Tyre Protect Cover in Car Insurance
What is Tyre Protection Add-on Cover?
Tyre Protect Cover - Tyres are an important car component but take the most abuse. Apart from shouldering the entire weight of the vehicle and its occupants, tyres are subject to all the abuse of varied road surfaces. However, by default, a standard car insurance policy does not offer coverage for them. That is why it is advisable to opt for a tyre protection cover.
A Tyre protection cover is an add-on which can be bought by paying an additional premium with a standalone own-damage or a comprehensive car insurance policy. This car add-on cover provides coverage for the repair and replacement cost of tyres. It also provides insurance cover for accidental loss and damage/cut to the tyres. Tyre protection also covers labour charges incurred during repair or replacement of tyres.
What is Covered & Not Covered Under A Tyre Protection Add-on?
Following are covered under a tyre protection cover:
1. Cost of Replacing the Damaged Tyre with a New One
Damage to tyres can happen because of several reasons such as cracks, bulges, puncture, cuts, etc. During such times, replacement of tyres can act as the most feasible option. Therefore, it is advisable to go for a tyre protection cover along with a comprehensive car insurance plan in order to cover yourself against the replacement cost of the damaged tyre that can arise because of any of the above mentioned reasons.
2. Labour Charges toward Removing, Refitting and Rebalancing of the Tyre
Fitting or moving a tyre from one place to another can come to you as an additional expense appearing forwards as labour cost. Owning a tyre protection cover along with comprehensive car insurance plan will compensate the policyholder for the labour cost for removing, refitting and rebalancing the tyre.
3. Accidents or Misfortune
Incidental misfortune or harm to tire and cylinders which would thus make the tire ill-suited for use. This incorporates situations, for example, swell in tire, blasting of tire and harm/slice to the tire. Damage to the wheels of the car can appear as bulging, crushing, cutting or bursting. Therefore, it is recommended to insure the tyre alongside the car in order to get coverage for tyre damage cost because of an accident.
Following are not covered under a tyre protection cover:
- Cost of puncture and tyre repair.
- Damage arising due to a manufacturing defect or service provided by an unauthorized service centre.
- Expenses on routine maintenance like adjustment, balancing or alignment, etc.
- Damage emerging out of ill-advised capacity or transportation.
Who Should Take Tyre Protection Cover?
- People who travel on a daily basis from their car must make sure that their tyres are protected.
- Those who live in hilly areas should get this protection for their car.
- People who prefer outing in hilly areas and prefer to travel through their own vehicle must get so that any problems faced by the tyres are taken care of.
- Tyre repair cost arising because of taking part in any racing competition or rally is not covered.
- Tyre protection add-on cover does not cover the claim because of theft or vandalism or tube or tyre.
Find Right Car Insurance Quotes by Cars Body Type
- View Maruti Swift Insurance Quotes
- View Hyundai i20 Insurance Quotes
- View Maruti Baleno Insurance Quotes
- View Tata Altroz Insurance Quotes
- View Renault KWID Insurance Quotes
- View Maruti Wagon R Insurance Quotes
- View Maruti Dzire Insurance Quotes
- View Honda City 4th Generation Insurance Quotes
- View Hyundai Verna Insurance Quotes
- View Honda City Insurance Quotes
- View Hyundai Aura Insurance Quotes
- View Honda Amaze Insurance Quotes
- View Hyundai Alcazar Insurance Quotes
- View Mahindra Thar Insurance Quotes
- View Kia Seltos Insurance Quotes
- View Hyundai Creta Insurance Quotes
- View Kia Sonet Insurance Quotes
- View Mahindra Scorpio Insurance Quotes
- View Maruti Ertiga Insurance Quotes
- View Toyota Innova Crysta Insurance Quotes
- View Renault Triber Insurance Quotes
- View Maruti XL6 Insurance Quotes
- View Maruti Eeco Insurance Quotes
- View Toyota Vellfire Insurance Quotes
Car Insurance Add-ons
Car Insurance Companies Reviews & Ratings
Tyre Protect Cover in Car Insurance FAQ
Is the loss incurred due to theft of tyre covered under tyre protection cover?
Generally, a tyre protection add-on cover does not provide coverage for theft of tyre.
If at the time of claim, I want to upgrade the tyre will that be covered?
The insurance company will allow the replacement of the tyre with the same make and specification. If the same make and specification are not available then the company will pay up to the payable limit only.
Can I opt for tyre protection cover with my third party car insurance policy?
No, a tyre protection cover cannot be opted for with a third party car insurance policy. It can be clubbed only with standalone own-damage and comprehensive car insurance plans.
Are labour charges incurred during tyre replacement covered under tyre protection cover?
Yes, labour charges incurred during tyre replacement are covered under tyre protection cover.
Can I opt for a tyre protection cover at the time of renewal of my comprehensive car insurance plan?
Yes, you can opt for a tyre protection cover at the time of renewal of your comprehensive car insurance plan.
Car Insurance News
- Why Should You Opt For Universal Sompo Car Insuran...
Universal Sompo is a leading firm that provides affordable a...22 June 2021
- Parameters To Consider While Purchasing Car Insura...
This article will provide you with the top 6 key points that...22 June 2021
- Significant Features And Benefits of SBI Car Insur...
Read this article to find out significant features and benef...21 June 2021
- How To Renew Oriental Car Insurance Plans?
Read this article to get simple steps to renew your car insu...21 June 2021
- Types of Car Insurance Policies Offered By Nationa...
Read this article to explore policies offered by National In...20 June 2021
- How To Apply For Driving License In India?
Want to apply for driving license? Read more to know about h...04 May 2021
- Everything About Loss Of Personal Belongings Add-O...
Read more to know everything about loss of personal belongin...03 May 2021
- 5 Best Car Insurance Companies In India In 2021
This article consists of top 5 car insurance companies in In...31 May 2021
- Difference Between Private and Commercial Car Insu...
Read along to know the difference between private and commer...09 May 2021
- Guide To Clear Misconceptions About Car Insurance
Here is the guide to clear misconceptions about car insuranc...29 April 2021