- Save upto 75%*Lowest Car Premiums
- 11.5 Lakh+Happy Customers
- Claim Support7 days a week
*TP price for less than 1000cc four wheeler. All savings/offers are provided by the Insurers which are subject to modification. Terms and conditions apply
HDFC ERGO Third Party Car Insurance Policy
A third-party liability policy is the most basic cover offered by HDFC ERGO to car owners. A third party auto insurance cover provides you with a safeguard against third party liabilities - life and property. The cover includes legal liability cover for injury, death, and property damage caused to a third party by the insured vehicle.
The HDFC ERGO third party liability cover also offers you the compulsory Personal Accident cover of up to Rs 15 lakh. A third party liability cover is an inexpensive cover compared to a comprehensive cover and covers you for the legal requirement of having an auto insurance policy for your car.
Third Party V/S Comprehensive Car Insurance Plan
The following table highlights the key differences between a third party car insurance plan and a comprehensive car insurance plan:
|Coverage||A third party car insurance plan offers protection to the policyholder against any third party liabilities incurred including property damage, death, or bodily injuries, etc that can arise because of an accident or mishap.This insurance plan is mandatory for all the car owners to have as per Indian Motor Tariff Act.|| A comprehensive car insurance plan offers holistic coverage to the insured vehicle by providing compensation towards both own damage expenses and third party liabilities that can arise because of any mishap or unforeseen event.
|Add-On Covers||As it is basic insurance plan coverage, therefore, no add-on covers can be availed alongside any third party car insurance plan.||Under a comprehensive car insurance plan, a policyholder can avail a few add-on covers alongside the same insurance plan. Some of the commonly available add-on covers are personal accident cover, zero depreciation cover, roadside assistance cover, etc.|
|Nature of Requirement||As mandated by the Indian Motor Tariff Act, a car must at least carry a third party car insurance plan. This insurance plan provides the policyholder with legal and financial assistance in times of need.||A comprehensive car insurance plan is not compulsory but is generally the most recommended plan by the insurers as it offers coverage against third party liabilities and own damage expenses. There is no need to buy a third party insurance plan separately if a comprehensive insurance plan has been purchased.|
|Cost||These insurance plans are quite affordable as limited insurance coverage is offered to the policyholder.||This insurance plan is comparatively expensive as enhanced coverage is offered under this plan.|
HDFC ERGO Third Party Car Insurance Policy Coverage
What All is Covered Under HDFC Ergo Third Party Policy?
A third party car insurance policy offered by HDFC ERGO covers the following:
- Unlimited liability of compensation in case of injury/death of a third party by the insured vehicle. The amount of compensation is decided by a court of law.
- Compensation of up to Rs 7.5 lakhs for any third party property damage.
- Personal Accident cover of Rs 15 lakhs for the policyholder (optional).
What All is Not Covered Under HDFC Ergo Third Party Policy?
HDFC ERGO third party car insurance policy does not provide a cover for the following:
- Bodily injury of the policyholder.
- Damages/loss caused to the insured car.
- Contractual liabilities.
Calculate Your Car Insurance
Explore Hdfc Ergo Car Insurance
Must Read Articles before buying Hdfc Ergo Car Insurance
- It might be an expensive error to keep paying your vehicle insurance payments to the same company for a long period.
- The Benefits of Renewing Your Car Insurance Policy on Time
- Learn everything there is to know about the total loss in auto insurance
- With the advancement of technology, traffic infringement laws have gotten harsher.
- Unexpected car accidents might not only ruin your day, but they can also put you in danger.
HDFC ERGO Car Insurance User Reviews
- Most Helpful
- Cashless Garages
- Add On
545 Hdfc Ergo Cashless Garages in India
HDFC ERGO Third Party Car Insurance FAQs
Is it compulsory to purchase the personal accident cover along with the HDFC ERGO third party liability cover?
A Personal Accident (PA) cover of up to Rs 15 lakhs is a mandatory requirement for all car owners. However, car owners have an option to opt for it with either the auto insurance policy or separately. This means you can skip the HDFC ERGO personal accident cover if you already have one from any other motor insurer
How much compensation is offered by HDFC ERGO in case of death of a third party?
HDFC ERGO offers unlimited liability of compensation for a third party’s death due to the insured vehicle. The final amount of compensation is decided by a court of law.
Will I get the NCB discount with the HDFC ERGO third party cover?
No. No Claim Bonus (NCB) discount is not available in case of third party car insurance policy.
I have lost my HDFC ERGO third party car insurance policy documents. What should I do?
In case of loss of car insurance policy document, you can request the insurer to provide you with a duplicate copy of the document for a nominal fee. For this, you can contact HDFC ERGO at 022-6234-6234/0120-6234-6234 or visit your nearest HDFC ERGO branch.
How much compensation is provided for third party property damage?
Third party property damage is covered up to Rs. 7.5 lakh.
Why to buy from InsuranceDekho?
- Instant policy # within 5 mins
- More than 45 Lac happy customers
- Claim Support available all 7 days of the week
Car Insurance News
- In India, the Finest Crossover Cars And Their Insu...
Do you want to buy a crossover vehicle? Here's everything yo...24 June 2022
- The Regional Transport Office's Function
Learn everything you need to know about regional transport o...24 June 2022
- Renewal Of A Car Insurance Policy - How to Do It a...
Every automobile insurance policy has a period of validity a...23 June 2022
- How Can I Easily Find Car Insurance Information Us...
Learn how to find car insurance information using your regis...23 June 2022
- Renewal of a Car Insurance Policy - How to Do It a...
All about the renewal of the car policy and how to do it.22 June 2022
- Myths about Car Insurance and the Fact
This article debunks the top five myths regarding vehicle in...29 April 2022
- How Does India's E-Challan System Work
With the advancement of technology, traffic infringement law...28 April 2022
- How Do I Get an Online Car Pollution Certificate?
The Pollution Under Control Certificate, or PUC certificate,...16 May 2022
- Total Loss in Car Insurance: Everything You Need t...
Learn everything there is to know about the total loss in au...29 April 2022
- 10 Ways To Save Money On Car Insurance
Let’s discuss some tricks on how to get the best deal on you...06 May 2022