About Universal Sompo General Insurance
Universal Sompo General Insurance Company is a private-public joint venture. It is the first of its kind and the venture is comprised of two nationalised banks - Indian Overseas Bank and Allahabad Bank, one private bank - Karnataka Bank, an FMCG company Dabur Investment Corporation and the well-known Japan-based insurance firm Sompo Japan Nipponkoa Insurance Incorporation. The company offers around 135 IRDAI approved products across India that includes reliable car insurance plans.
As on March 31, 2016, the company has rendered over 1.6 million insurance policies and has settled more than 1.1 lakh insurance claims. Since the commencement of its operations in 2007, Universal Sompo General Insurance Company has grown well, gaining popularity for delivering customer-oriented car insurance products. Universal Sompo General Insurance features an active network composed of 113 Branches and 17 Zonal Offices. The company claims that its car insurance products are developed based on personalisation and flexibility. Apart from car insurance policies, the company offers policies for health insurance, business insurance, travel insurance, home insurance, and two-wheeler insurance. Furthermore, the company has a praiseworthy after-sale service which helps it keep its car insurance customers satisfied and happy.
Universal Sompo Car Insurance Benefits
- Offers both third party car insurance policy as well as comprehensive car insurance policy.
- Features a network of more than 3,500 garages and network hospitals which means quick repairs and quick-aided recovery.
- Availability of No Claim Bonus (NCB) if no claim is filed during an insurance policy tenure.
- It is a trusted and responsive insurance company which features a Claim Settlement Ratio of 90%
- It has been ranked among the top 5 insurers among the list of 15 non-life insurance companies as per the ICMR-BMF survey.
- Offers a plethora of add-on covers alongside the standard comprehensive insurance policy that helps enhance the areas of coverage for the insured vehicle.
- Robust customer support assistance for all after sales and claim settlement services.
What is your car's brand?
502 Universal Sompo Cashless Garages in India
Explore Universal Sompo Car Insurance
Universal Sompo User Reviews
- Most Helpful
Universal Sompo Car Insurance FAQs
Is it mandatory to purchase a car insurance policy?Yes, it is compulsory to insure your vehicle against at least third party liabilities as per the Motor Vehicles Tariff, 2002.
What is a Cover Note?A cover Note is an interim cover of insurance issued before the issuance of a policy by the Insurer after the policyholder has submitted the proposal form and has paid the full premium.
What documents do I need at the time of claim filing?You need the following documents at the time of filing an insurance claim: Insurance policy document Car’s Registration Certificate (RC) Pollution Under Control Certificate Valid driving licence
What is No Claim Bonus?No Claim Bonus (NCB) is the discount given to the policyholder if no claim is lodged during the entire insurance period. The amount of NCB ranges between 20-50% of the own-damage premium, depending upon the number of years in which no claim was filed.
Is there any way to change details in my existing policy?You can modify your details in your existing policy by raising an endorsement request with the insurer.
Why to Buy Car Insurance Policy from InsuranceDekho?
- Instant policy# within 5 mins
- More than 11.5 Lac happy customers
- Claim Support available all 7 days of the week
Latest Car Insurance News
- Reasons Why You Need Car Insurance For Autonomous ...
Autonomous vehicles may get you excited with each new car be...17 August 2020
- Top Car Insurance Companies Providing Personal Acc...
On the basis of Health Insurance Claim settlement ratio, her...30 April 2020
- Cashless Car Insurance Policy Usefulness
What is cashless motor insurance all about? Let’s get into t...27 April 2020
- Types of Car Insurance Policies in India
Let’s explore about car insurance policy types in India. Aft...24 April 2020
- Return to Invoice Add-On Cover For Car Insurance
Explore return to invoice add-on cover in Car Insurance in ...23 April 2020
- Know What is NCB in Car Insurance Online India
All You Need To Know About No Claim Bonus On Car Insurance O...22 April 2020