Royal Sundaram Health Insurance
|Claim Settlement Ratio||82%|
|In-House Claim Settlement||Available|
Health Insurance Calculator
Whom do you want the insurance for ?
Select the age of all members
Where do you live ?
Choose required Coverage for yourself?
Royal Sundaram Health Insurance Plan List
|Name of Plan||Sum Insured|
|LifelineMin: 91 Days; Max: No Limit||2 Lakh||Check Premium|
|Arogya Sanjeevani PolicyMin: 3 Months; Max: 65 Years||1 Lakh - 5 Lakh||Check Premium|
|Family PlusMin: 91 Days; Max: No Limit||2 Lakh||Check Premium|
|Corona Kavach PolicyMin: 1 Day; Max: 65 Years||50,000 - 5 lakh||Check Premium|
About Royal Sundaram
Formerly known as Royal Sundaram Alliance Insurance Company Limited, Royal Sundaram General Insurance Co. Limited is India’s first private sector general insurance company. It was licensed by the Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI) in 2000 and has been providing innovative general insurance solutions since then. The company offers customised insurance solutions for health, motor, travel, and personal accident to individual customers and specialised insurance products such as fire, liability, engineering, marine, and business interruption risks to commercial customers. With more than 2,000 employees in 150 branches across India, Royal Sundaram has a huge customer base of more than 4.5 million customers across the country.
Royal Sundaram General Insurance has reached some significant milestones in the field of health insurance. It is the first health insurer to pioneer the notion of cashless claim settlement. In addition, the company claims to be the first private insurer to offer novel health products such as hospital cash.Health insurance plans offered by Royal Sundaram General Insurance cover individuals and families against medical expenses in case of an emergency. The insurer offers its specially designed health insurance products to different sections of the society at affordable health insurance premiums.
Royal Sundaram Health Insurance Premium Calculation
Health insurance premium is the amount that you as an insured are required to pay to the insurance company or a broker like InsuranceDekho to avail benefits under a health insurance policy. You are required to pay a health insurance premium on a regular basis depending on the policy term chosen. It can be 1 year, 2 years, or 3 years in Royal Sundaram Health Insurance plans. But different Royal Sundaram Health Insurance plans have different premiums. There are several factors that determine the premium you are required to pay for the policy you wish to buy. Read them below:
- Age: Age is an important factor that affects the health insurance premium you are required to pay under your Royal Sundaram Health Insurance plan. The younger you are, the lesser premium you will be required to pay and vice versa. This is because when you are young, you are less likely to make health insurance claims thereby, creating lesser liability on the insurer.
- Sum Insured Chosen: The bigger the sum insured, the more the health insurance premium you'll have to pay under your plan. This is because a large sum insured assures more coverage and increases the insurer's obligation. Royal Sundaram Health Insurance plans provide you with a variety of sum insured alternatives from which to choose based on your needs.
- Pre-Existing Illness: You will be asked to produce your medical records when acquiring health insurance so that the insurer can identify if you have any pre-existing conditions.The insurer will then decide to cover you or not, on the basis of the severity of the illness. If it decides to cover you, then you will be required to pay a higher health insurance premium as you will be more likely to make claim(s) under your policy.
- Injurious Substances: You will be required to pay a higher premium for your Royal Sundaram Health Insurance plan if you have a habit of chewing tobacco, smoking, or drinking alcohol. This is because these habits are harmful to your health and you become more vulnerable to illnesses due to them.
- Body Mass Index (BMI): High Body Mass Index may lead to several illnesses including heart diseases, diabetes, joint problems, etc which might be the reason for hospitalisation. Therefore, you will be required to pay a higher premium if you have a higher BMI than others.
Top Royal Sundaram Health Insurance Plan Types
Royal Sundaram Health Insurance plans cover you and your family against several healthcare expenses. Listed below are top health insurance plans offered by Royal Sundaram Health Insurance:
1. Royal Sundaram Lifeline Health Insurance Policy: The Royal Sundaram Lifeline Policy is an indemnity health insurance policy that is available as a floater for individuals and families. If you are over the age of 18, you can purchase this policy for yourself, your spouse, and your children. Under this policy, there are no restrictions on the maximum age for admission. The policy is available in three variants: Classic, Supreme, and Elite, with sums covered ranging from Rs. 2 lakh to Rs. 1.5 crore.The policy offers you unparalleled benefits. It covers you against domiciliary hospitalisation expenses, AYUSH treatment expenses, expenses related to vaccination in case of an animal bite, wellness benefits, in-patient hospitalisation expenses, and pre-hospitalisation and post-hospitalisation expenses.
2. Royal Sundaram Family Plus Health Insurance Policy: Royal Sundaram Family Plus Policy is a unique health insurance plan that offers comprehensive coverage against healthcare expenses to you and your family. Especially designed for large families, the policy can cover up to 19 relationships at an affordable premium. Individual sum insured policies and common floater sum insured policies are available, with sum insured amounts ranging from Rs. 2 lakh to Rs. 50 lakh. If you are at least 18 years old, you can purchase the policy.The policy has no restriction on maximum entry age. It covers maternity expenses, in-patient hospitalisation expenses, pre-hospitalisation and post-hospitalisation expenses, daycare expenses, AYUSH treatment expenses, domiciliary hospitalisation expenses, etc.
3. Royal Sundaram Arogya Sanjeevani Health Insurance Policy: Another reasonable health insurance plan is the Royal Sundaram Arogya Sanjeevani Policy, which protects you and your family from basic hospitalisation costs in the event of an illness, sickness, disease, or accident. If you are between the ages of 91 days and 65 years, you can be covered under this policy for a variety of benefits, including in-patient hospitalisation expenses, pre-hospitalisation and post-hospitalisation expenses, daycare procedures, AYUSH treatment, road ambulance cover, organ donor expenses, and so on.Sum insured options under this policy range between Rs. 1 lakh and Rs. 5 lakh. The policy is available for a term for 1 year and you can pay for it on a monthly, quarterly, half-yearly, or annual basis.
What Is a Health Insurance Top-Up Plan and Why Should I Buy It?
A top-up plan is a regular health insurance policy that covers you against healthcare expenses over and above the sum insured limit of your existing health insurance plan. Top-up plans come with a deductible. A deductible is that portion of the claim amount that the insurer does not bear. It has to be paid by you to be able to enjoy the policy benefits. Due to the deductible feature, top-up health insurance plans are more affordable than regular health insurance plans to increase the sum insured. All in all, top-up health insurance plans offer you additional coverage and protect you against medical expenses that your basic health insurance plan does not cover.
On a yearly aggregate basis, Royal Sundaram Health Insurance offers the option of a top-up plan. The perk is provided under the Lifeline Health Insurance policy's Classic and Supreme variations. Amount insured options for the Classic variant are Rs. 2 lakh, Rs. 3 lakh, and Rs. 4 lakh, whereas sum insured options for the Supreme variant are Rs. 5 lakh, Rs. 10 lakh, Rs. 15 lakh, Rs. 20 lakh, and Rs. 50 lakh.The deductible options available under both the variants are of Rs. 1 lakh, Rs. 2 lakh, Rs. 3 lakh, Rs. 4 lakh, Rs. 5 lakh, and Rs. 10 lakh. Other benefits that the policy offers include cover for vaccination in case of animal bite, health and wellness benefits, maternity benefits, etc.
You can also buy the best health insurance plans at home with InsuranceDekho.
Royal Sundaram Health Insurance Top Up List
|Name of Plan||Sum Insured|
|LifelineMin: 91 Days; Max: No Limit||2 Lakh||Check Premium|
Why Choose Royal Sundaram Health Insurance?
Royal Sundaram Health Insurance is a preferred choice for many customers because of the following reasons:
- Cashless Hospitalisation at Over 5,000 Network Hospitals: Royal Sundaram Health Insurance has a strong network of more than 5,000 hospitals where you, as an insured, can avail cashless treatment without paying anything from your own pocket.
- High Claim Settlement Ratio: Royal Sundaram General Insurance has a Claim Settlement Ratio (CSR) of 81.50% for the financial year 2019-2020.
- ISO Certified Claims Process: Royal Sundaram General Insurance has an exceptional claim settlement process that has earned it the reputed ISO certification. The insurer offers a seamless claim settlement process that is quick and hassle-free and keeps the customers at ease.
- Around 20 Years of Experience in the Insurance Sector: Royal Sundaram General Insurance has experience of around 20 years in the insurance sector that has helped it grow swiftly and offer reliable insurance solutions to the customers.
Health Insurance Coverage Calculator
Who do you want to insured ?
Age of eldest insured member ?
Where do you live ?
Network Hospitals of Royal Sundaram Health Insurance
A network hospital is a hospital that your insurance company has a tie-up with. As a patient, you can receive cashless treatment at a Royal Sundaram Health Insurance network hospital, with the insurance company covering all costs. The insurer offers over 5,000 network facilities across India where you can receive treatment and would only be responsible for the charges that are not covered by your insurance.
2696 Royal Sundaram Cashless Network Hospitals in India
Royal Sundaram Health Insurance Tax Benefits
The premiums paid under Royal Sundaram Health Insurance plans can be deducted from your income tax. Every year, you can take advantage of tax savings under Section 80D of the Income Tax Act of 1961.This way a health insurance plan reduces your annual income tax liability depending on the premium paid for a health insurance policy. To understand the tax deductions better, refer to the table below:
Deduction under Section 80D of the Income Tax Act
Self, Family, Children
When the policyholder, as well as parents, are less than 60 years of age
When the policyholder and family members are aged below 60 years with parents aged over 60 years
When the policyholder, family members, and parents are aged more than 60 years
Members of HUF (Hindu Undivided Family)
*Tax benefits are subject to changes in Income Tax Act.
Royal Sundaram Health Insurance Claim Settlement Ratio
Claim Settlement Ratio or CSR is referred to as the percentage of health insurance claims settled by an insurer against the total number of claims received during a financial year. It is an important element for any health insurance company. Every year the Insurance Brokers Association of India (IBAI) provides data related to Claim Settlement Ratio of health insurance companies in its handbook. To see the Claim Settlement Ratio of Royal Sundaram Health Insurance, refer to the table below:
Claim Settlement Ratio
(Source: IBAI’s General Insurance Claim Insights Handbook For Policyholders - 4th & 5th Edition)
Royal Sundaram General Insurance Claim Process
Royal Sundaram Health Insurance offers a seamless claim settlement process that does not take much of your time. It allows you to make claims in two ways viz., cashless claim and reimbursement claim.
How To Make A Royal Sundaram Health Insurance Cashless Claim?
You can make a cashless claim under your Royal Sundaram Health Insurance plan by following the steps given below
Step 1: Get Hospitalised at Network Hospital and Inform Insurer
Get hospitalised at a network hospital at your convenience. Show your Health Card and a valid photo ID at the hospital. Inform Royal Sundaram General Insurance Company on the toll-free number 1860-425-0000. Note that you are required to notify the insurer at least 48 hours prior in case of planned hospitalisation and within 48 hours of hospitalisation in case of emergency hospitalisation.
Step 2: Fill Pre-Authorization Form
Ask for the pre-authorization form at the hospital. Fill it and submit it to the insurer along with other relevant details such as the name of the patient, hospital details, date of hospitalisation, expected discharge, etc.
Step 3: Document Verification
Your documents will be verified before processing the claim.
Step 4: Claim Settlement
The claim will be settled by Royal Sundaram Health Insurance company if it is in accordance with the terms and conditions of your health insurance policy.
How To Make A Royal Sundaram Health Reimbursement Claim?
You can make reimbursement claim under your Royal Sundaram Health Insurance plan by following the steps given below:
Step 1: Get Hospitalised at a Non-Network Hospital
Get Hospitalised at a non-network hospital as per your convenience and avail of the required treatment.
Note that you are required to notify the insurer at least 48 hours prior in case of planned hospitalisation and within 48 hours of hospitalisation in case of emergency hospitalisation.
Step 2: Pay Bills at the Hospital
Settle the bills for the treatment taken at the hospital.
Step 3: Collect the Relevant Documents
Collect relevant documents related to your treatment from the hospital.
Documents Required for Reimbursement Claim Settlement
- Following are the documents you are required to submit for reimbursement claim settlement:
- Duly filled claim request form with doctor’s signature
- Medical bills
- Test reports (x-ray, CT scan, etc.)
- Final receipts of advanced tests
Step 4: Claim Settlement
Royal Sundaram health insurance company will reimburse you the money spent on treatment except for consumable and non-medical expenses.
Claim Process at Royal Sundaram Health Insurance
- Network Hospital
- Non-Network Hospital
Claim AssistanceFor any assistance or query, call InsuranceDekho at the toll-free number 755 1196 989.
Claim IntimationEmergency hospitalisation needs intimation within 48 hours and for planned hospitalisation intimate at least 48 hours prior to admission.
Claim ProcessingFill in the pre-authorisation form and hand it over to hospital's insurance/TPA desk to initiate claim request.
Claim SettlementOnce your request is approved, claim is settled. If not approved, claim for reimbursement after discharge.
Claim AssistanceFor any assistance or query, call InsuranceDekho at the toll-free number 755 1196 989.
Claim IntimationEmergency hospitalisation needs intimation within 48 hours and for planned hospitalisation intimate within 72 hours prior to admission.
Claim ProcessingSubmit claim form with original documents such as doctor’s reports, hospital bills, diagnostic tests, etc.
Claim SettlementOnce your request for reimbursement of expenses is approved, the claim will be settled.
Benefits of Royal Sundaram Health Insurance Plans
Royal Sundaram Health Insurance plans are flexible and affordable and come with different sum insured options. Some common benefits that Royal Sundaram Health Insurance plans offer you are listed below:
- No Restriction on Maximum Entry Age: Royal Sundaram Health insurance plans do not have any limit on maximum entry age. This means you can purchase Royal Sundaram Health Insurance plans during any stage in life without any hassle.
- Portability Benefit: Portability is a feature of Royal Sundaram Health Insurance plans. This implies that if you are unhappy with your current health insurance coverage, you can move to the Royal Sundaram Health Insurance plan without losing your benefits.
- 100% Reload of Sum Insured at No Extra Cost: Royal Sundaram Health Insurance plans offer you a benefit of 100% reload of the sum insured without charging anything extra from you. This benefit can be availed when you have exhausted the sum insured under your policy due to claims made during a policy term.
- Lifetime Renewability: Royal Sundaram Health Insurance plans are renewable for a lifetime. This means you can continue to avail benefits under your policy throughout your life provided you pay the renewal premium timely.
- Preventive Healthcare And Wellness: Royal Sundaram Health Insurance plans cover you against expenses related to healthcare and wellness related services that help you assess your overall well being. These include doctor on email chat, annual health check-ups, health-related articles on your registered email id, etc.
Royal Sundaram Health Insurance User Reviews
- Network Hospitals
- Top up
- Critical Illness
Whenever I have had questions or needed assistance with my Royal Sundaram Health Insurance Policy, the custome...Read More
I wanted to purchase a policy so that I can secure my family. I looked for it on the website of InsuranceDekho...Read More
The InsuranceDekho website has a reminder feature which is amazing. I bought the Royal Sundaram Health Insuran...Read More
I wanted a health insurance plan that could fit into my budget easily because I was already facing some financ...Read More
I really like the InsuranceDekho platform for buying insurance. This excellent platform helped me buy my Royal...Read More
Latest News on Royal Sundaram Health Insurance
How to Know Royal Sundaram Health Insurance Claim Status?Royal Sundaram Health Insurance claim status is quick and easy to check online. The company offers the best customer service and most efficient services to policyholders. Read on to learn how to check the status of your Royal Sundaram Health Insurance cla
List of Health Plans Offered By Royal Sundaram Health InsuranceRoyal Sundaram Health Insurance plans are the most popular health insurance products among customers. The company provides both family floater health plans and individual health insurance. You can find a list of health plans offered by Royal Sundaram Heal
Health Insurance Plans Offering Free Health Check-Up BenefitRegular checkups are a necessary part of life. It is helpful in catching diseases early on. Find out which health insurance plans offer them for free.
Moderna, Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccines Likely In India Next Year: ReportReports suggest that Moderna and Pfizer COVID-19 vaccines are likely to be available in India in 2022. To know more, read along.
CoviSelf: India’s First Self-test Kit for COVID-19After gaining approval from ICMR, CoviSelf has become India’s first self-test kit for COVID-19. The kit will cost Rs. 250. Read along to know more.
What All Is Covered Under Royal Sundaram Health Insurance Plans?
Royal Sundaram Health Insurance plans offer you wide coverage. Read below about the healthcare expenses that the plans protect you from.
- In-Patient Hospitalisation Expenses: In-patient hospitalisation is when the patient is hospitalised for at least 24 hours. Royal Sundaram Health Insurance plans cover you against expenses related to in-patient hospitalisation expenses. These include room rent, ICU charges, nursing charges, doctor’s fee, anaesthesia charges, blood and oxygen charges, operation theatre charges.
- Pre-Hospitalisation And Post-Hospitalisation Expenses: Pre-hospitalisation and post-hospitalisation expenses are those which are incurred by the insured before and after getting hospitalised. These expenses include medical tests, medicines, vaccinations, and doctor’s or medical practitioner’s fee. Royal Sundaram Health Insurance plans cover you against such expenses.
- Daycare Procedures: Daycare procedures are those treatments which require hospitalisation of less than 24 hours under local or general anaesthesia in a daycare center or a hospital. For example, chemotherapy, radiology, cataract, angiography, tonsillitis, and dialysis. Royal Sundaram Health Insurance plans cover you against such expenses.
- Ambulance Charges: The road ambulance services required to transport the insured as a patient to the nearest hospital are covered by Royal Sundaram Health Insurance plans. The ambulance is equipped with the medical equipment that the patient may require while traveling.
- Domiciliary Hospitalisation Expenses: Domiciliary hospitalisation is a situation where the insured, as a patient, is treated at home which otherwise would require hospitalisation. Royal Sundaram Health Insurance plans cover you against such expenses if the treatment is taken for at least 3 days.
What All Is Not Covered Under Royal Sundaram Health Insurance Plans?
Royal Sundaram Health Insurance plans do not cover you against the following expenses:
- Pre-Existing Diseases up to Waiting Period: Pre-existing diseases are those medical conditions that the insured was already suffering from at the time of buying a health insurance policy. Royal Sundaram Health Insurance plans do not cover you against pre-existing diseases until the waiting period for the same is completed.
- Injuries Incurred Due to Involvement in Adventurous Sports: Royal Sundaram Health Insurance plans do not cover you against any illness, sickness, disease incurred due to participation in any hazardous or adventurous sport.
- Injuries Resulting From Suicide Attempt: Royal Sundaram Health insurance plans do not cover you against any injury arising due to attempt self-harm like suicide.
- Injuries Due to War: Royal Sundaram Health Insurance plans do not cover you against any injury arising due to war or act of war.
- HIV/AIDS: Under Royal Sundaram Health Insurance plans, you are not covered for any expenses incurred directly or indirectly due to HIV or AIDS.
Note that the inclusions and exclusions vary with different Royal Sundaram Health Insurance plans.
Royal Sundaram Health Insurance Policy Terms
Royal Sundaram Health Insurance plans are offered with the following terms:
Minimum Entry Age
Maximum Entry Age
Lifetime renewability offered
Renewal premiums are subject to change.
General Waiting Period
A waiting period of 30 days is applicable starting from the date of commencement of the health insurance policy. Benefits under the policy can only be availed after the waiting period has been completed.
Note that terms vary with different Royal Sundaram Health Insurance plans.
Choose Royal Sundaram Plan for
How to Purchase Royal Sundaram Health Insurance Policy at InsuranceDekho?
At InsuranceDekho, you can purchase Royal Sundaram Health Insurance plan in online as well as offline mode.
Buy Royal Sundaram Health Insurance Plan Online At InsuranceDekho
You can purchase Royal Sundaram Health Insurance plan online at InsuranceDekho by following the steps given below:
Step 1: Visit insurancedekho.com. Click on the ‘health’ tab.
Step 2: Select your Gender. Enter the required personal details (Name and Mobile Number). We will send a One Time Password on your mobile number. Please enter that.
Step 3: Tell us ‘When do you want to buy the policy’ by choosing one of the options from the drop-down menu. Click on the ‘View Quotes’ button.
Step 4: Select your family members whom you want to include in your policy. Click on the ‘Continue’ button.
Step 5: Select the age of the family members.
Step 6: Enter your Email ID and City. Click on the ‘Submit and View Quotes’ button. You will see the most suitable health insurance quotes on your screen. Shortlist the one you wish to buy.
Step 7: Select the policy term for the chosen health insurance policy. Fill in the required details. Pay health insurance premium online.
Buy Royal Sundaram Health Insurance Plan Offline At InsuranceDekho
You can purchase Royal Sundaram Health Insurance plan offline at InsuranceDekho by getting in touch with the customer care executives on the toll-free number 7551-196-989. You can connect with us any day between 9:30AM to 6:30 PM. You can also write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org in case of any query or support required.
Why to Buy Health Insurance Policy Online from InsuranceDekho
- Tax benefit upto 75,000*
- Claim support everyday 10AM-7PM
- 50 Lacs+ happy customers
Royal Sundaram Health Insurance Renewal Process
Royal Sundaram Health Insurance coverage can be renewed in a matter of minutes with no paperwork required. When you renew your health insurance plan, you can take advantage of accrued benefits like the No Claim Bonus (NCB) or waiting period benefits.To renew your Royal Sundaram Health Insurance policy, follow the steps given below:
Step 1: Visit the official website of Royal Sundaram Health Insurance and click on ‘Insta Renew’.
Step 2: Enter your Policy Number and Expiry Date. Click on the ‘Submit’ button.
Step 3: View your policy details and premium.
Step 4: Pay health insurance premium for your Royal Sundaram Health Insurance policy online.
Explore Royal Sundaram Health Insurance
Health Insurance News
World Hypertension Day 2023: Risk Factors For Hype...
Knowing the risk factors for hypertension can help you live ...15 May 2023
Which Company Is Best in Health Insurance?
Want to invest in health insurance? Read this article to fin...10 May 2023
All About International No Diet Day 2023
Listed below are the things you should know about Internatio...04 May 2023
Can a 75-Year-Old Get Health Insurance?
Wondering if a 75-year-old can get health insurance? The ans...03 May 2023
Things To Know About Niva Bupa Health Insurance
Here are some of the things that you should Niva Bupa Health...02 May 2023
Royal Sundaram Health Insurance Contact Details
Insurance Dekho755 1196 989Mon to Sun 10:00 AM to 7:00 PM
Royal Sundaram Health Insurance1860-425-0000Mon to Fri 10:00 AM to 7:00 PM
FAQ About Royal Sundaram Health Insurance
How to buy and apply for Royal Sundaram health insurance policy?
You can buy and apply for any Royal Sundaram Health Insurance Policy online from the official website of Royal Sundaram Health Insurance at www.royalsundaram.in or through online broker’s website like Insurancedekho.com.
How many hospitals provide cashless claim settlement in health insurance offered by Royal Sundaram?
There are 5,000+ hospitals that provide cashless claim settlement in health insurance by Royal Sundaram.
How to pay Royal Sundaram health insurance premium? What are the modes of payment available?
Royal Sundaram offers two modes of payment for the health insurance premium, viz.,
1. Cash payment at the branch
2. Online payment: For online payment mode, the policyholder can pay via credit card, debit card, or net banking.
What is the renewal process for Royal Sundaram health Insurance?
You can renew the Royal Sundaram health insurance policy by following these steps online-
- Enter your Policy Number and Date of Expiry into e-portal.
- Calculate the premium
- Select the payment option-Net Banking or Debit/Credit Card to pay.
- Upon successful payment completion, print/save the premium deposit receipt.
How can I check the policy status of my Royal Sundaram health insurance?
If you are a registered user, you can simply log into the official website of Royal Sundaram with your e-mail id and password and check the status of your Royal Sundaram mediclaim plan.
Buying Health Insurance Glossary
Latest Health Insurance Articles
Things You Should Know About World Thyroid Day 202...
Know all details related to World Thyroid Day 202319 May 2023
Importance of Getting Health Insurance That Cover...
With COVID-19 pandemic spread far and wide, and the scenario...02 January 2022
Protect Yourself from Omicron
Omicron is delivering a loud and obvious message that this...01 January 2022
Benefits of Senior Citizens Red Carpet Policy offe...
A health insurance policy is a must for all senior citizens ...04 December 2021
Benefits of Arogya Premier Policy Offered by SBI G...
SBI General Insurance Company offers several health insuranc...27 November 2021