Return to Invoice Cover (RTI) in Car Insurance
Return to Invoice is an add-on option that covers the gap between the insured declared value and the invoice value of your car along with the registration and other applicable taxes. RTI helps in fetching the purchase value (on-road price) of the car in case of theft or total loss. When the cost of repair cost is over 75% of the IDV, it is considered a total loss. However, it is applicable if your car is extremely damaged and becomes unusable, but for small damages, this cover is not applicable.
- Save upto 75%*Lowest Car Premiums
- 45 Lakh+Happy Customers
- Claim Support7 days a week
*TP price for less than 1000cc four wheeler. All savings/offers are provided by the Insurers which are subject to modification. Terms and conditions apply
Calculate Your Car Insurance
Standard comprehensive, as well as standalone own-damage plan, provides you insurance coverage for the own-damages sustained by the insured’s car in an unfortunate event including road accidents, natural/man-made calamities, fire, theft, riots, etc. The amount of compensation depends on the Insured Declared Value (IDV) of the insured’s car mentioned in the car insurance policy document.
When the cost of repair of the insured’s car is more than 75% of the IDV, the damage is termed as a total loss. In case of a total loss, the policyholder is entitled to receive the IDV amount as compensation. However, this IDV is lesser than the invoice amount which the policyholder had actually paid at the time of purchasing the car. The invoice price includes registration charges as well as road tax charges in addition to the selling price of the car.
However, by opting for a Return To Invoice (RTI) car insurance add-on cover, the policyholder can bridge the gap between the IDV and the invoice price. Return To Invoice cover, also known as Invoice Protection Cover, helps the policyholder to receive a claim amount equivalent to the cost of your car mentioned in its invoice. With this car insurance add-on cover clubbed with a comprehensive or standalone own-damage car insurance plan, the policyholder can receive an amount equivalent to the on-road price of the car in the case of total loss.
Features of Return To Invoice Cover
- Available with comprehensive car insurance plans and standalone own-damage plans.
- Costs around 10% more than standard comprehensive/standalone own-damage policy but helps the policyholder get registration charges, depreciation amount as well as road tax charges in addition to the selling price of the car in case of total loss.
- It is applicable only if the insured’s car is extremely damaged and is not in a usable condition. It is not applicable in case of minor damages.
Who Should Opt For Return To Invoice Cover?
Ideally, the Return To Invoice cover should be opted by all car owners, however, it is extremely important for the following people:
- People living in areas where car theft is common
- People do not have secure parking spaces
- People who travel for long distances regularly and are vulnerable to road accidents.
Benefits of Return to Invoice Add-On Cover
Some of the benefits of the Return to Invoice add on cover for your car is as follows:
Increases the Coverage
Return to Invoice add-on cover is the extra cover that the policyholder can purchase along with their standard car insurance plan. With this add-on, you can customize your insurance plan and also increase the coverage of the plan. As this cover is not provided free of cost, some policyholders refrain from buying it despite the benefits offered.
Advantageous during Complete Loss
Total loss of a car is a condition, wherein the vehicle is beyond repair, and repairing it would cost more than its resale value. Therefore, it is advisable to not spend money on the repair of the car, which is in total loss condition. Purchasing an RTI cover can act as a boon in such a condition as it would be helpful for the policyholder in getting the entire value for their car without worrying regarding the cost of repair, damage or salvage.
Coverage for New Cars
Generally, individuals are more concerned regarding their new car in comparison to the used car. Also, when the new car gets into any accident and incurs any kind of damages, the owner gets more emotionally drained. However, if an individual has bought Return to Invoice add-on cover along with the standard car insurance plan, the policyholder can get worry-less even if there is any major damage.
Car Insurance for Popular Car Models
Car Insurance Add on Covers
- Bajaj Allianz
- Bharti Axa
- Future Generali
- Hdfc Ergo
- Icici Lombard
- Iffco Tokio
- New India
- Raheja Qbe
- Royal Sundaram
- Tata Aig
- United India
- Universal Sompo
Disclaimer: InsuranceDekho does not endorse, rate or recommend any particular insurance company or insurance plan.
Find Right Car Insurance Quotes by Cars Body Type
- View Renault KWID Insurance Quotes
- View Maruti Swift Insurance Quotes
- View Maruti Baleno Insurance Quotes
- View Hyundai i20 Insurance Quotes
- View Tata Tiago Insurance Quotes
- View Tata Altroz Insurance Quotes
- View Maruti Dzire Insurance Quotes
- View Honda City 4th Generation Insurance Quotes
- View Hyundai Verna Insurance Quotes
- View Honda City Insurance Quotes
- View Volkswagen Virtus Insurance Quotes
- View Honda Amaze Insurance Quotes
- View Renault Kiger Insurance Quotes
- View Mahindra Scorpio Insurance Quotes
- View Maruti Vitara Brezza Insurance Quotes
- View Mahindra Thar Insurance Quotes
- View Mahindra XUV700 Insurance Quotes
- View Hyundai Venue Insurance Quotes
- View Renault Triber Insurance Quotes
- View Maruti Ertiga Insurance Quotes
- View Toyota Innova Crysta Insurance Quotes
- View Maruti XL6 Insurance Quotes
- View Toyota Vellfire Insurance Quotes
- View Mahindra Marazzo Insurance Quotes
Car Insurance Add-ons
Car Insurance Companies Reviews & Ratings
Return to Invoice Cover for Car Insurance FAQ
Can I opt for a Return To Invoice add-on with a third party car insurance plan?
No. Like all other car insurance add-ons, the Return To Invoice add-on is not available with a third party car insurance plan.
When can I opt for the Return To Invoice cover?
You can opt for the Return To Invoice cover either at the time of policy purchase or its renewal.
Can I add other add-ons also along with the Return To Invoice cover to my car insurance plan?
Yes, you can add as many add-ons as you wish with the Return To Invoice cover to your standard comprehensive/standalone own-damage car insurance policy.
Can I use my Return To Invoice cover in case of minor damages?
No, the Return To Invoice cover is applicable only in case of total case i.e. when the cost of repair is more than 75% of the IDV.
Will the Return To Invoice cover compensate for the road tax paid by me at the time of purchase of my car?
Yes, the Return To Invoice cover will provide a compensation amount equivalent to the amount mentioned in the invoice which includes car registration charges and applicable taxes.
Car Insurance News
- All You Need to Learn About Personal Accident Cove...
Here's all you need to know about the required personal acci...30 June 2022
- Can I Claim Insurance for Car Scratches in India?
Despite the fact that you are allowed to make a claim for Ca...29 June 2022
- What Factors Affect the Cost of SUV and Sedan Car ...
Learn about the factors that affects the cost of SUV and sed...29 June 2022
- What Is The Most Effective Way To Check Your Car I...
How Do You Check Your Car Insurance Details Using Your Regis...28 June 2022
- Car Insurance: 10 Tips That Can Save Money
How to Save Money on Car Insurance. Read this article to dis...28 June 2022
- How Do I Get an Online Car Pollution Certificate?
The Pollution Under Control Certificate, or PUC certificate,...16 May 2022
- 10 Ways To Save Money On Car Insurance
Let’s discuss some tricks on how to get the best deal on you...06 May 2022
- What Effects Can Modifications Have on Your Digit ...
Read this article to discover more about the factors that de...05 May 2022
- What Is The Best Way To Check Your Car Insurance D...
Know how you can check your car insurance details using your...04 May 2022
- What is a Cashless Car Insurance Policy, And How D...
The cashless auto insurance function is quite helpful in the...14 May 2022