Return to Invoice Cover Add-on in Car Insurance Policy
Return to Invoice Cover for Car Insurance
Standard comprehensive as well as standalone own-damage plan provides you an insurance coverage for the own-damages sustained by the insured’s car in an unfortunate event including road accidents, natural/man-made calamities, fire, theft, riots, etc. The amount of compensation depends on the Insured Declared Value (IDV) of the insured’s car mentioned in the car insurance policy document.
When the cost of repair of the insured’s car is more than 75% of the IDV, the damage is termed as total loss.In case of a total loss, the policyholder is entitled to receive the IDV amount as compensation. However, this IDV is lesser than the invoice amount which the policyholder had actually paid at the time of purchasing the car. The invoice price includes registration charges as well as road tax charges in addition to the selling price of the car.
However, by opting for a Return To Invoice (RTI) car insurance add-on cover, the policyholder can bridge the gap between the IDV and the invoice price. Return To Invoice cover, also known as Invoice Protection Cover, helps the policyholder to receive a claim amount equivalent to the cost of your car mentioned in its invoice. With this add-on clubbed with a comprehensive or standalone own-damage car insurance plan, the policyholder can receive an amount equivalent to the on-road price of the car in the case of total loss.
Features of Return To Invoice Cover
- Available with comprehensive car insurance plans and standalone own-damage plans.
- Costs around 10% more than standard comprehensive/standalone own-damage policy but helps the policyholder get registration charges, depreciation amount as well as road tax charges in addition to the selling price of the car in case of total loss.
- It is applicable only if the insured’s car is extremely damaged and is not in a usable condition. It is not applicable in case of minor damages.
Who Should Opt For Return To Invoice Cover?
Ideally, the Return To Invoice cover should be opted by all car owner, however it is extremely important for the following people:
- People living in areas where car theft is common
- People do not have secure parking spaces
- People who travel for long distances regularly and are vulnerable to road accidents.
Find Right Car Insurance Quotes by Cars Body Type
- View Hyundai i20 Insurance Quotes
- View Maruti Swift Insurance Quotes
- View Tata Altroz Insurance Quotes
- View Maruti Baleno Insurance Quotes
- View Renault KWID Insurance Quotes
- View Hyundai Grand i10 Insurance Quotes
- View Maruti Dzire Insurance Quotes
- View Honda City 4th Generation Insurance Quotes
- View Honda City Insurance Quotes
- View Hyundai Verna Insurance Quotes
- View Honda Amaze Insurance Quotes
- View Hyundai Aura Insurance Quotes
- View Mahindra Thar Insurance Quotes
- View Hyundai Creta Insurance Quotes
- View Kia Seltos Insurance Quotes
- View Kia Sonet Insurance Quotes
- View Toyota Fortuner Insurance Quotes
- View MG Hector Insurance Quotes
- View Maruti Ertiga Insurance Quotes
- View Renault Triber Insurance Quotes
- View Maruti XL6 Insurance Quotes
- View Mahindra Marazzo Insurance Quotes
- View Toyota Vellfire Insurance Quotes
- View Datsun GO Plus Insurance Quotes
Car Insurance Companies Reviews & Ratings
Return to Invoice Cover for Car Insurance FAQ
Can I opt for a Return To Invoice add-on with a third party car insurance plan?
No. Like all other car insurance add-ons, the Return To Invoice add-on is not available with a third party car insurance plan.
When can I opt for the Return To Invoice cover?
You can opt for the Return To Invoice cover either at the time of policy purchase or its renewal.
Can I add other add-ons also along with the Return To Invoice cover to my car insurance plan?
Yes, you can add as many add-ons as you wish with the Return To Invoice cover to your standard comprehensive/standalone own-damage car insurance policy.
Can I use my Return To Invoice cover in case of minor damages?
No, the Return To Invoice cover is applicable only in case of total case i.e. when the cost of repair is more than 75% of the IDV.
Will the Return To Invoice cover compensate for the road tax paid by me at the time of purchase of my car?
Yes, the Return To Invoice cover will provide a compensation amount equivalent to the amount mentioned in the invoice which includes car registration charges and applicable taxes.
Car Insurance News
- How to Claim NCB on New Car Insurance Policy Premi...
To know how to claim NCB on new car insurance policy premium...20 January 2021
- Car Insurance Online Vs Offline: Which is Better?
Check this post to explore differences between car insurance...20 January 2021
- Why Is It Important to Renew Car Insurance on Time...
Know in this post why it is important to renew car insurance...19 January 2021
- Things to Consider When Buying Car Insurance in In...
Planning to buy car insurance in India? This post is for you...19 January 2021
- Different Types of Cars Explained! A Detailed Guid...
Read along to learn about different types of cars.18 January 2021
- Going On A Road Trip? Read This!
Wondering what to do before heading out on the road with you...04 January 2021
- How To Keep Your Car Battery Healthy?
The car battery is an essential part of the vehicle. In this...02 January 2021
- Endorsement in Car Insurance
What is ‘endorsement’ in car insurance? Read this article to...02 January 2021
- Understanding Return To Invoice Cover In Car Insur...
Bought a new Car? The Return to Invoice Cover may be a prude...01 January 2021
- What is the Bumper To Bumper Add-On Cover?
Confused what the bumper to bumper add--on cover offers? Rea...03 January 2021