured Declared Value (IDV) or make value of your car. A higher IDV results in an increased premium cost.
How can I calculate the premium for my car insurance?
To calculate the premium for your car insurance plan, simply go to InsuranceDekho official website. Choose the brand of your car, its registered location and purchase year. Once you enter all the required details, the premium quote will appear on your screen.
How is the premium calculator helpful in determining the premium paid towards car insurance?
The premium calculator allows you to choose the coverage, change the Insured Declared Value, include NCB and various add-on covers and depending upon the other details entered by you, it helps you in knowing the premium that you are required to pay towards your insurance company. It helps you in making a wise decision and well-informed choice prior to purchasing a good car insurance plan.
What are the advantages of using a car insurance premium calculator?
The advantages of using a car insurance premium calculator are as follows:
- The whole process of insurance buying online is made simpler and convenient for the policy proposers.
- It helps in drawing comparison between different premium rates and thereafter choosing the optimum insurance plan based upon your requirements and budget.
- Now, you are no longer required to make decisions in haste and get manipulated at the hands of some insurance agents.
What does premium mean in motor insurance?
A car or motor insurance premium is the amount of cost that you pay to your respective motor insurance provider in order to enjoy the coverage and benefits of a car insurance plan. The premium towards your car insurance plan can be paid on a monthly basis, yearly basis or even half yearly basis depending upon the payment options extended by your respective insurance company.
How can I calculate the insurance premium for my second hand car?
You can simply visit InsuranceDekho website in order to calculate premium payable towards your second hand or used car. Thereafter, you need to provide information like car make, car model, car variant, type of fuel, details regarding current car insurance policy, etc. Once you enter all the required information, your insurance premium will get displayed to you.
What are the different factors that can affect the premium paid towards my car insurance?
The factors affecting car insurance premium include Insured declared value of your car, vehicle type, model, make, engine’s cubic capacity, geographical location, etc.
Car Insurance News
- Steps To Buy Car Insurance Online In India
Read this article to understand easy ways to purchase your c...04 August 2021
- Reasons Why You Should Never Lie To Your Car Insur...
Read this article to find out why you should always be truth...04 August 2021
- Things To Keep In Mind About A Car Insurance Claim...
Read this article to understand the most common reasons for ...03 August 2021
- How To Renew SBI Car Insurance Plan?
Read this article to find out how you can renew your car ins...03 August 2021
- Benefits of Renewing Your HDFC ERGO Car Insurance ...
Read this article to know the benefits of renewing your car ...02 August 2021
- How Is Car Insurance Premium Calculated?
Read this article to understand how your car insurance premi...11 June 2021
- Ways To Reduce Your Car Insurance Premium
Read this article to find out effective ways where you can r...14 July 2021
- Everything About Kotak Mahindra Car Insurance
Read this article to understand the benefits of purchasing c...17 June 2021
- How Car Insurance Premium Calculator Is Beneficial...
Read this article to understand the benefits of using a car ...10 June 2021
- How To Get The Best Car Insurance Quote?
Read this article to find out 5 easy ways where you can get ...09 June 2021