- Stronghold in rural India with presence in over 200 tier II & III towns and villages
- Pan India operation with a workforce of 18,300 people working in 1340 offices
- An impressive incurred claim settlement ratio of 91.72%
- Pioneer in vouchsafing complex insurance policies for corporate needs
United India Comprehensive Insurance
Car insurance is mandatory for every car owner in the country. Though a third-party cover is all that is required to cover for the legal liabilities of a third-party in an event of an accident, a comprehensive insurance does a lot better than that by providing wider coverage. It covers for third party, the insured (driver/owner) and even the vehicle. This means the insured person is free from any liability that may arise post an accident and would also be able to recover a good sum for the repair of the automobile.
But due to vast cover for the liabilities, comprehensive insurance plans are a bit expensive to buy and the premium is higher than what is paid for a third-party insurance cover. However, buying a comprehensive policy is highly recommended for complete peace of mind.
Benefits of United India Comprehensive Insurance
- United India Insurance Company offers a hassle-free claim process in case of theft, though the applicant would need to take care of initial requirements.
- In case of an accident, the insured would get reimbursement for the damaged vehicle (subject to the insurance plan).
- Comprehensive car insurance is applicable outside regular national boundaries. Bangladesh, Nepal, Bhutan, Maldives, Sri Lanka and Pakistan are included.
- By paying an additional premium of Rs. 500, you can extend the comprehensive policy coverage to six other countries - Bangladesh, Bhutan, Nepal, Pakistan, Srilanka and Maldives.
United India Comprehensive Insurance Claim Process
- Intimate the insurer
The insured needs to get in touch with the nearest UIIC office or branch. Following this, the insurance company will make a survey of the vehicle in question. Hence, if any grave accident has taken place, like fire, etc., the vehicle is to be kept at the accident spot itself.
- Seek medical help and lodge an FIR
The third- party needs to be rushed to the nearest hospital for medical attention. In the unfortunate case of victim’s death , contact the local police. An FIR of the accident is mandatory.
- Documentation and formalities
Submit the claim form and complete all formalities. A copy of FIR will be needed here.
- Surveying of the vehicle and accident spot
The insurance company will visit the spot and perform a final survey.
- Get a repair quote
The vehicle will then be taken to a garage for a repair quote and claim will be disbursed after completion of all formalities.
Explore United India Car Insurance
- Read More
- Read More
- Read More
United India Car Insurance User Reviews
- Most Helpful
207 United India Cashless Garages in India
United India Comprehensive Car Insurance FAQs
Can I file a claim if my car has caught fire and burnt completely in an accident?Yes, the Comprehensive insurance from UIIC covers for any damages sustained on the vehicle. The damaged car will be towed to a garage for a quote on expenses to get it repaired.
I have an occupant in the car at the time of the accident. Can I file a claim for the occupant?A comprehensive insurance covers for occupants in the vehicle too. In case there is an unnamed occupant who has sustained an injury in an accident, the insured can apply for his/her claim too.
Can I transfer the insurance if I transfer ownership of my vehicle to someone else?Yes, this is possible. However, the transfer of insurance needs to be done within 14 days from the actual date of transfer of ownership. Failing to do so, the transfer will not be possible.
Can I substitute my present insured car with another car?The insurance holder can substitute an insured car with another car. But the substitution of car may lead to changes in the premium amount since the insurance on two cars will not be the same. Following the change in the premium amount, the present model and make will be substituted.
If I lose both my limbs in an accident, how much claim can I file for?In case you have sustained a heavy injury like loss of both limbs, you will be entitled to 100% cover. However, in case of loss of one limb from an accident, there would be 50% cover of the amount.
Why to Buy Car Insurance Policy from InsuranceDekho?
- Instant policy# within 5 mins
- More than 11.5 Lac happy customers
- Claim Support available all 7 days of the week
Latest Car Insurance News
- Reasons Why You Need Car Insurance For Autonomous ...
Autonomous vehicles may get you excited with each new car be...17 August 2020
- Top Car Insurance Companies Providing Personal Acc...
On the basis of Health Insurance Claim settlement ratio, her...30 April 2020
- Cashless Car Insurance Policy Usefulness
What is cashless motor insurance all about? Let’s get into t...27 April 2020
- Types of Car Insurance Policies in India
Let’s explore about car insurance policy types in India. Aft...24 April 2020
- Return to Invoice Add-On Cover For Car Insurance
Explore return to invoice add-on cover in Car Insurance in ...23 April 2020
- Know What is NCB in Car Insurance Online India
All You Need To Know About No Claim Bonus On Car Insurance O...22 April 2020