Comprehensive Two-Wheeler Insurance
A comprehensive two-wheeler insurance policy offers protection to the insured against any third party liabilities i.e. third party property or third party person along with own damage to the vehicle. It offers protection to the vehicle against any natural disasters, accident, theft, man-made calamities and other similar incidents. It also offers the policyholder with a personal accident cover if they sustain any kind of bodily injuries at the time of riding the two-wheeler.
- Save upto 75%*Lowest Bike Premiums
- 45 Lakh+Happy Customers
- Claim Support7 days a week
*TP price for less than 75cc two wheeler. All savings/offers are provided by the Insurers which are subject to modification. Terms and conditions apply
What Is Comprehensive Bike Insurance?
Comprehensive two-wheeler insurance is a package that offers insurance coverage for the loss/damage incurred by the insured’s two-wheeler as well as for third-party liabilities. It is an all-inclusive two wheeler insurance plan.
Policyholders can customise and enhance the coverage offered by a comprehensive policy with the help of a number of add-ons covers such as Zero Depreciation Cover, Roadside Assistance Cover, NCB Cover, Bi-fuel Kit Cover etc.
What Is Covered Under Comprehensive Two-wheeler Insurance Policy?
Get a comprehensive two-wheeler insurance quote online today. Don't forget to explore the following advantages of buying a comprehensive two-wheeler insurance policy.
- Damage or Loss Due to Natural Calamity: Any damage or loss occurring to the insured bike because of any natural calamity like typhoon, cyclone, flood, hurricane, storm, inundation, tempest, hailstorm, landslide etc will be covered under a comprehensive two-wheeler insurance plan.
- Damage or Loss Due to Manmade Calamity: Any damage or loss occurring to the insured bike because of any man-made calamity like a riot, any malicious act, terrorist activity, strike, damage caused during transit by rail, inland waterway, road, lift, air, water etc will be covered under a comprehensive two-wheeler insurance plan.
- Own Damage Cover: With the help of this cover, the insured vehicle is offered protection against any loss or damage caused to it because of any theft, natural calamity, man-made calamity, fire, explosion etc.
- Third-Party Liability: Any loss or damage suffered by a third party person or third party property due to an accident or mishap with insured vehicle is covered under the comprehensive insurance plan.
- Theft: In case, the insured motorbike gets stolen, coverage is offered to the insured vehicle.
- Explosion and Fire: Under a comprehensive insurance plan, coverage is offered for any loss or damage caused because of self-ignition, fire, or an explosion.
What All Is Not Covered Under A Comprehensive Two-wheeler Insurance?
The following are not covered under a comprehensive two-wheeler insurance plan:
- Depreciation/wear and tear of the vehicle.
- Mechanical or electrical breakdown of the insured vehicle.
- Illegal practices such as when the vehicle was being driven without a valid driving licence.
- The accident occurred when the driver was under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- Any loss or damage due to mutiny war, or nuclear attacks and other events that are beyond compensation.
Comprehensive Bike Insurance Vs Third Party Bike Insurance
Comprehensive Two-wheeler Insurance
Third Party Two-wheeler Insurance
A comprehensive two-wheeler insurance policy offers coverage for own damage as well as third-party liabilities - bodily injuries/death and property damage caused by the insured’s vehicle.
The third-party two-wheeler insurance policy offers coverage only for third-party liabilities - injury/death/property damage of the third party caused by the insured’s vehicle.
Two Wheeler Insurance Add-ons such as Zero Depreciation Cover, Roadside assistance Cover, Consumables Cover, etc. can be opted for with this policy against an extra premium.
Add-on covers cannot be opted for with this policy.
Nature of requirement
It is an optional but recommended policy.
It is mandatory to have at least a third-party insurance cover as per Indian Motor Tariff.
It is comparatively costlier because it offers extensive coverage.
It is comparatively cost-effective because it offers narrow coverage.
Disclaimer: This article is issued in the general public interest and meant for general information purposes only. Readers are advised not to rely on the contents of the article as conclusive in nature and should research further or consult an expert in this regard.
Calculate Your Bike Insurance
What are the Benefits of Buying a Comprehensive Bike Insurance Plan?
Getting your bike insured under an all encompassing, comprehensive bike insurance plan can give you the peace of mind and help you in staying worry free from protecting your bike, rider’s safety, any liabilities that can incur the damage or loss of third party be it third party property or person. Some of the benefits of buying a comprehensive bike insurance plan in India are as follows:
- A comprehensive bike insurance plan offers compensation to the policyholder for any expenses incurred by he/she towards the repair of insured bikes.
- It offers coverage against loss or damage incurred because of any natural calamities such as tsunami, earthquake, flood, hurricane, etc.
- It offers protection to the insured bike against any damage or loss caused because of manmade activities like burglary, theft, riots, etc.
- This insurance plan also offers coverage to the rider for any kind of personal injuries incurred due to an accident at the time of riding the bike. Moreover, it is not important for the rider to be the policyholder. If the rider is holding a valid driving license, then the insurance provider would offer compensation for medical assistance.
- Under a comprehensive bike insurance plan, a policyholder not only receives compensation for medical treatment of the rider incurred due to an accident but it also provides financial assistance for complete or partial physical disability of the rider. Also, it offers a death benefit in the event of death of the rider.
- Other than the above benefits, a comprehensive bike insurance plan also offers coverage against any legal liabilities incurred towards any third party during any mishap or accident. This plan offers coverage towards both vehicle loss, property damage, death, physical injuries to the third party caused due to the fault of insured vehicle.
Significance Of IDV While Selecting The Bike Insurance Policy
IDV stands for Insured Declared Value. It is the maximum amount that your insurance company would be providing you, in case your two-wheeler gets stolen or gets completely damaged. Premiums are an important aspect to be considered while choosing a bike insurance policy but do not forget to check the Insured declared value of your bike prior to buying an insurance policy. Also, it is highly recommended to select a higher IDV as at the time of complete loss of your two-wheeler, a high IDV would mean a higher reimbursement amount.
What Add-ons Can You Buy with Comprehensive Bike Insurance?
The add-ons covers are designed to enhance the coverage of an insurance policy. They offer flexibility to insurance plans by allowing its policyholders to select and pick a cover to boost coverage and different aspects of a plan based on their suitability. Below given are some of the add-on covers which can be included in a comprehensive bike insurance cover:
- Passenger Cover
- Consumables Cover
- Engine Protector Cover
- Return to Invoice Cover
- Zero Depreciation Cover
- Roadside Assistance Cover
- No Claim Bonus Protect Cover
What Is NCB in Comprehensive Bike Insurance?
The premium for comprehensive bike insurance plans is higher than of third party bike insurance plans as the former offers coverage to a third party as well as own-damage expenses which contributes to wider coverage, while the latter compensates the only third party expenses. Besides, the No Claim Bonus or NCB benefit is only offered on the own-damage insurance cover within the policy.
The No Claim Bonus is a reward which is provided by the bike insurance companies to the policyholder for a claim-free year. This benefit is cumulative in nature which could go up to 50% with every successive claim-free year. Here is the chart that explains the calculation of the No Claim Bonus (NCB):
Number of Claim Free Years
Reasons to Buy A Comprehensive Bike Insurance Policy Online?
When it comes to purchasing a bike insurance plan, you can buy it either offline or online. However, in today’s scenario, buying a policy online is more beneficial for policyholders due to which every insurance company is making its plans available online. Here are some significant facts that you should consider before purchasing two-wheeler insurance online:
- Quick Policy Issuance – The online purchase of a bike insurance policy could make you get the policy documents in your mailbox within a few seconds due to quick policy issuance by the insurers.
- No Additional Charges – By purchasing a bike insurance plan online, you save yourself from paying any additional charges to agents, which makes the purchase process economical.
- Easy Purchase Process - You will not be required to provide previous bike insurance policy details to your insurance company if your policy has been expired for more than 90 days.
- Paperless Procedures - You can get benefits related to a bike insurance plan without getting into tedious paperwork with paperless procedures through an online facility.
- Easy Renewal of Policy - You can easily renew your expired bike insurance policy online by making the payment online through the website of your insurance company.
- Claim Settlement Assistance – With the online purchase, you can get assistance while making a claim for your bike or two-wheeler for its settlement.
- Anytime Online Support – The online support is always available on the website of the insurer or insurance platforms to help you with any insurance-related query through chatbox, email, etc.
How to Buy A Comprehensive Bike Insurance Policy?
To buy a comprehensive bike insurance plan is quite and you just have to follow the below-given steps to purchase a comprehensive bike insurance policy online:
Step 1: Visit the official website of InsuranceDekho
Step 2: In the ‘Get Your Quote’ section provide your bike registration number or other details such as its make, model, variant, year of registration and so on, and then select ‘proceed’.
Step 3: Enter your personal details, i.e., your name and your mobile number after which various policy quotes for comprehensive bike insurance policies will be displayed on your screen.
Step 4: Compare the bike insurance policy quotes and select a plan which suits your needs and budget the most.
Step 5: Make the payment for the insurance policy of your choice. After the payment, the policy document will be sent to your registered email ID.
Bike Insurance for Popular Bike Models
Two Wheeler Insurance Add-ons
Comprehensive Bike Insurance
- Bajaj Allianz
- Bharti Axa
- Future Generali
- Hdfc Ergo
- Icici Lombard
- Iffco Tokio
- New India
- Raheja Qbe
- Royal Sundaram
- Tata Aig
- United India
- Universal Sompo
Disclaimer: InsuranceDekho does not endorse, rate or recommend any particular insurance company or insurance plan.
Find Right Bike Insurance Quotes by Bikes Body Type
- View TVS Apache RTR 160 Insurance Quotes
- View Hero Splendor Plus Insurance Quotes
- View TVS Star City Plus Insurance Quotes
- View TVS Radeon Insurance Quotes
- View Bajaj Pulsar 125 Neon Insurance Quotes
- View Hero HF Deluxe Insurance Quotes
- View Honda SP 125 Insurance Quotes
- View Honda Shine Insurance Quotes
- View TVS Jupiter Insurance Quotes
- View TVS Jupiter 125 Insurance Quotes
- View TVS Scooty Pep Plus Insurance Quotes
- View TVS Scooty Zest Insurance Quotes
- View TVS XL100 Insurance Quotes
- View TVS NTORQ 125 Insurance Quotes
- View TVS iQube Electric Insurance Quotes
- View Honda Activa 6G Insurance Quotes
- View Yamaha MT-15 Version 2.0 Insurance Quotes
- View Yamaha YZF R15 V3 Insurance Quotes
- View TVS Apache RR 310 Insurance Quotes
- View Bajaj Pulsar N160 Insurance Quotes
- View Yamaha R15 V4 Insurance Quotes
- View Bajaj Pulsar NS200 Insurance Quotes
- View Bajaj Pulsar RS200 Insurance Quotes
- View Yamaha FZS-FI V3 Insurance Quotes
- View Honda H'ness CB350 Insurance Quotes
- View Yezdi Roadster Insurance Quotes
- View Jawa Perak Insurance Quotes
- View Jawa 42 Insurance Quotes
- View Bajaj Avenger Cruise 220 Insurance Quotes
- View Honda CB350RS Insurance Quotes
- View Bajaj Avenger Street 160 Insurance Quotes
- View Harley Davidson Fat Bob 114 Insurance Quotes
Explore Two Wheeler Insurance
Learn about Comprehensive Two-Wheeler Insurance
- Comprehensive Insurance + Zero Depreciation = 100% Peace of Mind. Enhance your understanding about Comprehensive Insurance Cover and Zero Dep.
- There are a host of reasons why a comprehensive bike insurance policy is advisable for you. Let’s read all about it.
- This article highlights the difference between a zero depreciation cover and a bike insurance cover.
Bike Insurance Companies Reviews & Ratings
Comprehensive Two Wheeler Insurance FAQs
What is comprehensive bike insurance?
A comprehensive bike insurance policy is a complete insurance plan which provides insurance coverage for third party liabilities as well as own-damages incurred by your bike. The third party liabilities include bodily injuries, permanent/temporary disability, partial/total disability and death of third party and property damage of up to Rs. 1 lakh caused by an accident involving the insured’s bike. A comprehensive bike insurance coverage plan provides compensation for own-damages incurred by the insured’s bike in a road accident, natural calamity, fire, explosion, riots strikes, or any other mishap in accordance with the Insured Declared Value (IDV) of the bike. The coverage of a comprehensive bike insurance plan can be further extended with the help of bike insurance add-ons such as zero depreciation cover, road assistance cover, engine protect cover, etc.
What is the difference between comprehensive and third party bike insurance?
A third party bike insurance cover is the most basic insurance plan that provides insurance coverage against third party liabilities such as bodily injuries, disability, death and property damage (of up to Rs. 1 lakh) of third party caused due to an accident caused by the insured’s bike. Whereas a comprehensive bike insurance plan is an extensive cover which provides for own-damages incurred by the insured’s bike in addition to the third party liabilities.
Can I convert 3rd party bike insurance into comprehensive?
No, you cannot convert a third party bike insurance plan into a comprehensive cover. But you can buy a standalone own-damage bike insurance cover, either from the same insurance company or a different insurance company, and get your bike covered against own-damages.
Which company is better for comprehensive bike insurance renewal?
There are 25 general insurance companies which offer renewal of bike insurance policies. The best insurance company varies from individual to individual depending on factors like availability of online/offline renewal process, ease of renewal, renewal time, etc. You can get your policy renewed in just 2 minutes at InsuranceDekho.
Is it compulsory to have comprehensive insurance for a new bike?
No, it is not necessary for either a new or an old bike to have a comprehensive bike insurance policy. However, at least a third party bike insurance is a compulsory requirement for all bikes as per Indian Motor Tariff. Also, a new bike is compulsorily required to have a 5-year third party bike insurance policy. Riding a bike without a minimum of a valid third party bike insurance plan is a punishable offence which is punishable with a fine of Rs. 2,000 and/or jail term of up to 3 months.
What is the difference between a comprehensive bike insurance plan and a zero depreciation bike insurance?
A comprehensive bike insurance is a type of bike insurance plan whereas a zero depreciation cover is a bike insurance add-on. Like any other add-on cover, a zero depreciation cover can be opted with comprehensive bike insurance plans and standalone own-damage bike insurance plans. A zero depreciation cover insures your bike against the depreciation charges incurred by it.
Which insurance is best for a bike comprehensive or third party bike insurance plan?
The best insurance company changes from policyholder to policyholder depending on their requirements such as type of plan, add-on covers, customer support service, etc. However, one reliable parameter to compare different insurance companies for bike insurance plans is the Claim Settlement Ratio (CSR) registered by them. Claim Settlement Ratio is the percentage of claims settled by a car insurance company out of the total number of claims received by it during a financial year. The higher the claim settlement ratio, the better it is. In the financial year 2018-19, IFFCO Tokio General Insurance (96.44%), Royal Sundaram General Insurance (94.07%) and The Oriental Insurance (93.16%) registered the highest Claim Settlement Ratio for motor claims as per IBAI’s General Insurance Claim Insights Handbook For Policyholders.
Bike Insurance News
- Things To Remember In The Event Of A Two-Wheeler A...
Learn about the various ways you may safeguard yourself agai...04 July 2022
- What is the difference between a multi-year and a ...
What is the difference between a multi-year and a one-year b...04 July 2022
- Factors To Consider When Buying An Electronic Two-...
Read this article to learn why getting e-bike insurance from...03 July 2022
- How To Get A Cheap Two-Wheeler Insurance Policy?
Learn how to get a cheap two-wheeler insurance policy here.02 July 2022
- 10 Things to Think About Before Buying a Used Bike
Due to the abundance of good-condition two-wheelers, many in...01 July 2022
- How Can You Check Your Bike Insurance Policy's Exp...
Perhaps you're looking for a step-by-step guide on how to ch...14 May 2022
- Renewal Benefits for Two-Wheeler Insurance
Here are some of the benefits of renewing your bike insuranc...06 May 2022
- Learn Everything About Bike Registration Through R...
Read on to learn more about how to register your new bike an...19 May 2022
- Getting Two-Wheeler Insurance for Old Vehicles: A ...
Learn how to obtain two-wheeler insurance for vintage automo...07 May 2022
- Considering Two-Wheeler Insurance? Know About IRDA...
Consider Two-Wheeler Protection. Below are the IRDAI Rules f...05 May 2022