Best Car Insurance Quotes
The car insurance policy quotes are generally premium of different insurers which plays a vital role in choosing the most suitable plan for your car. It helps policyholders to compare different quotes based on their requirements and budget to finalise the most ideal car insurance cover for them.
- Save upto 75%*Lowest Car Premiums
- 45 Lakh+Happy Customers
- Claim Support7 days a week
*TP price for less than 1000cc four wheeler. All savings/offers are provided by the Insurers which are subject to modification. Terms and conditions apply
Car Insurance Quotes Online
Car Insurance Quotes - The cost of a car insurance quote is called the premium. The premium for a third party plan is fixed by the Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority (IRDAI), which varies on different engine capacities. However, the premium for standalone own-damage and comprehensive car insurance plans are based on a range of factors such as the extent of coverage, make, model and variant of the car, type of fuel of the car, RTO location, and so on.
What are the Factors Affecting Vehicle/Car Insurance Quotes?
There are a number of factors that affect the premium quote of car insurance. Some of them are as follow:
1. Type of the Plan
The premium of the plan depends on the coverage opted for. Wider the coverage, the greater the premium. There are three basic types of car insurance based on the coverage they provide:
- Third Party Insurance: This type of insurance is compulsory and covers the cost of third party liabilities including bodily injuries, death and property damage.
- Standalone Own-Damage Insurance: This covers the cost of the policyholder’s vehicle damage in case of a mishap but is not compulsory.
- Comprehensive Car Insurance: This type of cover provides compensation for both third party liabilities and own-damage costs under a single premium making it the most hassle-free option of the three.
2. MMV of Your Car/Vehicle
The primary factor which affects the premium quote of your car insurance policy is your car’s MMV - make, model and variant.
3. Fuel Type
Another factor that affects the car insurance premium quote of an insurance policy is the fuel type of the car/vehicle. Different premiums are charged for diesel cars and different premiums are quoted for petrol cars.
4. Policyholder’s Profession
Insurance companies give weightage to the correlation between the policyholder’s risk of accident and their professions and hence adjust the premium accordingly. People involved with professions such as cab drivers, delivery agents are usually at a higher side of risk and thus a relatively higher premium charged to me.
5. Policyholder’s Credit Score
Many insurance companies take into consideration the credit score of the applicant to determine the Car Insurance Premium.
6. Car Size
Generally larger cars are considered safer than smaller cars in accidents. Therefore, often insurance companies offer relatively lower premiums to bigger cars than smaller ones.
7. Car’s Safety Rating
Buying a car with a high safety rating means can help you get a car insurance plan at a relatively lower premium due to increased safety and lower chances of meeting an accident.
8. Policyholder’s Driving History
If the owner of the car/vehicle has been in accidents or has made previous car insurance claims, the insurance company will tend to charge a relatively higher premium to such individuals.
How To Get Best Car Insurance Quotes at InsuranceDekho?
To use the car/vehicle Insurance quotes calculator, you need to follow the following steps:
Step 1: Go to InsuranceDekho
Step 2: Select the car tab and write your registration number. If you don’t know the car number then click on “Don't know your car number?” and select the brand, model, feel type, variant, registration year and registration city to continue.
Step 3: Further Proceed by entering your name and mobile number
Step 4: Click on “Submit and Get Quotes”. Customized quotes for you will appear on the screen.
How to Compare Car Insurance Quotes Online?
The following tips will help you compare different car insurance policies to help you find the one best suited to your needs:
- Understand what you need: One way to ensure that you can make an informed decision is to learn the basics of car insurance and its terminology. At InsuranceDekho we have created a number of articles to help you in this regard. Click here to read them. Knowing the basics of car insurance will help you understand what your insurance needs exactly are.
- Choose the right insurance provider: There are a number of pointers you can use to determine the reputation of the insurance provider. This includes the insurance settlement ratio, the customer care reviews, the ease of claim processing etc. We usually make claims in times of distress and a non-efficient claim process can add to your frustrations at such a time.
- Check the terms and conditions of the policy: A lot of the insurance is in the fine print. Hence, make sure to read the policy you choose carefully, there are often a number of things that are not covered mentioned there that can make the policy a bad bargain.
- The cheapest policy is not the best: When comparing car insurance policies, it is easy to just veer towards the cheapest premium amount. However, keep in mind low premiums also mean low coverage or high deductibles, this can prove more expensive in the long run. The best policies are affordable and effective at the same time.
How to Compare Car Insurance Quotes Online on InsuranceDekho?
The following steps will help you compare the different car insurance policies online:
Step 1: Visit our website InsuranceDekho.
Step 2: In the ‘Get Your Quote’ section provide the car registration number and click the button. If you do not have your registration number for some reason you can also provide other information such as the car’s make, model and year of registration.
Step 3: Provide your personal details, i.e., your name and mobile number and click proceed.
Step 4: All the quotes of your category will be available on the screen. You can compare and select the one that best suits your needs. If you purchase a comprehensive or own-damage cover you can also purchase add-on covers.
Step 5: Once you have selected a policy best suited to your needs, you can make the payment for the policy and the document will be sent to your registered email ID.
What are the Benefits of Comparing Car Insurance Online?
Online purchase is easier and effective nowadays as it is swift, simple and suitable. The benefits of comparing car insurance online are:
- Get Better Insurance Plans: Most policies have some value add-on covers that increase the scope of the coverage it provides such as free towing and other inbuilt add-ons. With online platforms such as Insurancedekho comparing the different policies, the car insurance companies and their network of cashless garages can be done with just a few clicks.
- Find A Reliable Company: Purchasing insurance from a reputable website like ours ensures that your insurance is done safely, with no chance of you being scammed. Comparing the insurance policy by comparing helps you get the policy from a trusted and reliable insurance company, which will help you get safer car insurance experience.
- Convenient Insurance Experience: Purchasing insurance is now extremely simple online, you can do it yourself. Moreover, in case you lose your document it is also easy to replace it this way.
- You can Save on the Premium Costs: Different car insurance companies offer plans at different prices. Policy comparison will help you find car insurance policies offered by some insurance companies at low prices or with discounts. Therefore, comparing car insurance policies will help you find the best car insurance deal.
- Easy Claim Settlement: Car insurance comparison provides you assistance in claim settlement as well. It becomes possible as during the comparison you can select the insurance company with a wide range of network garages and high claim settlement ratio, which ultimately confirm an easy and speedy claim settlement process.
What are the Pros and Cons of Purchasing Insurance Online?
The pros of buying a car insurance plan are as follows:
- You can choose from a wide variety of plans and can opt for the best one based upon your requirements and budget.
- You can make comparisons of prices, features, coverage, benefits offered by different plans under one single platform i.e InsuranceDekho.
- The whole online policy buying process is cost-effective and convenient as it involves lesser paperwork.
- The online policy purchasing process allows the policyholder to make decisions for themselves like policy renewal, paying premiums, keeping a track of investments, etc.
The cons of buying car insurance plan online are as follows:
- There are a few shortcomings of buying a car insurance plan online, and one of them is lack of customization. Moreover, one can also not negotiate over the different plan rates online.
- One needs to keep an eye on the online scams as there is information regarding your personal and financial data on the website of the insurance company from where you have bought the policy from.
- Lack of prior knowledge regarding insurance and computer usage in order to make a well-informed decision.
- Lack of familiar assistance during the time of claim filing.
Car Insurance for Popular Car Models
Car Insurance Add-ons
Find Right Car Insurance Quotes by Cars Body Type
- View Maruti Swift Insurance Quotes
- View Maruti Baleno Insurance Quotes
- View Hyundai i20 Insurance Quotes
- View Tata Tiago Insurance Quotes
- View Tata Altroz Insurance Quotes
- View Maruti Alto 800 Insurance Quotes
- View Hyundai Verna Insurance Quotes
- View Maruti Dzire Insurance Quotes
- View Hyundai Aura Insurance Quotes
- View Honda City Insurance Quotes
- View Honda Amaze Insurance Quotes
- View Skoda Slavia Insurance Quotes
- View Mahindra Thar Insurance Quotes
- View Tata Punch Insurance Quotes
- View Tata Nexon Insurance Quotes
- View Mahindra XUV700 Insurance Quotes
- View Toyota Fortuner Insurance Quotes
- View Maruti Brezza Insurance Quotes
- View Maruti Ertiga Insurance Quotes
- View Renault Triber Insurance Quotes
- View Maruti XL6 Insurance Quotes
- View Toyota Vellfire Insurance Quotes
- View Mahindra Marazzo Insurance Quotes
- View Datsun GO Plus Insurance Quotes
FAQs About Car Insurance Quotes Online
What is the meaning of a car insurance quote?
A car insurance quote is the premium estimate for the insurance plan opted by you and the information submitted.
Is the premium for comprehensive car insurance same for all type of cars?
No, when it comes to premium for comprehensive car insurance, it is different for all cars. The premium cost for the plan varies depending upon the MMV (make, model and variant) of the car, the engine capacity of the car, age of the car, the add-ons opted for, and a number of other factors.
How can I reduce my car insurance premium amount?
You can reduce your car insurance premium amount by following the below mentioned simple tips:
- Avoid making small claims in order to keep your NCB intact.
- Install anti-theft devices approved by ARAI (Automotive Research Association of India) in your car to get the discount.
- Increase the amount of deductible to reduce the car insurance premium.
- Ensure to transfer your No Claim Bonus during the renewal of your car insurance plan.
How the age of the car impact the car insurance premium cost?
The Insured Declared Value (IDV) provided by a car insurance company for an old or aged car is lower than that of a new car. The car's age impacts the IDV due to the depreciation loss that has been endured by the car. Thus, the premium amount of aged cars is lower than that of new cars.
How to compare car insurance policy quotes at InsuranceDekho?
At the website of InsuranceDekho, you can simply compare various car insurance policy quotes. All the car insurance policy quotes that appear to you are personalised as per the policy details shared. Thus, you can easily compare the car insurance plan quotes on the basis of the available insurance coverage and other valid features offered by the car insurance covers.
Is an online car insurance plan a valid document?
Yes, as per the motor laws of India, a car insurance plan document that is issued online is legally valid. However, while purchasing the insurance plan, ensure that it has been purchased through an Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI) registered insurance company.
What is the meaning of IDV in a car insurance plan?
IDV or Insured Declared Value is the maximum sum that needs to be compensated by the insurance company during the time of claim in case the car gets damaged beyond repair or gets stolen.
Is the comparison of car insurance quotes free of cost?
At InsuranceDekho, you get the facility of comparing different car insurance quotes offered by different insurance companies absolutely free of cost. However, while purchasing a car insurance plan, you are required to pay the premium amount.
Should I purchase car insurance having the lowest premium quote?
No, the car insurance plan with the lowest premium quote may not be the best plan for you. An optimum car insurance plan is the one that fulfills your requirements concerning affordability, coverage, etc. Therefore, the premium quote is just another basis and not the only parameter for deciding the best car insurance plan.
Is the lowest premium quote the best car insurance quote?
No, the lowest premium quote need not be the best car insurance quote. The best car insurance plan is the one that meets your requirements like coverage, affordability, etc in the best manner. Thus, the premium quote is one of the basis and not the sole parameter for determining the best car insurance plan.
Car Insurance News
- How To Buy New Car Insurance Online?
In order to purchase a car insurance plan online, you need ...02 February 2023
- How to Get the Best Car Insurance Quote?
Read on for a detailed guide on how to get the best car insu...01 February 2023
- 10 Must-have Accessories To Have When Going On A L...
Read on to know all about these car accessories for long dri...31 January 2023
- Guide To Choose The Right Car Insurance Plan
Read on to learn more about how to easily choose the right c...30 January 2023
- NOC process in car insurance
Read on to understand all about the NOC process in car insur...27 January 2023