Kotak Comprehensive Car Insurance
Kotak General offers a comprehensive car insurance as Kotak Car Secure. This policy offers extensive coverage. It assures all-round safety for you and your car and saves you from paying hefty expenses after an accident. The policy cover includes protection for damages incurred on the insured vehicle, which can happen in an accident, calamities and because of a number of reasons. It also indemnifies for the third party loses such injury/death of a person travelling in a car or on the road and cover of up to Rs 7.5 lakh to compensate third party property damages. Moreover, you can also opt for a personal accident cover for you as well as for the co-passengers. Given the damaged roads and traffic indiscipline, a comprehensive plan becomes a must for every car owner.
Kotak Comprehensive Car Insurance Vs Third Party Car Insurance
Third Party Cover
Extent of coverage
Comprehensive plan offers an extensive policy, which covers damage/theft of the insured vehicle, injury of the policyholder and third party liabilities as well (up to Rs 7.5 lakh in case of third party property damages).
It only covers injury/death of a third party and third party property damages of up to Rs 7.5 lakh.
|Availability of Add-ons|
All add-on covers such as roadside assistance, depreciation cover, return to invoice, etc. are available with the Kotak comprehensive policy.
No add-on covers are available for purchase with the third party liability cover.
It is expensive owing to the wider cover plan.
It is relatively cheap because of its limited coverage.
What All Is Covered Under Kotak Comprehensive Car Insurance Plan?
Kotak comprehensive car insurance provides coverage for the following aspects:
- Theft of the insured vehicle.
- Policy cover of Rs 7.5 lakh for third party property damage.
- Injury/death of a third party walking on a road or travelling in another vehicle.
- Damages incurred to the insured vehicle in an accident occurred on the road.
- Damages incurred to the insured vehicle by a natural or man-made calamity.
What All Is Not Covered Under Kotak Comprehensive Car Insurance?
Kotak comprehensive car insurance policy does not provide coverage for the following:
- Normal wear and tear
- In case of willful negligence
- Mechanical or electrical breakdown
- Damage caused due to contractual liability
- In case of absence of a valid licence while driving
- Driving under the influence of alcohol or intoxicating drugs.
- For any damage incurred during war, nuclear risk, mutiny rebellion, etc.
- Save upto 75%*Lowest Car Premiums
- 11.5 Lakh+Happy Customers
- Claim Support7 days a week
*TP price for less than 1000cc four-wheeler. All savings/offers are provided by the Insurers which are subject to modification. Terms and conditions apply
Benefits of Kotak Comprehensive Car Insurance
Kotak comprehensive car insurance provides several benefits to the policyholders which are as follow:
- Online premium payment and policy renewal method.
- Unlimited liability for compensation for injury/death of a third party.
- Availability of a range of add-on covers including Return to Invoice add-on.
- No Claim Bonus discount of up to 50% on premiums at the time of renewal.
- Hassle-free cashless servicing at over 1,300 garages spread across the country.
- Damage cover for a third party property (up to Rs 7.5 lakh) and for your car equivalent to its IDV.
- Availability of optional personal accident cover for the policyholder as well as the co-passengers.
Calculate Your Car Insurance
Kotak User Reviews
- Most Helpful
- Cashless Garages
- Add On
209 Kotak Cashless Garages in India
Kotak Comprehensive Car Insurance FAQs
What is Road Side Assistance?
Road Side Assistance is an add-on cover that helps you to request necessary help in case you are stranded on a road or any remote location because of the reasons such as Fuel Shortage, Towing Assistance in Case of an Accident or Breakdown, Tyre Puncture, Minor Damage, and Key Lost.
What is the maximum claim amount that I can get in my Kotak comprehensive car insurance policy?
The maximum claim amount equals to the sum insured under the policy. It is offered in case of the constructive total loss of the insured vehicle. The total sum insured depends on the Insured Declared Value (IDV) of your vehicle.
What is not covered under the Kotak comprehensive car insurance policy?
The situations which are not covered under the Kotak comprehensive car insurance policy include Wear and tear and depreciation of the insured vehicle, Mechanical or electrical breakdown unless not opted for Engine Cover, Contractual liability, Vehicle’s consumables such as grease, lubricant, etc., Personal belongings, and Bodily injury/death of the policyholder and co-passengers unless opted for the personal accident cover.
What is NCB?
No Claim Bonus or NCB is a discount on premiums for claim-free years offered by all insurers for car insurance policies. The discount can be availed up to 50% on the premiums.
How can I buy a Kotak comprehensive car insurance policy?
You can purchase Kotak comprehensive car insurance policy in the following ways:
- Through its official website
- By calling on its toll-free number 1800-266-4545
- By visiting the nearest branch.
Why to buy from InsuranceDekho?
- Instant policy # within 5 mins
- More than 45 Lac happy customers
- Claim Support available all 7 days of the week
Car Insurance News
- NOC process in car insurance
Read on to understand all about the NOC process in car insur...27 January 2023
- Does Credit Score Impact Car Insurance?
Credit score is an important factor taken into account by ca...24 January 2023
- KYC Process In Car Insurance
Read on to understand about the KYC process in car insurance...23 January 2023
- Process to Get PUC Online
A Pollution Under Check Certificate or PUC is an important d...20 January 2023
- Reasons for Car Accident in India
Read on to understand about the common reasons for car accid...19 January 2023