National Comprehensive Car Insurance Policy
When it comes to car insurance, at least a Third Party / Liability Only Cover is mandatory to have in India. But, merely fulfilling the eligibility is not always the best way out. The Third Party Cover provides coverage for the third party’s property damage or bodily injury or death, which have occurred due to your car. But, to get your car insured for its own damages as well, it is recommended to extend the insurance coverage by opting for a comprehensive cover.
The National Comprehensive Car Insurance Policy tends to offer coverage for the own-damages sustained by your car in addition to the third-party coverage. The policy also offers an optional cover known as personal accident cover. By adding the personal accident cover to your policy, you can also get the coverage for injuries or death suffered by you in an accident.
Although, it is not mandatory, but imperative to have this policy. It safeguards you from bearing a hefty amount due to your car’s involvement in an accident. In addition to availing these benefits of National Comprehensive Car Insurance Policy, you can opt for some add-ons too like zero depreciation cover, roadside assistance cover, engine cover and so on.
Comprehensive Policy vs Third Party Cover
Third Party Cover
It offers coverage for the loss or damage to the insured’s car in addition to bodily injury or death of the third party and third party’s property damage up to Rs. 7.5 Lakh.
It offers coverage for bodily injury or death to third parties for an unlimited amount and for third party property damages up to Rs. 7.5 Lakh.
Multiple add-on covers are available with this cover.
No add-on cover is available with the third party cover.
With extended coverage, it costs comparatively a higher amount.
With basic coverage, it costs comparatively a lower amount.
What Is Covered Under National Comprehensive Car Insurance Plan
- Loss incurred by the insured’s car in the following events:
1. Burglary or theft
2. Riot and strike
3. Terrorist Act
4. Fire, explosion, or lightning
5. Earthquakes, floods, typhoons, hailstorms, etc.
6. Rockslide or landslide incidents
7. Accidental external means and so on.
- Injury or death of third party due to an accident involving the insured’s car
- A compensation of up to Rs 7.5 lakh for third party property damages.
National Comprehensive Car Insurance Policy Benefits:
- Optional personal accident cover of up to Rs. 15 Lakh for the insured
- Optional coverage for the co-passengers in the insured’s car for up to Rs. 2 Lakh
- No-claim discounts ranging from 20% to 50% are applicable on own damage premium
- Availability of add-on covers like Zero depreciation, Engine protect, NCB protect etc.,
- Fast cashless claim settlement procedure at network garages of National General Insurance.
Explore National Car Insurance
- Read More
- Read More
- Read More
National Car Insurance User Reviews
- Most Helpful
223 National Cashless Garages in India
National Comprehensive Car Insurance FAQs
Can I opt for a 3 year comprehensive car policy under the National General Insurance Company?
Yes, you can choose for a 3 year comprehensive car policy only if your car is purchased on or after 1-9-2018.
When can I avail the No-Claim Bonus under National Comprehensive Car Insurance?
Under the National Comprehensive Car Insurance, if you successfully manage to maintain a claim-free driving year, then you can avail this No-Claim Bonus benefit at the time of policy renewal.
What are the add-on covers that I can include in my comprehensive policy?
You can include the following add-ons in your comprehensive car policy by paying extra premium:
- Zero Depreciation Cover
- Invoice Protection Cover
- NCB Protection Cover
- Engine Protection Cover etc.
What are the payment modes available at Insurance Dekho with which I can pay my premium?
You can pay your premium through debit card, credit card, and net banking at Insurance Dekho. The availability of UPI and Wallet payment methods vary from insurer to insurer.
What are the compulsory deductibles which I will have to bear for every requested claim?
The amount of the deductible is dependent on the cubic capacity of the car in the following manner:
- Rs 1,000 for cars up to 1500 cc
- Rs 2,000 for cars more than 1500 cc.
Why to Buy Car Insurance Policy from InsuranceDekho?
- Instant policy# within 5 mins
- More than 11.5 Lac happy customers
- Claim Support available all 7 days of the week
Latest Car Insurance News
- Reasons Why You Need Car Insurance For Autonomous ...
Autonomous vehicles may get you excited with each new car be...17 August 2020
- Top Car Insurance Companies Providing Personal Acc...
On the basis of Health Insurance Claim settlement ratio, her...30 April 2020
- Cashless Car Insurance Policy Usefulness
What is cashless motor insurance all about? Let’s get into t...27 April 2020
- Types of Car Insurance Policies in India
Let’s explore about car insurance policy types in India. Aft...24 April 2020
- Return to Invoice Add-On Cover For Car Insurance
Explore return to invoice add-on cover in Car Insurance in ...23 April 2020
- Know What is NCB in Car Insurance Online India
All You Need To Know About No Claim Bonus On Car Insurance O...22 April 2020