Car Insurance Add-On Covers
The add-on covers give additional policy coverage that policyholders can avail by paying a little extra premium amount. The policy coverage extension helps the car owner to deal with various situations with ease. Some of the add-on covers are roadside assistance, key replacement, return to invoice and so on.
- Save upto 75%*Lowest Car Premiums
- 11.5 Lakh+Happy Customers
- Claim Support7 days a week
*TP price for less than 1000cc four wheeler. All savings/offers are provided by the Insurers which are subject to modification. Terms and conditions apply
What Is Car Insurance Add-ons Coverage?
Add-On Covers in Car Insurance - A car insurance add-on is an additional cover that can be opted with a comprehensive car insurance policy to strengthen the coverage and protection provided by a car insurance policy. There are multiple add-ons that can be opted for with a comprehensive car insurance policy.
List of Top Car Insurance Add-On Covers
The availability of car insurance add-ons varies from insurer to insure. The following are some car insurance add-on covers that are offered by most of the general insurance companies:
The amount of depreciation applicable on your car and its parts is deducted by the insurer from the claim amount at the time of a claim settlement. A zero depreciation cover helps you mitigate this burden of bearing the depreciation cost of your vehicle thereby increasing your claim amount. Most of the insurers allow a maximum of 2 zero depreciation claims, however, some insurers including IFFCO Tokio allow unlimited zero depreciation claims during the policy tenure.
This add-on provides coverage for consumable elements such as grease, air conditioner’s gas, lubricants clip, bearings, fuel filter, engine oil, oil filter, break oil, nut and bolt, screw, washers, etc, which are not covered in the standard policy.
This add-on cover secures assistance services in the event of the breakdown of the insured vehicle. The services include towing to the nearest garage, on-site repair services, assistance in case of loss of keys, changing flat tyres, fuel delivery, etc.
This cover allows the policyholder to get indemnified against expenses for mechanical/electrical breakdown of the engine due to an oil spill or water ingression.
This add-on cover makes the insurance company liable to compensate the policyholder for the loss of key(s).
It is a bundled cover that includes Hospital Allowance, Medical Expenses and Medical Transport Assistance to the policyholder in the event of an accident.
This add-on provides cover for damages such as in-tyre bulge, puncture or bursting of tyres, cut on a tyre due to an accident, etc.
This add-on cover allows you to get full invoice price of your vehicle when it suffers Total Loss, Constructive Total Loss (CTL) or theft.
This add-on helps you retain your No Claim Bonus (NCB) discount even if you had filed a claim in the last policy tenure. NCB is the discount which you get on own-damage premium for every claim-free year.
10. Loss of Personal Belongings Add-on
With this add-on, the insurer compensates the policyholder for the loss of personal belongings such as the articles or other items of a personal nature which are likely to be used, carried or worn.
11. Daily Allowance Add-on
By opting for this add-on you get a daily allowance from the insurer when the car is lost or is out for repairs.
12. Personal Laptop and Mobile Add-on Cover
This add-on allows you to get compensation for the loss of a personal laptop and mobile kept in the vehicle.
13. GAP Value Add-on Cover
This add-on helps you get the complete invoice price of the vehicle in the event of theft, total loss or constructive total loss. It also covers the Road Tax and first time registration charges against an additional premium.
Read more: Use Car Insurance Calculator to calculate the premium for your car insurance policy along with these add-ons.
Calculate Your Car Insurance
Benefits of Add-on Covers in Car Insurance
The add-on covers for car insurance brings several benefits:
1. Cover Car’s Depreciation – The value of your car’s parts reduce with time due to wear and tear which is called depreciation. While settling the car insurance claims, the insurer doesn’t give coverage to the depreciation cost and you will have to them. By adding a zero depreciation cover, you can avoid the depreciation cost as it will be taken care of from the insurer’s end only.
2. Get Emergency Assistance – If you get stuck in an emergency like a car breakdown, then you can add an add-on cover by adding a roadside assistance cover. It provides emergency support to you with several sorts of assistance like fixing a flat tyre, arrangement of fuel, car towing, on-spot minor repair, and so on, which helps you in a stranded situation.
3. Provides Engine Protection - The car’s engine is the most important part of a car and it is the costliest part as well. The add-on covers will help you insure your car’s engine which is not covered in a standard comprehensive plan. Also, the consumables such as engine oil, gearbox oil, lubricants, nut and bolt, etc, used for a car repair can also be covered with an add-on cover.
4. Coverage for Deaths and Disabilities – If you get disabled or death of the owner-driver of the insured car, the personal accident add-on cover provides financial coverage against disabilities or death up to Rs. 15 lakhs. Also, you can buy an optional personal accident cover for passengers to protect your beloved ones in case of an unforeseen accident.
5. Retain Your No Claim Bonus Discount - When you raise a car insurance claim during the policy period, you lose out on a No Claim Bonus (NCB). NCB discount is earned while renewing your plan if you haven't raised any claim during the previous policy period. However, if you think that the chances of raising a claim are higher, you can buy this add-on and retain your NCB.
Car Insurance for Popular Car Models
Car Insurance Add-ons
Find Right Car Insurance Quotes by Cars Body Type
- View Maruti Swift Insurance Quotes
- View Tata Tiago Insurance Quotes
- View Maruti Baleno Insurance Quotes
- View Hyundai i20 Insurance Quotes
- View Tata Altroz Insurance Quotes
- View Maruti Wagon R Insurance Quotes
- View Skoda Rapid Insurance Quotes
- View Honda City 4th Generation Insurance Quotes
- View Maruti Dzire Insurance Quotes
- View Hyundai Verna Insurance Quotes
- View Honda City Insurance Quotes
- View Tata Tigor Insurance Quotes
- View Honda Amaze Insurance Quotes
- View Mahindra Thar Insurance Quotes
- View Mahindra XUV700 Insurance Quotes
- View Tata Punch Insurance Quotes
- View Toyota Fortuner Insurance Quotes
- View Mahindra Scorpio Insurance Quotes
- View Hyundai Creta Insurance Quotes
- View Maruti Ertiga Insurance Quotes
- View Toyota Innova Crysta Insurance Quotes
- View Renault Triber Insurance Quotes
- View Maruti XL6 Insurance Quotes
- View Maruti Eeco Insurance Quotes
- View Toyota Vellfire Insurance Quotes
Learn about Car Insurance Add-On Covers
- Read along to know about small repair claim add-on in car insurance.
- Read along to know what is loss of personal belongings add-on in car insurance.
- Read more to know everything about loss of personal belongings add-on in car insurance.
- Wondering whether you require a zero depreciation cover? Read this article to find out.
- This article provides a list of top 5 car insurance covers that is best for your car. Read this article for the best car insurance add-on covers.
Car Insurance Companies Reviews & Ratings
Very Convenient and Affordable
Easy to renew, very convenient and low premium price. Reminder calls and follow-up help me to renew premium on...
Car Insurance Add-ons Cover FAQ
What is car insurance add-ons?
As the name suggests, add-on offers additional protection to the car which can help you enhance the coverage of your basic car insurance policy. Some popular car insurance add-ons include Roadside Assistance cover, Engine Protection cover, Passenger cover, Tyre Protection cover etc.
Are car insurance add-ons paid or free of cost?
Car Insurance add-ons are not free of cost. A policyholder can purchase them by paying a nominal amount with their basic car insurance policy.
Can I opt for multiple add-ons?
Yes, you can opt for multiple add-ons with your car insurance policy.
What is key lost add-on cover?
A key lost cover or a key replacement cover in a car insurance add-on under which the insurance company reimburses the policyholder the cost of replacement of their car key if it gets lost. Stolen or damaged.
Can I get an add on with a third-party car insurance policy?
No, car insurance add-ons cannot be purchased with a third party policy. Add-ons are only available with comprehensive plans and standalone own-damage car insurance plans.
What is engine protect cover?
Engine protect cover under which the insurance company provides insurance coverage for your car’s engine against leakage of oil, water ingression, etc
Which is the best car insurance add-ons?
The best add-on depends on the requirements of the policyholder. However, some of the popular and most selling car insurance add-ons include zero depreciation add-on, engine cover, roadside assistance and engine cover.
Can I buy add-on without buying a car insurance policy?
No, you cannot buy an add-on without buying a car insurance policy.
Car Insurance News
- What Is The Meaning Of IDV In a Car Insurance Poli...
In the world of auto insurance, the term "Insured Declared V...15 January 2022
- Common Reasons Why Car Insurance Claim May Get Rej...
You must be aware of the conditions that might lead to the r...14 January 2022
- Guide To Get Best Car Insurance Quote In India
Car Insurance is determined by several factors, including yo...14 January 2022
- Important Things You Must Know About Bharat Serie...
In order to ease seamless vehicle transfers, the Transport M...13 January 2022
- What Are The Consequences Of Driving A Car Withou...
To learn more about the consequences of driving a car withou...13 January 2022
- How Does Scrapping Your Car Impacts Insurance Poli...
Read this article to know about the impacts of scrapping car...28 November 2021
- Documents You Should Always Keep in Your Car
Driving a car is not just fun but also a responsible act. In...18 November 2021
- Authorised and Local Service Centers - Which To Ch...
If there is a problem with your car you can take it to a loc...17 November 2021
- What is Anti-Theft Device and Its Impact on Car In...
Installing an anti-theft system certified by ARAI prevent ca...19 November 2021
- What Is A Knock-For-Knock-Agreement?
When it comes to auto insurance plans, there are two types o...24 November 2021