LIC Term Insurance
|Claim Settlement Ratio||98.62%|
|Customer Care||8:00 AM to 8:00 PM|
|Death Benefit Paid For||73,3809 Policies|
|Total Death Benefit Paid||12797.85 Crore|
Term Life Insurance Premium Calculator
Date of Birth
Do you smoke or chew tobacco?
Choose required coverage to secure your family’s future
LIC Term Insurance Plan List
|Name of Plan||Sum Assured|
|Tech Term Plan||20 lac - 10 cr||Check Premium|
About LIC Term Insurance
LIC Term Insurance Plans secure the future of your loved ones. LIC of India is one of the oldest and best term insurance companies in India. You can financially protect your family against mishaps like the demise of the breadwinner. Read on to learn more about the LIC term plans.
Benefits of LIC Term Insurance Plan
The Life Corporation of India (LIC) attracts many policyholders by providing unique features and advantages with their term insurance plans. Some of the benefits of LIC term insurance plans are highlighted below:
- Affordable Premiums: LIC term plans allow you to protect your loved ones at affordable premiums. You can invest in higher sum assured term insurance plans without worrying about your existing budget.
- Special Discounts: Your lifestyle habit like smoking can help you avail of discounts on LIC term life insurance plans. This means the LIC provides special discounts to non-smokers. Additionally, low-premium rates are offered to woman policyholders.
- Loan Coverage: One of the most important reasons to buy term insurance from LIC is that it provides coverage for outstanding loans and debts. If the policyholder dies during the policy tenure, the LIC of India will pay them. Your loved ones will be protected from any kind of financial burden that may arise during those tough times.
- Rider Benefit: The policyholders of LIC term insurance plans can enjoy enhanced coverage by purchasing riders with their base term plan. You may have to pay an additional premium to buy additional protection.
- Tax Benefits: Under Section 80D of the Income Tax Act of 1961, the premium paid for the term insurance plan provided by LIC is eligible for a tax deduction.
Best LIC Term Insurance Plans 2023
The table below highlights a variety of term insurance plans offered by the LIC of India:
Term Insurance Plan
Sum Assured (Min)
Rs. 5 lakhs
LIC New Jeevan Amar Plan
Rs. 25 lakhs
LIC Saral Jeevan Bima Plan
Rs. 5 lakhs
Process to Buy LIC Term Insurance Plans
Individuals who want to purchase the LIC Term Insurance Plan can follow the following steps:
- Visit the official website of InsuranceDekho.
- Under the “Term Insurance Companies” section, Select “LIC Term Insurance.”
- Fill in the relevant details in the term insurance premium calculator.
- The LIC term plans will be displayed on your screen.
- Compare and select the plan that suits your needs.
- Make a premium payment online to complete the process.
- The policy document will be shared with your registered email.
Documents Required to Buy LIC Term Insurance Plans
Here’s a list of documents you will need to buy the LIC term insurance plans:
- Latest medical reports
- Age proof such as Aadhaar card
- Identity proof
- Salary slips for the last 3 months
- Income tax return copy
- Address proof
Riders Available Under LIC Term Insurance Plans
LIC provides many rider options to provide comprehensive term insurance coverage to policyholders. Some of the riders offered under the LIC term plans are as follows:
- LIC Accidental Death and Disability Benefit Rider: If the policyholder is disabled, they will receive accidental disability rider benefits for up to 10 years in instalments. Additionally, all future premiums will be waived by the LIC. In the event of the demise of the life assured, the nominee will get a value equivalent to the accidental death benefit sum assured.
- LIC New Critical Illness Benefit Rider: It is a non-linked rider that financially protects the policyholders if they are diagnosed with any of the specified critical illnesses.
- LIC Premium Waiver Benefit Rider: Policyholders can buy this rider at the time of purchasing the policy. In this rider option, all the future premiums that you may have to pay against your LIC term insurance plan are waived. However, this rider benefit is only applicable if the policyholder dies or becomes partially disabled.
- LIC Accident Benefit Rider: This rider benefit provides an extra sum assured to the nominee in case of the death of the life assured due to an accident. LIC of India considers an accident to be a sudden, unforeseen, involuntary event caused by external and visible activities.
Exclusions Under LIC Term Insurance Plans
LIC term insurance has some exclusions that LIC of India does not cover. One of the notable exceptions is the suicide of the policyholder during the first year of the policy. In this case, the LIC is not liable to pay any death benefit to the nominees of the policyholder. However, a nominee or beneficiary may receive a refund of 80% of the premium paid.
Therefore, it is important to read all the terms and conditions mentioned in the policy document carefully at the time of purchase.
LIC Term Insurance Plans Claim Settlement Process
The nominees of term insurance plans offered by LIC may have to undergo a strict process to claim a death benefit. Read on to find out a detailed guide on the claim settlement process for LIC term plans.
Documents Required To Claim LIC Term Insurance
- Original policy document
- Claimant form
- Bank account details of nominee or beneficiaries
- Medical reports of the life assured
- FIR copy (only in case of accidental death)
- Death certificate issued by the valid authority
Steps You Should Follow To Claim LIC Term Insurance
- Download the claim form from the company’s official website.
- Fill in the form thoroughly.
- Attach all the necessary documents and submit the form to the nearest LIC branch office.
- The LIC will process your claim request and verify all the information provided by you. In some cases, an insurance company may send investigating officer to the treatment centre for document verification.
- Once the verification process is completed, LIC of India will either pay a death benefit or may reject your claim request.
It is suggested that you should not lie to an insurance company in any case. For instance, if the insurance company finds out that you, the policyholder, died due to any pre-existing medical condition about which they were not informed, then your claim request might get rejected.
Popularly Opted Term Insurance Sum Assured
LIC Term Insurance User Reviews
At InsuarnceDekho, I chose the LIC Term Insurance Policy because of its reputation and trustworthiness. They h...Read More
I opted for the LIC Term Insurance Policy from InsuarnceDekho. Their strong financial stability and solid trac...Read More
InsuranceDekho is the best online insurance company. I would recommend their services to everyone. My heartful...Read More
The LIC Term Insurance Policy offers customizable options that allow me to personalize my coverage. From choos...Read More
The LIC Term Insurance Policy is quite transparent and its simple terms and conditions are easy to understand....Read More
Claim Process at LIC Term Insurance
Claim IntimationIn the case of death of the life assured, a claim intimation to the insurance company must be made as early as possible.
Submission of DocumentsClaim form, death certificate, original policy document, and more documents must be submitted to ensure smooth claim settlement.
Claim EvaluationOnce the documents are submitted, the insurance company will conduct thorough evaluation of the claim filed.
Claim SettlementIf claim request is approved, claim settlement is done within 30 days. If additional investigation is required, it make take 6 months.
Why to Buy Term Insurance Policy Online from InsuranceDekho
- Tax benefit upto 1,50,000*
- Claim support everyday 10AM-7PM
- 50 Lacs+ happy customers
Term Insurance News
What Will Be the Premium for a 1 Crore LIC Policy?
The premium for a 1 crore LIC policy may vary on the basis o...10 May 2023
Why is Term Insurance Better Than Whole Life Insur...
Both term and whole life insurance provide life coverage to ...03 May 2023
What Is the Eligibility for 1 Crore Term Insurance...
The minimum eligibility for 1 crore term insurance plan is 1...26 April 2023
What Are the Top 5 Term Insurance Companies in Ind...
Some of the top term insurance companies in India include MA...24 April 2023
What is an Incremental Life Insurance Policy?
Find out meaning, benefits, and how incremental insurance pl...20 April 2023
FAQ About LIC Term Insurance
How often can I pay my premiums for LIC’s term insurance plans?
LIC’s term insurance plans allow premium payments in different modes. Policyholders can pay premiums monthly, quarterly, half-yearly, or annually as his/her requirements.
Are Term insurance premiums exempt from tax?
Yes, the premium paid for term insurance policies is allowed as a tax-free deduction from your taxable income. Premiums paid up to INR 1.5 lakhs can be claimed as a deduction under Section 80C of the Income Tax Act,1961.
What are the different ways of paying LIC Term Insurance premiums?
LIC Term insurance premiums can be paid through cash, cheque, demand drafts, net banking, UPI, NEFT, mobile wallets, or any other digital mode.
Do Term insurance premiums include GST?
Yes, a GST slab of 18% is added to the premium charged for a plan.
What happens when the premium is not paid?
If the premium is not paid in case of term insurance plans for the specified duration, the policy lapses. In case of a lapse, the coverage halts and the policyholder loses the premiums paid earlier.
LIC Term Insurance Contact Details
Insurance Dekho755 1196 989Mon to Sun 10:00 AM to 7:00 PM
LIC Term Insurance022-6827-6827Mon to Sat 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM