- Save upto 75%*Lowest Car Premiums
- 11.5 Lakh+Happy Customers
- Claim Support7 days a week
*TP price for less than 1000cc four wheeler. All savings/offers are provided by the Insurers which are subject to modification. Terms and conditions apply
United India Comprehensive Insurance
Car insurance is mandatory for every car owner in the country. Though a third-party cover is all that is required to cover for the legal liabilities of a third-party in an event of an accident, a comprehensive insurance does a lot better than that by providing wider coverage. It covers for third party, the insured (driver/owner) and even the vehicle. This means the insured person is free from any liability that may arise post an accident and would also be able to recover a good sum for the repair of the automobile.
But due to vast cover for the liabilities, comprehensive insurance plans are a bit expensive to buy and the premium is higher than what is paid for a third-party insurance cover. However, buying a comprehensive policy is highly recommended for complete peace of mind.
Benefits of United India Comprehensive Insurance
- United India Insurance Company offers a hassle-free claim process in case of theft, though the applicant would need to take care of initial requirements.
- In case of an accident, the insured would get reimbursement for the damaged vehicle (subject to the insurance plan).
- Comprehensive car insurance is applicable outside regular national boundaries. Bangladesh, Nepal, Bhutan, Maldives, Sri Lanka and Pakistan are included.
- By paying an additional premium of Rs. 500, you can extend the comprehensive policy coverage to six other countries - Bangladesh, Bhutan, Nepal, Pakistan, Srilanka and Maldives.
United India Comprehensive Insurance Claim Process
- Intimate the insurer
The insured needs to get in touch with the nearest UIIC office or branch. Following this, the insurance company will make a survey of the vehicle in question. Hence, if any grave accident has taken place, like fire, etc., the vehicle is to be kept at the accident spot itself.
- Seek medical help and lodge an FIR
The third- party needs to be rushed to the nearest hospital for medical attention. In the unfortunate case of victim’s death , contact the local police. An FIR of the accident is mandatory.
- Documentation and formalities
Submit the claim form and complete all formalities. A copy of FIR will be needed here.
- Surveying of the vehicle and accident spot
The insurance company will visit the spot and perform a final survey.
- Get a repair quote
The vehicle will then be taken to a garage for a repair quote and claim will be disbursed after completion of all formalities.
Calculate Your Car Insurance
Explore United India Car Insurance
Must Read Articles before buying United India Car Insurance
- Read this article to know everything about Universal Sompo car insurance.
- Read this article to know how to claim car insurance after an accident from United India.
- Read this article to take a note of the things that you should consider while buying a United India car insurance plan.
- Read this article to understand how you can claim your car insurance from the United India Insurance company by following these easy steps.
- Read on to see our step by step guide on claiming car insurance, so that you may feel at ease in this regard in the aftermath of an accident.
United India Car Insurance User Reviews
- Most Helpful
- Cashless Garages
- Add On
Nice app and Excellent
Really very happy with the excellent site which is very easy to process with our requirements and very fast an...
Experience and information
Had a great experience and very imp information given us. all doubts are clear A big thanks to all for clear ...
Good experience and rates
Better offers, quick follow-up call to offer assistance. The deals were better than a few other online policy ...
EASY USE OF THE SYSTEM. PAYMENT ALSO GOT THROUGH VERY QUICKLY. WOULD RECOMMEND MY FRIENDS AND RELATIVES ABOUT ...
Thanks its easy to understand the steps of policy ,earlier we used to visit on offices for insurance and waste...
fast and secure
First time I took a car insurance policy through this site. It really fast and secure. Comparison option is al...
Good assistance in selecting the policy details and proper guidance. Comparison provided of the all the polic...
It was a breeze to get my son's car insurance renewed, from the comforts of my home. Payment options could be ...
Good work and support from the staff and executive staff Good work and support from the staff and executive st...
Very easy, convenient and fast. Using since past few years. Recommended for those who are looking forward for ...
207 United India Cashless Garages in India
United India Comprehensive Car Insurance FAQs
Can I file a claim if my car has caught fire and burnt completely in an accident?Yes, the Comprehensive insurance from UIIC covers for any damages sustained on the vehicle. The damaged car will be towed to a garage for a quote on expenses to get it repaired.
I have an occupant in the car at the time of the accident. Can I file a claim for the occupant?A comprehensive insurance covers for occupants in the vehicle too. In case there is an unnamed occupant who has sustained an injury in an accident, the insured can apply for his/her claim too.
Can I transfer the insurance if I transfer ownership of my vehicle to someone else?Yes, this is possible. However, the transfer of insurance needs to be done within 14 days from the actual date of transfer of ownership. Failing to do so, the transfer will not be possible.
Can I substitute my present insured car with another car?The insurance holder can substitute an insured car with another car. But the substitution of car may lead to changes in the premium amount since the insurance on two cars will not be the same. Following the change in the premium amount, the present model and make will be substituted.
If I lose both my limbs in an accident, how much claim can I file for?In case you have sustained a heavy injury like loss of both limbs, you will be entitled to 100% cover. However, in case of loss of one limb from an accident, there would be 50% cover of the amount.
Why to buy from InsuranceDekho?
- Instant policy # within 5 mins
- More than 45 Lac happy customers
- Claim Support available all 7 days of the week
Car Insurance News
- How To Claim Insurance For Car Accidents In India?
Claiming insurance for car accidents can be a little bit ove...28 September 2022
- What Is KP In Car Insurance?
Learn more about KP in car insurance.26 September 2022
- List of Top Car Insurance Companies In India
Your search for top car insurance companies ends here. This ...23 September 2022
- All You Need To Know About The Risks Covered By Th...
Here's everything you need to know about risks covered by co...21 September 2022
- Easy Steps For Renewing Expired Car Insurance Poli...
Here are a few tips to help you understand how to renew car ...19 September 2022
- Can I Claim Insurance For Car Scratches In India?
Know all about how to claim insurance for car scratches in I...19 August 2022
- Is It Mandatory To File An Fir Before Claiming For...
In case of any car accident, the major question is if an FIR...16 August 2022
- Which is Better: Acko Or Hdfc Ergo?
There are several types of car insurance plans available in...22 August 2022
- What Should You Know About Bharat Series License P...
In order to ease seamless vehicle transfers, the Transport M...02 August 2022
- Learn Everything You Can About Public EV Charging ...
Are you thinking of buying an electric vehicle? What you nee...01 August 2022