Comprehensive Car Insurance
What Is Comprehensive Insurance Coverage?
Comprehensive Insurance - A comprehensive car insurance plan is a package policy that offers coverage for the loss and damage sustained by both parties involved in the accident/mishap. It includes comprehensive insurance coverage for the damages incurred by the insured vehicle as well as third-party liabilities. It is an all-inclusive comprehensive insurance coverage plan.
Policyholders can enhance the coverage of a comprehensive policy with the help of a number of add-on covers such as zero depreciation cover, NCB cover, Bi-fuel kit cover etc., which are available with it. Although a comprehensive car insurance policy is not mandatory by law unlike a third party only car insurance policy, it is nonetheless recommended.
What All Is Covered Under Comprehensive Car Insurance?
Get comprehensive car insurance online today. Don't forget to explore the following advantages of buying a comprehensive car insurance policy.
- Own damages incurred by the insured vehicle in any road accident, natural/man-made calamity, theft, fire or any other mishap.
- Third party bodily injuries as well as death.
- Third party property damage.
What All Is Not Covered Under Comprehensive Car Insurance Policy?
- Depreciation/wear and tear of the vehicle.
- Mechanical or electrical breakdown of the insured vehicle.
- The accident occurred when the vehicle was being driven without a valid driving license.
- The accident occurred when the driver was under the influence of intoxicants.
- Any loss or damage due to mutiny war, or nuclear attacks and other events that are beyond compensation.
What is your car's brand?
Comparison - Comprehensive Car Insurance and Third Party Car Insurance
Comprehensive Car Insurance
Third Party Car Insurance
Comprehensive insurance policies offer compensation for damage caused to the insured vehicle as well as the injury/death of a third party. It also offers coverage up to a maximum cap of Rs 7.5 lakh in case of third party property damage.
The third-party car insurance plan offers compensation for injury/death of a third party (as decided by a court of law) and third party property damage (up to Rs 7.5 lakh).
A number of add-on covers such as Zero Depreciation Cover, Consumables Cover, etc. are offered along with a comprehensive car insurance policies against an extra premium.
No such add-on covers are available for purchase with the third-party policies.
Comprehensive plans are comparatively costlier due to extensive coverage.
Third-Party policies are compared cheaper to comprehensive policies due to its limited coverage.
What are the Benefits of Purchasing Comprehensive Car Insurance?
Here are the benefits of purchasing a comprehensive car insurance plan:
1. Highest Level of Protection: Car insurance adds a layer of protection for both the policyholder and his/her vehicle. It does this by compensating for any losses due to a mishap and thus giving financial stability and peace of mind in such times of crisis.
2. Covers Liabilities: In case of a mishap where the policyholder is at fault, he/she will require third-party insurance to cover the costs. This type of cover is compulsory. With a comprehensive cover, third party liabilities are taken care of.
3. Own-Damage: In the event of a mishap the insurance will also cover the cost of the vehicle’s damage. This includes damage caused due to natural or manmade calamities, vandalism, accidents and theft.
4. Single Premium: The biggest advantage of a comprehensive plan is the coverage it provides for both third party liabilities and own-damage under a single premium making it the most hassle-free way to remain insured.
5. Add-ons and NCB: With a comprehensive cover you can purchase add-on covers to further strengthen the policy. Additionally, you can also receive an NCB for claim-free years on the own-damage cover within the plan.
What Add-ons Can You Purchase with Comprehensive Car Insurance?
Add-ons covers provide additional coverage to an existing plan. Their greatest advantage is that they provide flexibility to the plans by allowing policyholders to pick and choose the aspects of insurance coverage that suits them best. The following are some of the add-on covers that are available with a comprehensive car insurance cover:
- Zero depreciation Cover
- Consumables Cover
- Engine Protector Cover
- Return to Invoice Cover
- Passenger Cover
- Roadside Assistance Cover
What is NCB in a Comprehensive Car Insurance?
Comprehensive plans have higher premiums than third party insurance. This is because the comprehensive plan includes an own-damage cover and thus provides much wider coverage. Additionally, the No Claim Bonus or NCB is offered on the own-damage cover within the plan. The NCB is a reward given by the insurance provider to the policyholder for a claim-free year. It is accumulative in nature and goes up to 50% in the 5th consecutive claim-free year. The following chart explains how the NCB is calculated:
Number of Claim Free Years
How to Purchase a Comprehensive Car Insurance Policy?
The following steps will help you purchase a comprehensive car insurance policy:
Step 1: Visit our Website InsuranceDekho
Step 2: In the ‘Get Your Quote’ section provide your car registration number or other details such as its make model and year of registration. Then select ‘proceed’.
Step 3: Enter your personal details, i.e., your name and mobile number and all the quotes for comprehensive car insurance plans will be visible on your screen.
Step 4: Compare the quotes and select the policy that suits your needs and price point.
Step 5: Make the payment for the policy of your choice and the policy document will be sent to your registered email ID.
Find Right Car Insurance Quotes by Cars Body Type
- View Hyundai i20 Insurance Quotes
- View Tata Altroz Insurance Quotes
- View Maruti Swift Insurance Quotes
- View Maruti Baleno Insurance Quotes
- View Renault KWID Insurance Quotes
- View Hyundai Grand i10 Insurance Quotes
- View Maruti Dzire Insurance Quotes
- View Honda City 4th Generation Insurance Quotes
- View Hyundai Verna Insurance Quotes
- View Honda City Insurance Quotes
- View Honda Amaze Insurance Quotes
- View Hyundai Aura Insurance Quotes
- View Mahindra Thar Insurance Quotes
- View Hyundai Creta Insurance Quotes
- View Kia Seltos Insurance Quotes
- View Kia Sonet Insurance Quotes
- View Toyota Fortuner Insurance Quotes
- View Hyundai Venue Insurance Quotes
- View Maruti Ertiga Insurance Quotes
- View Renault Triber Insurance Quotes
- View Maruti XL6 Insurance Quotes
- View Mahindra Marazzo Insurance Quotes
- View Toyota Vellfire Insurance Quotes
- View Datsun GO Plus Insurance Quotes
Car Insurance Companies Reviews & Ratings
Comprehensive Insurance FAQs
What is comprehensive car insurance?
A comprehensive car insurance is a type of policy that provides financial protection against the liabilities that you may incur towards a third party. This plan also provides coverage for own-damages sustained by your own car arising due to an unforeseen incident.
How to choose comprehensive car insurance?
Comprehensive car insurance must be selected by considering various factors such as coverage offered, insurance company's strength of network garages, cash settlement ratio, claim process etc.
Is it worth getting comprehensive car insurance?
Yes, it is beneficial to opt for comprehensive car insurance as it offers a dual coverage of standalone own-damage as well as third party cover. To know more about comprehensive car insurance click here.
Which company is better for car comprehensive insurance renewal?
There are various factors that must be considered for selecting a company for renewing a comprehensive car insurance policy. Some of them are Insured Declared Value (IDV), availability of add-ons, network garages, claim settlement ratio. On the basis of claim settlement ratio following are some good car insurance companies: IFFCO Tokio General Insurance Company (96.44%), Royal Sundaram General Insurance (94.07%), Oriental Insurance Company (93.16%), Universal Sompo General Insurance (92.45%) and New India Assurance (92.23%).
Is it compulsory to have comprehensive insurance for a new car?
No, it is not mandatory to have a comprehensive insurance policy for a new car. However, it is an advised car insurance policy for good coverage.
What is the difference between a comprehensive car insurance plan and a zero depreciation car insurance?
The main difference between the two plans is under a comprehensive car insurance plan, policyholder needs to bear the depreciation expenses of the car. Whereas, under a zero depreciation cover, car's depreciation expenses are borne by the insurance company. You can read in details about the two plans here.
Which insurance is better for a car - comprehensive insurance or third party car insurance plan?
A comprehensive car insurance is better than a third party plan as it offers wider coverage.
What is the difference between comprehensive insurance and 3rd party car insurance?
Comprehensive car insurance policy is not a mandatory policy whereas third party car insurance is a compulsory cover. Another difference between them is that the comprehensive cover offers coverage for third party liabilities as well as own-damages of your car, whereas third party plan only covers the liabilities related to third party.
Can I convert 3rd party car insurance into comprehensive?
Yes, you can convert third party car insurance into comprehensive car insurance by opting for a standalone own-damage cover with it.
Car Insurance News
- Benefits of Car Insurance Premium Calculator
The car insurance premium calculator is a useful tool that h...27 January 2021
- How Useful Are Add-On Car Insurance Covers?
Car insurance add-on cover is an extra cover which can be op...27 January 2021
- Why Protect Your Car with Suitable Motor Insurance...
Know why you should protect your car with suitable motor ins...26 January 2021
- No Claim Bonus in Car Insurance: Know More?
No Claim Bonus (NCB) is the reward of the insured to the pol...26 January 2021
- Most Common Car Insurance Myths
Let us take a look at the the myths around car insurance pol...25 January 2021
- Going On A Road Trip? Read This!
Wondering what to do before heading out on the road with you...04 January 2021
- How To Keep Your Car Battery Healthy?
The car battery is an essential part of the vehicle. In this...02 January 2021
- Endorsement in Car Insurance
What is ‘endorsement’ in car insurance? Read this article to...02 January 2021
- Understanding Return To Invoice Cover In Car Insur...
Bought a new Car? The Return to Invoice Cover may be a prude...01 January 2021
- What is the Bumper To Bumper Add-On Cover?
Confused what the bumper to bumper add--on cover offers? Rea...03 January 2021