- Save upto 75%*Lowest Car Premiums
- 11.5 Lakh+Happy Customers
- Claim Support7 days a week
*TP price for less than 1000cc four wheeler. All savings/offers are provided by the Insurers which are subject to modification. Terms and conditions apply
HDFC ERGO Car Insurance Policy Document
A car insurance policy document is a formal contract that binds the insurance company to offer specific insurance benefits to the policyholder under some predefined situations for a certain premium amount. The car insurance agreement stands as legal proof, hence, it is written in a quite detailed way by using several legal terminologies under various sections such as policy coverage, discounts offered, inclusions and exclusions, etc. The policyholders can own the policy documents in the form of a hard copy as well as a hard copy.
Whenever a car insurance policy is bought by a customer, the HDFC ERGO General Insurance Company sends its policy document to the registered address of the policyholder. The policyholder serves as a receipt for a car insurance policy purchase. To make the best use of a car insurance plan, you must go through the policy document properly to avail it in the right manner and avoid the occurrence of any complication during claim settlement. Some important sections of the car insurance policy documents which every policyholder should look through includes:
- Policy type
- Policy term
- Policy number
- Discounts and deductibles
- IDV and premium amount
- Inclusion and exclusion points
- Terms and conditions of the cover
- Grievance redressal process of the firm
- Personal and vehicle details of the policyholder.
How to Download HDFC ERGO Car Insurance Policy Online Using Policy Number?
The policy document of the HDFC ERGO car insurance policy can be downloaded by using the policy number issued to every policyholder. Here are the following steps to download the policy document:
- Visit the HDFC ERGO General Insurance website and click on the ‘Help’ tab and choose the ‘Email Policy Copy’ option.
- Enter Policy Number, Mobile Number or Email ID to proceed. On entering the Mobile Number or Email ID, a One Time Password(OTP) will be sent for verification on the registered mobile number or Email ID.
- After the verification through OTP, the car insurance policy document will be directly sent to the registered Email address of the policyholder.
Do I Need a Hard Copy of the HDFC ERGO Car Insurance Policy Document?
The hard copy of the policy document is valid proof of insurance. But, with technological advancement, digital means are promoted to carry insurance policies. The Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI) has also approved the digital insurance policies by launching e-Vahan Bima to digitise the insurance plans. It eliminates the need to hold an original or a duplicate hard copy of a car insurance policy document by car owners. The digital car insurance has a QR code where all the insurance policy details are stored.
How to Get a Hard Copy of HDFC ERGO Car Insurance Policy?
HDFC ERGO General Insurance dispatches the hard copy of the car insurance policy to the registered address of the policyholder soon after the policy purchase. But if somehow, it was not sent or if the policyholder purchased the policy online, in such a situation, the hard copy of the HDFC ERGO car insurance policy could be downloaded from the official website of the company by entering Policy Number, Mobile Number or Email ID. The policy will be downloaded in PDF format of which you can take the print out and use as a hard copy.
However, for further assistance in this regard, policyholders can reach InsuranceDekho, by calling their customer support team at the toll-free number 7551-196-989. The support staff of the InsuranceDekho portal are available to assist policyholders on all the days of the week between 9:30 am and 6:30 pm. The customer care professionals of the InsuranceDekho are trained to resolve all sorts of insurance issues at the earliest.
How Can I Make Changes In My HDFC ERGO Car Insurance Policy Document?
Every detail mentioned in the car insurance policy is required to be absolutely correct to avail it to the fullest. If any wrong detail is entered in the HDFC ERGO car insurance policy document, it can be changed online by clicking the ‘Make Changes’ option under the ‘Help’ tab. Entering the customer portal with a policy number, mobile number or email address will allow you to make rectifications in the plan. The policyholders can also get in touch with the support staff by calling 1800-2666-400. Also, policyholders can visit the nearest branch of the company for further assistance.
Calculate Your Car Insurance
Explore Hdfc Ergo Car Insurance
Must Read Articles before buying Hdfc Ergo Car Insurance
- It might be an expensive error to keep paying your vehicle insurance payments to the same company for a long period.
- The Benefits of Renewing Your Car Insurance Policy on Time
- Learn everything there is to know about the total loss in auto insurance
- With the advancement of technology, traffic infringement laws have gotten harsher.
- Unexpected car accidents might not only ruin your day, but they can also put you in danger.
HDFC ERGO Car Insurance User Reviews
- Most Helpful
- Cashless Garages
- Add On
545 Hdfc Ergo Cashless Garages in India
HDFC ERGO Car Insurance Policy Download FAQs
How do I get a duplicate copy of my HDFC Ergo car insurance policy?
If you have lost or misplaced your car insurance policy document, then you can contact HDFC Ergo at their customer care number 022 6234 6234 and request them to send you a duplicate insurance copy.
How can I download my HDFC Ergo insurance plan?
You can download your HDFC Ergo car insurance plan by going to their customer care support portal. There you are required to enter your personal information like contact number and email-ID along with the policy number of the insurance plan.
How can I download my HDFC Ergo insurance plan through their official application?
You can download the HDFC Ergo Insurance Portfolio Organizer app, in order to manage all your insurance plans at ease. Moreover, you can not just check various details related to your policy document but you can also download it through the app.
What if I wish to make corrections to my HDFC Ergo policy documents?
You can contact HDFC Ergo customer care number at number 022 6234 6234 and make a request to get the discrepancies corrected in the policy document. Thereafter, making all the required changes in the policy document, the company would send a new policy document to you.
How can I print a duplicate copy of the HDFC Ergo car insurance policy document?
You can simply visit the customer care portal and enter information regarding your policy number, phone number and email ID. The company will send the policy document to you at the registered email ID, from there you can easily download the policy and take a print out for the same.
Why to buy from InsuranceDekho?
- Instant policy # within 5 mins
- More than 45 Lac happy customers
- Claim Support available all 7 days of the week
Car Insurance News
- Things You Didn't Know About A Car's IDV
The Insured Declared Value (IDV) of your automobile is the c...19 May 2022
- During The Smog Season, Here Are Some Suggestions ...
During the smog season, be aware of these strategies for red...19 May 2022
- Why And How Is A Car Insurance Background Check Pe...
Motorists benefit from car insurance since it financially pr...18 May 2022
- What Is The Procedure For Paying Shriram General I...
Shriram General Insurance provides a variety of renewal paym...18 May 2022
- How Do I Check The Status Of My Tata Aig General I...
Taking care of your vehicle should never be a financial stra...17 May 2022
- Driver and Passenger Cover In Car Insurance
Passenger insurance protects passengers traveling in the ins...22 March 2022
- The Advantages of Buying HDFC ERGO Car Insurance O...
In the market, HDFC ERGO offers a wide range of products.04 April 2022
- What Should I Do If I Get Into A Car Accident?
Do you want to know what to do if you are involved in a vehi...27 March 2022
- What Is IDV and How Does It Work?
The IDV Calculator is an online tool that determines the mar...30 March 2022
- Some Car Insurance Add-On Covers to Think About
Car insurance add-ons are available from one insurer to the ...02 April 2022