Car Insurance Add-On Covers
The add-on covers give additional policy coverage that policyholders can avail by paying a little extra premium amount. The policy coverage extension helps the car owner to deal with various situations with ease. Some of the add-on covers are roadside assistance, key replacement, return to invoice and so on.
- Save upto 75%*Lowest Car Premiums
- 11.5 Lakh+Happy Customers
- Claim Support7 days a week
*TP price for less than 1000cc four wheeler. All savings/offers are provided by the Insurers which are subject to modification. Terms and conditions apply
What Is Car Insurance Add-ons Coverage?
Add-On Covers in Car Insurance - A car insurance add-on is an additional cover that can be opted with a comprehensive car insurance policy to strengthen the coverage and protection provided by a car insurance policy. There are multiple of add-ons that can be opted for with a comprehensive car insurance policy.
List of Top Car Insurance Add-On Covers
The availability of car insurance add-ons varies from insurer to insure. The following are some car insurance add-on covers that are offered by most of the general insurance companies:
The amount of depreciation applicable on your car and its parts is deducted by the insurer from the claim amount at the time of a claim settlement. A zero depreciation cover helps you mitigate this burden of bearing the depreciation cost of your vehicle thereby increasing your claim amount. Most of the insurers allow a maximum of 2 zero depreciation claims, however, some insurers including IFFCO Tokio allow unlimited zero depreciation claims during the policy tenure.
This add-on provides coverage for consumable elements such as grease, air conditioner’s gas, lubricants clip, bearings, fuel filter, engine oil, oil filter, break oil, nut and bolt, screw, washers, etc, which are not covered in the standard policy.
This add-on cover secures assistance services in the event of the breakdown of the insured vehicle. The services include towing to the nearest garage, on-site repair services, assistance in case of loss of keys, changing flat tyres, fuel delivery, etc.
This cover allows the policyholder to get indemnified against expenses for mechanical/electrical breakdown of the engine due to an oil spill or water ingression.
This add-on cover makes the insurance company liable to compensate the policyholder for the loss of key(s).
Calculate Your Car Insurance
It is a bundled cover that includes Hospital Allowance, Medical Expenses and Medical Transport Assistance to the policyholder in the event of an accident.
This add-on provides cover for damages such as in-tyre bulge, puncture or bursting of tyres, cut on a tyre due to an accident, etc.
This add-on cover allows you to get full invoice price of your vehicle when it suffers Total Loss, Constructive Total Loss (CTL) or theft.
This add-on helps you retain your No Claim Bonus (NCB) discount even if you had filed a claim in the last policy tenure. NCB is the discount which you get on own-damage premium for every claim-free year.
10. Loss of Personal Belongings Add-on
With this add-on, the insurer compensates the policyholder for the loss of personal belongings such as the articles or other items of a personal nature which are likely to be used, carried or worn.
11. Daily Allowance Add-on
By opting for this add-on you get a daily allowance from the insurer when the car is lost or is out for repairs.
12. Personal Laptop and Mobile Add-on Cover
This add-on allows you to get compensation for the loss of a personal laptop and mobile kept in the vehicle.
13. GAP Value Add-on Cover
This add-on helps you get the complete invoice price of the vehicle in the event of theft, total loss or constructive total loss. It also covers the Road Tax and first time registration charges against an additional premium.
Read more: Use Car Insurance Calculator to calculate the premium for your car insurance policy along with these add-ons.
Car Insurance for Popular Car Models
Car Insurance Add-ons
Find Right Car Insurance Quotes by Cars Body Type
- View Maruti Swift Insurance Quotes
- View Hyundai i20 Insurance Quotes
- View Tata Altroz Insurance Quotes
- View Maruti Baleno Insurance Quotes
- View Tata Tiago Insurance Quotes
- View Maruti Wagon R Insurance Quotes
- View Skoda Rapid Insurance Quotes
- View Honda City 4th Generation Insurance Quotes
- View Maruti Dzire Insurance Quotes
- View Hyundai Verna Insurance Quotes
- View Honda City Insurance Quotes
- View Hyundai Aura Insurance Quotes
- View Honda Amaze Insurance Quotes
- View Tata Punch Insurance Quotes
- View Mahindra XUV700 Insurance Quotes
- View MG Astor Insurance Quotes
- View Mahindra Thar Insurance Quotes
- View Hyundai Creta Insurance Quotes
- View Tata Nexon Insurance Quotes
- View Maruti Ertiga Insurance Quotes
- View Toyota Innova Crysta Insurance Quotes
- View Renault Triber Insurance Quotes
- View Maruti XL6 Insurance Quotes
- View Maruti Eeco Insurance Quotes
- View Toyota Vellfire Insurance Quotes
Learn about Car Insurance Add-On Covers
- Read along to know what is loss of personal belongings add-on in car insurance.
- Read along to know about small repair claim add-on in car insurance.
- Read more to know everything about loss of personal belongings add-on in car insurance.
- Wondering whether you require a zero depreciation cover? Read this article to find out.
- This article provides a list of top 5 car insurance covers that is best for your car. Read this article for the best car insurance add-on covers.
Car Insurance Companies Reviews & Ratings
Car Insurance Add-ons Cover FAQ
What is car insurance add-ons?
As the name suggests, add-on offers additional protection to the car which can help you enhance the coverage of your basic car insurance policy. Some popular car insurance add-ons include Roadside Assistance cover, Engine Protection cover, Passenger cover, Tyre Protection cover etc.
Are car insurance add-ons paid or free of cost?
Car Insurance add-ons are not free of cost. A policyholder can purchase them by paying a nominal amount with their basic car insurance policy.
Can I opt for multiple add-ons?
Yes, you can opt for multiple add-ons with your car insurance policy.
What is key lost add-on cover?
A key lost cover or a key replacement cover in a car insurance add-on under which the insurance company reimburses the policyholder the cost of replacement of their car key if it gets lost. Stolen or damaged.
Can I get an add on with a third-party car insurance policy?
No, car insurance add-ons cannot be purchased with a third party policy. Add-ons are only available with comprehensive plans and standalone own-damage car insurance plans.
What is engine protect cover?
Engine protect cover under which the insurance company provides insurance coverage for your car’s engine against leakage of oil, water ingression, etc
Which is the best car insurance add-ons?
The best add-on depends on the requirements of the policyholder. However, some of the popular and most selling car insurance add-ons include zero depreciation add-on, engine cover, roadside assistance and engine cover.
Can I buy add-on without buying a car insurance policy?
No, you cannot buy an add-on without buying a car insurance policy.
Car Insurance News
- How Can I Reduce the Premium of Cholamandalam Car ...
Read this article to know how to reduce the premium of Chola...20 October 2021
- Why It Is Necessary To Insure Your Second-Hand Car...
Read this article to know why it is necessary to insure seco...20 October 2021
- Cheapest Car Insurance - Is it Good Or Bad?
Some people buy the cheapest car insurance available. Read t...19 October 2021
- Constructive Total Loss in Car Insurance
Read this article to know more about the constructive total ...19 October 2021
- How To Purchase A Car Insurance Policy From Univer...
Go through this article to take a note of the things that yo...18 October 2021
- How To Check HDFC ERGO General Insurance Claim Sta...
Checking HDFC ERGO General Insurance is not that difficult. ...24 September 2021
- How to Find Your Car Insurance Policy Number?
Read to know ways through which you can find your car insura...27 August 2021
- Why Buying The Lowest-Priced Car Insurance May Be ...
Read to know some of the reasons why you should not purchase...26 August 2021
- Reasons Why You Should Renew Your Car Insurance Po...
Read more to know why you should renew your car insurance po...30 August 2021
- Essential Documents To Carry While Driving A Car
Read to know the essential documents that you should carry w...22 August 2021