Why Should I Buy a Women's Health Insurance Plan?
You should invest in a women's health insurance plan to ensure financial independence and stability during a medical emergency such as a sudden accident or illness.
If planning to start a family, choosing women-specific health insurance will help you gain coverage for your maternity-related expenses.
Women's health insurance also helps you have coverage for women-specific critical illnesses such as breast cancer, ovarian cancer, stroke, kidney failure, and other critical diseases.
Other Key Reasons To Purchase A Women’s Health Insurance Plan Include:
- Affordable premium amount
- Cover for maternity expenses
- Cover for expenses related to the newborn baby
- Cover for preventive health check-ups
- Quick addition of family members to the policy
- Tax benefits under Section 80D of the Income Tax Act, 1961
How To Buy the Best Women Health Insurance?
There are a variety of women's health insurance plans available from different insurance companies.
There it becomes imperative to compare different women's health insurance plans on the following parameters. The comparison will help you choose the women health insurance plan which suits your requirements in the best possible manner:
- Policy term
- Sum insured range
- Maternity benefits
- Cover for critical illnesses
- Maximum policy renewal age
- Preventive health check-ups
- Pre-hospitalization & post-hospitalization expenses
- Waiting period for pre-existing diseases
- The network of insurer partner hospitals offering cashless claim facility
- Co-payment option
- Additional benefits like organ donor expenses, convalescence benefit, daily hospital cash benefit, and others
- Premium amount