About Universal Sompo General Insurance
Universal Sompo General Insurance Company is a private-public joint venture. It is the first of its kind and the venture is comprised of two nationalised banks - Indian Overseas Bank and Allahabad Bank, one private bank - Karnataka Bank, an FMCG company Dabur Investment Corporation and the well-known Japan-based insurance firm Sompo Japan Nipponkoa Insurance Incorporation. The company offers around 135 IRDAI approved products across India that includes reliable car insurance plans.
As on March 31, 2016, the company has rendered over 1.6 million insurance policies and has settled more than 1.1 lakh insurance claims. Since the commencement of its operations in 2007, Universal Sompo General Insurance Company has grown well, gaining popularity for delivering customer-oriented car insurance products. Universal Sompo General Insurance features an active network composed of 113 Branches and 17 Zonal Offices. The company claims that its car insurance products are developed based on personalisation and flexibility. Apart from car insurance policies, the company offers policies for health insurance, business insurance, travel insurance, home insurance, and two-wheeler insurance. Furthermore, the company has a praiseworthy after-sale service which helps it keep its car insurance customers satisfied and happy.
Universal Sompo Car Insurance Benefits
- Offers both third party car insurance policy as well as comprehensive car insurance policy.
- Features a network of more than 3,500 garages and network hospitals which means quick repairs and quick-aided recovery.
- Availability of No Claim Bonus (NCB) if no claim is filed during an insurance policy tenure.
- It is a trusted and responsive insurance company which features a Claim Settlement Ratio of 90%
- It has been ranked among the top 5 insurers among the list of 15 non-life insurance companies as per the ICMR-BMF survey.
- Offers a plethora of add-on covers alongside the standard comprehensive insurance policy that helps enhance the areas of coverage for the insured vehicle.
- Robust customer support assistance for all after sales and claim settlement services.
What is your car's brand?
502 Universal Sompo Cashless Garages in India
Explore Universal Sompo Car Insurance
Universal Sompo Car Insurance User Reviews
- Most Helpful
Universal Sompo Car Insurance FAQs
Is it mandatory to purchase a car insurance policy?Yes, it is compulsory to insure your vehicle against at least third party liabilities as per the Motor Vehicles Tariff, 2002.
What is a Cover Note?A cover Note is an interim cover of insurance issued before the issuance of a policy by the Insurer after the policyholder has submitted the proposal form and has paid the full premium.
What documents do I need at the time of claim filing?You need the following documents at the time of filing an insurance claim: Insurance policy document Car’s Registration Certificate (RC) Pollution Under Control Certificate Valid driving licence
What is No Claim Bonus?No Claim Bonus (NCB) is the discount given to the policyholder if no claim is lodged during the entire insurance period. The amount of NCB ranges between 20-50% of the own-damage premium, depending upon the number of years in which no claim was filed.
Is there any way to change details in my existing policy?You can modify your details in your existing policy by raising an endorsement request with the insurer.
Why to Buy Car Insurance Policy from InsuranceDekho?
- Instant policy# within 5 mins
- More than 11.5 Lac happy customers
- Claim Support available all 7 days of the week
Car Insurance News
- Things to put into a car emergency kit
Every car should ideally have an emergency kit. But what sho...01 December 2020
- What to do if your car breaks down on a busy highw...
What do you need to do if a car breaks down on a highway? Re...01 December 2020
- Things to Do in Case Car Catches Fire
Car fires spread fast and require you to respond quickly. Re...30 November 2020
- New Car Registration Process and Documents Require...
Bought a new car and need to get it registered? Read this ar...30 November 2020
- Why You Should Renew Your car Insurance Before the...
Why do insurance companies insist you renew the car insuranc...29 November 2020
- Know Which Are the Best Car Insurance Companies in...
Here is a list of the best car insurers in terms of claim se...20 September 2019
- How to Claim Car Insurance After Meeting an Accide...
Browse step by step experts guide on how to make a car insur...23 December 2019
- Which Insurance Company Provides the Cheapest Car ...
Here is a list of car insurance plans available at reasonabl...24 September 2019
- Is Personal Accident Cover for Owner-Driver Compul...
Every car owner in India is mandatorily required to have a p...09 December 2019
- Things to Know About Multi Year Car Insurance Poli...
There are multiple benefits of a multi year car insurance po...09 January 2020