- Save upto 75%*Lowest Car Premiums
- 11.5 Lakh+Happy Customers
- Claim Support7 days a week
*TP price for less than 1000cc four wheeler. All savings/offers are provided by the Insurers which are subject to modification. Terms and conditions apply
About Universal Sompo General Insurance
Universal Sompo General Insurance Company is a private-public joint venture. It is the first of its kind and the venture is comprised of two nationalised banks - Indian Overseas Bank and Allahabad Bank, one private bank - Karnataka Bank, an FMCG company Dabur Investment Corporation and the well-known Japan-based insurance firm Sompo Japan Nipponkoa Insurance Incorporation. The company offers around 135 IRDAI approved products across India that includes reliable car insurance plans.
As on March 31, 2016, the company has rendered over 1.6 million insurance policies and has settled more than 1.1 lakh insurance claims.Universal Sompo General Insurance Company has developed rapidly since its establishment in 2007, gaining a reputation for providing customer-oriented car insurance products. Universal Sompo General Insurance features an active network composed of 113 Branches and 17 Zonal Offices. The company claims that its car insurance products are developed based on personalisation and flexibility. The company also offers policies for health insurance, business insurance, travel insurance, home insurance, and two-wheeler insurance. In addition, the company has a remarkable after-sale service that helps it in keeping its car insurance customers satisfied and happy.
Universal Sompo Car Insurance
When it comes to car insurance, Universal Sompo General Insurance offers two types of car insurance plans that comprise a third party car insurance policy and a comprehensive car insurance policy. The former is a policy that covers the insured as well as his or her car from financial losses and damages after an accident or any mishap such as theft, fire, natural calamity, or man-made calamity, while the latter is a policy that covers the insured as well as his or her car from financial losses and damages after an accident or any mishap such as theft, fire, natural calamity, or man-made calamity.
However, to enhance the car insurance policy coverage, one can purchase add-on cover(s), by paying a little extra premium amount, offered by the insurance company to ensure all-round safety when hitting the road.The insurer provides add-on insurance such as nil depreciation, return to invoice, daily cash allowance, key replacement, and roadside assistance, and so on. In addition to these benefits, policyholders can receive a No Claim Bonus by going an overall policy year without filing a claim on their own-damage premium, which they can use at the time of renewal.This discount may accumulate with every claim-free year and range from 20% to maximum of 50%.
Significant Points of Universal Sompo Car Insurance
Third Party Property Damage
Up to Rs. 7.5 Lakh
Own Damage Cover
Coverage for Own Car for Its Loss and Damage
Personal Accident Cover
Up to Rs. 15 Lakh for the Owner-Driver
8 Add-on Covers
24/7 Claim Assistance
Calculate Your Car Insurance
Benefits of Universal Sompo Car Insurance
- Possess authentic and prestigious certifications
- Allows its policyholders to raise unlimited claims
- Provides third party as well as comprehensive plan
- Holds a strong network of more than 3,500 garages
- 24x7 emergency assistance is provided to policyholders
- Robust customer support system to resolve their queries
502 Universal Sompo Cashless Garages in India
Explore Universal Sompo Car Insurance
Must Read Articles before buying Universal Sompo Car Insurance
- Go through this article to take a note of the things that you should consider while buying car insurance.
- Universal Sompo is a leading firm that provides affordable and customized car insurance plans. Read to know about Universal Sompo Car Insurance plans.
- What is a PUC certificate for car? PUC stands for Pollution Under Control. A mandatory certificate of PUC is granted to a car owner. Read more.
Universal Sompo Car Insurance User Reviews
- Most Helpful
- Cashless Garages
- Add On
Universal Sompo Car Insurance FAQs
Is it mandatory to purchase a car insurance policy?
Yes, it is compulsory to insure your car against at least third party liabilities as per the Motor Vehicles Tariff, 2002. It means a car owner has to own at least a third party insurance cover while driving a car otherwise he or she might be imposed with a fine of Rs. 2,000 and/or imprisonment of up to 3 months.
How can I buy a car insurance plan from Universal Sompo company?
You can purchase a car insurance policy from Universal Sompo General Insurance in different ways. The first one is the traditional way where you can directly visit the branch and purchase it. The second method is an online mode where you can purchase a car insurance cover online through the website of Universal Sompo. Lastly, you can also get in touch with the support executives of Universal Sompo General Insurance by calling their toll-free number and they will help you in buying the policy.
What documents do I need at the time of claim filing?
When it comes to filing a car insurance claim, you require to keep the following documents handy:
- Valid Driving Licence of Car
- Car Insurance policy document
- Car’s Registration Certificate (RC)
- Pollution Under Control Certificate (PUC)
How can I get cashless repair service for my car?
Universal Sompo General Insurance offers cashless repair services to its policyholders at its network garages. The policyholders of the insurance company can get the repair and replacement service at any of the 3,500+ network garages of the insurance company spread all around the country. The claims at these authorized workshops are completely cashless due to which customers have to pay nothing apart from deductibles for repair costs.
Is there any way to change details in my existing car insurance policy?
You can modify your details in your existing car insurance policy by raising an endorsement request with your insurance company. You can connect with them through call, email or online mode. However, you can also visit the nearest branch of the Universal Sompo to get the changes done to your existing policy.
Why to buy from InsuranceDekho?
- Instant policy # within 5 mins
- More than 45 Lac happy customers
- Claim Support available all 7 days of the week
Car Insurance News
- What You Should Know About the PUC Certificate on ...
Every automobile owner in India should have a PUC (Pollution...04 July 2022
- Is insurance required to test drive a vehicle?
This article will help you understand why you need to ensure...04 July 2022
- Why Will Insurance For Electric Vehicles Be More E...
Learn why insurance for electric vehicles will be more expen...03 July 2022
- Consumables Add-on to Car Insurance
Learn all about consumables add-on to car insurance.02 July 2022
- What Effects Do Car Modifications Have on Insuranc...
Learn which modifications to your automobile have an impact ...01 July 2022
- How Do I Get an Online Car Pollution Certificate?
The Pollution Under Control Certificate, or PUC certificate,...16 May 2022
- 10 Ways To Save Money On Car Insurance
Let’s discuss some tricks on how to get the best deal on you...06 May 2022
- What Effects Can Modifications Have on Your Digit ...
Read this article to discover more about the factors that de...05 May 2022
- What is a Cashless Car Insurance Policy, And How D...
The cashless auto insurance function is quite helpful in the...14 May 2022
- Suggestions for Increasing Bike Fuel Efficiency
Check out the 10 tried-and-true tips below if you've ever wo...13 May 2022