How to buy bike insurance online?
- Fill in your Bike Details
Just key in details about your bike like make, model, etc, to get top insurance quotes instantly
- Compare Quotes and Choose a Plan
Select from numerous quotes the one that suits your budget and needs the best
- Make Payment and sit back
Pay online and get your policy right away
Add-ons For Your Two-wheeler Insurance Policy
- Zero Depreciation
A zero depreciation add-on literally protects you against the depreciation of your two-wheeler’s value. With this cover, you can rest assure that you’ll be paid the entire claim amount without deducting the depreciation sum. It also covers rubber, plastic and fiber components.
- Personal Accident Cover
This insurance add-on cover provides protection against the risk of partial or complete disability and death. It provides you financial assistance in case of a serious injury or death of the rider following an accident.
- Invoice Protection
This add-on is of great benefit in case of total loss. With this cover, you can claim the total ex-showroom price of your bike, taxes and registration charges that you had initially paid
- Roadside Assistance
Stranded in a deserted place with no help to call for? A roadside assistance add-on provides you prompt repair services and much-needed assistance in such situations
Benefits of InsuranceDekho
- 5 Minutes Policy Issuance
Why spend hours and days in queues filling up the paperwork for your policy. The entire process from entering your car details to finalising your policy and getting it issued takes only 5 minutes on InsuranceDekho.
- Over 3 Lakh Policies Sold
A transparent and quick process, choice of numerous insurers, along with a dedicated team of experts make InsuranceDekho a trusted choice for many insurance buyers. More than 2 lakh happy customers are a testament to the same.
- Dedicated Support Team
Feel free to reach out to our dedicated team of experts, in case of any confusion. Be it buying your insurance policy, or support required incase of claim, our team of experts is at your service 7 days a week.
Find Right Quotes for Bikes by Body Type
- View Honda Activa 5G Insurance Quotes →
- View Yamaha Ray Z Insurance Quotes →
- View TVS Wego Insurance Quotes →
- View TVS Scooty Pep Plus Insurance Quotes →
- View Honda Dio Insurance Quotes →
- View Honda Aviator Insurance Quotes →
- View Suzuki Access 125 Insurance Quotes →
- View Avon E Bike Insurance Quotes →
- View Kawasaki Ninja 300 Insurance Quotes →
- View Suzuki Hayabusa Insurance Quotes →
- View Hyosung GT250R Insurance Quotes →
- View Aprilia RSV4 Insurance Quotes →
- View KTM RC 200 Insurance Quotes →
- View Bajaj Pulsar NS200 Insurance Quotes →
- View Aprilia Tuono Insurance Quotes →
- View Bajaj Pulsar RS200 Insurance Quotes →
- View Bajaj Avenger Street 220 Insurance Quotes →
- View Harley Davidson Forty Eight Insurance Quotes →
- View Royal Enfield Bullet 350 Insurance Quotes →
- View Harley Davidson Iron 883 Insurance Quotes →
- View Royal Enfield Thunderbird 350 Insurance Quotes →
- View Royal Enfield Classic 500 Insurance Quotes →
- View Hyosung Aquila Pro Insurance Quotes →
- View Harley Davidson Street 750 Insurance Quotes →
- View Bajaj Pulsar 150 Insurance Quotes →
- View TVS Apache RTR 160 4V Insurance Quotes →
- View Bajaj Platina 110 Insurance Quotes →
- View Honda Shine Insurance Quotes →
- View TVS Star City Plus Insurance Quotes →
- View TVS Sport Insurance Quotes →
- View Honda Dream Yuga Insurance Quotes →
- View Hero Passion XPro Insurance Quotes →
Customer's Speak991 Reviews
- The website is organised properly. Each step is explained in detail. The steps are mentioned clearly as well. The assistance of the help desk is noticeable. Also, the online-chat helps a lot in connecting with the help desk.Sneha TondonEdelweiss14th February, 2020
- The support team helped me a lot with the renewal process of my bike insurance. I was having problems with the steps of the procedure of renewal. I contacted the support team numerous times and they guided me politely every time.Babita ChoudhrySbi14th February, 2020
- A very interesting feature of Insurance Dekho is online chat. If you are having any trouble at any step, drop a comment on the online chat. They will reply almost immediately with the required data. They are very efficient.Namita RautUniversal Sompo14th February, 2020
- Insurance Dekho made the process of getting a new insurance policy very easy. Just follow the steps and get your policy. All the information is there. Also, you can contact the support team for any double-check.Rupal NayarShriram14th February, 2020
- I recently got insurance for my new Hero Maestro Edge 125 from Liberty. I went to InsuranceDekho.com where I just had to put in some details and I got a list of quotes from various companies to choose from. It was really helpful.Parvin WasonLiberty14th February, 2020
- Insurance Dekho requires no hard copy of the documents. After giving the bike’s details, you just have to follow the given steps to get insurance options. The whole procedure is very effortless and less time-consuming.Ayushi ApteRaheja Qbe14th February, 2020
- The renewal process is very easy to follow on Insurance Dekho. You will find the information on the website. If required, the help desk also guides you with every required information. It doesn’t require much time which is really appreciable.Lata ShahMagma14th February, 2020
- I just had to give a few details in order to get the list of the suitable matches of policies for my bike in Insurance Dekho. They also compared the list and gave me the perfect choice for my bike. I got the insurance from Cholamandalam with the help of the website.Tristina SachdevCholamandalam14th February, 2020
- On the site Insurance Dekho, the steps to get or renew a policy are in front of the eyes. The help desk is very active and helpful. You can call them for any assistance. They will assist you with every bit of information you need.Hina DeolUnited India14th February, 2020
- I recently got my bike’s insurance from Oriental with the help of Insurance Dekho. I knew nothing about insurance policies. But on the website of Insurance Dekho, all the information was given properly.Aastha BiswasOriental14th February, 2020
What is Bike Insurance?
A bike insurance plan provides you financial cover in the event of an accident, theft, fire, flood, vandalism and other such scenarios. Accidents are unprecedented and vehicle repairs and treatment for injuries can be expensive. There is considerable risk of losing money if your bike is totalled or stolen as well. You may also be liable to pay for repair costs in case you damage someone else’s vehicle or, worse, cause injuries/fatalities during an accident.It is important to note that having a third party insurance is an absolute must to ride your bike on Indian roads. Insurance is classified into Comprensive and Third Party Insurance
Comprehensive insurance provides coverage for your vehicle as well as third party and is thus more valuable. It covers damages caused due to natural calamities like fire, flood, earthquake and other disasters. It also makes up for the losses caused due to theft, robbery and other man-made disasters. Sometimes, damages are incurred while the automobiles are in transit by rail, road, air, waterway and so on so forth. Such damages are covered when you have a comprehensive insurance in hand.
This type of insurance is mandatory though it doesn’t cover any damages to the insured two-wheeler or its rider. Also known as liability-only insurance, this covers only the insurer’s liability for damage caused to other vehicles or properties. This can include death, injuries or damage to a third party.
Bike Insurance FAQs
How is a two-wheeler insurance premium calculated?
Two-wheeler insurance is primarily of two types - third party and comprehensive. The premium for the former is decided by IRDAI (Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India) and is calculated on the basis of the two-wheeler’s engine capacity (CC). In a comprehensive two-wheeler insurance policy, the insurance provider takes many other factors like the two-wheeler’s make, model and variant, age of the bike, and RTO location into consideration while calculating a two-wheeler’s insurance premium.
Is two-wheeler insurance compulsory to ride a bike in India?
Yes, there are no two ways about it! According to the Indian Motor Vehicles Act, 1988, it is mandatory for all vehicles plying on Indian roads to have a liability cover. Third-party injuries or damages will be payable by the insurance company in case of a genuine claim, in compliance with the terms and conditions of the insurance company.
What are the most popular add-on covers for two wheeler insurance?
Add-ons are available to maximise coverage and broaden the scope of protection. In a bike policy, you can choose from a vast selection of add-ons ranging from zero depreciation, NCB protection cover, return to invoice, rider personal accident cover, consumables cover, roadside assistance cover and driver cover.
What are the various types of Bike insurance policies available?
Typically, there are two types of Bike insurances policies to choose from – a third party liability policy and a comprehensive insurance policy.
How long is a bike insurance policy valid for?
Traditionally, a two-wheeler insurance policy is valid for a year from the date of issuance. However, if you have opted for a multi-year or a long-term bike policy, the tenure extends.
When should you renew your bike insurance policy?
Bike insurance policy renewal is a process that depends on the selected tenure. To avoid unnecessary troubles, you must renew your policy before it expires.
How to proceed with a bike insurance claim?
Call your insurance company and inform about your claim. You can either choose for a cashless claim settlement option or settle for reimbursements post a claim.
*Standard T&C Apply. All savings/offers are provided by the Insurers which are subject to modification. For more details on risk factors, terms and conditions, please read the sales brochure of respective insurers carefully before concluding a sale. Girnar Insurance Brokers Private Limited, 4th Floor, Tower B, Emaar Digital Greens, Golf Course Extension Road, Sector-61, Gurugram-122102, Haryana. IRDAI License no 588. Direct Broker (General Insurance) valid till 19th March 2020. Email -firstname.lastname@example.org.