- First private-public joint venture company in IndiaCheck in your City
- Ranked 5th in ICMR-BMF survey of top 15 non-life insurance companies
- 24*7 responsive customer support
- Instant and paperless policy renewal
About Universal Sompo General Insurance
Universal Sompo General Insurance Company is a private-public joint venture. It is the first of its kind and the venture is comprised of two nationalised banks - Indian Overseas Bank and Allahabad Bank, one private bank - Karnataka Bank, an FMCG company Dabur Investment Corporation and the well-known Japan-based insurance firm Sompo Japan Nipponkoa Insurance Incorporation. The company offers around 135 IRDAI approved products across India.
As on March 31, 2016, the company has rendered over 1.6 million policies and had settled more than 1.1 lakh claims. Since the commencement of its operations in 2007, Universal Sompo General Insurance Company has grown well, gaining popularity for delivering customer-oriented products. Universal Sompo General Insurance features an active network composed of 113 Branches and 17 Zonal Offices. The company claims that its products are developed based on personalisation and flexibility. Moreover, it has maintained an impressive product portfolio offering to individuals and large corporates. It offers products for health, business, travel, home and vehicles. Furthermore, the company has a praiseworthy after-sale service which helps it keep its customers satisfied and happy.
Universal Sompo Car Insurance Benefits
- Offers both third party car insurance policy as well as comprehensive car insurance policy.
- Features a network of more than 3,500 garages and network hospitals which means quick repairs and quick-aided recovery.
- Availability of No Claim Bonus (NCB) if no claim is filed during an insurance policy tenure.
- It is a trusted and responsive insurance company which features a claim settlement ratio of 90%
- It has been ranked among the top 5 insurers among the list of 15 non-life insurance companies as per the ICMR-BMF survey.
- Offers a plethora of add-on covers alongside the standard comprehensive insurance policy that helps enhance the areas of coverage for the insured vehicle.
- Robust customer support assistance for all after sales and claim settlement services.
Universal Sompo User Reviews
The website enabled me to first compare all the policies and then choose the best one for me. The idea of comparison is really nice.
Got all my queries resolved by calling your at your customer care number. Thanks for the support.
Universal Sompo Car Insurance FAQs
Is it mandatory to purchase a car insurance policy?Yes, it is compulsory to insure your vehicle against at least third party liabilities as per the Motor Vehicles Tariff, 2002.
What is a Cover Note?A cover Note is an interim cover of insurance issued before the issuance of a policy by the Insurer after the policyholder has submitted the proposal form and has paid the full premium.
What documents do I need at the time of claim filing?You need the following documents at the time of filing an insurance claim: Insurance policy document Car’s Registration Certificate (RC) Pollution Under Control Certificate Valid driving licence
What is No Claim Bonus?No Claim Bonus (NCB) is the discount given to the policyholder if no claim is lodged during the entire insurance period. The amount of NCB ranges between 20-50% of the own-damage premium, depending upon the number of years in which no claim was filed.
Is there any way to change details in my existing policy?You can modify your details in your existing policy by raising an endorsement request with the insurer.
What all discounts can I avail on my policy?The following discounts can be availed with a car insurance policy: No Claim Bonus (NCB) Automobile Association Membership discount anti-theft devices discount
What is a break-in period in car insurance?Break-in period occurs when the policy expires because of non-renewal. In such a case, you need to get the policy renewed within 90 days of its expiration to enjoy NCB.
What are add-ons?Add-ons are extra covers for extra protection of the car. Some popular add-ons are Zero Depreciation add-on, NCB protection cover, Engine Cover, among others. You need to pay an additional premium for each add-on.