Kotak Comprehensive Car Insurance
Kotak General offers a comprehensive car insurance policy as Kotak Car Secure. This policy offers extensive coverage. It assures all-round safety for you and your car and saves you from paying hefty expenses after an accident. The policy cover includes protection for damages incurred on the insured vehicle, which can happen in an accident, calamities and because of a number of reasons. It also indemnifies for the third party loses such injury/death of a person travelling in a car or on the road and cover of up to Rs 7.5 lakh to compensate third party property damages. Moreover, you can also opt for a personal accident cover for you as well as for the co-passengers. Given the damaged roads and traffic indiscipline, a comprehensive plan becomes a must for every car owner.
Kotak General Comprehensive Policy Vs Third Party Cover
Third Party Cover
Extent of coverage
Comprehensive plan offers an extensive policy, which covers damage/theft of the insured vehicle, injury of the policyholder and third party liabilities as well (up to Rs 7.5 lakh in case of third party property damages).
It only covers injury/death of a third party and third party property damages of up to Rs 7.5 lakh.
|Availability of Add-ons|
All add-on covers such as roadside assistance, depreciation cover, return to invoice, etc. are available with the Kotak comprehensive policy.
No add-on covers are available for purchase with the third party liability cover.
It is expensive owing to the wider cover plan.
It is relatively cheap because of its limited coverage.
Kotak Comprehensive Car Insurance Coverage
- Injury/death of a third party walking on a road or travelling in another vehicle.
- Policy cover of Rs 7.5 lakh for third party property damage.
- Damages incurred to the insured vehicle in an accident occurred on the road.
- Damages incurred to the insured vehicle by a natural or man-made calamity.
- Theft of the insured vehicle.
Kotak Comprehensive Car Insurance Policy Benefits
- Damage cover for a third party property (up to Rs 7.5 lakh) and for your car equivalent to its IDV.
- Unlimited liability for compensation for injury/death of a third party.
- Availability of optional personal accident cover for the policyholder as well as the co-passengers.
- Availability of a range of add-on covers including Return to Invoice add-on.
- No Claim Bonus discount of up to 50% on premiums at the time of renewal.
- Hassle-free cashless servicing at over 3,300 garages spread across the country.
- Online premium payment and policy renewal method.
Kotak User Reviews
Kotak Comprehensive Car Insurance FAQs
What is Road Side Assistance?Road Side Assistance is an add-on cover that helps you to request necessary help in case you are stranded on a road or any remote location because of the following reasons: Fuel Shortage Towing Assistance in Case of an Accident or Breakdown Tyre Puncture Minor Damage Key Lost
What is the maximum claim amount that I can get in my Kotak comprehensive car insurance policy?The maximum claim amount equals to the sum insured under the policy. It is offered in case of constructive total loss of the insured vehicle. The total sum insured depends on the Insured Declared Value (IDV) of your vehicle.
What is not covered under the Kotak comprehensive car insurance policy?The following are not covered under the Kotak comprehensive car insurance policy: Wear and tear and depreciation of the insured vehicle. - Mechanical/electrical breakdown unless not opted for Engine Cover. - Contractual liability. - Vehicle’s consumables such as grease, lubricant, etc. - Personal belongings. - Bodily injury/death of the policyholder and co-passengers, unless opted for the personal accident cover.
What is NCB?No Claim Bonus or NCB is a discount on premiums for claim-free years offered by all insurers for car insurance policies. The discount can be availed up to 50% on the premiums.