HDFC ERGO Car Insurance Zero Depreciation
It hurts when your insurance company pays the claim amount after factoring in for the depreciation on your car. However, opting for the Zero Depreciation add-on cover ensures that your insurer offers you the complete coverage amount, i.e., full cover for all the parts of your car sans deduction of the depreciation amount. This means that in the event of your car getting damaged due to any reason including vehicular collision, the insurance company will pay in full the entire cost of your car. This does not cover engine damage caused due to an oil spill or waterlogging. Also, you can buy this cover only if your car is equal to or less than five years old. The premium charges for this cover are high, which means that the policyholders must pay an amount equivalent to 15-20 percent over and above the standard premium rates.
Benefits of HDFC ERGO Car Insurance Zero Depreciation
Paying extra for zero depreciation cover helps, some benefits of zero depreciation are:
- People driving new cars are more prone to damages or wear and tear during driving. Having this cover ensures that the insured receives the full amount in cover, initially paid for the car.
- The entire cover for luxury cars can be claimed post damage.
- Those living in accident-prone areas must consider buying this cover to ensure financial security against any kind of damage.
- Expenses on repair or replacement of spare parts are settled without considering the depreciation factor.
Factors affecting Zero Depreciation
Before you opt for a zero depreciation cover, you must keep certain factors in mind.
- You can buy zero depreciation cover only if your car is not more than five years old.
- Replacement of only the depreciated value of the car parts is possible in case of basic zero depreciation car insurance cover.
- Damage caused to the car’s batteries or other parts can also be recovered. However, the coverage is limited as 50 percent depreciation is deducted on car batteries while 30 percent is deductible on other parts of the car made of plastic, rubber or nylon.
- Seeking the benefits of zero depreciation cover involves paying higher premium amounts. Therefore, you must consider buying this only if you are ready to payhigh premium.
HDFC ERGO Car Insurance Claim Process
Download the claim formDownload the claim form from the insurance company’s website.
Complete DetailsSubmit correct and complete details in the claim form.
Submit NEFT detailsSubmit NEFT details in the claim form along with a cancelled cheque.
KYC DetailsDownload the KYC form from the company’s site. Fill in the KYC details and submit a copy of any of the KYC documents listed in the form for all claims equal to or more than Rs. 1 lakh.
Sit back RelaxThe amount will be credited to your account within 14 days of form submission.
HDFC ERGO Car Insurance User Reviews
Excellent. Renewed my bike insurance within 15 mins
FRIENDLY TEAM MEMBERS
Good experience. Nice service.
Excellent Good Mohd Suhail
Followup and communication skills good a Mohd Suhail Very Good Persond And Thakyou So Much Mohd Suhail
HDFC ERGO Car Insurance FAQ's
What factors affect the premiums charged towards zero depreciation cover?The premiums charged towards zero depreciation cover is 15-20 percent more than the standard premium rates. The insurance company calculates the increased premium charges based on factors including:
- Age of the car
- Car model
- Registration locality of your car
Is the claim settlement process different in zero depreciation insurance policy? What is the restriction on the number of claims that can be made?Zero Depreciation cover is usually bought by new car drivers who are yet to master their driving skills. However, this cover is based on the concept of depreciation that gets deducted from the cover amount. It is important to note that the depreciation on any car is calculated only once a year while new drivers are prone to meet with numerous accident during the first year. To cut down on the multiple claims made by the insured, the insurance company allows it’s zero depreciation insurance policyholders to make claims only once a year.
Can I seek zero depreciation cover even if my car is more than five years old?Many insurance companies are reluctant to allow zero-depreciation insurance beyond five years. However, you may still consider seeking approval of the insurance company before paying for this cover. The insurer after looking at your claim history or out of customer loyalty may allow you to avail the benefits of this cover after paying additional premiums.
How is the zero depreciation cover different from the standard cover that one buys?The biggest difference lies in the amount of coverage settled between the insurance company and the insured. Under the standard comprehensive insurance cover, the insurance company agrees to settle the coverage amount based on the “Insured Declared Value” of the vehicle. Having the “Zero Depreciation Cover” means that the insurer is liable to pay the full coverage amount irrespective of the depreciation amount.
When should you buy a zero depreciation cover?You must buy this cover if:
- You are driving a new car
- Your is an expensive luxury car
- You live in a densely populated area prone to accidents
- If you have fitted expensive spare parts in your car