DHFL Comprehensive Car Insurance
The comprehensive car insurance provided by DHFL General Insurance is known as CocoDrive Private Car Package Policy. As the name suggests, the DHFL comprehensive car insurance policy provides insurance to the policyholder against third party liabilities as well as own-damages incurred by the policyholder’s car in any unfortunate event.
The CocoDrive Private Car Package Policy provided by DHFL General Insurance adds an extra layer of protection to your car. It assures you an extensive coverage against losses incurred to and caused by the insured’s car.
DHFL Comprehensive Car Insurance vs Third Party Car Insurance
Comprehensive car insurance
Third Party car insurance
A comprehensive policy covers the financial and legal liabilities of the third party as well as the own damages incurred by the insured’s car.
It provides coverage only for third party liabilities in case of a mishap involving the insured’s car.
The policyholder can stretch the coverage of the policy by opting for add-on covers such as zero depreciation, consumables cover etc.
Add-ons are not available with a third party insurance plan.
The premium of a comprehensive plan is relatively higher due to its extensive coverage.
The premium of a third party plan is relatively lower due to its limited coverage.
What Is Covered Under DHFL Comprehensive car Insurance Plan?
DHFL comprehensive car insurance provides coverage for the following:
- Third party liabilities: The insurer provides compensation for the loss suffered by a third party due to the insured’s car. It compensates for the property damage of the third party up to Rs. 7.5 lakh. In case of bodily injury/ disability/ death of the third party, the compensation amount to be paid by the insurer is decided by a court of law.
- Own Damage incurred by the insured’s car: The CocoDrive Private Car Package Policy offered by DHFL General Insurance provides coverage for the damage sustained by the insured’s car in the following scenarios:
- Fire, explosion, self-ignition or lightning
- Burglary, housebreaking or theft
- Riot and strike
- Earthquake (fire and shock damage), landslide, rockslide, flood, typhoon, hurricane, storm, tempest inundation cyclone, hailstorm, frost
- Accidental external means
- Malicious act
- Terrorist activity
- Whilst in transit by road rail inland-waterway lift elevator or air
- Save upto 75%*Lowest Car Premiums
- 11.5 Lakh+Happy Customers
- Claim Support7 days a week
*TP price for less than 1000cc four wheeler. All savings/offers are provided by the Insurers which are subject to modification. Terms and conditions apply
What Is Not Covered Under DHFL Comprehensive car Insurance?
DHFL comprehensive car insurance refrains from providing coverage under the following circumstances.
- In case of an accident beyond the predetermined geographical extent.
- In case of accidents where the car was not driven by the described person at the time of the accident
- In case of absence of a valid driving licence
- For an accident due to contractual agreement.
- In the case the driver of the insured’s car was under intoxication
- In case of conflict or war, mutiny or nuclear risk
Benefits of DHFL Comprehensive car Insurance
DHFL comprehensive car insurance provides the following advantages to its policyholder.
- The insurer relieves the policyholder from the financial and legal burden of the third party liabilities.
- The insurer compensates for the “own damage” incurred by the insured’s car.
- The plan helps to extend the basic coverage with the help of a number of add-on covers.
- Availability of emergency/ roadside assistance is available.
- Quick claim settlement process.
Calculate Your Car Insurance
DHFL Car Insurance User Reviews
- Most Helpful
- Cashless Garages
- Add On
434 Dhfl Cashless Garages in India
Insurance Products by Dhfl General Insurance
DHFL Comprehensive Car Insurance FAQs
What additional benefits does a comprehensive policy offer over a third-party plan?
Apart from coverage against third party liabilities, a comprehensive car insurance policy also covers repair costs of insured’s car termed as own-damages.
Can I extend the coverage of my CocoDrive Private Car Package Policy?
Yes, you can extend the coverage of your CocoDrive Private Car Package Policy by opting for required add-ons such as zero depreciation cover, engine cover, lost key cover, etc.
What is a cashless claim?
If your vehicle is repaired in any of the garages registered with DHFL General Insurance, then the insurer will pay the repairing cost directly to the garage. This type of claim is known as a ‘Cashless Claim’.
How is the premium amount decided?
Premium of your insurance plan depends on a number of factors such as the car’s Insured Declared Value (IDV), engine capacity, RTO zone, driving location etc.
What all coverage is offered under DHFL comprehensive car insurance plan?
A policyholder gets covered against loss or damages incurred by their own vehicle and other third party financial liabilities including both third party property and third party person.
Why to buy from InsuranceDekho?
- Instant policy # within 5 mins
- More than 45 Lac happy customers
- Claim Support available all 7 days of the week
Car Insurance News
- NOC process in car insurance
Read on to understand all about the NOC process in car insur...27 January 2023
- Does Credit Score Impact Car Insurance?
Credit score is an important factor taken into account by ca...24 January 2023
- KYC Process In Car Insurance
Read on to understand about the KYC process in car insurance...23 January 2023
- Process to Get PUC Online
A Pollution Under Check Certificate or PUC is an important d...20 January 2023
- Reasons for Car Accident in India
Read on to understand about the common reasons for car accid...19 January 2023