What is your bike's brand?
How to Buy Two Wheeler Insurance Online?
- Fill Your Two Wheeler Details
Provide your two wheeler details such as the make, model, etc, and get insurance quotes instantly from top bike insurance companies.
- Compare Two Wheeler Insurance Quotes
From all the available two wheeler insurance premium quotes, select the one which suits your budget & requirements in the best manner.
- Make Payment Online
Pay the two wheeler insurance premium for the selected plan online and you are done!
Bike Insurance Benefits at InsuranceDekho
- 5 Minutes Policy Issuance
Why spend hours and days in queues filling up the paperwork for bike insurance policy. The entire process from entering your bike details to finalising your policy and getting it issued takes only 5 minutes on InsuranceDekho.
- Over 3 Lakh Policies Sold
A transparent and quick process, choice of numerous insurers, along with a dedicated team of experts make InsuranceDekho a trusted choice for many insurance buyers. More than 2 lakh happy customers are a testament to the same.
- Dedicated Support Team
Feel free to reach out to our dedicated bike insurance team of experts, in case of any confusion. Be it buying your insurance policy, or support required incase of claim, our team of experts is at your service 7 days a week.
Find Right Bike Insurance Quotes by Bikes Body Type
- View Honda Activa 6G Insurance Quotes →
- View Honda Dio Insurance Quotes →
- View Honda Activa 125 Insurance Quotes →
- View Suzuki Access 125 Insurance Quotes →
- View TVS Jupiter Insurance Quotes →
- View TVS NTORQ 125 Insurance Quotes →
- View TVS XL100 Insurance Quotes →
- View Yamaha Fascino 125 Insurance Quotes →
- View Yamaha YZF R15 V3 Insurance Quotes →
- View Bajaj Pulsar NS200 Insurance Quotes →
- View Bajaj Pulsar 220 F Insurance Quotes →
- View TVS Apache RR 310 Insurance Quotes →
- View Bajaj Pulsar RS200 Insurance Quotes →
- View Yamaha FZS-FI V3 Insurance Quotes →
- View KTM RC 200 Insurance Quotes →
- View KTM RC 125 Insurance Quotes →
- View Royal Enfield Classic 350 Insurance Quotes →
- View Royal Enfield Bullet 350 Insurance Quotes →
- View Jawa 42 Insurance Quotes →
- View Harley Davidson Fat Boy Insurance Quotes →
- View Kawasaki W800 Street Insurance Quotes →
- View Indian Scout Insurance Quotes →
- View Harley Davidson Forty Eight Special Insurance Quotes →
- View Indian Scout Sixty Insurance Quotes →
- View Hero Splendor Plus Insurance Quotes →
- View Hero Passion Pro Insurance Quotes →
- View Bajaj Pulsar 150 Insurance Quotes →
- View Honda Shine Insurance Quotes →
- View TVS Apache RTR 160 Insurance Quotes →
- View Hero HF Deluxe Insurance Quotes →
- View Hero Glamour Insurance Quotes →
- View Bajaj Pulsar 125 Neon Insurance Quotes →
Customer's Speak2454 Reviews
- When it comes to insurance policy issuance, InsuranceDekho portal offered me an extraordinary experience by delivering me the bike insurance policy in no time. I got a Raheja QBE bike insurance policy for my Honda Activa scooty in just a few minutes after making the payment.Rajat PathakRaheja Qbe7th August, 2020
- At InsuranceDekho platform, I easily got my Edelweiss bike insurance policy renewed in no time without any hassle by just following their 2 simple steps. I could easily renew my bike insurance plan that I bought for my TVS Scooty Pep Plus in just a few minutes.Sumati JainEdelweiss7th August, 2020
- The InsuranceDekho portal offered me many services without going through any paperwork. The insurance platform was completely digital which enhanced my purchase process experience while buying Acko insurance plan for my Suzuki Gixxer SF 250 bike.Karan Kumar BishtAcko7th August, 2020
- I did not experience any trouble in getting my bike insurance claim settled with Universal Sompo insurance policy due to the guidance of the InsuranceDekho team. I requested the claim for my Hero Splendor Plus bike in the best way with the assistance of the InsuranceDekho team.Hemant GargUniversal Sompo7th August, 2020
- At InsuranceDekho platform, I was able to purchase the Shriram insurance policy very easily with the help of their payment gateways to insure my Bajaj Platina 110 H Gear bike. I am very much happy and impressed with the advanced payment methods they offered.Nihit KumarShriram7th August, 2020
- InsuranceDekho portal provided me a range of bike insurance policy quotes at the lowest possible prices online during the purchase process. Due to their assistance, I could buy an IFFCO Tokio bike insurance policy for my Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 bike at an affordable price.Saahil GhaiIffco Tokio7th August, 2020
- I have a bike insurance plan of Raheja QBE insurance company, the claim request of which got settled very easily with the assistance of the InsuranceDekho team. The team of InsuranceDekho guided me to make the claim request properly for my Honda Shine bike. I am very happy with their support.Ankur AwashiRaheja Qbe6th August, 2020
- I bought Edelweiss insurance policy from InsuranceDekho platform for my Suzuki Access 125 bike. The insurance portal offered me secured and safe payment gateways to pay for the policy. Their advanced payment methods improved my insurance purchase experience.Devendra KapoorEdelweiss6th August, 2020
- The InsuranceDekho team suggested that I should purchase an Acko insurance plan due to its robust network of garages and due to their good claim settlement ratio. It really helped me get my TVS NTORQ 125 bike repaired quickly after an accident at a cashless garage without paying anything.Himansu TyagiAcko6th August, 2020
- I got my Universal Sompo bike insurance policy in no time at InsuranceDekho platform. I bought its policy for my Yamaha MT-15 bike, which was issued very fast and easily. This fast issuance feature saved my time and helped me improve the purchase experience.Abhishek TomarUniversal Sompo6th August, 2020
What is Bike Insurance?
Bike insurance is an agreement between a bike owner and an insurance company wherein the latter promises to protect the former’s bike from unforeseen financial losses arising from unexpected events such as a road accident, theft, fire, natural calamities, vandalism and other such scenarios. In return for this promise, the bike owner pays an amount known as bike insurance premium to the insurance company.There are three types of bike insurance - Third Party bike Insurance Policy, Comprehensive bike Insurance Policy and Standalone Own-Damage bike Insurance Policy. As per the Indian Motor Tariff, every bike owner in India is mandatorily required to own at least a third party bike insurance policy. Driving a bike without an active third party bike insurance policy is a legal offence punishable with a fine of Rs. 2,000 and/or imprisonment of up to 3 months.
Comprehensive Bike Insurance
A comprehensive bike insurance policy is a cover under which the insurance company is liable to pay for damages caused to the third party property and life (including death) by the insured’s bike as well as for the own damages sustained by the insured’s bike. In addition to road accidents, the plan covers damages incurred during natural calamities, man-made disasters, fire, explosion, self-ignition or lightning, theft, terrorist activity, damage in transit by road, rail, inland waterway, lift, elevator as well as air. A policyholder can extend the coverage of a comprehensive bike insurance plan with the help of add-on covers such as zero depreciation cover, engine cover, roadside assistance cover, lost key, etc.
Third Party Bike Insurance
As per the Indian Motor Tariff, a third party insurance policy is a mandatory requirement if you want to drive a bike in India. Under this cover, the insurance company insures the policyholder against the third party liabilities such as bodily injuries, permanent/temporary liability, total/partial liability, as well as death of the third party caused by an accident involving the insured’s bike. The third party policy also provides coverage for property damage incurred by the third party up to Rs. 1 lakh. The plan does not provide coverage for own damages incurred by the insured’s bike. For the extensive coverage, you can buy a comprehensive bike insurance policy.
Standalone Own-Damage Bike Insurance Policy
Under Standalone Own-Damage Bike Insurance plan, you get insurance coverage only for the own-damages sustained by your bike in a road accident, natural/man-made calamity, fire, explosion, theft or any other mishap. A standalone own-damage bike insurance policy aims at offering you the flexibility in terms of the insurer you want to choose. In order to stay compliant with the rules of the Indian Motor Tariff, you need to purchase a third party bike insurance policy either from the same insurance company or a different one.
Bike Insurance FAQs
How is a two-wheeler insurance premium calculated?
Two-wheeler insurance is primarily of two types - third party and comprehensive. The premium for the former is decided by IRDAI (Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India) and is calculated on the basis of the two-wheeler’s engine capacity (CC). In a comprehensive two-wheeler insurance policy, the insurance provider takes many other factors like the two-wheeler’s make, model and variant, age of the bike, and RTO location into consideration while calculating a two-wheeler’s insurance premium.
Is two-wheeler insurance compulsory to ride a bike in India?
Yes, there are no two ways about it! According to the Indian Motor Vehicles Act, 1988, it is mandatory for all vehicles plying on Indian roads to have a liability cover. Third-party injuries or damages will be payable by the insurance company in case of a genuine claim, in compliance with the terms and conditions of the insurance company.
What are the most popular add-on covers for two wheeler insurance?
Add-ons are available to maximise coverage and broaden the scope of protection. In a bike policy, you can choose from a vast selection of add-ons ranging from zero depreciation, NCB protection cover, return to invoice, rider personal accident cover, consumables cover, roadside assistance cover and driver cover.
What are the various types of Bike insurance policies available?
Typically, there are two types of Bike insurances policies to choose from – a third party liability policy and a comprehensive insurance policy.
How long is a bike insurance policy valid for?
Traditionally, a two-wheeler insurance policy is valid for a year from the date of issuance. However, if you have opted for a multi-year or a long-term bike policy, the tenure extends.
When should you renew your bike insurance policy?
Bike insurance policy renewal is a process that depends on the selected tenure. To avoid unnecessary troubles, you must renew your policy before it expires.
How to proceed with a bike insurance claim?
Call your insurance company and inform about your claim. You can either choose for a cashless claim settlement option or settle for reimbursements post a claim.
Latest Bike Insurance News
- Read More →
- Read More →
- Read More →
*Standard T&C Apply. All savings/offers are provided by the Insurers which are subject to modification. For more details on risk factors, terms and conditions, please read the sales brochure of respective insurers carefully before concluding a sale. Girnar Insurance Brokers Private Limited, 4th Floor, Tower B, Emaar Digital Greens, Golf Course Extension Road, Sector-61, Gurugram-122102, Haryana. IRDAI License no 588. Direct Broker (General Insurance) valid till 19th March 2023. Email -firstname.lastname@example.org.