Benefits of InsuranceDekho
- 5 Minutes Policy Issuance*
Say no to spending hours and days in queues doing the paperwork for your insurance policy. Get your insurance issued instantly with InsuranceDekho. The entire process from selecting the best insurance policy to getting it issued takes just 5 minutes on InsuranceDekho.
- Over 11.5 lac Happy Customers
InsuranceDekho is becoming a household name in India. Till now we have been successful in providing a delightful experience to more than 11.5 lac customers with the help of our transparent and quick process, a dedicated support team along with the availability of numerous insurers.
- Dedicated Support Team
Our dedicated support team is available for your assistance all the 7 days. Feel free to reach out to us in case of any confusion - be it related to the purchase of an insurance policy or assistance during the settlement of a claim, our team of experts is at your service all days.
How InsuranceDekho Works?
- Fill in Your Details
Fill in your details and get insurance policy premium quotes from top-rated insurers instantly.
- Compare Quotes and Choose a Insurance Policy
From numerous available quotes, choose the one that best suits your requirements and budget.
- Make Payment and Sit Back
Pay online and get your policy right away in your inbox.
- Information on partner garagesThe list of partner garages under Raheja QBE bike insurance policy on the InsuranceDekho website is completely reliable ...Raheja QbeBy Ambar SinghOn:21st October, 2021
- Paperless insurance planOn InsuranceDekho, I had issued Edelweiss bike insurance plan for my Yamaha Alpha digitally without the use of any paper...EdelweissBy Ritul PrakashOn:21st October, 2021
- Got to know about how IDV worksI came to the InsuranceDekho website to learn how Insured Declared Value or IDV works. I came to know how it would matte...AckoBy Nimrit KaurOn:21st October, 2021
- One tap chat featureOn the InsuranceDekho website, I wanted to know regarding the inclusions under my Universal Sompo bike insurance plan is...Universal SompoBy Raghav MishraOn:21st October, 2021
- Straightforward issuance of planIssuance of the Shriram bike insurance policy for my Okinawa Lite on InsuranceDekho website was very straightforward. I ...ShriramBy Varun GandhiOn:21st October, 2021
- Important details on renewalI got to know about the importance of IDV value, about the renewal procedure and the claim settlement ratios on Insuranc...Iffco TokioBy Arjan SinghOn:21st October, 2021
- Easy to carry policyI issued a Raheja QBE car insurance policy digitally for my Renault Duster car from the InsuranceDekho platform. They pr...Raheja QbeBy Savit KhuranaOn:21st October, 2021
- Information on network garagesAt InsuranceDekho, I could gather detailed information on network garages for my Edelweiss car insurance policy issued f...EdelweissBy Amit AsthanaOn:21st October, 2021
- Rapid policy quotesI visited the InsuranceDekho and submitted the registration number of my Hyundai Verna car to get my free quotes. Within...AckoBy Yash JoshiOn:21st October, 2021
- Three-step policy issuanceI purchased a Mahindra Verito Vibe car and was on the lookout for a suitable car insurance policy. I came across the Ins...Universal SompoBy Sunaina JaiswalOn:21st October, 2021
Frequently Asked Questions About Insurance
What is insurance?
Insurance is a legal agreement between a policyholder and an insurance company wherein the latter promises to compensate the former in the event of a loss. The covered event is contingent in nature as it may or may not occur. Thus, an insurance policy keeps the policyholder shielded against such contingent events which may result in a loss. In return of this promise, the insured is required to pay a premium to the insurance provider.
Why is insurance important?
Unfortunate events like accidents, illnesses, and natural disasters come without any warning and thus it is necessary for you to keep yourself and your loved ones shielded against such unforeseen happenings. One of the best and simplest ways of keeping yourself secured against these contingent events which may cause a financial loss is buying an insurance policy.
How does insurance work?
Insurance works in a very simple manner. When you buy an insurance policy, you sign a legal contract with your insurance provider wherein it promises to make your losses good in the event of loss due to any of the events mentioned in the agreement. In return of this promise, you are required to pay a premium amount which can be either a single payment or can be paid in installments at monthly, quarterly, half-yearly, or yearly intervals. On the occurrence of any of the covered events during the policy tenure, you just need to intimate the insurance provider about the loss and the latter will provide you with compensation in accordance with the amount agreed in the contract. The compensation can be a lump sum amount or in the form of regular payouts, as agreed at the time of contract signing.
What are the types of insurance available?
Insurance can be broadly divided into two categories - life insurance and non-life/general insurance. Life insurance is further divided into various types of plans namely Term Plans, Unit-Linked Insurance Plans (ULIPs), Endowment Plans, Child Plans, Retirement Plans, Savings Plans, Personal Accident Cover, etc. All other types of insurance plans such as car insurance, bike insurance, health insurance, travel insurance, home insurance, fire insurance, marine insurance, etc come under the non-life/general insurance category.
How to make a claim in insurance?
There are two ways in which you can make a claim:
- Cashless claims: Get in touch with your insurer and inform them about your claim. Depending on the type of insurance (motor/health), the insurer will guide you about the cashless claim settlement process. In case of motor insurance, the insurer shares the details of a nearby cashless workshop if available and you just have to pay your part of the liability to get your car/bike repaired. In case of health insurance, you can get in touch with your TPA (Third Party Administrator) help desk at the time of hospitalization for a cashless claim.
- Reimbursement claim:In case of unavailability of a cashless facility, you need to make a reimbursement claim. In case of motor insurance, you need to pay the entire claim amount up front (after informing the insurer of the claim) and get it reimbursed from the insurer after the repair of your car/bike. In case of health insurance, you need to pay the entire bill amount to the hospital (after informing the insurer) and get it reimbursed from the insurer post discharge from hospital.
What are the tax benefits on insurance?
All life insurance plans qualify for a tax deduction of up to Rs. 1.5 Lakh under Section 80C of the Income Tax Act. Also, the proceeds received under life insurance plans such as death benefit, maturity benefit, and accrued bonuses qualify for a tax exemption under Section 10(10D) of the Income Tax Act.
The premium paid for health insurance plans qualify for a tax deduction of up to Rs. 25,000 under Section 80D of the Income Tax Act. These plans also qualify for an additional Rs. 25,000 tax deduction for premium paid for parents’ mediclaim policy (Rs. 50,000 if parents are senior citizens).
What Is InsuranceDekho?
InsuranceDekho is an online platform that lets you compare insurance policies from top-rated insurance companies and purchase the insurance policy that best suits your needs. Buying an insurance policy on InsuranceDekho is very simple. You just need to choose the type of policy you want, fill in the required details, compare various quotes and make payment. And you are done! Your insurance policy is issued.
What kind of insurance policies does InsurancDekho offer?
InsuranceDekho offers car insurance, bike insurance, health insurance as well as life insurance.
How long does it take to buy an Insurance Policy on InsuranceDekho?
Right from entering the details to making payment, the entire insurance issuance process takes just 5 minutes!
How do I make a payment for policy purchase on InsuranceDekho?
You can pay using a credit card, debit card, or net banking on InsuranceDekho.
How do I purchase an insurance policy?
TO buy any insurance (Car, Bike, Health, and Life), you can reach out to our dedicated support team on 7551196989 Mon to Sun 10 AM to 7 PM.