Which bike do you ride?
How to buy bike insurance online?
- Fill in your Bike Details
Just key in details about your bike like make, model, etc, to get top insurance quotes instantly
- Compare Quotes and Choose a Plan
Select from numerous quotes the one that suits your budget and needs the best
- Make Payment and sit back
Pay online and get your policy right away
Add-ons For Your Two-wheeler Insurance Policy
A zero depreciation add-on literally protects you against the depreciation of your two-wheeler’s value. With this cover, you can rest assure that you’ll be paid the entire claim amount without deducting the depreciation sum. It also covers rubber, plastic and fiber components.
- Personal Accident Cover
This insurance add-on cover provides protection against the risk of partial or complete disability and death. It provides you financial assistance in case of a serious injury or death of the rider following an accident.
- Invoice Protection
This add-on is of great benefit in case of total loss. With this cover, you can claim the total ex-showroom price of your bike, taxes and registration charges that you had initially paid
- Roadside Assistance
Stranded in a deserted place with no help to call for? A roadside assistance add-on provides you prompt repair services and much-needed assistance in such situations
Benefits of InsuranceDekho
- 5 Minutes Policy Issuance
Why spend hours and days in queues filling up the paperwork for your policy. The entire process from entering your car details to finalising your policy and getting it issued takes only 5 minutes on InsuranceDekho.
- Over 3 Lakh Policies Sold
A transparent and quick process, choice of numerous insurers, along with a dedicated team of experts make InsuranceDekho a trusted choice for many insurance buyers. More than 2 lakh happy customers are a testament to the same.
- Dedicated Support Team
Feel free to reach out to our dedicated team of experts, in case of any confusion. Be it buying your insurance policy, or support required incase of claim, our team of experts is at your service 7 days a week.
Find Right Quotes for Bikes by Body Type
- View TVS Wego Insurance Quotes →
- View Vespa Elegante Insurance Quotes →
- View Avon E Bike Insurance Quotes →
- View Avon E Plus Insurance Quotes →
- View TVS Jupiter Insurance Quotes →
- View TVS Scooty Zest Insurance Quotes →
- View Hero Electric Photon Insurance Quotes →
- View Lohia Oma Star Insurance Quotes →
- View Triumph Speed Triple Insurance Quotes →
- View Triumph Street Triple Insurance Quotes →
- View KTM RC 200 Insurance Quotes →
- View Bajaj Pulsar NS200 Insurance Quotes →
- View BMW K 1600 GTL Insurance Quotes →
- View Aprilia Tuono Insurance Quotes →
- View Bajaj Pulsar RS200 Insurance Quotes →
- View Bajaj Pulsar 220 F Insurance Quotes →
- View Royal Enfield Bullet 350 Insurance Quotes →
- View Triumph Bonneville T120 Insurance Quotes →
- View Harley Davidson Street 750 Insurance Quotes →
- View Harley Davidson CVO Limited Insurance Quotes →
- View Indian Roadmaster Insurance Quotes →
- View Indian Chief Insurance Quotes →
- View Indian Scout Insurance Quotes →
- View Royal Enfield Classic 350 Insurance Quotes →
- View Bajaj Pulsar 150 Insurance Quotes →
- View Hero Splendor Plus Insurance Quotes →
- View Hero Glamour Insurance Quotes →
- View Hero Super Splendor Insurance Quotes →
- View Benelli TNT 600i Insurance Quotes →
- View Bajaj CT 100 Insurance Quotes →
- View Hero Xtreme 200R Insurance Quotes →
- View Hero Passion Pro 110 Insurance Quotes →
Customer's Speak1949 Reviews
- Great experience. Content is clear and understandable. Easy to operatePRASANNAKUMAR GHAGAREHonda Unicorn, panvel22nd May, 2020
- It was very good service and great support from your team!THIPPE SWAMY S NHonda Activa 3G, Bangalore22nd May, 2020
- The ICICI Lombard General Insurance issued me a comprehensive insurance policy for my Bajaj Avenger Street 220 bike in just 5 minutes. I am very happy and overwhelmed with their prompt service.Raj Kumar SharmaIcici Lombard21st May, 2020
- With Insurance Dekho, I was able to renew my Liberty insurance policy for my TVS Star City Plus bike in just 2 steps. It hardly took a few minutes to get this process completed.Dipankar MishraLiberty21st May, 2020
- The services of Future Generali insurance policy are exceptional and have always been taking care of my Suzuki RM Z450 bike. The services are smooth and swift.Gaurav SinghalFuture Generali21st May, 2020
- At Kotak insurance, I was allowed to personalise different insurance services. With this benefit, I could easily insure my Yamaha YZF R15 V3 bike. I am quite satisfied with this option.KartikKotak21st May, 2020
- There are many repair garages available in the network of New India Assurance Company. It has helped me in getting my TVS Apache bike repaired at a nearby garage after meeting with an accident at an unknown location.Shashank New India21st May, 2020
- The website of DHFL is equipped with fresh and updated information about insurance. Its content has assisted me in making informed decisions to purchase an own-damage policy for my Royal Enfield Thunderbird 350X bike.Arvind TomarDhfl21st May, 2020
- The customer care team of Bharti AXA insurance is great and due to which I have never witnessed any problem in handling my insurance policy bought for my TVS Scooty Zest.Ankur BoseBharti Axa21st May, 2020
- With the Royal Sundaram Insurance Policy of my TVS Apache RTR 200 Fi E100 bike, I got a complete claim without any hassle. I am very happy and satisfied by getting the complete claim.Sukesh RanjanRoyal Sundaram21st May, 2020
What is Bike Insurance?
A bike insurance plan provides you financial cover in the event of an accident, theft, fire, flood, vandalism and other such scenarios. Accidents are unprecedented and vehicle repairs and treatment for injuries can be expensive. There is considerable risk of losing money if your bike is totalled or stolen as well. You may also be liable to pay for repair costs in case you damage someone else’s vehicle or, worse, cause injuries/fatalities during an accident.It is important to note that having a third party insurance is an absolute must to ride your bike on Indian roads. Insurance is classified into Comprensive and Third Party Insurance
Comprehensive Bike Insurance
Comprehensive insurance provides coverage for your vehicle as well as third party and is thus more valuable. It covers damages caused due to natural calamities like fire, flood, earthquake and other disasters. It also makes up for the losses caused due to theft, robbery and other man-made disasters. Sometimes, damages are incurred while the automobiles are in transit by rail, road, air, waterway and so on so forth. Such damages are covered when you have a comprehensive insurance in hand.
Third Party Bike Liability Insurance
This type of insurance is mandatory though it doesn’t cover any damages to the insured two-wheeler or its rider. Also known as liability-only insurance, this covers only the insurer’s liability for damage caused to other vehicles or properties. This can include death, injuries or damage to a third party.
Bike Insurance FAQs
How is a two-wheeler insurance premium calculated?
Two-wheeler insurance is primarily of two types - third party and comprehensive. The premium for the former is decided by IRDAI (Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India) and is calculated on the basis of the two-wheeler’s engine capacity (CC). In a comprehensive two-wheeler insurance policy, the insurance provider takes many other factors like the two-wheeler’s make, model and variant, age of the bike, and RTO location into consideration while calculating a two-wheeler’s insurance premium.
Is two-wheeler insurance compulsory to ride a bike in India?
Yes, there are no two ways about it! According to the Indian Motor Vehicles Act, 1988, it is mandatory for all vehicles plying on Indian roads to have a liability cover. Third-party injuries or damages will be payable by the insurance company in case of a genuine claim, in compliance with the terms and conditions of the insurance company.
What are the most popular add-on covers for two wheeler insurance?
Add-ons are available to maximise coverage and broaden the scope of protection. In a bike policy, you can choose from a vast selection of add-ons ranging from zero depreciation, NCB protection cover, return to invoice, rider personal accident cover, consumables cover, roadside assistance cover and driver cover.
What are the various types of Bike insurance policies available?
Typically, there are two types of Bike insurances policies to choose from – a third party liability policy and a comprehensive insurance policy.
How long is a bike insurance policy valid for?
Traditionally, a two-wheeler insurance policy is valid for a year from the date of issuance. However, if you have opted for a multi-year or a long-term bike policy, the tenure extends.
When should you renew your bike insurance policy?
Bike insurance policy renewal is a process that depends on the selected tenure. To avoid unnecessary troubles, you must renew your policy before it expires.
How to proceed with a bike insurance claim?
Call your insurance company and inform about your claim. You can either choose for a cashless claim settlement option or settle for reimbursements post a claim.
*Standard T&C Apply. All savings/offers are provided by the Insurers which are subject to modification. For more details on risk factors, terms and conditions, please read the sales brochure of respective insurers carefully before concluding a sale. Girnar Insurance Brokers Private Limited, 4th Floor, Tower B, Emaar Digital Greens, Golf Course Extension Road, Sector-61, Gurugram-122102, Haryana. IRDAI License no 588. Direct Broker (General Insurance) valid till 19th March 2023. Email -email@example.com.