What is third party car insurance? Third party only car insurance policy is an insurance cover which insures you against all the third party legal liabilities which may arise due to any mishap such as a road accident involving your car. It provides coverage for bodily injury/death of a third party (as decided by a court of law) as well as third party property damage up to Rs. 7.5 lakh.
Importance of Third Party Car Insurance
Why do you need third party insurance for car? As per the Motors Tariff Act 2002, it is mandatory for every vehicle owner in India to have at least a third party only car insurance policy. A third party car insurance policy provides the most basic coverage and is more affordable as compared to a comprehensive plan. Thus, besides being a mandatory requirement it is also essential to have your vehicle insured by at least a third party only cover so that you have a minimum of basic insurance coverage for your car.
What is your car's brand?
What All Is Covered Under A Third-Party Car Cover?
- Third Party Property Damage: All third party property damage are covered under the third party only cover up to Rs.7.5 lakh.
- Third Party Death/Bodily Injury: Under a third-party plan, the insurer provides 100% compensation in case of death of a third party and 50% indemnification in case of partial blindness or loss of a limb. The compensation amount for third party liabilities is decided by a court of law.
What Is Not Covered Under Third Party Car Insurance?
A third party car insurance policy does not provide coverage for own-damage sustained by a vehicle or its driver/owner. To get an insurance for own-damage of your car, you can purchase a comprehensive car insurance policy or standalone own-damage car insurance policy. Also, to insure yourself or the driver of your car you need to opt for a personal accident cover or paid driver cover, as the case may be.
Third Party Car Insurance Vs Comprehensive Car Insurance
Third Party Car Insurance
Comprehensive Car Insurance
The third-party insurance offers compensation for injury/death of a third party( as decided by a court of law) and third party property damage (up to Rs 7.5 lakh).
Comprehensive car insurance policies offer compensation for damage caused to the insured vehicle as well as the injury/death of a third party. It also offers coverage up to a maximum cap of Rs 7.5 lakh in case of third party property damage.
No such add-on covers are available for purchase with the third-party policies.
|A number of add-on covers such as Zero Depreciation Cover, Consumables Cover, etc. are offered along with a comprehensive car insurance policies against extra premium.|
Third party insurance are compared cheaper to comprehensive policies due to its limited coverage.
Comprehensive plans are comparatively costlier due to extensive coverage.
Add-ons For Your Car Insurance Policy
Find Right Car Insurance Quotes by Cars Body Type
- View Tata Altroz Insurance Quotes
- View Hyundai Elite i20 Insurance Quotes
- View Maruti Swift Insurance Quotes
- View Maruti Baleno Insurance Quotes
- View Renault KWID Insurance Quotes
- View Hyundai Grand i10 Insurance Quotes
- View Maruti Dzire Insurance Quotes
- View Honda City 4th Generation Insurance Quotes
- View Honda City Insurance Quotes
- View Hyundai Verna Insurance Quotes
- View Hyundai Aura Insurance Quotes
- View Honda Amaze Insurance Quotes
- View Toyota Urban Cruiser Insurance Quotes
- View Kia Sonet Insurance Quotes
- View Mahindra Thar Insurance Quotes
- View Kia Seltos Insurance Quotes
- View Hyundai Creta Insurance Quotes
- View Hyundai Venue Insurance Quotes
- View Maruti Ertiga Insurance Quotes
- View Toyota Innova Crysta Insurance Quotes
- View Renault Triber Insurance Quotes
- View Maruti XL6 Insurance Quotes
- View Toyota Vellfire Insurance Quotes
- View Mahindra Marazzo Insurance Quotes
- View Land Rover Range Rover Insurance Quotes
- View BMW X5 Insurance Quotes
- View Audi A6 Insurance Quotes
- View BMW 3 Series Insurance Quotes
- View Audi Q8 Insurance Quotes
- View Land Rover Range Rover Velar Insurance Quotes
Car Companies User Reviews
Car Insurance News
- What To Do If Your Friend Crashes Your Car
It is surely a stressful situation if your car has been cras...20 October 2020
- Cashless Car Insurance Claims Explained
A cashless car insurance claim refers to a car insurance cla...19 October 2020
- Mistakes to Avoid When Buying Car Policy Online
Here are some common mistakes to avoid when buying car insur...19 October 2020
- Zero Depreciation Car Insurance Explained
What is Zero Depreciation Cover? What are the Benefits of Ze...19 October 2020
- Must Have Things When When You're Stuck In Car
You should know must-have things when stuck in your car. Ro...17 October 2020
- Know Which Are the Best Car Insurance Companies in...
Here is a list of the best car insurers in terms of claim se...20 September 2019
- Which Insurance Company Provides the Cheapest Car ...
Here is a list of car insurance plans available at reasonabl...24 September 2019
- How to Claim Car Insurance After Meeting an Accide...
Browse step by step experts guide on how to make a car insur...23 December 2019
- Is Personal Accident Cover for Owner-Driver Compul...
Every car owner in India is mandatorily required to have a p...09 December 2019
- Things to Know About Multi Year Car Insurance Poli...
There are multiple benefits of a multi year car insurance po...09 January 2020