About ICICI Lombard
ICICI Lombard General Insurance Company is one of the leading private sector general insurance companies in India. It is a joint venture of ICICI Bank Limited and Canada based Fairfax Financial Holdings Limited. ICICI Lombard General Insurance Company has been consistently recognised at various award functions for its customer-centric approach as well as innovative products that it has been offering over the years.
ICICI Lombard General Insurance creates value in the market by offering general insurance solutions in various areas such as health, two-wheeler, car, travel, business, rural, home, and marine with its holistic portfolio of insurance products.
ICICI Lombard General Insurance offers a wide array of health insurance plans. The health insurance plans offered by ICICI Lombard General Insurance aim to provide wide coverage and quality service. Apart from standard health insurance plans, ICICI Lombard Health Insurance also offers a super top-up plan that covers its policyholders when the sum insured amount of their base health insurance plan gets exhausted. Thus, the insurer is committed to cater to all insurance needs of its policyholders.
How to Purchase ICICI Lombard Health Insurance Policy at InsuranceDekho?
ICICI Lombard health insurance plans can be purchased online as well as offline in a few simple steps. Read them below:
Buy ICICI Lombard Health Insurance Plan Online at InsuranceDekho
Step 1: Visit insurancedekho.com and click on the ‘health’ tab.
Step 2: Select Gender. Enter your Name and a valid Mobile number. You will receive One Time Password or OTP on the entered mobile number. Kindly enter the same.
Step 3: Select from the drop-down menu that ‘When do you want to buy the policy’. Click on the ‘View Quotes’ button.
Step 4: Select the family members you want to get insured. Click ‘Continue’.
Step 5: Select the age of the family members you want to get insured.
Step 6: Enter your email ID and City. Click ‘Submit and View Quotes’ to see the most relevant health insurance plans for you. Click on the one you want to purchase.
Step 7: Select the term of the shortlisted policy. Enter the required details. Make a payment.
Buy ICICI Lombard Health Insurance Plan Offline at InsuranceDekho
Buying ICICI Lombard health insurance offline from InsuranceDekho is even easier. You just need to call on the toll-free number 7551-196-989 any day between 9:30 AM to 6:30 PM. We are available all 7 days.
You may even write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org in case of any assistance required.
Top ICICI Lombard Health Insurance Plan Types
ICICI Lombard General Insurance offers you a wide range of health insurance plans, thereby fulfilling requirements of all groups of people be it individuals, families, corporates, women, senior citizens, etc. Following are the top ICICI Lombard Health Insurance plans:
1. ICICI Lombard Complete Health Insurance Policy: ICICI Lombard Complete Health Insurance Policy works well for you and your family members who are aged at least 3 months. With wide sum insured options ranging between Rs. 3 lakh and Rs. 50 lakh, the plan covers you against many healthcare expenses such as health check-up, wellness program, in-patient hospitalisation expenses, pre-hospitalisation expenses, post-hospitalisation expenses, etc. The plan also offers you several add-on benefits such as hospital daily cash, convalescence benefit, out-patient (OPD) cover, maternity benefit, newborn cover, critical illness cover, and wellness and preventive healthcare.
2. ICICI Lombard Health Booster Policy: ICICI Lombard Health Booster Policy is a super top-up policy that offers individual and floater cover to your family. Available for policy terms of 1 year, 2 years, and 3 years, the policy offers you sum insured options ranging between Rs. 5 lakh to Rs. 50 lakh thereby offering you wide coverage. People aged at least 3 months can enjoy several benefits under this policy such as cover for domiciliary hospitalisation, pre-hospitalisation and post-hospitalisation expenses, daycare treatments, in-patient hospitalisation expenses, road ambulance cover, etc. You can choose to pay a little extra premium and get add-on benefits like personal accident cover, hospital daily cash, convalescence benefit, critical illness cover for adults up to 60 years of age under this plan.
3. ICICI Lombard Arogya Sanjeevani Policy: ICICI Lombard Arogya Sanjeevani Policy is a perfect health insurance solution for you and your family if you are looking out for affordable options yet with sufficient coverage. The health plan covers you against many healthcare expenses if you are aged between 3 months and 65 years. These include in-patient hospitalisation expenses, pre-hospitalisation and post-hospitalisation expenses, cover for cataract treatment, AYUSH treatment, and so on. You can buy this policy for sum insured options ranging between Rs. 1 lakh and Rs. 5 lakh.
What Is A Health Insurance Top-up Plan and Why Should I Buy It?
Top-up plans are like regular health insurance plans but they cover you for hospitalisation expenses incurred over and above the sum insured limit of your existing health insurance plan. Besides, top-up plans, are also super top-up plans. The difference between the two is that super top-up plans allow you to make multiple claims within a policy year whereas only one claim is permitted under a top-up plan.
Both top-up and super top-up plans are cost-effective ways of enhancing your existing health insurance cover. Every top-up and super top-up plan comes with a deductible. A deductible is that part of the claim amount that you are required to pay before enjoying the benefits of the plan and is an important factor to consider while buying either a top-up or a super top-up plan.
ICICI Lombard General Insurance offers you a super top-up plan named ICICI Lombard Health Booster Plan that offers extended coverage to you and your family. You can be covered under this plan on an individual basis if aged at least 6 years and even include children on a floater basis if they are aged between 3 months and 5 years. The sum insured options offered under the plan range between Rs. 5 lakh to Rs. 50 lakh with deductible options of Rs. 3 lakh, Rs. 4 lakh, and Rs. 5 lakh. You are also entitled to an additional sum insured of 10% on renewal for every year a claim is not made.
Why Choose ICICI Lombard General Insurance?
ICICI Lombard General Insurance is a popular choice for many when it comes to buying health insurance plans. The following makes ICICI Lombard General Insurance a preferred choice among buyers:
- Wide Network of Hospitals: ICICI Lombard General Insurance has tie-up with more than 5,025 network hospitals where you can enjoy cashless as well as reimbursement treatment.
- Impressive Claim Settlement Ratio: With an impressive Claim Settlement Ratio of 78.67%, ICICI Lombard General Insurance is one of the most preferred choices of customers.
- Cashless Claim Settlement Within 4 Hours: ICICI Lombard General Insurance claims to settle claims within 4 hours, thereby keeping you stress-free.
- ICICI Lombard Wellness Program: ICICI Lombard General Insurance offers you a wellness program, under which you can enjoy various services. These include online HRA (tool to evaluate your health status and quality of life), Disease Management services (DMS), Medical concierge services, and free health check-ups.
Benefits of ICICI Lombard Insurance Plans
The following benefits make health insurance plans offered by ICICI Lombard General Insurance a smart choice for insuring your health:
- 100% Sum Insured Reset Feature: ICICI Lombard health insurance plans reset up to 100% of the base sum insured during a policy term if the sum insured is insufficient because of claims made previously during the year. This benefit can be once during a policy term.
- Free Value-Added Services: ICICI Lombard health insurance plans offer you free value-added services including specialist e-consultation, online chat with the doctors, health check-up, consultation on speech, audiology, and physiotherapy.
- No Entry Age Restrictions: Under ICICI Lombard health insurance plans, there is no restriction on entry age and hence you can buy them at any age during the lifetime.
- Lifetime Renewability: There is no restriction on the age of the policyholder at the time of policy renewal under ICICI Lombard health insurance plans, this means, you can enjoy lifetime renewability benefit.
- Rewards For Health Habits: ICICI Lombard health insurance plans offer you rewards in the form of wellness points for following healthy habits. You can redeem these points later as per the terms and conditions.
ICICI Lombard Health Insurance Claim Settlement Ratio
Claim Settlement Ratio (CSR) is the ratio of claims settled by a health insurance company against the total number of claims admitted. CSR is one of the most important factors while selecting a health insurance company. It reflects how well the company settles claims.
ICICI Lombard General Insurance has been consistent with a good Claim Settlement Ratio and hence is a promising insurance provider. See the table below to learn about the Claim Settlement Ratio registered by the insurer in the past few years:
Claim Settlement Ratio
(Source: IBAI’s General Insurance Claim Insights Handbook For Policyholders - 4th & 5th Edition)
Network Hospitals of ICICI Lombard General Insurance
A network hospital is a hospital that a health insurance company has a tie-up with for mutual benefits. The policyholders can avail treatment at these hospitals without any hassle. ICICI Lombard General Insurance has more than 5,025 network hospitals that offer you the best quality treatment. You can avail of cashless as well as reimbursement facility without any worry at ICICI Lombard network hospitals. To search for ICICI Lombard network hospitals in your vicinity, please click here.
ICICI Lombard Health Insurance Policy Terms
ICICI Lombard health insurance plans are available with the following terms:
Minimum Entry Age
Maximum Entry Age
No restriction on maximum entry age
Policies can be renewed at all ages, i.e., anytime during the lifetime
Co-payment of 20% is applied to every admissible claim amount above deductible if the insured is aged more than 60 years.
General Waiting Period
Benefits can be availed under the policy only after completing the waiting period of 30 days except in case of injury.
Note that terms and conditions differ with various ICICI Lombard health insurance plans.
ICICI Lombard Health Insurance Claim Process
ICICI Lombard General Insurance offers a quick claim settlement process. The company claims that it settles around 3 claims every minute. You can also avail cashless or reimbursement claims under ICICI Lombard health insurance policies in a few easy steps. Read them below.
How To Avail ICICI Lombard Health Insurance Cashless Claim?
Follow the steps given below to avail cashless treatment under your ICICI Lombard health insurance plans:
Step 1: Claim Intimation
Reach a network hospital that is a part of ICICI Lombard General Insurance’s network and seek admission for your treatment. Intimate the ICICI Lombard General Insurance Company by calling on the number 1800 2666.
Note that you are required to intimate ICICI Lombard General Insurance at least 1 or 2 days in advance in case of planned hospitalisation and within 24 hours in case of unplanned hospitalisation.
Step 2: Show Your Health Card
Show your Health card along with valid ID proof at the reception of the network hospital. The hospital will then verify your credentials.
Step 3: Fill The Pre-Authorization Form
Fill in the pre-authorization form which you can find on the official website of ICICI Lombard General Insurance and fax it to the insurer.
Step 4: Claim Investigation
ICICI Lombard General Insurance will analyse your claim form and documents thoroughly and then make a suitable decision. You can check the claim status from the official website of ICICI Lombard General Insurance by navigation to the health insurance section.
Step 5: Claim Settlement
Your claim request will then be accepted, rejected, or queried. If it gets accepted, then the insurer will settle all your medical bills and costs as per the policy terms and conditions. But you will have to pay for the expenses not covered by your policy.
How To Make ICICI Lombard Health Reimbursement Claim?
You can avail reimbursement facility under ICICI Lombard health insurance plans by following the steps given below:
Step 1: Get Hospitalised
To avail reimbursement under ICICI Lombard health insurance plans, get hospitalised in the hospital of your choice of non-network hospital. Inform ICICI Lombard General Insurance when you are admitted.
Step 2: Get Treated And Pay The Bills
Once your hospitalisation/treatment is complete and you have paid the bills for the same, you must retain all bills and documents related to the treatment/hospitalization with you to file for the claim.
Step 3: Submit Bills And Documents
Submit the required bills and documents to the insurer so that it can process the claim.
Documents Required For ICICI Lombard Health Claim Reimbursement
You need to submit the following documents for ICICI Lombard health insurance claim settlement:
• Duly filled claim form with all the relevant details
• All the original hospital bills and summary
• Original discharge report
• All medicine bills and investigation reports (x-ray, blood tests, scans, etc.)
• Future line of treatment and follow-up check-ups by the relevant doctor
Step 4: Claim Settlement
ICICI Lombard will process your claim and reimburse the amount of the medical expenses incurred for the treatment as per the policy terms and conditions.
ICICI Lombard Health Insurance Renewal Process
Renewing your health insurance plan is as important as buying it is. To renew your ICICI Lombard health insurance plans, follow the easy steps listed below:
Step 1: Visit the official website of ICICI Lombard General Insurance and navigate to the health insurance policy renewal page.
Step 2: Enter your details like mobile number and Email ID.
Step 3: Click on the ‘Renew Now’ tab.
Step 4: Check policy details and premium to be paid on renewal.
Step 5: Pay online via one of the payment modes available (credit card, net banking, etc.)
Your policy has been renewed successfully. You can download and take out a print of your policy from the official website of ICICI Lombard General Insurance.
ICICI Lombard Health Insurance Tax Benefits
The premium paid on health insurance plans qualifies for tax benefit under the Income Tax Act. With the ICICI Lombard health insurance plans, you can avail the following tax benefits under Section 80D of the Income Tax Act, 1961.
Deduction under Section 80D of the Income Tax Act
Self, Family, Children
When the policyholder and parents are aged less than 60 years
When the policyholder and family members are aged below 60 years with parents aged above 60 years
When the policyholder, family members, and parents are above 60 years
Members of the Hindu Undivided Family (HUF)
ICICI Lombard Health Insurance Premium Calculation
While buying ICICI Lombard health insurance plans, you should be aware of the factors that determine the premiums. This will help you make an informed decision. Read about these factors below:
- Age: Age is an important factor that affects the ICICI Lombard health insurance premium. If you are young, you are more likely to stay fit and healthy and hence pay lesser health insurance premiums. But in case you plan to buy health insurance during a later stage in life, then your premiums will certainly be high as then you will be more vulnerable to illness and diseases.
- Pre-Existing Diseases: You have to undergo a medical test before purchasing ICICI Lombard health insurance policies where you will declare if you have any pre-existing diseases like asthma, diabetes, etc. In case you have it, then you will be required to pay a higher premium amount as you will be more likely to make a claim under your health insurance plan.
- Sum Insured Amount: Higher the sum insured amount, higher your health insurance coverage, and hence higher your insurance premium will be. So, choose your sum insured wisely but don’t go for so less that you are not even able to make the best use of your plan when in need.
- Profession: Yes, your profession affects your health insurance premium amount. You cannot be denied health insurance coverage on the basis of your occupation but the premium amount will increase or decrease accordingly. For instance, you will have to pay a higher premium amount if you are a stuntman/woman, a firefighter, or in armed forces due to the risk involved.
- Lifestyle Habits: Lifestyle habits such as smoking, drinking, etc. affect your health and hence your health insurance premium. As these habits are highly injurious to health, you will have a higher probability of seeking medical treatment for the same and therefore, will be required to pay a higher premium for the same.
What Are The Inclusions of ICICI Lombard Health Insurance Plans?
ICICI Lombard health insurance plans cover you against the following healthcare expenses:
- In-Patient Hospitalisation Expenses: ICICI Lombard health insurance plans cover you against the hospitalisation expenses incurred during your stay at the hospital for more than 24 hours. These include expenses for nursing, boarding, room rent, ICU/ICCU, blood, oxygen, etc.
- Pre-hospitalisation And Post-Hospitalisation Expenses: If covered under ICICI Lombard health insurance plans, you won’t have to pay for pre-hospitalisation and post-hospitalisation expenses incurred for a specific number of days that vary from plan to plan.
- AYUSH Treatment: ICICI Lombard health insurance plans cover you against AYUSH systems of medicines. These include Ayurveda, Unani, Siddha, and Homeopathy. You can avail of these treatments at any government hospital or government recognised institutes up to sum insured limit.
- Daycare Treatment: Daycare treatments are those for which hospitalisation of at least 24 hours is not required. For instance, cataract, tonsillectomy, sinusitis, lithotripsy, etc. ICICI Lombard health insurance plans cover around 150 such daycare treatments.
- Road Ambulance Expenses: ICICI Lombard health insurance plans offer reimbursement for the expenses incurred on road ambulance offered by a hospital or ambulance service provider in case of an emergency.
What Are The Exclusions of ICICI Lombard Health Insurance Policy?
ICICI Lombard health insurance plans do not cover you against the following expenses:
- Experimental Or Unproven Treatments: Any treatment which is done solely for the purpose of experiment, investigation, or is unproven, is not covered under ICICI Lombard health insurance plans.
- Injuries Occurred Due To Participation In Adventure Sports: ICICI Lombard does not pay for any expenses incurred on injuries that occurred due to participation in adventure sports. For instance, paragliding, water sports, and many more.
- Dental Treatment: ICICI Lombard health insurance plans do not cover you against any dental treatment or surgery if not necessitated due to an injury.
- Treatment For Obesity: Weight management treatment and services and supplies are not covered under ICICI Lombard health insurance plans. These also include treatment for obesity (including morbid obesity).
- Treatment Taken Outside India: ICICI Lombard health insurance plans do not cover you for any treatment received outside the geographical boundaries of India.
Inclusions and exclusions listed above may vary with different health insurance plans offered by ICICI Lombard General Insurance.
Health Insurance Calculator
Whom do you want the insurance for ?
Select the age of all members
Where do you live ?
Choose required Coverage for yourself?
ICICI Lombard Health Insurance Plan List
|Name of Plan||Sum Insured|
|Arogya Sanjeevani PolicyMin: 3 months; Max: 65 years||1 Lakh - 5 Lakh||Get Quotes Now|
|Corona Kavach PolicyMin:1 Day; Max: 65 Years||50,000 - 5 lakh||Get Quotes Now|
|Corona Rakshak PolicyMin: 18 Years; Max: 65 Years||50,000 - 2.5 lakh||Get Quotes Now|
|Complete Health InsuranceMin: 3 Months; Max: No Limit||5 Lakh||Get Quotes Now|
|Health BoosterMin: 3 Months; Max: No Limit||5 Lakh||Get Quotes Now|
|Rishtey Min: 3 Months; Max: 70 Years||2 Lakh||Get Quotes Now|
Claim Process at ICICI Lombard Health Insurance
- Network Hospital
- Non-Network Hospital
Claim AssistanceFor any assistance or query, call InsuranceDekho at the toll-free number 755 1196 989.
Claim IntimationEmergency hospitalisation needs intimation within 24 hours and for planned hospitalisation intimate within 1-2 days prior to admission.
Claim ProcessingFill in the pre-authorisation form and hand it over to hospital's insurance/TPA desk to initiate claim request.
Claim SettlementOnce your request is approved, claim is settled. If not approved, claim for reimbursement after discharge.
Claim AssistanceFor any assistance or query, call InsuranceDekho at the toll-free number 755 1196 989.
Claim IntimationEmergency hospitalisation needs intimation within 24 hours and for planned hospitalisation intimate within 1-2 days prior to admission.
Claim ProcessingSubmit claim form with original documents such as doctor’s reports, hospital bills, diagnostic tests, etc.
Claim SettlementOnce your request for reimbursement of expenses is approved, the claim will be settled.
886 ICICI Lombard Cashless Network Hospitals in India
Must read guide before buying ICICI Lombard Health Insurance
- As per the fresh set of guidelines issued by IRDAI, health insurance companies cannot reject policyholders' claims after 8 years of premium payment. Know more.
- The Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI) has mandatorily asked all general and health insurers to offer a standard individual COVID-19 health insurance plan by or on June 15, 2020.
- ICICI Lombard, Practo launches health insurance app for outpatient expenses
Digital Transformation of ICICI Lombard to Redefine Customer Experience with the Use of AI, Chatbot and MobilityICICI Lombard’s Girish Nayak, Chief of Customer Service, Operations & Technology has been the man behind digital transformation of ICICI Lombard
- Coronavirus claim settlement: IRDAI has asked health insurance companies to decide coronavirus claim requests within two years as COVID-19 scare spreads.
ICICI Lombard Health Insurance User Reviews
Choose ICICI Lombard Plan for
Why to Buy Health Insurance Policy Online from InsuranceDekho
- Tax benefit upto 75,000*
- Claim support everyday 10AM-7PM
- 14 Lakh+ happy customers
Explore ICICI Lombard Health Insurance
Health Insurance News
- PM Modi To Launch Covid-19 Vaccination Drive Virtu...
India is ready to begin its Covid-19 vaccination drive. PM M...15 January 2021
- So Far 102 Infected With New Covid Strain in India
The count of new Covid strain infections has reached 102 in ...14 January 2021
- India Safe from New Covid Strain Currently: ICMR
Any case of the coronavirus new strain has not been found in...22 December 2020
- Digital Transformation of ICICI Lombard to Redefin...
ICICI Lombard’s Girish Nayak, Chief of Customer Service, Ope...05 April 2019
- ICICI Lombard Partners with Practo to Launch Healt...
ICICI Lombard, Practo launches health insurance app for outp...05 April 2019
- Symbo, New-Age Insurance Broker Offer Cover for Ma...
Symbo, a new-age insurance broker is offering policies beyon...19 September 2019
ICICI Lombard Health Insurance FAQs
Why should I buy ICICI Lombard health insurance policy?
ICICI Lombard Health Insurance is a smart choice to secure yourself and your loved ones against medical contingencies. The plans offered provide comprehensive health coverage along with outpatient department (OPD) benefits, maternity cover and a host of wellness benefits. Also, there are various value added services that enable you to enhance the sum assured, in case of claim-free years.
Does ICICI Lombard health insurance policy cover accidental death and permanent total disability?
ICICI Lombard offers the Personal Protect Policy that provides coverage for Accidental Death and Permanent Total Disability (PTD). It also offers coverage for terrorism as well.
How do I cancel ICICI Lombard policy?
You can easily cancel your policy during free-look period, just fill up the form and visit any of the ICICI Lombard branches. Once request is processed, refund of premium amount will be provided after applicable deductions(in any) within 15 days.
What is the toll free number of ICICI Lombard General Insurance?
ICICI Lombard’s toll free number is 1800-2666.
What do you mean by floater option in ICICI Lombard health insurance plan?
In a floater option, a single policy under one sum insured covers all the family. It can cover, 2 adults, 2 adults, and 1 child; 1 adult and 2 children; 2 adults and 3 children; 1 adult and 1 child. The sum insured can be used by anyone or all covered under the policy until the time the limit is exhausted.
Latest Health Insurance Articles
- Best Digit Health Insurance Plans to Buy in 2021
GoDigit General insurance company offers various types of he...19 April 2021
- Easy Ways to Pay premium for National Health Insur...
National Insurance company is a leading general insurance co...19 April 2021
- Top Future Generali Health insurance Plans to Buy ...
Future Generali Health Insurance company is known to be one ...19 April 2021
- How to File a Complaint against a Health Insurance...
If you are an active owner of a health insurance plan paying...18 April 2021
- Post-COVID care: 7 Things You Must Do After Recove...
Anyone who has contracted Coronavirus, the path to recovery ...18 April 2021
- Simple Ways To Spend Your Free Time During Corona...
Want to know how to spend time at home during coronavirus lo...26 March 2020
- How to Check Star Health Insurance Policy Status a...
Do you want to check Star Health Insurance policy status onl...21 September 2020
- Government Schemes for the Benefit of Senior Citiz...
The government has many schemes to aid the senior citizens o...09 November 2020
- Best Dental Insurance Plans You can Buy Online in ...
Purchasing dental health cover brings along many benefits. R...29 January 2020
- How Medical Bills Can Help Senior Citizens in Savi...
Deductions on tax can be claimed if the medical expenses are...25 December 2020
*Standard T&C Apply. All savings/offers are provided by the Insurers, which are subject to modification .For more details on risk factors, terms and conditions, please read the sales brochure of respective insurers carefully before concluding a sale. Tax benefits are subject to changes in applicable tax laws. Girnar Insurance Brokers Private Limited, (CIN: U66010RJ2016PTC054811, Regd .Off: Girnar 21, Govind Marg, Moti Doongari Road, Dharam Singh Circle, Jaipur, Rajasthan- 302004; Corp. Off: 11th Floor, Tower B, Emaar Digital Greens, Golf Course Extension Road, Sector-61, Gurugram-122102, Haryana. IRDAI License no 588. Direct Broker (Life & General) valid till 19th March 2023. Email - email@example.com ; Helpline number: 7551196989.
You authorise Girnar Insurance Brokers Pvt Ltd (insurancedekho) to contact you through call, SMS, email, WhatsApp or any other mode in future. You hereby override your NDNC registration.