Bike Insurance Quotes on Top Bike Models
The cost of a bike insurance policy is known as premium. The Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority (IRDAI) has fixed the premium for third party plans which vary depending upon the engine capacity of the bike. The premium amount for comprehensive bike insurance plans and for standalone own-damage bike insurance plans depend on a number of factors such as the coverage of the plan, make, model and variant, fuel type of the bike, RTO location etc.
How To Get Quotes For Bike Insurance?
You can get quotes for your bike insurance by following the steps given below:
- Visit InsuranceDekho and select the bike tab
- Enter your bike’s registration number. If you do not remember your bike number then click on “Don’t remember your bike number? Click Here”
- Then, click on ‘Get your quote’. Choose your bike’s brand, bike’s model, petrol variant, bike’s registration year, bike RTO city.
- Afterwards, enter your personal details such as name, mobile number, etc. Then, click on ‘Submit and Get Quotes’.
Tips To Get The Best Bike Insurance Quotes
While purchasing bike insurance, you can get the best quotes by considering the following tips:
- Make Use of The NCB
No claim bonus is the bonus that the insurance company offers to its customers if there hadn't been any claim made from their end for a long time. The NCB discount shows continuous growth and for every year when the claim is not made, there is an increase in discount. The NCB can go up to 50% in case if it remains claim free for 5 years in a row.
- Select Add on Covers Wisely
Additional benefits are also to increase the coverage of your bike insurance policy at the cost of an additional premium amount. So, select the add-on covers wisely and pick only those which are necessary for your bike. Examples of add-on covers include Zero depreciation, roadside assistance, return to invoice, Engine safe cover, key loss cover, etc.
- Compare Plans Prior To Purchasing The Policy
With different types of policies available in the market, it gets difficult for the policyholder to choose the best insurance policy. To avail the optimum policy with the best quotes, compare all the policies thoroughly prior to selecting one policy. You can easily do this from the comfort of your home by comparing the policies online at InsuranceDekho with complete guidance.
- Timely Renewal Of Bike Insurance Policy
Bike insurance is generally provided for 1-5 years post which it needs to be renewed. At times of delay in the timely renewal of your bike insurance policy, you are required to pay a premium along with a fine. Also, you won’t be able to compare and choose the best quote from a variety of policies. Additionally, if the bike insurance policy has expired, the premium at the time of renewal would be at a higher end. Therefore, it is significant to get your bike insurance policy renewed on time.
- Keep Up With An Excellent Driving Record
To maintain an excellent driving record, it is necessary that you should drive safely and indulge in lesser accidents. Moreover, with fewer accidents, there would be consequently lesser claims, thus resulting in a higher No Claim Bonus. Also, your bike insurance company would get to know that the policyholder is associated with low risk. Therefore, at the time of purchasing bike insurance both these factors would help you in reducing the premium amount in order to get the best quote.
What are the Benefits of Getting Bike Insurance Online?
The following are the benefits of purchasing your two-wheeler insurance online:
- Lower Cost: The cost of purchasing insurance online is lower as it allows insurance companies to cut down on the cost of paperwork and middlemen.
- Convenience: Purchasing your bike insurance online allows you to do it from the comfort of your home and at any time that is suitable for you.
- No Paperwork: The bike insurance that you purchase will come with no lengthy procedures and paperwork. You simply receive the insurance document on your email ID after the purchase.
- Policy Document is Easy to Retrieve: When you purchase insurance online it is extremely simple to get a duplicate copy of the insurance policy, unlike the traditional offline method.
- Endorsements are easily made: With insurance available for purchase online the changes to the documents can also be made on the insurance provider's website.
What to look for When Comparing Bike Insurance Quotes Online?
These are a few tips to help in your search for the best two-wheeler insurance for you:
- Premium Amount: The cost of insurance is an important aspect for each of us. Keep a price point in mind, however, do not simply go looking for the cheapest insurance policy you can find. The cheapest is usually not the best, look for an affordable yet effective insurance policy.
- Coverage: each policy varies in the coverage it provides. Some of them have in-built add-ons that may be useful for you.
- Customer Service Reviews: We require the customer service of the insurance company usually during moments of crisis. Hence, having an insurance provider that can respond promptly and efficiently at such times is essential. Make sure to read customer service reviews before selecting your insurance provider.
- Exclusions: Make sure to read the terms and conditions of the policy you choose and pay special attention to the exclusions mentioned in the document. They can make a huge difference in case of a mishap.
- Claim Settlement Ratio: This is a perfect tool for analysing the insurance provider and the ease of claim processing in case of a mishap.
What are the Pros and Cons of Purchasing Two-Wheeler Insurance Online?
Insurance documents can be accessed instantly
Basic knowledge of insurance required
Policies are cheaper
Computer knowledge required is required
Easy to compare policies
No agent to provide additional help to file for claims etc.
Bike Insurance Add-ons
Find Right Bike Insurance Quotes by Bikes Body Type
- View Hero Splendor Plus Insurance Quotes
- View TVS Apache RTR 160 Insurance Quotes
- View Hero HF Deluxe Insurance Quotes
- View Bajaj Pulsar 150 Insurance Quotes
- View Honda Shine Insurance Quotes
- View Bajaj Pulsar 125 Neon Insurance Quotes
- View Hero Passion Pro Insurance Quotes
- View Hero Super Splendor Insurance Quotes
- View TVS Jupiter Insurance Quotes
- View Honda Activa 6G Insurance Quotes
- View Honda Dio Insurance Quotes
- View Suzuki Access 125 Insurance Quotes
- View TVS XL100 Insurance Quotes
- View Ather 450X Insurance Quotes
- View TVS NTORQ 125 Insurance Quotes
- View Hero Pleasure Plus Insurance Quotes
- View Yamaha YZF R15 V3 Insurance Quotes
- View Bajaj Pulsar 220 F Insurance Quotes
- View Bajaj Pulsar NS200 Insurance Quotes
- View Yamaha FZS-FI V3 Insurance Quotes
- View KTM RC 200 Insurance Quotes
- View Bajaj Pulsar RS200 Insurance Quotes
- View TVS Apache RR 310 Insurance Quotes
- View Bajaj Pulsar NS 125 Insurance Quotes
- View Royal Enfield Classic 350 Insurance Quotes
- View Royal Enfield Bullet 350 Insurance Quotes
- View Royal Enfield Meteor 350 Insurance Quotes
- View Bajaj Avenger Cruise 220 Insurance Quotes
- View Honda Hness CB350 Insurance Quotes
- View Bajaj Avenger Street 160 Insurance Quotes
- View Jawa 42 Insurance Quotes
- View Jawa Perak Insurance Quotes
Explore Bike Insurance
Bike Insurance Premium FAQs
What does a bike insurance premium mean?
The bike insurance premium refers to the cost of the insurance plan purchased for a bike.
Is the premium for comprehensive bike insurance the same for all bikes?
No, the premium for comprehensive bike insurance is not the same for all bikes. The premium for a comprehensive plan varies on the basis of the MMV (make, model and variant) of the bike, its engine capacity, its age, the add-ons opted among other factors.
How can I lower the insurance premium for my bike?
You can lower the insurance premium for your bike by following the below-mentioned tips:
Always compare available insurance plans and then choose the one which best suits your requirements and budget. Avoid making claims for small expenses. This helps you keep your No Claim Bonus (NCB) discount intact. The NCB ranges from 20%-50% depending on the number of claim-free years. Always remember to transfer your NCB at the time of policy renewal.
How does the age of the bike affect the bike insurance premium?
The Insured Declared Value (IDV) offered by an insurance company for an old or aged bike is relatively less than that of a new bike. The age of a bike affects the IDV because of the depreciation (wear and tear )suffered by it over time. Thus, the premium amount for aged bikes is lower than that of brand new bikes.
What is the premium for bike insurance add-ons?
The premium for each bike insurance is different. Each bike insurance add-on such as a zero depreciation cover, engine cover, tyre cover, etc comes with a separate premium and helps you extend the coverage of your insurance plan. Bike insurance add-ons are available with standalone own-damage and comprehensive bike insurance plans.
How to compare bike insurance quotes at InsuranceDekho?
At InsuranceDekho, you can compare different bike insurance quotes easily and quickly. All the quotes which get displayed to you are customized according to the details shared by you. Thus, you can compare the quotes basis the available coverage and other features offered by the bike insurance plans.
For how much time the bike insurance policy quotes are considered valid?
Generally, the bike insurance policy quotes which are calculated at InsuranceDekho remain properly valid for approximately for a time of 10 days. There can be changes in them only if the rates of policy premium given by the insurers tend to alter or in case the bike's age gets a little bit change in it during a certain period.
How can I find the bike insurance policy quotes online at the website of InsuranceDekho?
Policyholders can get the best bike insurance plan quotes at the website of InsuranceDekho by following the simple steps:
Step 1: Visit the official website of InsuranceDekho and click on the ‘Bike’ tab.
Step 2: Fill up the registration number of your bike. In case, you are not having the registration number of your bike, kindly select the option which says ‘Don't know your bike number?’.
Step 3: After this, a pop-up option or window shall be displayed on the screen. Opt for the brand name of your bike, model and variant of your bike, bike's fuel type, its variant and registration year as well as registration city, RTO, etc.
Step 4: Fill up your personal details such as Name and Mobile Number. After this, hit the ‘Submit and Get Quotes’ button. Do try to confirm the expiry date of your last bike insurance plan and your last bike insurer's name.
Step 5: All bike insurance plan premium quotes offered by different insurance companies will be shown to you.
How can I get cheaper bike insurance plan quotes online?
You can get affordable bike insurance covers by totally comparing various insurance quotes. You can perform so by going to InsuranceDekho website and choosing the plan quote that perfectly suits all your needs.
Are bike insurance quotes free?
InsuranceDekho offers the service of comparing insurance premium quotes for your bike for free. However, you need to pay the premium at the time of buying a bike insurance plan.
Bike Insurance News
- What Is A PUC Certificate For A Bike?
This article will provide comprehensive information about th...17 May 2021
- Points To Keep In Mind Before Buying A Second-Hand...
This article provides you a few points that you can consider...17 May 2021
- Why Is It A Must To Use A Bike Insurance Premium C...
This article will provide you with information on what an in...16 May 2021
- Is A Personal Accident Mandatory For Bike Owners?
Read along to know if personal accident mandatory for bike o...15 May 2021
- Reduce Your Bike Insurance Premium By Avoiding Sma...
Read this article to understand how avoiding small claims wi...14 May 2021
- Frequently Asked Questions About Bike PUC Certific...
PUC test evaluates a vehicle's emissions and determines whet...23 March 2021
- Documents Required for Bike/Two-Wheeler Insurance ...
Read the article to know what all documents are required at ...26 March 2021
- How To Find the VIN, Chassis And Engine Number Of ...
Check this post to learn how to find the VIN, Chassis and en...22 March 2021
- How is Two-Wheeler Insurance Premium Calculated?
To calculate the overall cost of the insurance, you can use ...19 March 2021
- Main Features of Pollution Under Control Certifica...
The PUC test evaluates the emission of each vehicle and issu...18 March 2021