HDFC ERGO Car Insurance Claim
Buying car insurance is mandatory if you have a car. The idea behind buying this insurance is to ensure a cover against all possible losses resulting from theft or accident. However, buying an insurance policy is futile if you do not know how to seek claims. The claim settlement process is the same across most insurance companies in India though it is important to understand the claim settlement process of the insurer you have bought your policy from.
Many people prefer to buy car insurance from the insurer that offers a cashless claim facility.
The few steps towards cashless settlement process include:
I. Contact the insurer immediately after the accident to report about the same
II. The insurer tows the vehicle to the network garage for a thorough inspection
III. The network garage submits an estimate to the insurer for verification
IV. The vehicle is repaired at the service station and relevant bills submitted to the insurer
V. Post verification, the insurer initiates the claim layout process
VI. The policyholder is charged an amount corresponding to depreciation and deductibles
VII. The insurer pays directly to the network garage
How to file a car insurance reimbursement claim?
You may either opt for a cashless claim settlement or get the claim amount reimbursed to your account. Follow the below-mentioned steps for smooth car insurance claim reimbursement.
I. Register your claim by calling the insurance company on the toll-free number or email the details to the id given on the site
II. The insurance company gives the policyholder a registration number for future correspondence
III. Take your damaged car to a nearby garage for repairs
IV. Submit necessary documents for inspection
V. Post validation of details submitted, the insurance company commences the claim reimbursement process and reimburses the claim amount
Documents required for cashless and reimbursement claims.
For smooth and hassle-free car insurance claim, the policyholder is required to submit the following documents:
1) Claim form downloaded from the insurer’s website and signed by the policyholder
2) The copy of the vehicle’s Registration Certificate (RC) along with the original keys
3) A copy of the policyholder’s driving license
4) Original car insurance policy document
5) Original copy of the FIR in the event of theft
6) ID Proofs including a copy of the PAN Card and driving license (DL) of the insured
Claim Rejection Reasons
Buying a car insurance policy does not guarantee that the claim amount you seek will not be rejected. In fact, there may a host of reasons because of which your insurer may reject your claim. These may include:
- Your insurance policy had lapsed at the time of the accident
- Unnecessary delay in reporting to the insurance company about the accident
- You do not have a valid driving license
- You were driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- You have been using the car to carry out illegal activities
- You did not intimate the insurer before carrying out any repairs
- You bought the policy in someone else’s name
Explore Hdfc Ergo Car Insurance
- Read More
- Read More
- Read More
HDFC ERGO Car Insurance User Reviews
- Most Helpful
546 Hdfc Ergo Cashless Garages in India
HDFC ERGO Car Insurance Claim FAQs
How should I make a claim for my stolen car?
- Lodge an FIR
- Inform your insurer about the theft
- Wait for the policy to issue a final “Non-Traceable Report”
- Transfer the registration certificate of your lost car to the insurer along with a letter of subrogation
Under what circumstances does your insurer make a partial claim settlement?
The insurer may not realize the full value of your claim. This is because your assessment of the car damage may be different from what the insurer has evaluated. Also, the claim settlement is subject to the terms and conditions of each insurer. This results in the insurer not rejecting the claim proposal in full but honoring only a part of the claim you had sought from the company.
What are the important considerations to be followed to ensure a hassle-free claim settlement process?
Keeping in mind the following conditions ensures a seamless claim settlement process:
- Always keep a copy of your insurance documents in your car
- Do not drink and drive
- Do not flout traffic rules
- Know your policy’s inclusions and exclusions
What are the documents that must be kept in the vehicle while going to public places?
While plying public spaces, always keep the following documents with you:
- Copy of your insurance policy
- Copy of the registration certificate of your vehicle
- Copy of your driving license
- Pollution Under Control (PUC) certificate
What you must not do while filing your car insurance claim?
Accidental damage can mar the fun of driving. However, you must be aware of the “Don’ts” while filing a car insurance claim. These include:
- Do not move your car from the accident spot
- Do not hide any details about the accident
- Do not settle with the third party without informing the insurer
- Do not sign final claim settlement papers without reviewing your policy
Why to Buy Car Insurance Policy from InsuranceDekho?
- Instant policy# within 5 mins
- More than 11.5 Lac happy customers
- Claim Support available all 7 days of the week
Latest Car Insurance News
- Reasons Why You Need Car Insurance For Autonomous ...
Autonomous vehicles may get you excited with each new car be...17 August 2020
- Top Car Insurance Companies Providing Personal Acc...
On the basis of Health Insurance Claim settlement ratio, her...30 April 2020
- Cashless Car Insurance Policy Usefulness
What is cashless motor insurance all about? Let’s get into t...27 April 2020
- Types of Car Insurance Policies in India
Let’s explore about car insurance policy types in India. Aft...24 April 2020
- Return to Invoice Add-On Cover For Car Insurance
Explore return to invoice add-on cover in Car Insurance in ...23 April 2020
- Know What is NCB in Car Insurance Online India
All You Need To Know About No Claim Bonus On Car Insurance O...22 April 2020