HDFC ERGO Car Insurance Add on Covers
HDFC Ergo General Insurance is one of the leading car insurance providers in India. It offers a wide range of add-on coves with its car insurance plans. Car insurance add-ons are extra coverages which can be opted with comprehensive car insurance plans and standalone own-damage car insurance plans to extend the coverage of the policy in return for an additional premium.
HDFC ERGO - 6 Important Add-on Covers For Your Car Insurance Policy
Following are the add-on covers offered by HDFC Ergo General Insurance with its car insurance plans:
1. Zero Depreciation Cover
Depreciation of your car and its parts is a natural phenomenon and the liability to pay for it by default falls on you being the car owner. However, by opting for this zero depreciation add-on cover, you can shift the liability of bearing the depreciation expense to the insurer. This cover relieves you from the depreciation applicable on your car and all its metal and plastic parts as 100% except tyres and batteries which are exempted from depreciation at 50%. This add-on can be availed in case of partial loss sustained by your car.
2. Engine and Gearbox Protector
This add-on helps you extend the coverage of your car insurance plan for damage incurred by the parts of your car’s engine and gearbox due to ingression of water and leakage of lubricants. This add-on insures you against the repair/replacement cost as well as the labour cost incurred during such repairs/replacement along with engine cylinder re-boring, compression tests, and other machining charges.
3. No Claim Bonus Protection Cover
As a policyholder, you are rewarded by the insurer for not making any claim during a policy period in the form of a No Claim Bonus. NCB is provided to you in the form of a 20% to 50% discount, depending on the number of claim-free years, on the own-damage premium of your insurance plan. However, this benefit gets lost if you make even a single claim during the policy period. However, if you have a No Claim Bonus Protection Cover, you can keep your NCB intact even after making up to 3 claims during a policy period.
4. Consumables Cover
Consumables refer to those items which when put to use get consumed totally or become unfit for permanent use after the usage. Such consumables include, nuts, bolts, screws, washers, grease, collants, engine and other oils, A/C gas, bearings, battery water, filters, etc. When you opt for this add-on, the expense of this consumable is borne by the insurance provider. Under this add-on, one claim is allowed during the policy period.
5. Return To Invoice Cover
In the event of total loss or theft of your car, the insurer provides you with the Insured Declared Value (IDV) of your car as compensation. However, this IDV is less than the Invoice Price, the amount which you had paid at the time of purchasing the car. This cover helps you get the Invoice Price as compensation in the event of total loss or theft of your car. The Invoice Prices includes the ex-showroom price, road-tax as well as the registration charges of your car.
6. Emergency Assistance Cover
This cover provides you with emergency roadside assistance in the event of immobilization of your car due to mechanical or electrical breakdown and as long as the fault can be repaired at the place of immobilization within 60 minutes at the spot of immobilization. Besides the repair facility, the add-on cover provides the following services:
- Duplicate Keys- If keys your car get lost or misplaced, the insurer arranges forwarding of duplicate sets from your place of residence.
- Locked/ Lost Keys: In case you get locked-in, the insurer will come to your rescue. If required, the insurer will also tow your car to a nearest safe place.
- Battery Jump Start: If your car does not start due to the battery being discharged, the jump-start of the battery would be arranged.
- Tyre change: If your car has a punctured or burst tyre the insurer would arrange for changing it with the spare tyre carried in your car. In a case where a spare tyre cannot be used, the insurer shall either tow the vehicle to the nearest tyre repair shop or accompany you to the nearest tyre repair shop and back.
- Fuel delivery: If your car runs out of fuel, the insurer will deliver up to 5 litres of fuel (petrol or diesel only). However, cost of fuel would be paid by you.
- Emptying of the Fuel Tank: if the fuel tank of your car is filled with the wrong fuel, the insurer will bear the cost emptying it using a technician.
- Towing and Removal of the Car: In the event you car is immobilized due to the breakdown or accident and on site repair is not possible, the insurer will arrange the towing of your car to the nearest workshop or garage.