Digit Car Insurance
- CASHLESS GARAGES 6,000
- CLAIMS SETTLED 96%
- COMPREHENSIVE CLAIMS UNLIMITED
- Towing Assistance (Till 50 kms)
- Repair Anywhere
- 24x7 Assistance
- Quick Claim Settlement
Top Digit Car Insurance Plans
Calculate Your Car Insurance Premium Online
Select your car brand
Which city is your car registered in?
When did you buy your car?
About Digit General Insurance
Also known as Go Digit, Digit Insurance is a top insurance company in India. It was founded in the year 2016 and since then it has been catering to the different needs of its customers. The company is also among the most preferred companies when buying car insurance plans. Moreover, with a claim settlement ratio of 96%, Digit Car Insurance is a reliable name for settling car insurance claims.
Things to Know About Digit Car Insurance
No. of network garages
Claim Settlement Ratio
24*7 Claim Assistance
No. of add-ons
Personal Accident Cover
Up to Rs. 15 Lakh
Eligibility for Buying Digit Car Insurance
Before planning to buy Digit Car Insurance, you must ensure to check whether your car is registered with the nearest Regional Transport Office or RTO. However, to buy a Digit car insurance plan, you must have valid documents such as car registration papers.
Reasons to Buy Car Insurance with Digit Insurance
Here are some of the benefits of buying Digit car insurance plans:
- With Digit car insurance, policyholders can get 24*7 claim assistance support. Whenever they have any claim-related queries, they can get their claims settled without any hassles.
- Digit car insurance has different types of car insurance plans such as third-party car insurance, comprehensive car insurance, and standalone car insurance.
- At over 6000 network garages, policyholders can get their car repaired without spending any money with Digit Car Insurance.
- With Digit Car Insurance, policyholders can customise their vehicle’s IDV as per their choice.
- Digit Car has the option of over 10 add-ons and with these add-ons, policyholders can get the benefits of their car insurance policy enhanced.
- Digit Insurance also lets policyholders to complete self-inspection process in a few clicks.
Types of Digit Car Insurance Plans
There are three different types of car insurance plans that you can buy with Digit: Standalone Own Damage Car Insurance, Third-party Car Insurance, and Comprehensive Car Insurance. All of these plans offer different kinds of coverage at different premiums. So, here are some of the notable differences between Digit’s Standalone, Comprehensive, and Third-party car insurance.
ICICI Lombard Third Party Insurance
ICICI Lombard Standalone Own-Damage
ICICI Lombard Standalone Own-Damage
This type of cover will take care of third party liabilities in the event of a mishap including bodily injuries, death and property damage. The maximum compensation offered for property damage with this cover is Rs 7.5 Lakh.
This type of cover takes care of the own-damage costs of the car in a wide variety of scenarios such as road accidents, theft etc. Additionally, the insurance provider offers NCB for claim-free years.
This type of insurance covers both third party liabilities and own-damage costs under a single premium. Optional personal accident cover is also offered. It is hassle-free and convenient.
Add-on covers cannot be purchased along with third party insurance.
There are a number of add-on covers are available with standalone own-damage covers.
There are several add-on covers offered along with comprehensive plans.
It is the most affordable of all the car insurance types.
It is more expensive than third party insurance. This is because it offers better coverage.
It is the most expensive but offers wider coverage for both own-damage and third party liabilities under a single premium.
Coverage in Digit Car Insurance
With Digit car insurance plans, you can enjoy the following types of coverage:
- Any damage or loss to the car due to any mishap
- If the insured car is lost or stolen
- Any damage to the car due to an outbreak of fire or any other event
- In case of a personal accident, if the owner passes away, then financial compensation is given
- Any loss or damage to a third-party
Exclusions in Digit Car Insurance
Listed below are the exclusions in Digit car insurance:
- Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Driving without a valid driving license and other policy documents
- Any kind of damage to the car due to negligence is not covered
List of Add-ons Available with Digit Car Insurance
There are several add-ons that you can include in your Digit car insurance plan to further enhance its benefits. So, here is a list of add-ons available with Digit car insurance plans:
- Zero Depreciation Cover
- Return to Invoice Cover
- Tyre Protect Cover
- Breakdown Assistance Cover
- Consumables Cover
- Engine and Gear-box Protection Cover
- Key and Lock Protect Cover
- Pay As You Drive
Benefits of Car Insurance
A car insurance is a must-have to legally drive on the Indian roads. This is because car insurance has umpteen benefits such as those listed below:
- The number of road accidents is only increasing with each day. And with car insurance, policyholders can ensure much-needed protection for their car against any damage due to an accident.
- With a third-party car insurance plan, policyholders can also stay financially protected if the insured cause any damage to a third-party
- Having car insurance also ensures peace of mind. When you have a car insurance plan, you can easily get your insured car repaired with Digit Insurance.
Why Should You Buy Car Insurance Online?
Listed below are the compelling reasons why you should buy car insurance plans online:
- Buying car insurance online is not only hassle-free but also quick. You can buy car insurance plans online in a matter of a few minutes.
- When you buy car insurance plans online, you can easily customise the car insurance plan as per your needs. You can even customise the IDV during the same.
- There is very minimal paperwork required when you choose to buy car insurance online. Just submit a few documents and get car insurance in a few clicks.
- The online process of buying car insurance is very transparent as there is no involvement of a third-party or an agent.
Claim Process with Digit Insurance
There are two types of claims that you can raise with Digit Insurance. In a cashless claim, policyholders can get their car repaired at a network garage without spending any money. On the other hand, in a reimbursement claim, policyholders need to first spend out of their pocket and then the insurance company, here Digit will reimburse for all the damages.
Now, in order to raise claims with Digit Insurance, you need to follow the given steps:
- Inform Digit Insurance about the incident that led to damage to your car
- To start with the claim process, Digit Insurance will send a surveyor to assess the total damage
- Then, once the surveyor sends the report to Digit, the claim process will get started
- In case of cashless claims, Digit will directly settle the bills at a network garage and in case of reimbursement claims, it will reimburse the claim amount to the policyholder.
Tips to Buy the Right Car Insurance
Buying car insurance can become a daunting task if you miss several key points. Here are some of the tips that you must remember to buy the right car insurance plan:
- Claim Settlement Ratio: The claim settlement ratio indicates the insurer’s efficiency in getting claims settled. Thus, always buy car insurance with a company that has a high claim settlement ratio.
- Car Insurance Premium: You must never buy a car insurance plan just because it has a lower premium. Instead, you must buy a plan that best suits both your budget and requirements.
- Number of Network Garages: Network or cashless garages are those where policyholders can get their insured car repaired in a cashless manner. The higher the number of network garages, the more beneficial it is for policyholders.
- Add-ons: You must always check whether you can include add-ons in your plan or not. Add-ons help you enhance and customise the car insurance plan as per your needs.
- Car Insurance Types: You must first understand the different types of car insurance plans and accordingly buy the right one for your car. To ensure complete protection, you must buy Comprehensive Car insurance.
How to Lower Car Insurance Premium?
There are a number of ways in which you can reduce car insurance premiums. Scroll through the section to learn more:
- Having a good driving record helps you get car insurance at affordable premiums
- You can increase voluntary deductibles to get the car insurance premium lowered
- You should avoid raising car insurance claims for minor damages. This will help you save on car insurance premiums.
How to Renew Car Insurance with Digit?
Listed below are the steps to follow to renew car insurance with Digit Insurance:
- Enter details like car registration number, city, model, and other details. Then, click on ‘get quote’
- Click on a desired plan type and also enter details of the previous plan like its expiry date
- You will then be able to view quotes and also select necessary add-ons
- Finally, make the premium payment and then the car insurance plan will get renewed
Benefits of Digit Car Insurance
- A wide network of 1,000+ garages
- 24x7 emergency assistance is provided
- 11 days of average turnaround time for car claims
- Enables the policyholders to make unlimited claims
- Smartphone enabled claim and self-inspection process.
414 Digit Cashless Garages in India
Explore Digit Car Insurance
Must Read Articles before buying Digit Car Insurance
- Read this article to know the benefits of purchasing a Digit Comprehensive Car Insurance policy.
- Read this article to understand the factors that affect the cost of your car insurance premium at Digit General Insurance.
- Pollution under control certificate or PUC certificate that verifies that the emissions exerted from your vehicle are within the permissible level.
- Do car accidents affect insurance premium? Does car insurance premium increase after claiming for an accident? Let’s read all about it and find out.
- This Diwali, let's gift something useful, something which enhances security.
Digit Car Insurance User Reviews
- Most Helpful
- Zero Depreciation
- Third Party
- Own Damage
- Cashless Garages
- Policy Download
- Customer Care
- Add On
Digit Car Insurance FAQs
What is No Claim Bonus?
No Claim Bonus (NCB) is basically a discount which is awarded to a policyholder by the insurer for making zero or no claims during the full policy term. NCB can also be accumulated over the years and the discount varies from 20% to 50% based on the damage premium.
Will Digit Car Insurance transfer my NCB when I shift from my previous car insurer?
Yes, you can transfer No Claim Bonus (NCB) from your previous car insurer to Digit General Insurance.
Will I be able to select a garage of my choice for repairs?
Digit car insurance policyholders are allowed to choose a garage as per their choice. In case you choose a workshop outside the Digit garage network, you will be provided with an advance to meet the repair expenses so that you need not raise a claim reimbursement.
At how many garages does Digit provide cashless claim settlement service?
Digit General Insurance has more than 1,000 network garages at its disposal where you can enjoy the benefit of cashless claim settlement.
What all documents do I need at the time of policy purchase or renewal?
You will not have to submit any documents as Digit has a zero paperwork policy during both the purchase as well as renewal of the policy. You just need to fill in the vehicle details such as the model, variant, registration number of the car etc. at the time of purchase and your previous policy details at the time of renewal. For these details you can refer to your car’s registration certificate (RC) and previous policy document.
Why to buy from InsuranceDekho?
- Instant policy # within 5 mins
- More than 45 Lac happy customers
- Claim Support available all 7 days of the week
Car Insurance News
Pulled over by the traffic police? Read this article to know...11 November 2023
We often look for a cheap car insurance policy. However, it ...11 November 2023
Misplaced your insurance papers? Here is what you need to do...26 October 2023
Passenger insurance provides financial protection for passen...26 October 2023
When purchasing car insurance, it's crucial to comprehend th...26 October 2023