Tyre Protect Cover in Car Insurance
A tyre protection cover is a car insurance add-on cover that gives coverage for the repair and replacement cost of tyres. This add-on cover provides insurance cover for accidental loss and damage or cuts to the tyres in addition to the labour charges incurred during the repair or replacement of tyres. It can be bought by paying an extra premium for a standalone own-damage or a comprehensive car insurance policy.
- Save upto 75%*Lowest Car Premiums
- 45 Lakh+Happy Customers
- Claim Support7 days a week
*TP price for less than 1000cc four wheeler. All savings/offers are provided by the Insurers which are subject to modification. Terms and conditions apply
Calculate Your Car Insurance
What is Tyre Protection Add-on Cover?
Tyre Protect Cover - Tyres are an important car component but take the most abuse. Apart from shouldering the entire weight of the vehicle and its occupants, tyres are subject to all the abuse of varied road surfaces. However, by default, a standard car insurance policy does not offer coverage for them. That is why it is advisable to opt for a tyre protection cover.
A Tyre protection cover is an add-on which can be bought by paying an additional premium with a standalone own-damage or a comprehensive car insurance policy. This car add-on cover provides coverage for the repair and replacement cost of tyres. It also provides insurance cover for accidental loss and damage/cut to the tyres. Tyre protection also covers labour charges incurred during the repair or replacement of tyres.
What is Covered & Not Covered Under A Tyre Protection Add-on?
Following are covered under a tyre protection cover:
1. Cost of Replacing the Damaged Tyre with a New One
Damage to tyres can happen because of several reasons such as cracks, bulges, puncture, cuts, etc. During such times, the replacement of tyres can act as the most feasible option. Therefore, it is advisable to go for a tyre protection cover along with a comprehensive car insurance plan in order to cover yourself against the replacement cost of the damaged tyre that can arise because of any of the above-mentioned reasons.
2. Labour Charges toward Removing, Refitting and Rebalancing of the Tyre
Fitting or moving a tyre from one place to another can come to you as an additional expense appearing forwards as labour cost. Owning a tyre protection cover along with a comprehensive car insurance plan will compensate the policyholder for the labour cost for removing, refitting and rebalancing the tyre.
3. Accidents or Misfortune
Incidental misfortune or harm to tire and cylinders which would thus make the tire ill-suited for use. This incorporates situations, for example, swell in tire, blasting of tire and harm/slice to the tire. Damage to the wheels of the car can appear as bulging, crushing, cutting or bursting. Therefore, it is recommended to insure the tyre alongside the car in order to get coverage for tyre damage cost because of an accident.
Following are not covered under a tyre protection cover:
- Cost of puncture and tyre repair.
- Damage arising due to a manufacturing defect or service provided by an unauthorized service centre.
- Expenses on routine maintenance like adjustment, balancing or alignment, etc.
- Damage emerging out of ill-advised capacity or transportation.
Who Should Take Tyre Protection Cover?
- People who travel on a daily basis from their car must make sure that their tyres are protected.
- Those who live in hilly areas should get this protection for their car.
- People who prefer outing in hilly areas and prefer to travel through their own vehicle must get so that any problems faced by the tyres are taken care of.
- Tyre repair cost arising because of taking part in any racing competition or rally is not covered.
- Tyre protection add-on cover does not cover the claim because of theft or vandalism or tube or tyre.
Car Insurance for Popular Car Models
Car Insurance Add on Covers
- Bajaj Allianz
- Bharti Axa
- Future Generali
- Hdfc Ergo
- Icici Lombard
- Iffco Tokio
- New India
- Raheja Qbe
- Royal Sundaram
- Tata Aig
- United India
- Universal Sompo
Disclaimer: InsuranceDekho does not endorse, rate or recommend any particular insurance company or insurance plan.
Find Right Car Insurance Quotes by Cars Body Type
- View Renault KWID Insurance Quotes
- View Maruti Swift Insurance Quotes
- View Maruti Baleno Insurance Quotes
- View Hyundai i20 Insurance Quotes
- View Tata Tiago Insurance Quotes
- View Maruti Wagon R Insurance Quotes
- View Maruti Dzire Insurance Quotes
- View Honda City 4th Generation Insurance Quotes
- View Hyundai Verna Insurance Quotes
- View Honda City Insurance Quotes
- View Volkswagen Virtus Insurance Quotes
- View Tata Tigor Insurance Quotes
- View Renault Kiger Insurance Quotes
- View Mahindra Scorpio Insurance Quotes
- View Maruti Brezza Insurance Quotes
- View Mahindra Thar Insurance Quotes
- View Mahindra XUV700 Insurance Quotes
- View Hyundai Venue Insurance Quotes
- View Renault Triber Insurance Quotes
- View Maruti Ertiga Insurance Quotes
- View Toyota Innova Crysta Insurance Quotes
- View Maruti XL6 Insurance Quotes
- View Toyota Vellfire Insurance Quotes
- View Mahindra Marazzo Insurance Quotes
Car Insurance Add-ons
Car Insurance Companies Reviews & Ratings
Tyre Protect Cover in Car Insurance FAQ
Is the loss incurred due to theft of tyre covered under tyre protection cover?
Generally, a tyre protection add-on cover does not provide coverage for theft of tyre.
If at the time of claim, I want to upgrade the tyre will that be covered?
The insurance company will allow the replacement of the tyre with the same make and specification. If the same make and specification are not available then the company will pay up to the payable limit only.
Can I opt for tyre protection cover with my third party car insurance policy?
No, a tyre protection cover cannot be opted for with a third party car insurance policy. It can be clubbed only with standalone own-damage and comprehensive car insurance plans.
Are labour charges incurred during tyre replacement covered under tyre protection cover?
Yes, labour charges incurred during tyre replacement are covered under tyre protection cover.
Can I opt for a tyre protection cover at the time of renewal of my comprehensive car insurance plan?
Yes, you can opt for a tyre protection cover at the time of renewal of your comprehensive car insurance plan.
Car Insurance News
- When buying a Tata AIG car insurance policy, avoid...
Car insurance is not difficult to obtain. You should get aut...05 July 2022
- You'll find everything you need to know about vehi...
Do you want to keep your auto insurance coverage with you at...05 July 2022
- What You Should Know About the PUC Certificate on ...
Every automobile owner in India should have a PUC (Pollution...04 July 2022
- Is insurance required to test drive a vehicle?
This article will help you understand why you need to ensure...04 July 2022
- Why Will Insurance For Electric Vehicles Be More E...
Learn why insurance for electric vehicles will be more expen...03 July 2022
- How Do I Get an Online Car Pollution Certificate?
The Pollution Under Control Certificate, or PUC certificate,...16 May 2022
- 10 Ways To Save Money On Car Insurance
Let’s discuss some tricks on how to get the best deal on you...06 May 2022
- What is a Cashless Car Insurance Policy, And How D...
The cashless auto insurance function is quite helpful in the...14 May 2022
- Suggestions for Increasing Bike Fuel Efficiency
Check out the 10 tried-and-true tips below if you've ever wo...13 May 2022
- What You Should Know About Total Loss Car Insuranc...
"Total loss" in car insurance is one such word that might be...09 May 2022