Comprehensive Two-Wheeler Insurance
A comprehensive two-wheeler insurance policy offers protection to the insured against any third party liabilities i.e. third party property or third party person along with own damage to the vehicle. It offers protection to the vehicle against any natural disasters, accident, theft, man-made calamities and other similar incidents. It also offers the policyholder with a personal accident cover if they sustain any kind of bodily injuries at the time of riding the two-wheeler.
Savings & Affordable Premiums
Premium starting at just Rs. 482/year*
Our claim experts across India ensure an easy and quick claim process for you"
Get cashless repair services at over 7500+ network garages
Damages to third-party
Damages to a third party or third-party property are covered
Own Damage Cover
Get coverage against accidents, man-made disasters, and natural disasters
Customizable with Add-ons
Enhance the coverage offered under comprehensive policy with add-ons such as engine protection, zero depreciation, consumables cover, key loss, etc.
No Claim Bonus (NCB)
Get up to 50% discount on bike insurance premiums on making no claim for 5 consecutive years
- Save upto 75%*Lowest Bike Premiums
- 45 Lakh+Happy Customers
- Claim Support7 days a week
*TP price for less than 150cc two-wheeler. All savings/offers are provided by the Insurers which are subject to modification. Terms and conditions apply
What Is Comprehensive Bike Insurance?
Comprehensive two-wheeler insurance is a package that offers insurance coverage for the loss/damage incurred by the insured’s two-wheeler as well as for third-party liabilities. It is an all-inclusive two wheeler insurance plan.
Policyholders can customise and enhance the coverage offered by a comprehensive policy with the help of a number of add-ons covers such as Zero Depreciation Cover, Roadside Assistance Cover, NCB Cover, Bi-fuel Kit Cover etc.
What Is Covered Under Comprehensive Two-wheeler Insurance Policy?
Get a comprehensive two-wheeler insurance quote online today. Don't forget to explore the following advantages of buying a comprehensive two-wheeler insurance policy.
- Damage or Loss Due to Natural Calamity: Any damage or loss occurring to the insured bike because of any natural calamity like typhoon, cyclone, flood, hurricane, storm, inundation, tempest, hailstorm, landslide etc will be covered under a comprehensive two-wheeler insurance plan.
- Damage or Loss Due to Manmade Calamity: Any damage or loss occurring to the insured bike because of any man-made calamity like a riot, any malicious act, terrorist activity, strike, damage caused during transit by rail, inland waterway, road, lift, air, water etc will be covered under a comprehensive two-wheeler insurance plan.
- Own Damage Cover: With the help of this cover, the insured vehicle is offered protection against any loss or damage caused to it because of any theft, natural calamity, man-made calamity, fire, explosion etc.
- Third-Party Liability: Any loss or damage suffered by a third party person or third party property due to an accident or mishap with insured vehicle is covered under the comprehensive insurance plan.
- Theft: In case, the insured motorbike gets stolen, coverage is offered to the insured vehicle.
- Explosion and Fire: Under a comprehensive insurance plan, coverage is offered for any loss or damage caused because of self-ignition, fire, or an explosion.
What All Is Not Covered Under A Comprehensive Two-wheeler Insurance?
The following are not covered under a comprehensive two-wheeler insurance plan:
- Depreciation/wear and tear of the vehicle.
- Mechanical or electrical breakdown of the insured vehicle.
- Illegal practices such as when the vehicle was being driven without a valid driving licence.
- The accident occurred when the driver was under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- Any loss or damage due to mutiny war, or nuclear attacks and other events that are beyond compensation.
Comprehensive Bike Insurance Vs Third Party Bike Insurance
Comprehensive Two-wheeler Insurance
Third Party Two-wheeler Insurance
A comprehensive two-wheeler insurance policy offers coverage for own damage as well as third-party liabilities - bodily injuries/death and property damage caused by the insured’s vehicle.
The third-party two-wheeler insurance policy offers coverage only for third-party liabilities - injury/death/property damage of the third party caused by the insured’s vehicle.
Two Wheeler Insurance Add-ons such as Zero Depreciation Cover, Roadside assistance Cover, Consumables Cover, etc. can be opted for with this policy against an extra premium.
Add-on covers cannot be opted for with this policy.
Nature of requirement
It is an optional but recommended policy.
It is mandatory to have at least a third-party insurance cover as per Indian Motor Tariff.
It is comparatively costlier because it offers extensive coverage.
It is comparatively cost-effective because it offers narrow coverage.
Disclaimer: This article is issued in the general public interest and meant for general information purposes only. Readers are advised not to rely on the contents of the article as conclusive in nature and should research further or consult an expert in this regard.
Calculate Your Bike Insurance Premium Online
Select your Two wheeler brand
Which city is your Two wheeler registered in?
When did you buy your Two wheeler?
What are the Benefits of Buying a Comprehensive Bike Insurance Plan?
Getting your bike insured under an all encompassing, comprehensive bike insurance plan can give you the peace of mind and help you in staying worry free from protecting your bike, rider’s safety, any liabilities that can incur the damage or loss of third party be it third party property or person. Some of the benefits of buying a comprehensive bike insurance plan in India are as follows:
- A comprehensive bike insurance plan offers compensation to the policyholder for any expenses incurred by he/she towards the repair of insured bikes.
- It offers coverage against loss or damage incurred because of any natural calamities such as tsunami, earthquake, flood, hurricane, etc.
- It offers protection to the insured bike against any damage or loss caused because of manmade activities like burglary, theft, riots, etc.
- This insurance plan also offers coverage to the rider for any kind of personal injuries incurred due to an accident at the time of riding the bike. Moreover, it is not important for the rider to be the policyholder. If the rider is holding a valid driving license, then the insurance provider would offer compensation for medical assistance.
- Under a comprehensive bike insurance plan, a policyholder not only receives compensation for medical treatment of the rider incurred due to an accident but it also provides financial assistance for complete or partial physical disability of the rider. Also, it offers a death benefit in the event of death of the rider.
- Other than the above benefits, a comprehensive bike insurance plan also offers coverage against any legal liabilities incurred towards any third party during any mishap or accident. This plan offers coverage towards both vehicle loss, property damage, death, physical injuries to the third party caused due to the fault of insured vehicle.
Significance Of IDV While Selecting The Bike Insurance Policy
IDV stands for Insured Declared Value. It is the maximum amount that your insurance company would be providing you, in case your two-wheeler gets stolen or gets completely damaged. Premiums are an important aspect to be considered while choosing a bike insurance policy but do not forget to check the Insured declared value of your bike prior to buying an insurance policy. Also, it is highly recommended to select a higher IDV as at the time of complete loss of your two-wheeler, a high IDV would mean a higher reimbursement amount.
What Add-ons Can You Buy with Comprehensive Bike Insurance?
The add-ons covers are designed to enhance the coverage of an insurance policy. They offer flexibility to insurance plans by allowing its policyholders to select and pick a cover to boost coverage and different aspects of a plan based on their suitability. Below given are some of the add-on covers which can be included in a comprehensive bike insurance cover:
- Passenger Cover
- Consumables Cover
- Engine Protector Cover
- Return to Invoice Cover
- Zero Depreciation Cover
- Roadside Assistance Cover
- No Claim Bonus Protect Cover
What Is NCB in Comprehensive Bike Insurance?
The premium for comprehensive bike insurance plans is higher than of third party bike insurance plans as the former offers coverage to a third party as well as own-damage expenses which contributes to wider coverage, while the latter compensates the only third party expenses. Besides, the No Claim Bonus or NCB benefit is only offered on the own-damage insurance cover within the policy.
The No Claim Bonus is a reward which is provided by the bike insurance companies to the policyholder for a claim-free year. This benefit is cumulative in nature which could go up to 50% with every successive claim-free year. Here is the chart that explains the calculation of the No Claim Bonus (NCB):
Number of Claim Free Years
Reasons to Buy A Comprehensive Bike Insurance Policy Online?
When it comes to purchasing a bike insurance plan, you can buy it either offline or online. However, in today’s scenario, buying a policy online is more beneficial for policyholders due to which every insurance company is making its plans available online. Here are some significant facts that you should consider before purchasing two-wheeler insurance online:
- Quick Policy Issuance – The online purchase of a bike insurance policy could make you get the policy documents in your mailbox within a few seconds due to quick policy issuance by the insurers.
- No Additional Charges – By purchasing a bike insurance plan online, you save yourself from paying any additional charges to agents, which makes the purchase process economical.
- Easy Purchase Process - You will not be required to provide previous bike insurance policy details to your insurance company if your policy has been expired for more than 90 days.
- Paperless Procedures - You can get benefits related to a bike insurance plan without getting into tedious paperwork with paperless procedures through an online facility.
- Easy Renewal of Policy - You can easily renew your expired bike insurance policy online by making the payment online through the website of your insurance company.
- Claim Settlement Assistance – With the online purchase, you can get assistance while making a claim for your bike or two-wheeler for its settlement.
- Anytime Online Support – The online support is always available on the website of the insurer or insurance platforms to help you with any insurance-related query through chatbox, email, etc.
How to Buy A Comprehensive Bike Insurance Policy?
To buy a comprehensive bike insurance plan is quite and you just have to follow the below-given steps to purchase a comprehensive bike insurance policy online:
Step 1: Visit the official website of InsuranceDekho
Step 2: In the ‘Get Your Quote’ section provide your bike registration number or other details such as its make, model, variant, year of registration and so on, and then select ‘proceed’.
Step 3: Enter your personal details, i.e., your name and your mobile number after which various policy quotes for comprehensive bike insurance policies will be displayed on your screen.
Step 4: Compare the bike insurance policy quotes and select a plan which suits your needs and budget the most.
Step 5: Make the payment for the insurance policy of your choice. After the payment, the policy document will be sent to your registered email ID.
Bike Insurance for Popular Bike Models
- *Premium Starting from ₹1,075
- *Premium Starting from ₹1,045
- *Premium Starting from ₹1,076
- *Premium Starting from ₹1,110
- *Premium Starting from ₹2,070
- *Premium Starting from ₹1,716
- *Premium Starting from ₹26,566
- *Premium Starting from ₹1,813
- *Premium Starting from ₹1,883
- *Premium Starting from ₹1,039
- *Premium Starting from ₹1,102
- *Premium Starting from ₹1,066
- *Premium Starting from ₹1,030
- *Premium Starting from ₹1,067
Two Wheeler Insurance Add-ons
Comprehensive Bike Insurance
- Bajaj Allianz
- Future Generali
- Hdfc Ergo
- Icici Lombard
- Iffco Tokio
- New India
- Raheja Qbe
- Royal Sundaram
- Tata Aig
- United India
- Universal Sompo
Disclaimer: InsuranceDekho does not endorse, rate or recommend any particular insurance company or insurance plan.
Bike Insurance By Popular Bike Manufacturers
Find Right Bike Insurance Quotes by Bikes Body Type
Hero Splendor Plus Insurance PriceView Hero Splendor Plus Insurance Price
Honda SP 125 Insurance PriceView Honda SP 125 Insurance Price
Bajaj Pulsar 125 Insurance PriceView Bajaj Pulsar 125 Insurance Price
Bajaj Pulsar 150 Insurance PriceView Bajaj Pulsar 150 Insurance Price
Honda Shine Insurance PriceView Honda Shine Insurance Price
Hero HF Deluxe Insurance PriceView Hero HF Deluxe Insurance Price
Hero Super Splendor Insurance PriceView Hero Super Splendor Insurance Price
Honda Shine 100 Insurance PriceView Honda Shine 100 Insurance Price
Honda Activa 6G Insurance PriceView Honda Activa 6G Insurance Price
TVS NTORQ 125 Insurance PriceView TVS NTORQ 125 Insurance Price
Honda Dio Insurance PriceView Honda Dio Insurance Price
TVS Jupiter Insurance PriceView TVS Jupiter Insurance Price
Simple One Insurance PriceView Simple One Insurance Price
Suzuki Access 125 Insurance PriceView Suzuki Access 125 Insurance Price
Ather 450X Insurance PriceView Ather 450X Insurance Price
TVS iQube Electric Insurance PriceView TVS iQube Electric Insurance Price
Yamaha MT 15 V2 Insurance PriceView Yamaha MT 15 V2 Insurance Price
Yamaha R15 V4 Insurance PriceView Yamaha R15 V4 Insurance Price
TVS Raider Insurance PriceView TVS Raider Insurance Price
Bajaj Pulsar NS200 Insurance PriceView Bajaj Pulsar NS200 Insurance Price
TVS Apache RTR 160 Insurance PriceView TVS Apache RTR 160 Insurance Price
Kawasaki Ninja ZX-10R Insurance PriceView Kawasaki Ninja ZX-10R Insurance Price
Yamaha R15S Insurance PriceView Yamaha R15S Insurance Price
Bajaj Pulsar N160 Insurance PriceView Bajaj Pulsar N160 Insurance Price
Royal Enfield Hunter 350 Insurance PriceView Royal Enfield Hunter 350 Insurance Price
Royal Enfield Classic 350 Insurance PriceView Royal Enfield Classic 350 Insurance Price
Royal Enfield Bullet 350 Insurance PriceView Royal Enfield Bullet 350 Insurance Price
TVS Ronin Insurance PriceView TVS Ronin Insurance Price
Royal Enfield Meteor 350 Insurance PriceView Royal Enfield Meteor 350 Insurance Price
Royal Enfield Super Meteor 650 Insurance PriceView Royal Enfield Super Meteor 650 Insurance Price
Honda H'ness CB350 Insurance PriceView Honda H'ness CB350 Insurance Price
Benelli Leoncino 800 Insurance PriceView Benelli Leoncino 800 Insurance Price
Explore Two Wheeler Insurance
Learn about Comprehensive Two-Wheeler Insurance
Difference Between Comprehensive and Zero Depreciation Bike Insurance PolicyComprehensive Insurance + Zero Depreciation = 100% Peace of Mind. Enhance your understanding about Comprehensive Insurance Cover and Zero Dep.
4 Reasons You Should Buy A Comprehensive Bike Insurance PolicyThere are a host of reasons why a comprehensive bike insurance policy is advisable for you. Let’s read all about it.
Difference Between Zero Depreciation And Comprehensive Bike Insurance CoverThis article highlights the difference between a zero depreciation cover and a bike insurance cover.
Bike Insurance Companies Reviews & Ratings
With the help of this amazing premium calculator tool, I was able to know the right premium cost for my Reli...Read More
InsuarnceDekho has excellent customer care. My Reliance Bike Insurance Policy was about to expire and I got ...Read More
I am a biker and very often go on road trips. I always use to worry about good garages in other cities. But ...Read More
Earlier, I was a little apprehensive when I needed to file a claim against my Reliance Bike Insurance Policy...Read More
I am so glad that I opted for zero depreciation for my bike policy. After much reading, I bought the Relianc...Read More
Comprehensive Two Wheeler Insurance FAQs
What is comprehensive bike insurance?
A comprehensive bike insurance policy is a complete insurance plan which provides insurance coverage for third party liabilities as well as own-damages incurred by your bike. The third party liabilities include bodily injuries, permanent/temporary disability, partial/total disability and death of third party and property damage of up to Rs. 1 lakh caused by an accident involving the insured’s bike. A comprehensive bike insurance coverage plan provides compensation for own-damages incurred by the insured’s bike in a road accident, natural calamity, fire, explosion, riots strikes, or any other mishap in accordance with the Insured Declared Value (IDV) of the bike. The coverage of a comprehensive bike insurance plan can be further extended with the help of bike insurance add-ons such as zero depreciation cover, road assistance cover, engine protect cover, etc.
What is the difference between comprehensive and third party bike insurance?
A third party bike insurance cover is the most basic insurance plan that provides insurance coverage against third party liabilities such as bodily injuries, disability, death and property damage (of up to Rs. 1 lakh) of third party caused due to an accident caused by the insured’s bike. Whereas a comprehensive bike insurance plan is an extensive cover which provides for own-damages incurred by the insured’s bike in addition to the third party liabilities.
Can I convert 3rd party bike insurance into comprehensive?
No, you cannot convert a third party bike insurance plan into a comprehensive cover. But you can buy a standalone own-damage bike insurance cover, either from the same insurance company or a different insurance company, and get your bike covered against own-damages.
Which company is better for comprehensive bike insurance renewal?
There are 25 general insurance companies which offer renewal of bike insurance policies. The best insurance company varies from individual to individual depending on factors like availability of online/offline renewal process, ease of renewal, renewal time, etc. You can get your policy renewed in just 2 minutes at InsuranceDekho.
Is it compulsory to have comprehensive insurance for a new bike?
No, it is not necessary for either a new or an old bike to have a comprehensive bike insurance policy. However, at least a third party bike insurance is a compulsory requirement for all bikes as per Indian Motor Tariff. Also, a new bike is compulsorily required to have a 5-year third party bike insurance policy. Riding a bike without a minimum of a valid third party bike insurance plan is a punishable offence which is punishable with a fine of Rs. 2,000 and/or jail term of up to 3 months.
Bike Insurance News
Process to Register New Bike
Read on to understand the process to get a bike registered.07 April 2023
Amma Two Wheeler Insurance Scheme
Read on to know all about the Amma Two Wheeler Insurance Sch...03 April 2023
Vintage Bike Insurance in India: All You Need to K...
Learn about the meaning, importance, and how to purchase vi...31 March 2023
Traffic Rules to Follow in Bangalore
Find out about the traffic rules and fines in Bangalore.22 March 2023
All You Need To Know About Off-Road Biking
Find out the meaning and factors that you should keep in min...13 March 2023