Return to Invoice Cover for Car Insurance
Standard comprehensive as well as standalone own-damage plan provides you an insurance coverage for the own-damages sustained by the insured’s car in an unfortunate event including road accidents, natural/man-made calamities, fire, theft, riots, etc. The amount of compensation depends on the Insured Declared Value (IDV) of the insured’s car mentioned in the car insurance policy document.
When the cost of repair of the insured’s car is more than 75% of the IDV, the damage is termed as total loss.In case of a total loss, the policyholder is entitled to receive the IDV amount as compensation. However, this IDV is lesser than the invoice amount which the policyholder had actually paid at the time of purchasing the car. The invoice price includes registration charges as well as road tax charges in addition to the selling price of the car.
However, by opting for a Return To Invoice (RTI) car insurance add-on cover, the policyholder can bridge the gap between the IDV and the invoice price. Return To Invoice cover, also known as Invoice Protection Cover, helps the policyholder to receive a claim amount equivalent to the cost of your car mentioned in its invoice. With this add-on clubbed with a comprehensive or standalone own-damage car insurance plan, the policyholder can receive an amount equivalent to the on-road price of the car in the case of total loss.
Features of Return To Invoice Cover
- Available with comprehensive car insurance plans and standalone own-damage plans.
- Costs around 10% more than standard comprehensive/standalone own-damage policy but helps the policyholder get registration charges, depreciation amount as well as road tax charges in addition to the selling price of the car in case of total loss.
- It is applicable only if the insured’s car is extremely damaged and is not in a usable condition. It is not applicable in case of minor damages.
Who Should Opt For Return To Invoice Cover?
Ideally, the Return To Invoice cover should be opted by all car owner, however it is extremely important for the following people:
- People living in areas where car theft is common
- People do not have secure parking spaces
- People who travel for long distances regularly and are vulnerable to road accidents.
Find Right Car Insurance Quotes by Cars Body Type
- View Tata Altroz Insurance Quotes
- View Hyundai Elite i20 Insurance Quotes
- View Maruti Swift Insurance Quotes
- View Maruti Baleno Insurance Quotes
- View Renault KWID Insurance Quotes
- View Hyundai Grand i10 Insurance Quotes
- View Maruti Dzire Insurance Quotes
- View Honda City 4th Generation Insurance Quotes
- View Honda City Insurance Quotes
- View Hyundai Aura Insurance Quotes
- View Hyundai Verna Insurance Quotes
- View Honda Amaze Insurance Quotes
- View Toyota Urban Cruiser Insurance Quotes
- View Kia Sonet Insurance Quotes
- View Kia Seltos Insurance Quotes
- View Mahindra Thar Insurance Quotes
- View Hyundai Creta Insurance Quotes
- View Hyundai Venue Insurance Quotes
- View Maruti Ertiga Insurance Quotes
- View Toyota Innova Crysta Insurance Quotes
- View Renault Triber Insurance Quotes
- View Maruti XL6 Insurance Quotes
- View Mahindra Marazzo Insurance Quotes
- View Toyota Vellfire Insurance Quotes
- View Land Rover Range Rover Insurance Quotes
- View Audi A6 Insurance Quotes
- View BMW X5 Insurance Quotes
- View Land Rover Range Rover Velar Insurance Quotes
- View BMW 3 Series Insurance Quotes
- View Volvo XC90 Insurance Quotes
Add-ons For Your Car Insurance Policy
Car Companies User Reviews
Return to Invoice Cover for Car Insurance FAQ
Can I opt for a Return To Invoice add-on with a third party car insurance plan?
No. Like all other car insurance add-ons, the Return To Invoice add-on is not available with a third party car insurance plan.
When can I opt for the Return To Invoice cover?
You can opt for the Return To Invoice cover either at the time of policy purchase or its renewal.
Can I add other add-ons also along with the Return To Invoice cover to my car insurance plan?
Yes, you can add as many add-ons as you wish with the Return To Invoice cover to your standard comprehensive/standalone own-damage car insurance policy.
Can I use my Return To Invoice cover in case of minor damages?
No, the Return To Invoice cover is applicable only in case of total case i.e. when the cost of repair is more than 75% of the IDV.
Will the Return To Invoice cover compensate for the road tax paid by me at the time of purchase of my car?
Yes, the Return To Invoice cover will provide a compensation amount equivalent to the amount mentioned in the invoice which includes car registration charges and applicable taxes.
Car Insurance News
- Does Car Insurance Premium Go Up After Claiming fo...
Do car accidents affect insurance premium? Does car insuranc...28 October 2020
- Should You Buy Insurance For a Stored Car
Do I need insurance for a stored car? Let’s read about some ...27 October 2020
- How to Compare Car Insurance Policies To Choose Ri...
Not sure, which car insurance to buy? Let us help you choose...27 October 2020
- Mistakes Leading To Car Insurance Claim Rejection
Do you know common reasons why motor insurance claims get re...26 October 2020
- Claim Car Insurance After Accident Explained
Read on to see our step by step guide on claiming car insura...26 October 2020
- Know Which Are the Best Car Insurance Companies in...
Here is a list of the best car insurers in terms of claim se...20 September 2019
- Which Insurance Company Provides the Cheapest Car ...
Here is a list of car insurance plans available at reasonabl...24 September 2019
- How to Claim Car Insurance After Meeting an Accide...
Browse step by step experts guide on how to make a car insur...23 December 2019
- Is Personal Accident Cover for Owner-Driver Compul...
Every car owner in India is mandatorily required to have a p...09 December 2019
- Things to Know About Multi Year Car Insurance Poli...
There are multiple benefits of a multi year car insurance po...09 January 2020