- Services rendered in 110+ Indian cities directly and other 350+ locations via satellite resources.
- More than 14,000 branches across India
- Offers 16000+ cashless network garage services across India.
- IAAA rating for highest claim paying ability.
SBI General Comprehensive Insurance
SBI General helps you to deal with all the uncertainly that you face when on the road with its Comprehensive Private Car Insurance policy.
SBI General comprehensive car insurance plan comes with a range of benefits. Instead of the limited coverage, which is offered with Act Only cover, a comprehensive plan insures your car and you along with covering third-party liabilities. Having a comprehensive cover means that the insurer will bear the liability arising from damage/theft to the insured car, injury/death of the policyholder, injury/death of the third party and any third-party property. This includes coverage from fire, explosion, self-ignition, accidental damage by external means, natural or man-made calamities, riots, etc. You will also get an additional discount on premium if you opt for Voluntary Excess along with Compulsory Excess.
SBI General has the iAAA rating for its highest claim settlement ability.
Benefits of SBI General Comprehensive
SBI General Comprehensive car insurance policy eliminates the need to spend heavy sums after an accident. Thanks to the vast coverage, it exempts you from reimbursing to a number of things. SBI General comprehensive car insurance policy brings the following benefits:
- It covers expenses of several things after a road-mishap including compensation for damage/theft of your car, injury/death of a third-party/policyholder and any third-party property damages.
- SBI General offers you a 24*7 assistance of well-trained professional customer care executives.
- SBI General car insurance policyholders also have the opportunity to repair their damaged cars in any of the cashless garage authorised by the company.
- You will also be available to purchase a number of add-on covers that prove to be highly practical during claim settlement.
SBI Geneal COmp Claim Process
1) Initiation of Claim
Get in touch with SBI General immediately and inform them about the accident and location. This will initiate the claim process. To reach SBI General, call the toll free number 1800 22 1111 or SMS "CLAIM" to 561612 or email your details on firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, you can also initiate the claim online post filling basic details: https://www.sbigeneral.in/SBIG/intimate-claim
2) Confirmation of the process
The claims manager/executive will contact you within 24 hours of registering the claim and provide a claim number/reference number. This also means that your claim request has been accepted by the company.
3) Registration of FIR
Lodging an FIR at the nearest police station is mandatory in case of grave injury to any person or theft of the vehicle. Also, explain about the accident (if asked) and furnish the details of witnesses (if any) to the company.
4) Service at workshop
Tow/drive your damaged car to the nearest cashless garage for repairs. SBI General has a network of more 2500 garages for cashless claim settlement. Furthermore, you also need to submit the required documents to the claims manager/executive and get them verified against the originals.
5) Sit and relax
SBI General will sanction the claim amount post completion of documentation and all necessary formalities. All admissible claims are settled within a maximum of 30 days of receipt of the final survey report or the last relevant and necessary document.
Explore Sbi Car Insurance
SBI General Car Insurance User Reviews
- Most Helpful
616 Sbi Cashless Garages in India
SBI Comprehensive Car Insurance FAQs
Can I buy a SBI General comprehensive car policy premiums online?Yes, SBI General has a dedicated portal on its website, which can be used to buy a new car insurance policy. Moreover, you can also renew your existing policy through the portal. For more details, contact Insurancedekho at 7551196989.
Will I be entitled to any discount if no claim is filed during the policy tenure?Yes, you will be entitled to get No Claim Bonus (NCB) if no claim is lodged during the insurance period. The discount increases for every claim-free years up to 5 years.
Is there any way to retain NCB after a claim?This is only possible if you have the NCB Protection add-on cover over your standard SBI insurance policy. However, this protection will also become void if more than one claim is filed during the policy period.
I want to sell my car, how can I transfer my policy to the new owner?The SBI General car insurance policy is transferable. You just need to submit an application and fill the necessary details in the application form. The company may charge a minimal fee for the same.
Can I cover my personal belonging in the existing policy?Yes, you can get your personal belongings covered against payment of an additional premium. However, this allowance only covers the personal belongings of the policyholder and not others travelling in your car.
Why to Buy Car Insurance Policy from InsuranceDekho?
- Instant policy# within 5 mins
- More than 11.5 Lac happy customers
- Claim Support available all 7 days of the week
Latest Car Insurance News
- Reasons Why You Need Car Insurance For Autonomous ...
Autonomous vehicles may get you excited with each new car be...17 August 2020
- Top Car Insurance Companies Providing Personal Acc...
On the basis of Health Insurance Claim settlement ratio, her...30 April 2020
- Cashless Car Insurance Policy Usefulness
What is cashless motor insurance all about? Let’s get into t...27 April 2020
- Types of Car Insurance Policies in India
Let’s explore about car insurance policy types in India. Aft...24 April 2020
- Return to Invoice Add-On Cover For Car Insurance
Explore return to invoice add-on cover in Car Insurance in ...23 April 2020
- Know What is NCB in Car Insurance Online India
All You Need To Know About No Claim Bonus On Car Insurance O...22 April 2020