Car Insurance Add-On Covers
The add-on covers give additional policy coverage that policyholders can avail by paying a little extra premium amount. The policy coverage extension helps the car owner to deal with various situations with ease. Some of the add-on covers are roadside assistance, key replacement, return to invoice and so on.
- Save upto 75%*Lowest Car Premiums
- 45 Lakh+Happy Customers
- Claim Support7 days a week
*TP price for less than 1000cc four wheeler. All savings/offers are provided by the Insurers which are subject to modification. Terms and conditions apply
What Is Car Insurance Add-ons Coverage?
Add-On Covers in Car Insurance - A car insurance add-on is an additional cover that can be opted with a comprehensive car insurance policy to strengthen the coverage and protection provided by a car insurance policy. There are multiple add-ons that can be opted for with a comprehensive car insurance policy.
List of Top Car Insurance Add-On Covers
The availability of car insurance add-ons varies from insurer to insure. The following are some car insurance add-on covers that are offered by most of the general insurance companies:
1. Zero Depreciation Add-on Cover
The amount of depreciation applicable on your car and its parts is deducted by the insurer from the claim amount at the time of a claim settlement. A zero depreciation cover helps you mitigate this burden of bearing the depreciation cost of your vehicle thereby increasing your claim amount. Most of the insurers allow a maximum of 2 zero depreciation claims, however, some insurers including IFFCO Tokio allow unlimited zero depreciation claims during the policy tenure.
2. Consumables Add-on Cover
This add-on provides coverage for consumable elements such as grease, air conditioner’s gas, lubricants clip, bearings, fuel filter, engine oil, oil filter, break oil, nut and bolt, screw, washers, etc, which are not covered in the standard policy.
3. Roadside Assistance Add-on Cover
This add-on cover secures assistance services in the event of the breakdown of the insured vehicle. The services include towing to the nearest garage, on-site repair services, assistance in case of loss of keys, changing flat tyres, fuel delivery, etc.
4. Engine Protection Add-on Cover
This cover allows the policyholder to get indemnified against expenses for mechanical/electrical breakdown of the engine due to an oil spill or water ingression.
5. Key Loss Add-on Cover
This add-on cover makes the insurance company liable to compensate the policyholder for the loss of key(s).
6. Passenger Assistance Add-on Cover
It is a bundled cover that includes Hospital Allowance, Medical Expenses and Medical Transport Assistance to the policyholder in the event of an accident.
7. Tyre Damage Add-on Cover
This add-on provides cover for damages such as in-tyre bulge, puncture or bursting of tyres, cut on a tyre due to an accident, etc.
8. Return To Invoice Add-on
This add-on cover allows you to get full invoice price of your vehicle when it suffers Total Loss, Constructive Total Loss (CTL) or theft.
9. Protection Of NCB Add-on
This add-on helps you retain your No Claim Bonus (NCB) discount even if you had filed a claim in the last policy tenure. NCB is the discount which you get on own-damage premium for every claim-free year.
10. Loss of Personal Belongings Add-on
With this add-on, the insurer compensates the policyholder for the loss of personal belongings such as the articles or other items of a personal nature which are likely to be used, carried or worn.
11. Daily Allowance Add-on
By opting for this add-on you get a daily allowance from the insurer when the car is lost or is out for repairs.
12. Personal Laptop and Mobile Add-on Cover
This add-on allows you to get compensation for the loss of a personal laptop and mobile kept in the vehicle.
13. GAP Value Add-on Cover
This add-on helps you get the complete invoice price of the vehicle in the event of theft, total loss or constructive total loss. It also covers the Road Tax and first time registration charges against an additional premium.
Read more: Use Car Insurance Calculator to calculate the premium for your car insurance policy along with these add-ons.
Calculate Your Car Insurance Premium Online
Select your car brand
Which city is your car registered in?
When did you buy your car?
Benefits of Add-on Covers in Car Insurance
The add-on covers for car insurance brings several benefits:
1. Cover Car’s Depreciation – The value of your car’s parts reduce with time due to wear and tear which is called depreciation. While settling the car insurance claims, the insurer doesn’t give coverage to the depreciation cost and you will have to them. By adding a zero depreciation cover, you can avoid the depreciation cost as it will be taken care of from the insurer’s end only.
2. Get Emergency Assistance – If you get stuck in an emergency like a car breakdown, then you can add an add-on cover by adding a roadside assistance cover. It provides emergency support to you with several sorts of assistance like fixing a flat tyre, arrangement of fuel, car towing, on-spot minor repair, and so on, which helps you in a stranded situation.
3. Provides Engine Protection - The car’s engine is the most important part of a car and it is the costliest part as well. The add-on covers will help you insure your car’s engine which is not covered in a standard comprehensive plan. Also, the consumables such as engine oil, gearbox oil, lubricants, nut and bolt, etc, used for a car repair can also be covered with an add-on cover.
4. Coverage for Deaths and Disabilities – If you get disabled or death of the owner-driver of the insured car, the personal accident add-on cover provides financial coverage against disabilities or death up to Rs. 15 lakhs. Also, you can buy an optional personal accident cover for passengers to protect your beloved ones in case of an unforeseen accident.
5. Retain Your No Claim Bonus Discount - When you raise a car insurance claim during the policy period, you lose out on a No Claim Bonus (NCB). NCB discount is earned while renewing your plan if you haven't raised any claim during the previous policy period. However, if you think that the chances of raising a claim are higher, you can buy this add-on and retain your NCB.
Car Insurance for Popular Car Models
- *Premium Starting from ₹8,416
- *Premium Starting from ₹12,824
- *Premium Starting from ₹10,425
- *Premium Starting from ₹10,283
- *Premium Starting from ₹7,685
- *Premium Starting from ₹17,242
- *Premium Starting from ₹11,243
- *Premium Starting from ₹13,827
- *Premium Starting from ₹18,931
- *Premium Starting from ₹11,878
- *Premium Starting from ₹92,146
- *Premium Starting from ₹27,981
- *Premium Starting from ₹37,097
- *Premium Starting from ₹12,339
- *Premium Starting from ₹17,429
- *Premium Starting from ₹109,953
- *Premium Starting from ₹52,679
- *Premium Starting from ₹62,782
- *Premium Starting from ₹119,126
- *Premium Starting from ₹128,979
- *Premium Starting from ₹105,087
Car Insurance Add-ons
Car Insurance Add on Covers
- Bajaj Allianz
- Future Generali
- Hdfc Ergo
- Icici Lombard
- Iffco Tokio
- New India
- Raheja Qbe
- Royal Sundaram
- Tata Aig
- United India
- Universal Sompo
Disclaimer: InsuranceDekho does not endorse, rate or recommend any particular insurance company or insurance plan.
Car Insurance By Popular Car Manufacturers
Find Right Car Insurance Quotes by Cars Body Type
Tata Altroz Insurance PriceView Tata Altroz Insurance Price
Maruti Swift Insurance PriceView Maruti Swift Insurance Price
Maruti Baleno Insurance PriceView Maruti Baleno Insurance Price
Tata Tiago Insurance PriceView Tata Tiago Insurance Price
Hyundai i20 Insurance PriceView Hyundai i20 Insurance Price
Maruti Wagon R Insurance PriceView Maruti Wagon R Insurance Price
Hyundai Verna Insurance PriceView Hyundai Verna Insurance Price
Maruti Dzire Insurance PriceView Maruti Dzire Insurance Price
Honda City Insurance PriceView Honda City Insurance Price
Hyundai Aura Insurance PriceView Hyundai Aura Insurance Price
Volkswagen Virtus Insurance PriceView Volkswagen Virtus Insurance Price
Honda Amaze Insurance PriceView Honda Amaze Insurance Price
Mahindra Thar Insurance PriceView Mahindra Thar Insurance Price
Tata Nexon Insurance PriceView Tata Nexon Insurance Price
Maruti FRONX Insurance PriceView Maruti FRONX Insurance Price
Toyota Fortuner Insurance PriceView Toyota Fortuner Insurance Price
Hyundai Creta Insurance PriceView Hyundai Creta Insurance Price
Maruti Brezza Insurance PriceView Maruti Brezza Insurance Price
Toyota Innova Crysta Insurance PriceView Toyota Innova Crysta Insurance Price
Maruti Ertiga Insurance PriceView Maruti Ertiga Insurance Price
Toyota Vellfire Insurance PriceView Toyota Vellfire Insurance Price
Renault Triber Insurance PriceView Renault Triber Insurance Price
Maruti XL6 Insurance PriceView Maruti XL6 Insurance Price
Mahindra Marazzo Insurance PriceView Mahindra Marazzo Insurance Price
Learn about Car Insurance Add-On Covers
Know About Small Repair Claim Add-on in Car InsuranceRead along to know about small repair claim add-on in car insurance.
What Is Loss of Personal Belongings Add-On In Car Insurance?Read along to know what is loss of personal belongings add-on in car insurance.
Everything About Loss Of Personal Belongings Add-On In Car InsuranceRead more to know everything about loss of personal belongings add-on in car insurance.
Significance of Zero Depreciation Add-on Cover in Car InsuranceWondering whether you require a zero depreciation cover? Read this article to find out.
List of The Best Car Insurance Add-On CoversThis article provides a list of top 5 car insurance covers that is best for your car. Read this article for the best car insurance add-on covers.
Car Insurance Companies Reviews & Ratings
I was pleasantly surprised by how affordable the premiums are under the Kotak Car Insurance Policy. I bought...Read More
Renewing my Royal Sundaram Car Insurance Policy for my Chevrolet car with InsuarnceDekho was a breeze. They ...Read More
When my Ford car suffered its own damage, the claim settlement process with the New India Car Insurance Poli...Read More
At InsuarnceDekho, while purchasing the United Car Insurance Policy for my Renault car, I found out about Ze...Read More
On a friend’s recommendation, I recently shifted to InsuranceDekho and bought the Digit Car Insurance Policy...Read More
Car Insurance Add-ons Cover FAQ
What is car insurance add-ons?
As the name suggests, add-on offers additional protection to the car which can help you enhance the coverage of your basic car insurance policy. Some popular car insurance add-ons include Roadside Assistance cover, Engine Protection cover, Passenger cover, Tyre Protection cover etc.
Are car insurance add-ons paid or free of cost?
Car Insurance add-ons are not free of cost. A policyholder can purchase them by paying a nominal amount with their basic car insurance policy.
Can I opt for multiple add-ons?
Yes, you can opt for multiple add-ons with your car insurance policy.
What is key lost add-on cover?
A key lost cover or a key replacement cover in a car insurance add-on under which the insurance company reimburses the policyholder the cost of replacement of their car key if it gets lost. Stolen or damaged.
Can I get an add on with a third-party car insurance policy?
No, car insurance add-ons cannot be purchased with a third party policy. Add-ons are only available with comprehensive plans and standalone own-damage car insurance plans.
Car Insurance News
Which Car Insurance is Best in India: Comprehensiv...
Wondering which car insurance is better third-party or compr...09 May 2023
How to Buy Car Insurance Online?
Car insurance is a mandatory requirement in India. It is qui...08 May 2023
How to Search Vehicle Owner Details by Number Plat...
Read on to understand how to search vehicle owner details by...05 May 2023
Car driving tips for beginners
listed below are some of the car driving tips for beginners.03 May 2023
Traffic Rules and Fines in West Bengal
Read on to understand all about the traffic rules that you n...26 April 2023