Tyre Protect Cover in Car Insurance
A tyre protection cover is a car insurance add-on cover that gives coverage for the repair and replacement cost of tyres. This add-on cover provides insurance cover for accidental loss and damage or cuts to the tyres in addition to the labour charges incurred during the repair or replacement of tyres. It can be bought by paying an extra premium for a standalone own-damage or a comprehensive car insurance policy.
- Save upto 75%*Lowest Car Premiums
- 45 Lakh+Happy Customers
- Claim Support7 days a week
*TP price for less than 1000cc four wheeler. All savings/offers are provided by the Insurers which are subject to modification. Terms and conditions apply
Calculate Your Car Insurance
What is Tyre Protection Add-on Cover?
Tyre Protect Cover - Tyres are an important car component but take the most abuse. Apart from shouldering the entire weight of the vehicle and its occupants, tyres are subject to all the abuse of varied road surfaces. However, by default, a standard car insurance policy does not offer coverage for them. That is why it is advisable to opt for a tyre protection cover.
A Tyre protection cover is an add-on which can be bought by paying an additional premium with a standalone own-damage or a comprehensive car insurance policy. This car add-on cover provides coverage for the repair and replacement cost of tyres. It also provides insurance cover for accidental loss and damage/cut to the tyres. Tyre protection also covers labour charges incurred during the repair or replacement of tyres.
What is Covered & Not Covered Under A Tyre Protection Add-on?
Following are covered under a tyre protection cover:
1. Cost of Replacing the Damaged Tyre with a New One
Damage to tyres can happen because of several reasons such as cracks, bulges, puncture, cuts, etc. During such times, the replacement of tyres can act as the most feasible option. Therefore, it is advisable to go for a tyre protection cover along with a comprehensive car insurance plan in order to cover yourself against the replacement cost of the damaged tyre that can arise because of any of the above-mentioned reasons.
2. Labour Charges toward Removing, Refitting and Rebalancing of the Tyre
Fitting or moving a tyre from one place to another can come to you as an additional expense appearing forwards as labour cost. Owning a tyre protection cover along with a comprehensive car insurance plan will compensate the policyholder for the labour cost for removing, refitting and rebalancing the tyre.
3. Accidents or Misfortune
Incidental misfortune or harm to tire and cylinders which would thus make the tire ill-suited for use. This incorporates situations, for example, swell in tire, blasting of tire and harm/slice to the tire. Damage to the wheels of the car can appear as bulging, crushing, cutting or bursting. Therefore, it is recommended to insure the tyre alongside the car in order to get coverage for tyre damage cost because of an accident.
Following are not covered under a tyre protection cover:
- Cost of puncture and tyre repair.
- Damage arising due to a manufacturing defect or service provided by an unauthorized service centre.
- Expenses on routine maintenance like adjustment, balancing or alignment, etc.
- Damage emerging out of ill-advised capacity or transportation.
Who Should Take Tyre Protection Cover?
- People who travel on a daily basis from their car must make sure that their tyres are protected.
- Those who live in hilly areas should get this protection for their car.
- People who prefer outing in hilly areas and prefer to travel through their own vehicle must get so that any problems faced by the tyres are taken care of.
- Tyre repair cost arising because of taking part in any racing competition or rally is not covered.
- Tyre protection add-on cover does not cover the claim because of theft or vandalism or tube or tyre.
Car Insurance for Popular Car Models
Car Insurance Add on Covers
- Bajaj Allianz
- Future Generali
- Hdfc Ergo
- Icici Lombard
- Iffco Tokio
- New India
- Raheja Qbe
- Royal Sundaram
- Tata Aig
- United India
- Universal Sompo
Disclaimer: InsuranceDekho does not endorse, rate or recommend any particular insurance company or insurance plan.
Find Right Car Insurance Quotes by Cars Body Type
- View Renault KWID Insurance Quotes
- View Maruti Swift Insurance Quotes
- View Maruti Baleno Insurance Quotes
- View Tata Tiago Insurance Quotes
- View Hyundai i20 Insurance Quotes
- View Maruti Alto K10 Insurance Quotes
- View Honda City 4th Generation Insurance Quotes
- View Maruti Dzire Insurance Quotes
- View Hyundai Verna Insurance Quotes
- View Rolls-Royce Phantom Insurance Quotes
- View Honda City Insurance Quotes
- View Tata Tigor Insurance Quotes
- View Renault Kiger Insurance Quotes
- View Mahindra Thar Insurance Quotes
- View Toyota Fortuner Insurance Quotes
- View Maruti Brezza Insurance Quotes
- View Tata Nexon Insurance Quotes
- View Mahindra XUV700 Insurance Quotes
- View Renault Triber Insurance Quotes
- View Toyota Innova Crysta Insurance Quotes
- View Maruti Ertiga Insurance Quotes
- View Maruti XL6 Insurance Quotes
- View Toyota Vellfire Insurance Quotes
- View Mahindra Marazzo Insurance Quotes
Car Insurance Add-ons
Car Insurance Companies Reviews & Ratings
Good support for policy renewal by Loknath. He patiently explained all the queries and pros and cons of each p...
Very good experience
Very very good... easy and well explained. All conditions are clear and well explained. Very good experience...
Tyre Protect Cover in Car Insurance FAQ
Is the loss incurred due to theft of tyre covered under tyre protection cover?
Generally, a tyre protection add-on cover does not provide coverage for theft of tyre.
If at the time of claim, I want to upgrade the tyre will that be covered?
The insurance company will allow the replacement of the tyre with the same make and specification. If the same make and specification are not available then the company will pay up to the payable limit only.
Can I opt for tyre protection cover with my third party car insurance policy?
No, a tyre protection cover cannot be opted for with a third party car insurance policy. It can be clubbed only with standalone own-damage and comprehensive car insurance plans.
Are labour charges incurred during tyre replacement covered under tyre protection cover?
Yes, labour charges incurred during tyre replacement are covered under tyre protection cover.
Can I opt for a tyre protection cover at the time of renewal of my comprehensive car insurance plan?
Yes, you can opt for a tyre protection cover at the time of renewal of your comprehensive car insurance plan.
Car Insurance News
- IRDAI Fixes Latest Premiums For Third-party Bike A...
IRDAI has fixed latest premium for both car and bike insuran...21 November 2022
- Is Tree Falling On Car Covered By Insurance?
Will you be compensated by your car insurance provider if a ...21 November 2022
- Do Sports Cars Cost Higher Insurance Premium?
Know more about sports car insurance having high premiums.18 November 2022
- Key Car Insurance Terms You Should Know About
According to the Motor Vehicles Act of 1988, it is mandatory...15 November 2022
- Is animal attack covered under car insurance?
Animals might be difficult to avoid since they can suddenly ...10 November 2022
- How To Check Car Insurance Expiry Date?
Checking the status and expiry date of your car insurance ca...30 September 2022
- Is Third Party Insurance Enough For Car?
There is a lot of confusion about whether the third party in...03 October 2022
- How To Claim Insurance For Car Accidents In India?
Claiming insurance for car accidents can be a little bit ove...28 September 2022
- Does The Colour Of Your Car Affect Your Insurance ...
Interestingly, the colour of your car will affect your insur...07 October 2022
- How To Check Car Insurance Validity Online?
You can find information such as the accident vehicle's hist...17 October 2022