About National Insurance
Calculate Your Car Insurance
National Car Insurance Add-Ons
Zero Depreciation Cover
Car is a depreciating asset and so are the parts of a vehicle. Choosing a zero-depreciation cover ensure that an amount deducted due to depreciation of parts like rubber, metal, plastic, nylon and others are payable by the insurance company. The above-mentioned parts must be repaired or replaced at an authorized garage
No Claim Bonus Protection Cover
For every claim-free year, you are rewarded with a No Claim Bonus. You can earn as much as 50% of No Claim Bonus. However, once you have requested for a claim, the bonus becomes nil. Buying an NCB protection cover helps you in retaining your bonus after you have settled a claim
Return to Invoice Cover
In unfortunate circumstances of theft or robbery, loss incurred by a car owner is severe. If the vehicle is not traced, it is soon declared as total loss. This is when having a return to invoice cover comes handy. The add-on benefits one by reimbursing the insured car’s invoice price. The price includes both road tax and registration charges
Please Note: A ‘No Trace Report’ must be provided by the Police confirming that the insured car has been stolen and is nowhere to be found
Roadside Assistance Cover
Roadside assistance is a much-needed cover. If your car bumps into another vehicle, leading to a severe collision or if your car encounters a sudden breakdown, add-ons like roadside assistance comes of great use. Services like towing, retrieval of keys, replacement of flat tyres, refuelling, flat battery jump start, transport facilities and other services are provided without any delay
Please Note: If a vehicle has been used for the purpose of motor sports, rallying or any other forms of racing, benefits of this cover will not be applicable
**Conditions are subjected to change depending upon the insurance company. **
Key Protect Cover
Keys can be lost or damaged in a collision. Changing the lockset or replacing your car keys is expensive. With this add-on in hand, all your expenses are covered. Please Note:
- There should not be more than 2 claims in a policy period
- Claims due to theft and robbery of a car must be reported to the Police. A FIR copy must be furnished
- Loss or damage of the keys must be informed within 7 days
- Keys will be replaced only when damaged or broken. In case of theft, one must hand out the other pair of car keys to the insurer
**Conditions are subjected to change depending upon the insurance company.**
National Car Insurance Claim Process
Go to The WorkshopIt is important to drive your vehicle to the nearest workshop. You can also get your car towed at the earliest
The Survey Process BeginsOnce the claim has been registered, a surveyor is appointed in 24-48 working hours
Handing Out the DocumentsProvide your insurance company a few essential documents. These include RC, DL, Claim Intimation Form, Repair Estimate, Policy Copy and PAN Card
Survey is doneA thorough survey of the vehicle is completed by the surveyor in 24-48 working hours
The Surveyor Makes His DecisionOnce the survey is completed, it is in the hands of the surveyor to either accept the claim or reject it. Repair works begin only after approval
Delivery Order Is Finally IssuedPost all repair works, a final survey is done. Soon after, the delivery order is issued
How Is the Process Different in Non-Cashless?For non-cashless claims, customer has to pay upfront all expenses of repair. The finalized claim amount is then reimbursed
223 National Cashless Garages in India
Explore National Car Insurance
Must Read Articles before buying National Car Insurance
- The lack of adequate knowledge of insurance plans leaves policy buyers confused. Particularly when it comes to insurance for your car.
- What to do after a car accident? Let's learn do’s and don'ts after a car accident.
- Looking for national insurance policy copy download? Know the step by step process of downloading a national insurance policy status.
- Know factors influencing hatchback car insurance premium.
- What is no claim bonus (ncb) in car insurance? No claim bonus (NCB) is a discount given to you as the policyholder at the time of renewing your car.
National Car Insurance User Reviews
- Most Helpful
National Car Insurance FAQs
Why should I switch my car insurance policy to NIC?
National Insurance is a top brand to begin with. You can avail several benefits when you have opted for NIC as your preferred motor insurance partner. Here’s a few:
- Buying or renewing policy online is a quick and seamless experience
- Settling claims is easier done than thought. It’s quick and hassle-free
- Avail 24*7 assistance
- Diverse list of add-ons to choose from
- National Insurance offer discounts other than zero depreciation
How do I purchase a NIC car insurance policy?
Gone are the days when you had to drop by a branch and make payments for your insurance premium. Give us a call on 7551196989. You can compare from multiple options and make payment online via credit card, debit card or net banking
Settling claims with National Insurance – Is it easy?
Yes, it is! To request for a claim, you must begin by informing the insurance company. A surveyor is appointed, followed by a thorough survey of the insured vehicle. Repairs and replacements are done, and your claim is settled. In case of non-cashless, the agreed claim amount is reimbursed soon after the repairs are completed
Do I need to have a motor insurance policy from National Insurance?
It is mandatory to insure your vehicle with a liability only policy at-least. Buying motor insurance from NIC benefits you in n number of ways. You can avail the advantage of 24*7 assistance, hassle-free claim settlement, convenient and seamless shopping experience and others
How to make changes to an existing car insurance policy from National Insurance?
Making changes to an existing policy is not as hard as it sounds. It is important to maintain communication with the insurance company. Alteration of a name, modifications in a car, change of communication address, phone number and so on so forth is done by the insurer. The process is known as endorsement
Why to buy from InsuranceDekho?
- Instant policy # within 5 mins
- More than 11.5 Lac happy customers
- Claim Support available all 7 days of the week
Car Insurance News
- Steps To Buy Car Insurance Online In India
Read this article to understand easy ways to purchase your c...04 August 2021
- Reasons Why You Should Never Lie To Your Car Insur...
Read this article to find out why you should always be truth...04 August 2021
- Things To Keep In Mind About A Car Insurance Claim...
Read this article to understand the most common reasons for ...03 August 2021
- How To Renew SBI Car Insurance Plan?
Read this article to find out how you can renew your car ins...03 August 2021
- Benefits of Renewing Your HDFC ERGO Car Insurance ...
Read this article to know the benefits of renewing your car ...02 August 2021
- How Is Car Insurance Premium Calculated?
Read this article to understand how your car insurance premi...11 June 2021
- Ways To Reduce Your Car Insurance Premium
Read this article to find out effective ways where you can r...14 July 2021
- Everything About Kotak Mahindra Car Insurance
Read this article to understand the benefits of purchasing c...17 June 2021
- How Car Insurance Premium Calculator Is Beneficial...
Read this article to understand the benefits of using a car ...10 June 2021
- How To Get The Best Car Insurance Quote?
Read this article to find out 5 easy ways where you can get ...09 June 2021