No Claim Bonus (NCB) in Car Insurance
NCB Add-on in Car Insurance Policy
A No Claim Bonus (NCB) is a discount offered by the insurance company to the policyholder on the own-damage premium amount of the car insurance policy at the time of policy renewal. NCB is offered in return of not making a claim during the entire tenure of the car insurance policy. The NCB discount percentage ranges between 20%-50% depending on the number of claim-free years.
NCB Calculation for Car Insurance
Below table will show you the NCB slab on the number of claim-free years:
Number of Claim-Free Years
NCB Offered on Own-Damage Premium
NCB is available only if the policyholder has not made even a single claim during the entire policy period. Thus, if a policyholder makes even one claim, he/she is not entitled to the NCB. However, by opting for a car insurance add-on cover known as the NCB Protect, a policyholder can keep his/her NCB intact even after making a claim during the tenure of the policy subject terms and conditions of the insurance company.
Benefits of No Claim Bonus in Car Insurance
Highlighted below are few NCB benefits to car owners under the car insurance plan:
- Offers Rewards: NCB rewards you for being a responsible driver and keeping your car in a proper condition. Therefore, in a way you can get rewards through No claim bonus by not filing for claims during the previous years.
- Low Premiums: At least 20% of your car insurance premium yearly can be earned by the policyholder through NCB. Discount percentage for NCB is offered to the policyholder for every claim free year.
- Portable: The NCB benefit can be ported to another car in case you change your vehicle. Additionally, it can be ported from one insurance company to another if you decide to purchase insurance from some other insurance company.
Who Should Get A No Claim Bonus Protect Cover?
- All car owners
- New drivers
- Car owners who wish to save the reward for not making much claims.
Find Right Car Insurance Quotes by Cars Body Type
- View Hyundai i20 Insurance Quotes
- View Maruti Swift Insurance Quotes
- View Maruti Baleno Insurance Quotes
- View Tata Altroz Insurance Quotes
- View Tata Tiago Insurance Quotes
- View Maruti Wagon R Insurance Quotes
- View Honda City 4th Generation Insurance Quotes
- View Maruti Dzire Insurance Quotes
- View Hyundai Verna Insurance Quotes
- View Honda City Insurance Quotes
- View Hyundai Aura Insurance Quotes
- View Honda Amaze Insurance Quotes
- View Mahindra Thar Insurance Quotes
- View Hyundai Creta Insurance Quotes
- View Kia Seltos Insurance Quotes
- View Toyota Fortuner Insurance Quotes
- View Kia Sonet Insurance Quotes
- View Hyundai Venue Insurance Quotes
- View Maruti Ertiga Insurance Quotes
- View Toyota Innova Crysta Insurance Quotes
- View Renault Triber Insurance Quotes
- View Maruti XL6 Insurance Quotes
- View Maruti Eeco Insurance Quotes
- View Toyota Vellfire Insurance Quotes
Car Insurance Companies Reviews & Ratings
FAQ About No Claim Bonus Add-on in Car Insurance
When can I opt for the NCB add-on in insurance?
The NCB Protect cover can be opted for either at the time of policy purchase or policy renewal. Also, there are some insurance companies which allow addition of add-on covers in between the policy period.
Is the NCB Cover add-on available with a third party car insurance plan?
No. Like all other car insurance add-ons, the NCB Protect cover is also available with only comprehensive and standalone own-damage car insurance plans and not with a third party car insurance plan.
How many claims are allowed with the NCB Protect cover?
The number of claims allowed with the NCB Protect cover vary from insurance company to insurance company. However, generally up to 2 claims are allowed with the NCB Protect cover.
Can I add other add-ons also along with the NCB Protect cover to my car insurance plan?
Yes, you can add as many add-ons as you wish with the NCB Protect Cover to your standard comprehensive/standalone own-damage car insurance policy.
When am I entitled to receive the NCB on the own-damage premium of my car insurance policy?
The NCB on the own-damage premium of your car insurance policy is available to you at the time of policy renewal.
Is NCB benefit provided by all the insurance companies selling car insurance plans?Yes, no claim bonus is offered by all the car insurance providers selling motor insurance policies in India. Also, the chances of policyholders making any small or unnecessary claims are reduced as they would not want to risk earning the discounts on premium.
Can NCB be used for multiple cars?No, no claim benefit cannot be used for more than one car or insurance plan. However, NCB can be transferred from one plan to another.
Is NCB cover really necessary for the car owners?An NCB cover offers protection to the policyholder even if they have filed for one or two claims during the insurance plan term. They are eligible to get discounts on premiums even after raising a claim.
How can I retain my NCB cover if I decide to sell my vehicle?If you decide to sell your vehicle and have NCB, then this can be used by you for the next insurance policy by submitting form 29 or a sales deed for transfer of ownership along with the NCB retention certificate to the RTO office. After attesting NCB retention certificate, it can be utilized to get premium discounts on your new car insurance plan.
What are the documents required for the transfer of No Claim Bonus?Different insurance providers can ask for a different set of documents. However, the documents generally asked for at the time of transfer of NCB are: 1. NCB transfer application 2. Sales Agreement 3. NCB certificate 4. Booking receipt if buying a new vehicle 5. Car Insurance Plan Copy
Car Insurance News
- How Modification Affects The Premium Of A Car Insu...
Learn this this article how modification affects the premium...18 April 2021
- Importance Of Add-On Covers In Car Insurance
Read more to learn about the importance of add-on covers in ...18 April 2021
- Things To Know About Zero Depreciation Cover In Ca...
Read this article to learn things about zero depreciation co...17 April 2021
- Easy Steps To Get Duplicate Copy Of Car Insurance ...
Here are some easy steps to get duplicate copy of car insura...17 April 2021
- Key Components in Your Comprehensive Car Insurance...
Before purchasing a car insurance plan, everyone should cond...16 April 2021
- Top Secrets About Car Insurance That You Should Kn...
Know top secrets about car insurance that may be unknown to ...23 March 2021
- Simple Steps to Renew Your Car Insurance Policy On...
Read this post to learn about simple steps to renew your car...18 March 2021
- Benefits of Engine Protection Cover in Car Insuran...
Engine protection is an important add-on cover under a car i...31 March 2021
- Tips to Make Your Car Insurance the Top Deal Ever
Trying to choose the best car insurance plan for you? Here a...24 March 2021
- How to Switch A Car Insurance Company?
Here is the complete guide as to how to switch a car insuran...28 March 2021