- Save upto 75%*Lowest Car Premiums
- 11.5 Lakh+Happy Customers
- Claim Support7 days a week
*TP price for less than 1000cc four wheeler. All savings/offers are provided by the Insurers which are subject to modification. Terms and conditions apply
HDFC ERGO Standalone Own-Damage Car Insurance Policy
The standalone own-damage car insurance as the name suggests will take care of own-damage costs in case of a mishap. The HDFC ERGO own-damage car insurance offers protection for your vehicle from a variety of situations including theft, vandalism, road accidents, fires, natural and manmade calamities. Unlike third party insurance, the own-damage cover is not compulsory, however, it is a prudent purchase as it offers financial security in times of crisis.
Standalone Own-Damage Insurance V/S Third Party Insurance V/S Comprehensive Insurance
HDFC ERGO Third Party Insurance
HDFC ERGO Standalone Own-Damage
HDFC ERGO Comprehensive Insurance
Covers third party liabilities in case of a mishap including bodily injuries, death and property damage.
Covers own-damage costs of the car in a wide variety of scenarios such as road accidents, theft etc. Plus, insurance providers give NCB for claim-free years.
Covers both third party liabilities and own-damage costs under a single premium. Optional personal accident cover is also offered.
Does not offer add-on covers.
A number of add-on covers are available with this type of cover.
Several add-on covers are offered along with comprehensive plans.
Cheapest policy and provides basic coverage.
More expensive than third party insurance but offers better coverage.
Most expensive but offers holistic coverage for both own-damage and third party liabilities under a single premium.
What is Covered Under HDFC ERGO Standalone Own-Damage Policy?
The following are the aspects that are covered under a standalone own-damage cover:
- Accidents resulting in collisions on the road.
- Explosion or Fire that damages the car.
- Theft of the car.
- Damages due to natural or manmade disasters, eg. floods.
What is Not Covered Under HDFC ERGO Standalone Own-Damage Policy?
The following are the aspects that are not covered under a standalone own-damage cover:
- Electrical or mechanical breakdowns.
- Mishaps that occur due to illegal driving.
- Depreciation of the car.
- Mishaps that occur outside the mentioned geographical boundaries.
Benefits of HDFC ERGO Standalone Own-Damage Policy
These are some of the benefits of purchasing a standalone own-damage policy from HDFC ERGO:
- Offers protection against road accidents, fires, theft, vandalism and other mishaps.
- No Claim Bonus available for every claim-free year.
- Add-on covers to further enhance your policy available.
How To Purchase HDFC ERGO Standalone Own-Damage Policy?
Below-mentioned are the steps to purchase a HDFC ERGO standalone own-damage policy:
Step 1: Visit our website InsuranceDekho and select the car insurance tab. From the drop-down menu select ‘Standalone Own Damage’.
Step 2: Enter your car’s registration number. If you do not have this information you can also enter its make, model and year of registration.
Step 3: Provide your personal details and select ‘Submit and Get Quotes’.
Step 4: Quotes for standalone own-damage policies will be visible on the screen. Select the offer by HDFC ERGO and choose any add-ons you would like to purchase as well.
Step 5: Make the payment for your selected HDFC ERGO standalone own-damage policy and the policy document will be sent to your registered email ID.
Calculate Your Car Insurance
Explore Hdfc Ergo Car Insurance
Must Read Articles before buying Hdfc Ergo Car Insurance
- It might be an expensive error to keep paying your vehicle insurance payments to the same company for a long period.
- The Benefits of Renewing Your Car Insurance Policy on Time
- Learn everything there is to know about the total loss in auto insurance
- With the advancement of technology, traffic infringement laws have gotten harsher.
- Unexpected car accidents might not only ruin your day, but they can also put you in danger.
HDFC ERGO Car Insurance User Reviews
- Most Helpful
- Cashless Garages
- Add On
545 Hdfc Ergo Cashless Garages in India
HDFC ERGO Car Insurance Own Damage FAQs
What is an own damage cover in HDFC Ergo Car insurance plan?
An own damage insurance cover assists the policyholder to stay safeguard against the loss or damage caused to their own vehicle due to any kind of accident, theft, etc.
Who is eligible to buy HDFC Ergo standalone own damage cover?
Any individual who has purchased a third party insurance plan is eligible to buy an own-damage car insurance cover to offer coverage to their own car.
How is the premium calculated for HDFC Ergo Own damage car insurance plan?
The calculation of own-damage car insurance plan premium takes place based on factors like geographical zone, engine cc, car age, car make, vehicle type, etc.
Is it necessary to purchase an own damage cover for my car?
No, purchasing an own damage insurance plan for your car is not necessary.
What is the difference between own damage and a third party insurance plan?
The own damage insurance plan provides protection to the policyholder against the damages caused to their own car, while talking about the third party cover, the protection is offered to policyholders against third party person or third party property.
Why to buy from InsuranceDekho?
- Instant policy # within 5 mins
- More than 45 Lac happy customers
- Claim Support available all 7 days of the week
Car Insurance News
- Things You Didn't Know About A Car's IDV
The Insured Declared Value (IDV) of your automobile is the c...19 May 2022
- During The Smog Season, Here Are Some Suggestions ...
During the smog season, be aware of these strategies for red...19 May 2022
- Why And How Is A Car Insurance Background Check Pe...
Motorists benefit from car insurance since it financially pr...18 May 2022
- What Is The Procedure For Paying Shriram General I...
Shriram General Insurance provides a variety of renewal paym...18 May 2022
- How Do I Check The Status Of My Tata Aig General I...
Taking care of your vehicle should never be a financial stra...17 May 2022
- Driver and Passenger Cover In Car Insurance
Passenger insurance protects passengers traveling in the ins...22 March 2022
- The Advantages of Buying HDFC ERGO Car Insurance O...
In the market, HDFC ERGO offers a wide range of products.04 April 2022
- What Should I Do If I Get Into A Car Accident?
Do you want to know what to do if you are involved in a vehi...27 March 2022
- What Is IDV and How Does It Work?
The IDV Calculator is an online tool that determines the mar...30 March 2022
- Some Car Insurance Add-On Covers to Think About
Car insurance add-ons are available from one insurer to the ...02 April 2022