What is a Bike Insurance Renewal?
Every two-wheeler insurance policy comes with a validity period such as 1 year, 3 year or 5 years after which it needs to be renewed. The renewal of a two-wheeler insurance policy is thus essential for a policyholder to continue to enjoy the insurance coverage offered by the policy.
You can renew your two-wheeler insurance policy with any insurance provider - be it your current/previous insurer or a new insurer.
Two Wheeler Insurance Renewal Online Process at InsuranceDekho
You can easily renew your two-wheeler online insurance policy at InsuranceDekho by following the below-mentioned steps:
Step 1: Visit www.insurancedekho.com and click on the bike tab.
Step 2: Enter your bike’s registration number and click ‘’Proceed’’. After that, select the fuel type and variant to proceed. In case you do not remember the registration number of your bike, click on ‘Don’t know your bike number?’ option. Then fill up the different options such as bike’s brand name, fuel type, model, variant, registration year, registration city and RTO.
Step 3: Enter the expiry date of your previous two-wheeler insurance policy and previous insurer’s name. Tell us if you have registered any claim in the last policy and click on ‘Continue’.
Step 4: Enter your details such as name, mobile number and the total number of days by which you want your bike to be insured. Click on ‘Submit and Get Quotes’.
Step 5: All the premium quotes from various insurers will appear in front of you. You can compare multiple quotes and choose one that suits your requirements. At this stage, you also have an option to opt for different add-ons, accessories as well as passenger cover.
Step 6: Click on ‘Buy Now’, confirm your details and proceed to make the payment. You can complete your payment using a credit/debit card or net banking facilities. The policy will be issued instantly, and the you will receive the policy document at your registered email address.
What is your bike's brand?
Two-wheeler Insurance Renewal Online Process at Insurance Company’s Website
Step 1: Visit the official website of your insurance company. Go to the two-wheeler insurance renewal section available on the website.
Step 2: Enter your previous two-wheeler insurance policy details, previous policy number and your two-wheeler’s registration number/ engine number/ chassis number.
Step 3: Check the policy details and the policy renewal premium and proceed with the payment of the renewal fee. There are various modes of online payments such as credit card, debit card and Net banking.
Factors To Consider While Bike Insurance Renewal
- Claim settlement ratio of insurers is one of the most important factors that determine the total claims settled by an insurer out of the total claims received in a financial year.
- The IDV offered by the insurer.
- The nature of the renewal process i.e. if it is instant, user-friendly and paperless.
- Availability of after-sales and customer assistance services with the insurer.
Add-on Covers For Your Bike Insurance Policy
Find Right Bike Insurance Quotes by Bikes Body Type
- View Hero Splendor Plus Insurance Quotes
- View Bajaj Pulsar 150 Insurance Quotes
- View TVS Apache RTR 160 Insurance Quotes
- View Hero HF Deluxe Insurance Quotes
- View Honda Shine Insurance Quotes
- View Hero Passion Pro Insurance Quotes
- View Bajaj Pulsar 125 Neon Insurance Quotes
- View Hero Glamour Insurance Quotes
- View TVS Jupiter Insurance Quotes
- View Honda Activa 6G Insurance Quotes
- View Suzuki Access 125 Insurance Quotes
- View TVS NTORQ 125 Insurance Quotes
- View Honda Dio Insurance Quotes
- View Honda Activa 125 Insurance Quotes
- View TVS XL100 Insurance Quotes
- View Yamaha Fascino 125 Insurance Quotes
- View Yamaha YZF R15 V3 Insurance Quotes
- View Bajaj Pulsar NS200 Insurance Quotes
- View Bajaj Pulsar 220 F Insurance Quotes
- View Bajaj Pulsar RS200 Insurance Quotes
- View TVS Apache RR 310 Insurance Quotes
- View KTM RC 200 Insurance Quotes
- View KTM RC 125 Insurance Quotes
- View Yamaha FZS-FI V3 Insurance Quotes
- View Royal Enfield Classic 350 Insurance Quotes
- View Royal Enfield Bullet 350 Insurance Quotes
- View Honda Hness CB350 Insurance Quotes
- View Bajaj Avenger Street 160 Insurance Quotes
- View Jawa 42 Insurance Quotes
- View Harley Davidson Fat Boy Insurance Quotes
- View Harley Davidson 1200 Custom Insurance Quotes
- View Indian Scout Insurance Quotes
Bike Companies User Reviews
Bike Insurance Renewal FAQs
Can I renew my two-wheeler insurance policy after the expiry date?
Yes, it is possible to renew your two-wheeler insurance policy even after you miss the renewal deadline. However, it is not advisable because the policyholders may end up missing some benefits. The renewal option is available for the next 90 days after the policy expires however, in such a case an inspection of the vehicle becomes mandatory. After this 90 days window, the two-wheeler insurance cannot be renewed. In such cases, you will have to buy a fresh policy to keep your two-wheeler insured.
Can I get reminders for the renewal of my two-wheeler insurance policy before it expires?
Yes, most of the insurers send reminders to policyholders via text messages, email etc. when their policy is about to expire.
Can I customize my add-on covers while renewing my two-wheeler insurance policy?
Most insurance companies allow modification of add-on covers at the time of renewal of a two-wheeler insurance policy.
How long does it take to renew a two-wheeler insurance policy online?
The duration for renewing your two-wheeler insurance policy varies from one insurer to another. Generally, two-wheeler insurance gets renewed instantly when the previous and current insurer is the same. However, if you intend to switch to another insurer, the renewal might take some time.
Can I change the IDV of my two-wheeler insurance policy?
You can change the IDV of your two-wheeler at the time of policy renewal. However, there is a maximum cap for the IDV value which varies from insurer to insurer.
Bike Insurance News
- Important Items In A Biker’s Riding Kit
There may be many instances where you have taken a trip on y...29 November 2020
- Two-Wheeler Sanitization Checklist
Keeping all your surroundings clean and sanitised is of utmo...29 November 2020
- Advantages Of Personal Accident Cover With Two Whe...
Two wheelers are at greater risks for accidents than other v...28 November 2020
- How to Check Vehicle Owner Details By Registration...
There are many scenarios in which you may want to find out a...28 November 2020
- Things to Consider When Revamping your Two Wheeler
Modifying and revamping your bike to your tastes is an excit...27 November 2020
- How to Get Duplicate Two Wheeler Insurance Copy On...
Want to get for a duplicate two wheeler insurance copy onlin...30 July 2020
- How to Get Bike Insurance Details by Registration ...
What is a bike registration number? Use of the registration ...29 July 2020
- How to Find the VIN, Chassis Number and Engine Num...
Bikes has a unique Vehicle Identification Number (VIN). Want...07 September 2020
- Check Bike Insurance Policy Expiry Date
How to Check Bike Insurance Policy Expiry Date Online. It is...31 August 2020
- How To Download IFFCO Tokio Two Wheeler Insurance ...
Looking to download IFFCO-Tokio policy for bike insurance? C...17 October 2020