About Universal Sompo General Insurance
Universal Sompo General Insurance Company is a private-public joint venture. It is the first of its kind and the venture is comprised of two nationalised banks - Indian Overseas Bank and Allahabad Bank, one private bank - Karnataka Bank, an FMCG company Dabur Investment Corporation and the well-known Japan-based insurance firm Sompo Japan Nipponkoa Insurance Incorporation. The company offers around 135 IRDAI approved products across India that includes reliable car insurance plans.
As on March 31, 2016, the company has rendered over 1.6 million insurance policies and has settled more than 1.1 lakh insurance claims. Since the commencement of its operations in 2007, Universal Sompo General Insurance Company has grown well, gaining popularity for delivering customer-oriented car insurance products. Universal Sompo General Insurance features an active network composed of 113 Branches and 17 Zonal Offices. The company claims that its car insurance products are developed based on personalisation and flexibility. Apart from car insurance policies, the company offers policies for health insurance, business insurance, travel insurance, home insurance, and two-wheeler insurance. Furthermore, the company has a praiseworthy after-sale service which helps it keep its car insurance customers satisfied and happy.
Universal Sompo Car Insurance
When it comes to car insurance, Universal Sompo General Insurance offers two types of car insurance plans that comprise a third party car insurance policy and a comprehensive car insurance policy. The former is the basic and compulsory car insurance policy to be carried by every policyholder while driving, which covers your financial liabilities towards a third party arising after an accident with the involvement of the insurer car, while the latter is a policy which is designed to protect the insured as well as his or her car from financial losses and damages after an accident or any mishap such as theft, fire, natural calamity or man-made calamity.
However, to enhance the car insurance policy coverage, one can purchase add-on cover(s), by paying a little extra premium amount, offered by the insurance company to ensure all-round safety when hitting the road. The add-on covers provided by the insurer are nil depreciation cover, return to invoice cover, daily cash allowance cover, key replacement cover, roadside assistance and so on. In addition to these offerings, policyholders can also achieve No Claim Bonus as a reward of completing a policy year without making any claim on their own-damage premium, which they can avail during the renewal of the policy. This discount may accumulate with every claim-free year and range from 20% to maximum of 50%.
Significant Points of National Car Insurance
Third Party Property Damage
Up to Rs. 7.5 Lakh
Own Damage Cover
Coverage for Own Car for Its Loss and Damage
Personal Accident Cover
Up to Rs. 15 Lakh for the Owner-Driver
8 Add-on Covers
24/7 Claim Assistance
Universal Sompo Car Insurance Benefits
- Offers both third party car insurance policy as well as comprehensive car insurance policy.
- Features a network of more than 3,500 garages and network hospitals which means quick repairs and quick-aided recovery.
- Availability of No Claim Bonus (NCB) if no claim is filed during an insurance policy tenure.
- It is a trusted and responsive insurance company which features a Claim Settlement Ratio of 90%
- It has been ranked among the top 5 insurers among the list of 15 non-life insurance companies as per the ICMR-BMF survey.
- Offers a plethora of add-on covers alongside the standard comprehensive insurance policy that helps enhance the areas of coverage for the insured vehicle.
- Robust customer support assistance for all after-sales and claim settlement services.
What is your car's brand?
502 Universal Sompo Cashless Garages in India
Explore Universal Sompo Car Insurance
Universal Sompo Car Insurance User Reviews
- Most Helpful
Universal Sompo Car Insurance FAQs
Is it mandatory to purchase a car insurance policy?Yes, it is compulsory to insure your vehicle against at least third party liabilities as per the Motor Vehicles Tariff, 2002.
What is a Cover Note?A cover Note is an interim cover of insurance issued before the issuance of a policy by the Insurer after the policyholder has submitted the proposal form and has paid the full premium.
What documents do I need at the time of claim filing?You need the following documents at the time of filing an insurance claim: Insurance policy document Car’s Registration Certificate (RC) Pollution Under Control Certificate Valid driving licence
What is No Claim Bonus?No Claim Bonus (NCB) is the discount given to the policyholder if no claim is lodged during the entire insurance period. The amount of NCB ranges between 20-50% of the own-damage premium, depending upon the number of years in which no claim was filed.
Is there any way to change details in my existing policy?You can modify your details in your existing policy by raising an endorsement request with the insurer.
Why to Buy Car Insurance Policy Online from InsuranceDekho?
- Instant policy# within 5 mins
- More than 11.5 Lac happy customers
- Claim Support available all 7 days of the week
Car Insurance News
- List of Documents Required for Car Insurance Claim
Check this post to learn about the list of documents that ar...27 February 2021
- How to Get Your Car Ready for A Road Trip?
Read this post to know how to get your car ready for a road ...27 February 2021
- Top Differences Between Zero Depreciation and Comp...
A comprehensive car insurance policy is a type of car insura...26 February 2021
- All You Should Know About Multi-Year Car Insurance
Check this post to know all about multi-year car insurance. ...26 February 2021
- Reasons Why It is Important To Have A Car Insuranc...
Here are a few reasons that make car insurance personal acci...25 February 2021
- Going On A Road Trip? Read This!
Wondering what to do before heading out on the road with you...04 January 2021
- How To Keep Your Car Battery Healthy?
The car battery is an essential part of the vehicle. In this...02 January 2021
- Endorsement in Car Insurance
What is ‘endorsement’ in car insurance? Read this article to...02 January 2021
- Understanding Return To Invoice Cover In Car Insur...
Bought a new Car? The Return to Invoice Cover may be a prude...01 January 2021
- What is the Bumper To Bumper Add-On Cover?
Confused what the bumper to bumper add--on cover offers? Rea...03 January 2021