Two Wheeler Insurance Renewal
What is a Bike Insurance Renewal?
Every two-wheeler insurance policy comes with a validity period such as 1 year, 3 year or 5 years after which it needs to be renewed. The renewal of a two-wheeler insurance policy is thus essential for a policyholder to continue to enjoy the insurance coverage offered by the policy.
You can renew your two-wheeler insurance policy with any insurance provider - be it your current/previous insurer or a new insurer.
Two Wheeler Insurance Renewal Online Process at InsuranceDekho
You can easily renew your two-wheeler online insurance policy at InsuranceDekho by following the below-mentioned steps:
Step 1: Visit www.insurancedekho.com and click on the bike tab.
Step 2: Enter your bike’s registration number and click ‘’Proceed’’. After that, select the fuel type and variant to proceed. In case you do not remember the registration number of your bike, click on ‘Don’t know your bike number?’ option. Then fill up the different options such as bike’s brand name, fuel type, model, variant, registration year, registration city and RTO.
Step 3: Enter the expiry date of your previous two-wheeler insurance policy and previous insurer’s name. Tell us if you have registered any claim in the last policy and click on ‘Continue’.
Step 4: Enter your details such as name, mobile number and the total number of days by which you want your bike to be insured. Click on ‘Submit and Get Quotes’.
Step 5: All the premium quotes from various insurers will appear in front of you. You can compare multiple quotes and choose one that suits your requirements. At this stage, you also have an option to opt for different add-ons, accessories as well as passenger cover.
Step 6: Click on ‘Buy Now’, confirm your details and proceed to make the payment. You can complete your payment using a credit/debit card or net banking facilities. The policy will be issued instantly, and the you will receive the policy document at your registered email address.
Two Wheeler Insurance Renewal Online Process at Insurance Company’s Website
Step 1: Visit the official website of your insurance company. Go to the two-wheeler insurance renewal section available on the website.
Step 2: Enter your previous two-wheeler insurance policy details, previous policy number and your two-wheeler’s registration number/ engine number/ chassis number.
Step 3: Check the policy details and the policy renewal premium and proceed with the payment of the renewal fee. There are various modes of online payments such as credit card, debit card and Net banking.
Factors To Consider While Bike Insurance Renewal
Here are some factors that every policyholder must be aware of:
- The IDV offered by the insurer.
- Availability of after-sales and customer assistance services with the insurer.
- The nature of the renewal process i.e. if it is instant, user-friendly and paperless.
- Claim settlement ratio of insurers is one of the most important factors that determine the total claims settled by an insurer out of the total claims received in a financial year.
What is your bike's brand?
What Is The Best Time To Renew Your Bike Insurance Policy?
To avail continuous insurance protection, it is important to ensure that your bike is insured all the time. Ideally, you should renew your bike insurance policy before its date of expiry. Timely renewal helps you retain no claim bonus along with other insurance benefits.
A bike insurance policy can also be renewed within a grace period of 90 days from the expiry date, known as the break-in period. However it is not advised to wait till the end of the grace period for the policy renewal as it is not a good practice.
Benefits of Bike Insurance Renewal
On-time renewal of your bike insurance offers a wide range of advantages. An insurance policy not just safeguards the policyholder against unfortunate events but also protects the riders from unnecessary legal consequences that can possibly arise without any active bike insurance policy.
Some of the advantages of renewing your two wheeler insurance policy timely are given below:
- Legal Protection
According to the Indian Motor Tariff Act, third party insurance is mandatory for all bike owners in order to legally drive on the Indian roads. A third party bike insurance policy covers the losses or damages caused to any third party property or person by the insured’s two wheeler. However, a lapsed bike insurance does not hold the insurance company liable to cover the policyholder against any such financial losses. While a timely renewed bike insurance policy offers protection to the insured against any such commitment.
- Protection Against Natural Calamities
Two wheeler insurance policy offers coverage for the bike’s own damage against natural calamities like earthquakes, cyclones, fire, storms, flood, etc. A bike insurance policy allows the policyholder in mitigating the financial stress by covering the cost of damages or losses caused by any of the afore-mentioned natural calamities.
- Protection Against Man-Made Disasters
Two wheeler insurance policy offers coverage against the damages caused due to man-made disasters. Such man-made hazards include accidents, theft, war, burglary, strike and other harmful activities. A bike insurance policy provides assistance to the policyholder and helps in meeting the financial burden by covering the charges for repairs, service costs, or any other related cost.
- Access To No Claim Bonus
On time bike insurance policy renewal ensures that a policyholder is eligible for No Claim Bonus(NCB) that they have accumulated over the past years by not filing for any claims on their two wheeler insurance policy. However, by not renewing your bike insurance policy on time, a policyholder loses out on the benefit offered.
- Provides A Sense of Security
With a timely bike insurance renewal, a policyholder not just gets a sense of security but also peace of mind. An active bike insurance policy gives a rider the needed protection and security for riding on the Indian roads without any worry of getting caught by the traffic police. Consequently, it also helps the policyholder from avoiding hefty fines charged by the cops under traffic laws.
Things To Remember For The Renewal Of Your Two-Wheeler Insurance Policy
A policyholder should keep the following things in mind while renewing their bike insurance policy:
- Keep a track of the lapse date of the bike insurance policy and renew it in advance to avoid paying any additional cost that otherwise might be incurred. Also, it advisable for a policyholder to make any decision related to their bike insurance renewal at least 45 days prior to the lapse date of the existing insurance policy.
- While renewing your bike insurance policy, make sure you thoroughly compare and then choose the best insurance policy depending upon the factors like affordable premium amount, discounts, and additional benefits offered etc.
- In case if you haven’t filed for any claims in the previous year then avail of the No Claim Bonus that you have accumulated over the past years.
Bike Insurance Add-ons
Find Right Bike Insurance Quotes by Bikes Body Type
- View Hero Splendor Plus Insurance Quotes
- View TVS Apache RTR 160 Insurance Quotes
- View Hero HF Deluxe Insurance Quotes
- View Bajaj Pulsar 150 Insurance Quotes
- View Honda Shine Insurance Quotes
- View Bajaj Pulsar 125 Neon Insurance Quotes
- View Hero Passion Pro Insurance Quotes
- View Hero Super Splendor Insurance Quotes
- View TVS Jupiter Insurance Quotes
- View Honda Activa 6G Insurance Quotes
- View Honda Dio Insurance Quotes
- View Suzuki Access 125 Insurance Quotes
- View TVS XL100 Insurance Quotes
- View Ather 450X Insurance Quotes
- View TVS NTORQ 125 Insurance Quotes
- View Hero Pleasure Plus Insurance Quotes
- View Yamaha YZF R15 V3 Insurance Quotes
- View Bajaj Pulsar 220 F Insurance Quotes
- View Bajaj Pulsar NS200 Insurance Quotes
- View Yamaha FZS-FI V3 Insurance Quotes
- View KTM RC 200 Insurance Quotes
- View Bajaj Pulsar RS200 Insurance Quotes
- View TVS Apache RR 310 Insurance Quotes
- View Bajaj Pulsar NS 125 Insurance Quotes
- View Royal Enfield Classic 350 Insurance Quotes
- View Royal Enfield Bullet 350 Insurance Quotes
- View Royal Enfield Meteor 350 Insurance Quotes
- View Bajaj Avenger Cruise 220 Insurance Quotes
- View Honda Hness CB350 Insurance Quotes
- View Bajaj Avenger Street 160 Insurance Quotes
- View Jawa 42 Insurance Quotes
- View Jawa Perak Insurance Quotes
Explore Bike Insurance
Bike Insurance Companies Reviews & Ratings
Two Wheeler Insurance Renewal FAQs
Can I renew my two wheeler insurance policy after the expiry date?
Yes, it is possible to renew your two-wheeler insurance policy even after you miss the renewal deadline. However, it is not advisable because the policyholders may end up missing some benefits. The renewal option is available for the next 90 days after the policy expires however, in such a case an inspection of the vehicle becomes mandatory. After this 90 days window, the two-wheeler insurance cannot be renewed. In such cases, you will have to buy a fresh policy to keep your two-wheeler insured.
Can I get reminders for the renewal of my two wheeler insurance policy before it expires?
Yes, most of the insurers send reminders to policyholders via text messages, email etc. when their policy is about to expire.
Can I customize my add-on covers while renewing my two wheeler insurance policy?
Most insurance companies allow modification of add-on covers at the time of renewal of a two-wheeler insurance policy.
How long does it take to renew a two wheeler insurance policy online?
The duration for renewing your two-wheeler insurance policy varies from one insurer to another. Generally, two-wheeler insurance gets renewed instantly when the previous and current insurer is the same. However, if you intend to switch to another insurer, the renewal might take some time.
Can I change the IDV of my two wheeler insurance policy?
You can change the IDV of your two-wheeler at the time of policy renewal. However, there is a maximum cap for the IDV value which varies from insurer to insurer.
Bike Insurance News
- What Is A PUC Certificate For A Bike?
This article will provide comprehensive information about th...17 May 2021
- Points To Keep In Mind Before Buying A Second-Hand...
This article provides you a few points that you can consider...17 May 2021
- Why Is It A Must To Use A Bike Insurance Premium C...
This article will provide you with information on what an in...16 May 2021
- Is A Personal Accident Mandatory For Bike Owners?
Read along to know if personal accident mandatory for bike o...15 May 2021
- Reduce Your Bike Insurance Premium By Avoiding Sma...
Read this article to understand how avoiding small claims wi...14 May 2021
- Frequently Asked Questions About Bike PUC Certific...
PUC test evaluates a vehicle's emissions and determines whet...23 March 2021
- Documents Required for Bike/Two-Wheeler Insurance ...
Read the article to know what all documents are required at ...26 March 2021
- How To Find the VIN, Chassis And Engine Number Of ...
Check this post to learn how to find the VIN, Chassis and en...22 March 2021
- How is Two-Wheeler Insurance Premium Calculated?
To calculate the overall cost of the insurance, you can use ...19 March 2021
- Main Features of Pollution Under Control Certifica...
The PUC test evaluates the emission of each vehicle and issu...18 March 2021