About New India Assurance
New India Assurance Co. Ltd. is a wholly government-owned multinational general insurance company that is functional in 28 countries. Headquartered in Mumbai, the insurer is operating in a number of territories through 2935 offices and with 16795 employees and 68389 agents until December 2019. The insurer offers a variety of customised insurance solutions namely health insurance, motor insurance, rural insurance, travel insurance, home insurance, aviation insurance, marine insurance, industrial insurance, liability insurance, and customised business and SME products insurance to different sections of the society. The company has completed 100 years of operations recently. Its Indian operations have won several awards and recognitions including India Insurance Summit Award 2018:General Insurance Company of The Year and Golden Peacock Excellence Award.
Notably, New India Assurance is the only direct insurer in India that is rated A-(Excellent) by AM Best Company since 2007. Apart from premium, the company has been leading in reserves and net worth for many years in the market. New India Assurance has health insurance as one of its most promising products. It offers several affordable health insurance plans dedicated to individuals, families, senior citizens, diseases, and top-up that provide comprehensive coverage to the insured. New India health insurance plans are available for people of different age groups in India.
New India Health Insurance Premium Calculation
Health insurance premium is the amount that you are required to pay in order to avail benefits under your health insurance policy. It is important to use a premium calculator as it gives you an estimate of the premium to be paid for your shortlisted policy and helps you make an informed decision as well as manage funds. Premiums for New India Health Insurance plans differ with plan to plan and for different individuals on the basis of the following factors:
- Age: Age influences the premium you will be required to pay for your New India Health insurance plan. Older people are affected more with health conditions than people who are young. Therefore, they are more likely to get hospitalised and make claims. They are hence, required to pay a higher premium to be covered under New India Health Insurance plan.
- Medical History: If you have a family history of diseases like cancer, heart disease, or blood pressure, then you are more likely to be affected with the same and hence have higher chances of getting hospitalised. Hence, you will be required to pay a higher premium for your New India Health Insurance plan.
- Lifestyle Habits: Lifestyle habits such as smoking, drinking, chewing tobacco etc. affect your health adversely. Therefore, you are more prone to seeking medical attention if you are habitual to such activities and hence will be required to pay a higher premium. In some cases, the insurer may also reject you a health insurance policy.
- Pre-Existing Diseases: Pre-existing diseases are those which the policyholder is already affected by at the time of purchasing a health insurance policy. If you are suffering from any pre-existing disease, then your health insurance premium will be high for New India Health Insurance plans as you will be more likely to make health insurance claims.
Health Insurance Calculator
Whom do you want the insurance for ?
Select the age of all members
Where do you live ?
Choose required Coverage for yourself?
Top New India Health Insurance Plan Types
New India Health Insurance offers a series of cost-effective health insurance plans to the customers. Mentioned below are the top 5 New India Health Insurance plans along with their highlights:
1. New India Floater Mediclaim Health Insurance Policy: New India Floater Mediclaim Policy covers you and your family from hospitalisation expenses in case of an illness or injury. The policy can cover people aged between 3 months and 65 years for sum insured options ranging between Rs. 2 lakh and Rs. 15 lakh. It can cover 2-6 members including dependent children. You can avail several benefits under this policy such as cover for in-patient hospitalisation expenses, pre-hospitalisation and post-hospitalisation expenses, road ambulance expenses, expenses related to ayurvedic treatment, and daycare procedures. The policy comes with 3 optional covers namely No Proportionate Deduction, Maternity Expenses Benefit, and Revision in Limit of Cataract.
2. New India Mediclaim Health Insurance Policy: New India Mediclaim Policy is available for people aged between 3 months and 65 years. Under a single dedicated sum insured range of Rs. 2 lakh and Rs. 15 lakh. The policy offers you many benefits such as in-patient hospitalisation cover, pre-hospitalisation and post-hospitalisation expenses cover for new born baby, cataract expenses, ayurvedic, homeopathy, and unani systems of medicine, daycare procedures, health check-up, hospital cash, and cover for medical expenses incurred on organ transplant. The policy comes with 4 optional covers namely No Proportionate Deduction, Maternity Expenses Benefit, Revision in Limit of Cataract, and Voluntary Co-Pay of 20%.
3. New India Premier Mediclaim Health Insurance Policy: New India Premier Mediclaim Policy protects you and your family members including spouse, dependent children, and dependent parents, from unforeseen hospitalisation expenses. People aged between 3 months and 65 years can be covered under this policy for sum insured options ranging between Rs. 15 lakh and Rs. 1 crore. The policy is available in two plan variants from which you can choose as per your requirements. The policy protects you from several healthcare expenses such as in-patient hospitalisation expenses, organ donor expenses, ambulance expenses, OPD treatment expenses after every two blocks of claim free years, expenses related to infertility treatment, and ayurvedic treatment expenses.
4. New India Asha Kiran Health Insurance Policy: New India Asha Kiran Policy is a unique product that offers health cover to parents with only one girl child in case of an injury or illness. People aged between 18 years and 65 years can purchase this policy and include the dependent daughter aged between 3 months and 25 years. The policy can cover the proposer, spouse, and up to 2 dependent daughters. The policy also offers cover in case of accidental death, loss of one limb and one eye or loss of both eyes or loss of both limbs, loss of one limb or one eye, and permanent total disablement other than the ones specified above.
5. New India Top-Up Mediclaim Health Insurance Policy: New India Top-Up Mediclaim Policy is a top-up health insurance plan that offers additional cover to the insured in case it exceeds the threshold stated in the policy. To be the proposer of this policy, you must be aged between 18 years and 25 years. The sum insured options available under this policy is of Rs. 5 lakh to Rs. 22 lakh with deductible options ranging between Rs. 5 lakh and Rs. 8 lakh. The policy protects you from in-patient hospitalisation expenses, road ambulance expenses, ayurvedic treatment expenses, and expenses related to the treatment of cataract.
New India Health Insurance Plan List
|Name of Plan||Sum Insured|
|Floater MediclaimMin: 3 Months; Max: 65 Years||2 Lakh||Get Quotes Now|
|Asha Kiran PolicyMin: 91 days; Max: 60 years||2 Lakh - 8 Lakh||Get Quotes Now|
|Arogya Sanjeevani PolicyMin: 3 months; Max: 65 years||1 Lakh - 5 Lakh||Get Quotes Now|
|Corona Kavach PolicyMin: 1 day; Max: 65 years||50,000 - 5 lakh||Get Quotes Now|
|Mediclaim PolicyMin: 3 Months; Max: 65 Years||1 Lakh||Get Quotes Now|
|Premier Mediclaim PolicyMin: 3 Months; Max: 65 Years||15 Lakh||Get Quotes Now|
|Cancer Mediclaim PolicyMin: 18 Years; Max: 70 Years||50,000||Get Quotes Now|
|Senior Citizen Mediclaim PolicyMin: 60 Years; Max: 80 Years||1 Lakh||Get Quotes Now|
|Janata Mediclaim PolicyMin: 3 months; Max: 60 years||50 Thousand - 75 Thousand||Get Quotes Now|
What Is A Health Insurance Top-up Plan and Why Should I Buy It?
A top-up health insurance policy is additional coverage for those who have an existing health insurance policy. Every top-up policy comes with a deductible. If your medical bill exceeds the deductible in a single hospitalisation, then the top-up policy can be used. The premium that you pay for a top-up health insurance policy is subject to tax deductions under Section 80D of the Income Tax Act, 1961.
New India Health Insurance offers a top-up health insurance policy named New India Top-Up Mediclaim Policy. The policy covers in-patient hospitalisation expenses incurred within India. The policy responds only when the aggregate of all hospitalisation expenses of one or all the members exceeds the threshold limit known as deductible, as stated in the policy. The policy is available with sum insured options ranging between Rs. 5 lakh and Rs. 22 lakh and deductible options ranging between Rs. 5 lakh and Rs. 8 lakh. People aged between 18 years and 65 years can be the proposer for this policy. The covered individuals can avail of several benefits under this policy such as cover for hospitalisation expenses, road ambulance expenses, AYUSH treatment expenses, and expenses related to cataract treatment.
Why Choose New India Health Insurance?
New India Health Insurance has gained people’s trust over the years because of the following factors:
- Rated AAA/Stable by CRISIL Since 2014: New India Health Insurance has been rated AAA/Stable by CRISIL since 2014 which indicates the highest degree of the financial strength of the insurer.
- Excellent Claim Settlement Ratio: New India Health Insurance has an excellent Claim Settlement Ratio (CSR) of 92.68% for the financial year 2019-2020. This shows that the insurer handles claims well.
- Industry Experience of More Than 100 Years: New India Health Insurance has an industry experience of more than 100 years. This has helped the insurer gain knowledge about the industry’s inner workings.
- Wide Network of Hospitals: New India Health Insurance has a strong network of more than 1,500 hospitals where you can avail cashless treatment without paying for the medical expenses covered under your health insurance policy.
- Diligent Customer Support Team: New India Health Insurance has a hardworking team of customer support that offers you a helping hand by answering your insurance-related queries.
Health Insurance Coverage Calculator
Who do you want to insured ?
Age of eldest insured member ?
Where do you live ?
Network Hospitals of New India Health Insurance
A network hospital is a hospital that has an agreement with the insurance company to provide cashless treatment to the individuals insured under health insurance plans from that insurer. New India Health Insurance has more than 1,500 network hospitals where you can avail treatment for the medical procedures listed under your health insurance policy. Simply put, to avail treatment in these hospitals, you will not have to run around to make arrangements for money. You can avail treatment in case of planned hospitalisation as well as emergency hospitalisation in network hospitals.
1003 New India Cashless Network Hospitals in India
New India Health Insurance Tax Benefits
Apart from many coverage benefits offered under New India Health Insurance plans, you can also avail tax benefits on the premium paid for them under Section 80D of the Income Tax Act 1961. If you make the premium payment in one go, then you can avail tax benefits for the number of years the insurance has been purchased for. To understand the tax deduction clearly, refer to the table given below:
Deduction under Section 80D of the Income Tax Act
Self, Family, Children
When the policyholder as well as parents are less than 60 years of age
When the policyholder and family members are aged below 60 years with parents aged more than 60 years
When the policyholder, family members, and parents are aged more than 60 years
Members of the HUF (Hindu Undivided Family)
*Tax benefits are subject to changes in Income Tax Act.
New India Health Insurance Claim Settlement Ratio
Claim Settlement Ratio or CSR is the ratio of a number of claims settled by an insurer against the total number of claims received by it during a financial year. For instance, if the claim settlement ratio of an insurer is 90%, then it means that the insurer has settled 90 claims out of every 100 claims received. To know the Claim Settlement ratio of New India Health Insurance for the past two years, refer to the table below:
Claim Settlement Ratio
(Source: IBAI’s General Insurance Claim Insights Handbook For Policyholders - 3rd & 4th Edition)
New India Health Insurance Claim Process
The claim settlement process for New India Health Insurance plans is simple, transparent, and quick. The insurer allows you to make claims in two ways namely cashless and reimbursement. Cashless claims can be made at the network hospital whereas reimbursement claims can be made at non-network hospitals.
How To Make A New India Health Insurance Cashless Claim?
Follow the steps given below to make cashless claim under your New India Health Insurance plan:
Step 1: Get Hospitalised at a Network Hospital
Get hospitalised at a network hospital of your choice. Intimate the TPA about the hospitalisation.
Note that you are required to inform the TPA immediately or 48 hours before in case of planned hospitalisation and within 24 hours from the time of hospitalisation in case of emergency hospitalisation.
Step 2: Submit the Cashless Claim Form
Submit the duly filled cashless claim form to the TPA.
Step 3: Verification of Documents
The TPA will verify your documents and check if the claim is in accordance with the terms and conditions mentioned under your policy.
Step 4: Settlement of Claim
If the claim request gets approved, then the insurer will issue pre-authorization to the network hospital on the basis of which you can avail cashless treatment and the insurer will pay for the same.
How To Make A New India Health Reimbursement Claim?
Follow the steps given below to make reimbursement claim under your New India Health Insurance plan:
Step 1: Get Hospitalised at a Non-Network Hospital
Get hospitalised at a non-network hospital of your choice. Intimate the TPA within 24 hours from the time of hospitalisation.
Step 2: Avail the Required Treatment And Settle Bills
Avail the required treatment at the hospital. Pay for the expenses incurred during treatment.
Step 3: Collect the Related Documents From the Hospital
Collect the documents from the hospital for further processing of claim. You are required to submit the claim document within 7 days from the date of discharge from the hospital.
Documents Required for Reimbursement Claim Settlement
You are required to submit the following documents for reimbursement claim settlement:
- Duly filled claim form with relevant details and signature
- Original discharge report
- Original hospital bills
- All other original reports related to the treatment
- The future line of treatment (follow-ups)
Step 4: Claim Settlement
If the insurer finds the claim as well as the documents in accordance with your health insurance policy, then it will pay for the expenses incurred on the medical treatment availed.
Claim Process at New India Health Insurance
- Network Hospital
- Non-Network Hospital
Claim AssistanceFor any assistance or query, call InsuranceDekho at the toll-free number 755 1196 989.
Claim IntimationEmergency hospitalisation needs intimation within 24 hours and for planned hospitalisation intimate within 48 hours prior to admission.
Claim ProcessingFill in the pre-authorisation form and hand it over to hospital's insurance/TPA desk to initiate claim request.
Claim SettlementOnce your request is approved, claim is settled. If not approved, claim for reimbursement after discharge.
Claim AssistanceFor any assistance or query, call InsuranceDekho at the toll-free number 755 1196 989.
Claim IntimationEmergency hospitalisation needs intimation within 24 hours and for planned hospitalisation intimate within 48 hours prior to admission.
Claim ProcessingSubmit claim form with original documents such as doctor’s reports, hospital bills, diagnostic tests, etc.
Claim SettlementOnce your request for reimbursement of expenses is approved, the claim will be settled.
Benefits of New India Health Insurance Plans
On choosing New India Health Insurance plans, you can avail of the following benefits:
- Wide Sum Insured Limit: New India Health Insurance plans offer you a wide range of sum insured that you can choose as per the requirement of yourself and the family members. The plans are available with sum insured as low as Rs. 1 lakh and go up to as high as Rs. 1 crore, therefore offering you greater protection.
- Reinstatement of Sum Insured: New India Health Insurance plans are available with reinstatement of sum insured benefit. This means that the insurer refills the sum insured amount in case it gets exhausted because of the claims made during the policy term.
- Lifetime Renewability Facility: New India Health Insurance plans come with a lifetime renewability benefit. This means you can renew your health insurance plan by paying the renewal premium and avail the continuation benefits.
- Cumulative Bonus: New India Health Insurance plans provide you a No Claim Bonus for every year a claim is not made up to a specific limit.
- Portability Benefit: New India Health Insurance plans offer portability benefits. This means that you can switch to any suitable New India Health Insurance from an insurance policy offered by any other insurer in case you are not satisfied with it. You can port to New India Health Insurance policy at the time of renewal.
New India Health Insurance User Reviews
- Network Hospitals
- Top up
- Critical Illness
Latest News on New India Health Insurance
- As per Maharashtra Health Minister, the state government will take a final decision on Covid-19 lockdown after April 14. SOPs and guidelines for the lockdown will be decided today. To know more, read along.
- The training for Covid-19 vaccination is about to begin in the national capital. More in detail in this post.
- The Central Government has recently announced Co-WIN application for coronavirus vaccine. To know more in detail, read along.
- Coronavirus has had a massive impact on the lives of Indians. Finally, there is a significant drop in coronavirus cases in India. Let us find out more about it.
- As per the fresh set of guidelines issued by IRDAI, health insurance companies cannot reject policyholders' claims after 8 years of premium payment. Know more.
What All Is Covered Under New India Health Insurance Plans?
New India Health Insurance plans cover you from the following medical expenses:
- In-Patient Hospitalisation Expenses: New India Health Insurance plans offer cover for in-patient hospitalisation expenses. These are the medical expenses incurred during 24 hours of hospitalisation. For instance, room rent, nursing, boarding expenses etc.
- Pre-Hospitalisation And Post-Hospitalisation Expenses: New India Health Insurance plans offer cover for pre-hospitalisation and post-hospitalisation expenses. These include expenses incurred on medical tests, doctor’s consultation fee, etc.
- Road Ambulance Expenses: New India Health Insurance plans offer cover for road ambulance services required to transport the insured to the nearest hospital in case of an emergency. The ambulance will have the medical facilities required during transportation.
- Expenses Related to Daycare Procedures: Daycare procedures are those medical treatments that require hospitalisation of less than 24 hours. New India Health Insurance plans offer cover for such procedures.
- Organ Donor Expenses: New India Health Insurance plans offer cover for medical expenses incurred by the organ donor for the organ transplant.
What All Is Not Covered Under New India Health Insurance Plans?
New India Health Insurance plans do not provide you cover for the following:
- Intentional Self-Inflicted Injury: New India Health insurance plans do not cover you against any expenses incurred on the treatment required for any bodily injury or illness due to deliberate exposure to danger, attempt of suicide, or any intentional or self-inflicted injury.
- Injury Due to Involvement in Adventure Sports: New India Health Insurance plans do not cover you against treatment for any injury or illness arising due to participation in a hazardous sport of any kind.
- Genetic Disorders: New India Health Insurance plans do not cover you against expenses related to treatment for genetic disorders and stem cell implantation.
- Participation in Any Criminal Act: New India Health Insurance plans do not cover you against the treatment of any illness or injury incurred due to participation in any criminal act.
- Treatment Taken Outside India: New India Health Insurance plans do not cover you for any expenses incurred on treatment taken outside the geographical boundaries of India.
Note that inclusions and exclusions vary with different New India Health Insurance plans.
Choose New India Assurance Critical Illness Plan
New India Health Insurance Policy Terms
New India Health Insurance plans are available with the following terms:
Minimum Entry Age
Maximum Entry Age
Renewable for a lifetime
Health insurance renewal premiums are subject to change without any prior notice.
General Waiting Period
A general waiting period of 30 days is applicable. It begins from the date of issue of the policy. You will be able to avail policy benefits only after completing this waiting period.
Note that terms and conditions vary with different New India Health Insurance plans.
Choose New India Assurance Plan for
How to Purchase New India Health Insurance Policy at InsuranceDekho?
At InsuranceDekho, you can buy New India Health Insurance plans in online as well as offline mode. Both offer you the utmost convenience and do not take much of your time.
Buy New India Health Insurance Plan Online At InsuranceDekho
To buy New India Health Insurance policy online, follow the simple steps given below:
Step 1: Visit insurancedekho.com. Click on the ‘health’ tab.
Step 2: Select your Gender. Provide your personal details (Name and Mobile Number). You will receive a One Time Password on your mobile phone. Kindly enter that.
Step 3: Answer the question ‘When do you want to buy the policy’ by selecting the most relevant option from the drop down menu. Click on the ‘View Quotes’ button.
Step 4: Select the family members you wish to add in your health insurance policy. Click on the ‘Continue’ button.
Step 5: Select the age of the family members selected.
Step 6: Enter your Email ID and City. Click on the ‘Submit and View Quotes’ button. You will see the most suitable health insurance plans on your screen. Click on the one you wish to buy.
Step 7: Select the term for which you want to buy the selected health insurance plan. Fill in the required details. Pay the required health insurance premium online.
Buy New India Health Insurance Plan Offline At InsuranceDekho
You can purchase New India Health Insurance policy offline by getting in touch with the customer care executives at InsuranceDekho and sharing your health insurance requirements. Our toll-free number is 7551-196-989. You can call us any day between 9:30 AM to 6:30 PM.
You can also write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and get your queries solved.
Why to Buy Health Insurance Policy Online from InsuranceDekho
- Tax benefit upto 75,000*
- Claim support everyday 10AM-7PM
- 45 Lacs+ happy customers
New India Health Insurance Renewal Process
Renewing a health insurance plan is equally important as buying a health insurance policy is. This is because it allows you to continue availing benefits under your health insurance policy such as waiting period benefits, No Claim Bonus etc. New India Health Insurance allows you to renew your health insurance policy online by following a few simple steps given below:
Step 1: Visit the official website of New India Health Insurance. Click on the Quick Help tab and then on Quick Renewal tab.
Step 2: Enter personal details like customer ID and policy number and Click Proceed.
Step 3: Select the most suitable quote from the ones displayed on your screen.
Step 4: Pay the required renewal premium online via secured payment gateway.
Explore New India Health Insurance
Health Insurance News
- Decision on Maharashtra Covid-19 Lockdown To Come ...
As per Maharashtra Health Minister, the state government wil...12 April 2021
- Covid-19 Vaccination Training To Start In Delhi
The training for Covid-19 vaccination is about to begin in t...17 December 2020
- India’s Improved Covid-19 Recovery Rate Is 93.94%
Coronavirus has had a massive impact on the lives of Indians...01 December 2020
- KSRTC to Pay Rs. 2.6 Crore to New India Assurance ...
KSRTC to pay Rs. 2.6 Crore to New India Assurance to offer e...27 September 2019
- Insurance Companies To Offer COVID-19 Specific Ins...
The Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India ...06 June 2020
- Are Spouses Allowed to Split Health Insurance Prem...
Income tax laws do not put any restriction on splitting the ...03 July 2019
FAQ About New India Health Insurance
Does New India Assurance offer any health insurance plan for a family?
Yes. New India Assurance offers health insurance plans specially designed for families. Some of them are-New India Premier Mediclaim Policy, New India Floater Mediclaim Policy and New India Mediclaim Policy.
Is pre-acceptance medical check-up required to buy health insurance policies from New India Assurance?
Yes. Some policies by New India Assurance require the applicants to undergo a pre-acceptance medical check-up. However, if the proposal is accepted, then 100% of the cost of this check-up is reimbursed to the Proposer.
Does New India Assurance provide Hospital Cash benefit under any of its health insurance plans?
Yes. New India Assurance provides Hospital Cash benefit up to a specified limit under some of its health insurance policies like-New India Asha Kiran Policy, New India Premier Mediclaim Policy and New India Floater Mediclaim Policy.
What is the toll-free customer care number of New India Assurance?
The toll-free number of New India Assurance is 1800-209-1415.
What is the address of New India Assurance?
The address of The New India Assurance is-
New India Assurance Building,
87, MG Road, Fort, Mumbai
Latest Health Insurance Articles
- Importance of Getting Health Insurance That Cover...
With COVID-19 pandemic spread far and wide, and the scenario...02 January 2022
- Protect Yourself from Omicron
Omicron is delivering a loud and obvious message that this...01 January 2022
- Benefits of Senior Citizens Red Carpet Policy offe...
A health insurance policy is a must for all senior citizens ...04 December 2021
- Benefits of Arogya Premier Policy Offered by SBI G...
SBI General Insurance Company offers several health insuranc...27 November 2021
- Benefits of Health Companion Policy offered by Niv...
Health Companion Policy is a popular indemnity based health ...20 November 2021
- Best Dental Insurance Plans You can Buy Online in ...
Purchasing dental health cover brings along many benefits. R...29 January 2020
- 5 Health Insurance Plans With Low Waiting Period f...
Coverage for pre-existing conditions comes with a waiting pe...12 April 2019
- Top 3 Health Insurance Policies Covering Maternity...
Becoming a parent is always special and requires a comprehen...15 March 2019
- How to Check Star Health Insurance Policy Status a...
Do you want to check Star Health Insurance policy status onl...21 September 2020
- Mediclaim Insurance Policy: Tips to File Reimburse...
Want to know how to file health insurance reimbursement clai...21 November 2019