Calculate Your Bike Insurance
What Is Bike Insurance?
Two wheeler insurance is an agreement between an insurance company and a bike owner, where the former promises the latter to cover the financial liabilities which may arise due to an unforeseen incident involving the insured’s bike. There are three kinds of bike insurance plans available in the market namely third-party bike insurance, standalone own-damage (OD) bike insurance, and comprehensive bike insurance. These bike insurance covers are distinguished on the basis of their coverage.
How To Buy Two Wheeler Insurance Online
With InsuranceDekho, you can buy bike insurance very easily and quickly. You can follow the below-mentioned steps to get the best two wheeler insurance plan.
- Enter Your Bike Details
Fill up your two wheeler details like make, model, fuel type, etc., to find the top bike insurance policy quotes offered by different insurance companies based on your specifications.
- Compare Bike Insurance Policy Quotes
From all the available plan options, pick the bike insurance policy which meets your requirements and budgets in the best possible manner.
- Pay for the Policy Online
Pay the premium of the chosen two wheeler insurance policy online. After paying the premium, you will instantly receive your bike insurance document in your email inbox.
Different Types of Bike Insurance
Comprehensive Bike Insurance
A comprehensive bike insurance policy gives complete coverage by paying your financial liabilities that you may incur towards a third party and by providing compensation for expenses arising due to own-damages sustained by your bike. This policy shields your bike against damages it sustains due to an accident, fire, theft, man-made disasters, natural calamities, self-ignition, explosion, and so on. You can also enhance its coverage by paying an additional premium to purchase add-on covers like zero depreciation cover, roadside assistance cover, engine cover, etc.
Third Party Bike Insurance
In India, a third-party bike insurance plan is a compulsory requirement to ride a bike. It is also known as liability-only policy which covers bodily injuries, temporary or permanent disability, and death of the third party person due to an accident or a mishap with the involvement of the insured’s bike. This bike insurance policy also covers the property damage expenses sustained by the third party up to Rs. 1 Lakh, but does not cover damages incurred by the insured’s bike or the insured person.
Own-Damage Bike Insurance
The standalone own-damage bike insurance policy gives coverage for the own-damages sustained by the insured bike due to an accident, theft, fire, natural disaster and man-made calamity. A standalone own-damage policy provides flexibility to policyholders for choosing an insurance company of their choice. The policyholders can buy a third-party policy and own-damage policy either from the same insurer or a different one. An insured individual can expand the coverage of a own-damage insurance policy by buying add-on covers.
Top Bike Insurance Companies in India 2021
|Rank||Companies||Network Garages||Claim Settlement Ratio|
|1||Bajaj Allianz General Insurance||4,000+||88.83% in FY20|
|2||Bharti Axa General Insurance||5,200+||87.99% in FY20|
|3||Hdfc Ergo General Insurance||6,800+||91.23% in FY20|
|4||Icici Lombard General Insurance||8,800+||87.71% in FY20|
|5||Iffco Tokio General Insurance||4,300+||95.30% in FY20|
|6||Kotak General Insurance||1,300+||82.81% in FY20|
|7||National General Insurance||3,100+||85.71% in FY20|
|8||New India General Insurance||3,000+||89.60% in FY20|
|9||Reliance General Insurance||6,200+||84.26% in FY20|
|10||Sbi General Insurance||16,000+||89.51% in FY20|
|11||United India General Insurance||3,100+||82.93% in FY20|
|12||Universal Sompo General Insurance||3,500+||90.78% in FY20|
Two Wheeler Insurance Add-ons
- Zero Depreciation Cover
Depreciation reduces the value of a bike and its parts due to which policyholders receive a reduced claim amount. But, by opting for a zero depreciation add-on cover, you can get a higher claim amount as this add-on covers the depreciation cost of your bike and its parts made of nylon, plastic, and fibreglass. A zero depreciation add-on provides complete coverage for the replacement of old and damaged bike parts without considering depreciation.
- Return To Invoice Cover
If your two wheeler sustains a total loss, then you become entitled to receive the Insured Declared Value (IDV) of your bike as compensation. However, the amount of IDV is lower than the actual amount paid by you at the time of buying your bike as it does not include the amount paid towards road taxes and registration charges. But, with the return to invoice cover, you can get the coverage for the entire invoice amount for your bike in case of total loss.
- NCB Protection Cover
Insurance companies offer a reward in terms of discount to their policyholders for not making any claim in a policy year. The reward for every claim-free year is known as No Claim Bonus which gets accumulated with every claim-free year and ranges between 20% to 50% of your own-damage premium. This benefit can be lost if you make even a single claim. But with the NCB Cover, you can keep it intact even after making a claim.
- Engine Protection Cover
The standard bike insurance policy provides coverage for the damage incurred by your bike’s engine only during an accident but does not offer coverage for damage sustained by the engine due to water ingression or oil leakage. However, if you include engine protection cover in your policy, then, you become eligible to get coverage for the damages sustained by the engine of your bike due to water ingression and oil leakage as well.
- Roadside Assistance Cover
If you get stuck somewhere on road due to a sudden breakdown of your bike or due to reasons like a dead battery, flat tyre, key loss, fuel shortage, accident etc, or requirement of hotel accommodation then you can get the required assistance if you had opted for a roadside assistance cover. This bike insurance add-on assists you with a range of unexpected and sudden events which may result in roadside emergency situations.
- Consumables Cover
A standard two wheeler insurance policy does not provide coverage for the cost of consumables like screws, bolts, nuts, engine oil, brake oil, grease, etc. However, these small looking consumables can increase the repair bill of your bike significantly, hence, by including the consumables add-on cover in your policy, you can get coverage for such consumables at the time of repair after an accident or during bike repair.
- Tyre Protection Cover
By default, a standard two-wheeler insurance plan does not cover damage caused to your bike tyres due to tyre burst, sidewall bulging, or flattening, etc. However, by opting for a tyre protection cover, you can get required coverage for the replacement cost of a damaged tyre which also includes the labour cost incurred for removing, refitting, and balancing the wheel. This add-on helps you save a good sum of money.
Explore Two Wheeler Insurance
Bike Insurance Coverage
- What is Covered?
- What is not Covered?
- Third-Party Injuries
All the types of bodily injuries suffered by a third-party due to your bike will be covered.
- Third Party Disability
If your bike causes disability to a third-party in an accident, then the coverage for the same shall be provided.
- Third Party Death
Compensation will be offered if your bike causes an accident that results in an unfortunate death of a third party.
- Third-Party Property Damage
Coverage of up to Rs. 1 Lakh is provided for damages caused to a third-party’s property due to your bike.
Coverage is offered for all types of damages incurred by your bike in accidents or collisions.
- Natural Calamities
Damages incurred by your bike due to natural disasters like earthquakes, floods, cyclones, etc are covered.
- Man-made Disasters
Damages sustained by your bike due to man-made disasters such as riots, terrorism, vandalism, etc, is covered.
- Fire or Explosion
Damages incurred by your bike in a fire and explosion shall be covered.
Loss of your bike due to theft is covered under bike insurance.
- Driving Under the Influence of Alcohol and Drug
Claims for incidents when the insured was driving under the influence of alcohol are not admissible.
- Driving Without Valid Driver’s License
No coverage is offered if the insured was driving without a valid driver’s license.
- Wear and Tear or Depreciation
A standard bike insurance policy will not cover the cost of depreciation of your bike and its parts.
No coverage is offered for engine oil, brake oil, air conditioner refrigerant, nuts, bolts, screws, grease, and other consumables of the bike.
- Electrical or Mechanical Breakdown
If your bike suffers any mechanical or electrical breakdown, then it will not be covered.
- Damage in War or Nuclear Attack
If your bike sustains damages due to war or nuclear activity or attack, then no coverage will be provided.
- Damage to Tyre or Tubes
Damages sustained by the tyres and tubes of your bike will not be covered, except in case of accidents.
- Damage Caused Outside Geographical Boundaries
No compensation will be provided for damages sustained outside the geographical limits specified in the policy.
How To File Two Wheeler Insurance Claim Online?
A two wheeler insurance claim can be settled in 2 ways - in a cashless manner or reimbursement manner. If you take your bike to a network garage of your insurance company for repair, then the claim is settled in a cashless manner. Whereas, if you take your bike to a non-network garage, then the claim is settled in a reimbursement claim. Following are the steps which you can follow to raise a bike insurance claim
- Step 1 Intimate your insurance company about the accident or mishap.
- Step 2 Get your claim intimation number from your insurance company.
- Step 3 A surveyor will be appointed and sent to the spot to examine the damages.
- Step 4 Your insurer can make arrangements for towing services for your bike if required.
- Step 5 Get your bike repaired either at a network garage or a garage of your choice.
- Step 6 Your insurer will settle the claim based on the selected garage for bike repairs.
Why Choose InsuranceDekho for Bike Insurance Online?
- Bike Insurance in Just 5 Minutes*
We issue your bike insurance in just 5 minutes with our simple, swift and paperless process.
- Over 5.5 Lakh Happy Customers
InsuranceDekho is a preferred choice of every insurance seeker. With our quick process, top-rated insurance plans, and committed customer care staff, we have managed to get the love and support of over 5.5 Lakh satisfied customers till now.
- 7 Days Dedicated Customer Support
We have a dedicated customer support team which is available at your service everyday. You can reach out to our support staff for any insurance related assistance be it related to policy purchase or claim settlement, we are always there to assist you.
Benefits of Buying A Two Wheeler Insurance Policy
Two wheeler insurance provides a wide array of benefits to its policyholders. The key benefits are as follows:
1. Helps You Comply With Law
A bike insurance helps you comply with the law. According to the Indian Motor Tariff, every bike owner is compulsorily required to hold at least a third-party bike insurance plan. Driving without a valid third-party bike insurance plan attracts a penalty of Rs. 2,000 and/or imprisonment of up to 3 months.
2. Protection Against Third-Party Liabilities
A bike insurance plan covers the financial liabilities that you may incur towards a third-party like bodily injuries, disability, death and property damage. The coverage for property damage is limited up to Rs. 1 Lakh.
3. Protection Against Own-Damages
A bike insurance plan covers the own-damage expenses of your bike which may incur due to accidents, fire, theft, natural and man-made disasters, etc. Such coverage is provided under standalone own-damage plans and comprehensive bike insurance plans.
4. Coverage Against Theft
A bike insurance plan gives you coverage even if your bike gets stolen. In such cases, your insurer will provide you with your bike’s Insured Declared Value (IDV) which will be equal to the market price of your bike at the time of policy purchase.
5. Personal Accident Cover
You can include a personal accident cover of up to Rs. 15 Lakh in your bike insurance plan to cover bodily injuries, disability or death of the bike insurance policyholder.
Find Right Bike Insurance Quotes by Body Type
- View Hero Splendor Plus Insurance Quotes
- View TVS Apache RTR 160 Insurance Quotes
- View Bajaj Pulsar 150 Insurance Quotes
- View Hero HF Deluxe Insurance Quotes
- View Honda Shine Insurance Quotes
- View Honda SP 125 Insurance Quotes
- View Bajaj Pulsar 125 Neon Insurance Quotes
- View TVS Radeon Insurance Quotes
- View TVS Jupiter Insurance Quotes
- View Ola S1 Insurance Quotes
- View Honda Activa 6G Insurance Quotes
- View TVS NTORQ 125 Insurance Quotes
- View Hero Pleasure Plus Insurance Quotes
- View Suzuki Access 125 Insurance Quotes
- View Honda Dio Insurance Quotes
- View Ather 450X Insurance Quotes
- View Yamaha YZF R15 V3 Insurance Quotes
- View Bajaj Pulsar NS200 Insurance Quotes
- View Bajaj Pulsar 220 F Insurance Quotes
- View Yamaha FZS-FI V3 Insurance Quotes
- View KTM RC 200 Insurance Quotes
- View Bajaj Pulsar RS200 Insurance Quotes
- View KTM RC 125 Insurance Quotes
- View Bajaj Pulsar NS 125 Insurance Quotes
- View Royal Enfield Classic 350 Insurance Quotes
- View Royal Enfield Bullet 350 Insurance Quotes
- View Royal Enfield Meteor 350 Insurance Quotes
- View Honda Hness CB350 Insurance Quotes
- View Jawa 42 Insurance Quotes
- View Bajaj Avenger Street 160 Insurance Quotes
- View Bajaj Avenger Cruise 220 Insurance Quotes
- View Jawa Perak Insurance Quotes
Customer's Speak5556 Reviews
- Availability of various cashless garagesThe cashless garages listed on the InsuranceDekho website have their presence all over the nation. One is allowed to gai...Raheja QbeBy Sidharth ChandanaOn:24th September, 2021
- Several add-ons to consider fromInsuranceDekho has a good collection of several add-on covers that applifies the coverage benefits of an insurance polic...EdelweissBy Aradhya GulatiOn:24th September, 2021
- Simultaneous plan comparisonI had the opportunity to compare multiple insurance plans simultaneously with the help of an innovative premium calculat...AckoBy Rishul SharmaOn:24th September, 2021
- Digital insurance planThe convenience of being insured under a digital bike insurance plan was foreign to me till the time I decided to buy U...Universal SompoBy Manish SharmaOn:24th September, 2021
- Got right policy coverageI had found the right plan coverage for my Crayon Envy bike while issuing a Shriram bike insurance plan from the Insuran...ShriramBy Ashima DharOn:24th September, 2021
- Skillful handling of claimI registered for a claim under IFFCO Tokio bike insurance plan insured for my Hero Pleasure at the InsuranceDekho websit...Iffco TokioBy Maninder SainiOn:24th September, 2021
- Reasonable premiumThe bike insurance plan premiums offered by InsuranceDekho website are quite affordable seeing to feasibility of each an...LibertyBy Priyal KhannaOn:23rd September, 2021
- Quick plan issuanceIssuing Liberty bike insurance plan for my TVS XL 100 was very quick on InsuranceDekho. I began generating insurance quo...Future GeneraliBy Madhrima NaikOn:23rd September, 2021
- Offers several insurance quotesI had received several insurance quotes just by submitting the registration number of my Okinawa Raise on InsuranceDekho...KotakBy Mahira KashyapOn:23rd September, 2021
- Efficient add-onsPurchasing passenger assistance and zero depreciation add-on cover under New India bike insurance plan to enhance the co...New IndiaBy Pritam GuptaOn:23rd September, 2021
FAQs on Two Wheeler Insurance Policy
What is a two wheeler insurance policy?
A two wheeler insurance policy is an agreement between an insurance company and a bike owner wherein the insurance provider promises to cover any damage or loss sustained by the insured bike due to an accident, theft, fire, etc., based on the opted policy. Generally, the contract between insured and insurer is of a year which should be renewed every year.
Why should I purchase a bike insurance policy?
No matter which bike you own, you need to comply with some laws to ride it. To carry a bike insurance policy is the most important rule to drive a bike as you need to adhere to the legal requirement of carrying at least a third party cover. Besides this, a bike insurance policy also covers your financial liabilities which you may incur towards a third party or own damages sustained by your bike due to an accident or any unfortunate incident.
What are the different types of bike insurance plan?
There are three types of bike insurance plans such as third party bike insurance plan, standalone own damage bike insurance plan, and comprehensive bike insurance plan.
What is the premium of different bike insurance plans?
The cost of the premium for different bike insurance plans are different. When it comes to the third party policy, its premium is set by the IRDAI which varies as per the bike’s engine capacity. But, the premium for own-damage and comprehensive plans varies from bike to bike due to various factors like bike’s make, model, and variant, engine capacity, fuel type, etc.
What if my bike insurance policy gets expired?
Every two-wheeler insurance policy has a date of expiry before which you should renew it to continue to avail it. However, if you fail to renew the policy on time, you still can renew it within the 90 days grace period from the expiry date, but it can not be renewed after that and you will have to buy a new policy in that case.
How to find my bike insurance policy number?
Bike insurance policy number is a unique number which is of 8 to 10 digits provided by the insurance company. It is generally printed on the insurance card that is issued by the insurance providers. You can also find it by entering your registered mobile number on the website of your insurer.
Which is the best bike insurance company in India?
There are numerous parameters to select an insurance company to insure your bike. The Claim Settlement Ratio (CSR) is one of the most important parameters to gauge the efficiency of an insurance provider. The CSR is a ratio of claims settled by a bike insurance company out of the total claims received by the insurer during the financial year. In the financial year 2019-20, the companies with the highest claim settlement ratio are IFFCO Tokio General Insurance (95.30%), Royal Sundaram General Insurance (92.66%), and Oriental Insurance Company (91.76%) with which the IFFCO Tokio can be considered the best company in India for the year 2021.
Is it compulsory to own a bike insurance in India?
Yes, according to the Indian Motor Tariff, every bike owner is required to carry at least a third party bike insurance plan.
Can a bike owner purchase two bike insurance for the same bike?
No, a bike owner can not buy two insurance plans for the same bike. However, you can buy a third-party policy and own-damage plan separately from different insurance companies.
Can bike insurance be transferred to a new owner of the bike?
Yes, a bike insurance policy can be transferred from the old bike owner to the new bike owner, if it is sold out. The policy transfer must be completed within 14 days from the purchase date of the bike.
What are the factors that determine the premium of a bike insurance policy?
The third party policy premium of your bike is fixed by the IRDAI, while the standalone own-damage and comprehensive policy premium varies from insurer to insurer based on several factors which are as follow:
- Type of Coverage – Different policies cost different premium amounts such as third party policy, own-damage policy, and comprehensive policy.
- Bike Make, Model and Variant – The brand, model, and variant of the bike affects the premium as per their cost. The high-end bikes have higher premiums when compared to standard bikes.
- Bike Modifications – Modifications in a bike may improve its looks and performance, but to cover those modifications and accessories your insurance premium will also increase.
- Add-on Covers – Insurers offer different add-on covers for bike insurance plan. To add them in your policy, you will have to pay an additional premium that increases the policy premium.
- Anti-Theft Devices - Anti-theft devices lessen the probability of bike theft which reduces the risk for the insurers too due to which they reward the insured with a lower premium.
How to raise a bike insurance claim online?
You can raise a bike insurance claim online with the below-given steps:
Step 1: Raise a claim at your insurer’s website or mobile app
Step 2: You will get a claim registration number from your insurer.
Step 3: Insurer will send a surveyor to examine the damage extent.
Step 4: Take your damaged bike to a garage to get repaired of your choice.
Step 5: The claim will be settled by your insurer on the basis of the chosen garage.
Bike Insurance News
- How to Renew An HDFC ERGO Two Wheeler Insurance On...
Read this article to take a note of the things that you shou...24 September 2021
- How to Switch From Third-Party to Comprehensive Bi...
Read this article to note the things that you should conside...23 September 2021
- All About No Claim Bonus In Bike Insurance
Read this article to take a note of the things that you shou...23 September 2021
- GST on Two-wheeler Insurance: Impact and Rate Chan...
There are many Impact and rate changes in GST on bike insura...22 September 2021
- 3 Easy Ways to Check Bike Insurance Policy Expiry ...
If you have misplaced your bike inusrance, you can always ch...21 September 2021
- Road Safety Tips for Two-Wheeler Riders
Here are some road safety tips for two-wheeler or bike rider...06 August 2021
- How To Renew IFFCO Tokio Bike Insurance Policy?
Read this article to find out how you can renew your Bike in...28 July 2021
- All You Need To Know About Personal Accident Cover...
Read this article to find out everything you need to know ab...03 August 2021
- How to Save More on Two-Wheeler Insurance?
Here are some tips with which you can save more money on you...29 July 2021
- How To Make Your Two-Wheeler Monsoon Ready?
Read this article to find out easy steps to keep your two-wh...01 August 2021
*Standard T&C Apply. All savings/offers are provided by the Insurers, which are subject to modification .For more details on risk factors, terms and conditions, please read the sales brochure of respective insurers carefully before concluding a sale. Tax benefits are subject to changes in applicable tax laws. Girnar Insurance Brokers Private Limited, (CIN: U66010RJ2016PTC054811, Regd .Off: Girnar 21, Govind Marg, Moti Doongari Road, Dharam Singh Circle, Jaipur, Rajasthan- 302004; Corp. Off: 11th Floor, Tower B, Emaar Digital Greens, Golf Course Extension Road, Sector-61, Gurugram-122102, Haryana. IRDAI License no 588. Direct Broker (Life & General) valid till 19th March 2023. Email - firstname.lastname@example.org ; Helpline number: 7551196989.
You authorise Girnar Insurance Brokers Pvt Ltd (insurancedekho) to contact you through call, SMS, email, WhatsApp or any other mode in future. You hereby override your NDNC registration.