Car Insurance Quotes Online
Car Insurance Quotes - The cost of a car insurance quote is called the premium. The premium for a third party plan is fixed by the Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority (IRDAI), which varies on different engine capacities. However, the premium for standalone own-damage and comprehensive car insurance plans are based on a range of factors such as the extent of coverage, make, model and variant of the car, type of fuel of the car, RTO location, and so on.
What are the Factors Affecting Vehicle/Car Insurance Quotes?
There are a number of factors that affect the premium quote of car insurance. Some of them are as follow:
1.Type of the Plan
The premium of the plan depends on the coverage opted for. Wider the coverage, the greater the premium. There are three basic types of car insurance based on the coverage they provide:
- Third Party Insurance: This type of insurance is compulsory and covers the cost of third party liabilities including bodily injuries, death and property damage.
- Standalone Own-Damage Insurance: This covers the cost of the policyholder’s vehicle damage in case of a mishap but is not compulsory.
- Comprehensive Car Insurance: This type of cover provides compensation for both third party liabilities and own-damage costs under a single premium making it the most hassle-free option of the three.
2. MMV of Your Car/Vehicle
The primary factor which affects the premium quote of your car insurance policy is your car’s MMV - make, model and variant.
3. Fuel Type
Another factor that affects the premium quote of an insurance policy is the fuel type of the car/vehicle. Different premiums are charged for diesel cars and different premiums are quoted for petrol cars.
4. Policyholder’s Profession
Insurance companies give weightage to the correlation between the policyholder’s risk of accident and their professions and hence adjust the premium accordingly. People involved with professions such as cab drivers, delivery agents are usually at a higher side of risk and thus a relatively higher premium charged to me.
5. Policyholder’s Credit Score
Many insurance companies take into consideration the credit score of the applicant to determine the Car Insurance Premium.
6. Car Size
Generally larger cars are considered safer than smaller cars in accidents. Therefore, often insurance companies offer relatively lower premiums to bigger cars than smaller ones.
7. Car’s Safety Rating
Buying a car with a high safety rating means can help you get a car insurance plan at a relatively lower premium due to increased safety and lower chances of meeting an accident.
8. Policyholder’s Driving History
If the owner of the car/vehicle has been in accidents or has made previous car insurance claims, the insurance company will tend to charge a relatively higher premium to such individuals.
How To Get Best Car Insurance Quotes at InsuranceDekho?
To use the car/vehicle Insurance quotes calculator, you need to follow the following steps:
Step 1: Go to InsuranceDekho
Step 2: Select the car tab and write your registration number. If you don’t know the car number then click on “Don't know your car number?” and select the brand, model, feel type, variant, registration year and registration city to continue.
Step 3: Further Proceed by entering your name and mobile number
Step 4: Click on “Submit and Get Quotes”. Customized quotes for you will appear on the screen.
How to Compare Car Insurance Quotes Online?
The following tips will help you compare different car insurance policies to help you find the one best suited to your needs:
- Understand what you need: One way to ensure that you can make an informed decision is to learn the basics of car insurance and its terminology. At InsuranceDekho we have created a number of articles to help you in this regard. Click here to read them. Knowing the basics of car insurance will help you understand what your insurance needs exactly are.
- Choose the right insurance provider: There are a number of pointers you can use to determine the reputation of the insurance provider. This includes the insurance settlement ratio, the customer care reviews, the ease of claim processing etc. We usually make claims in times of distress and a non-efficient claim process can add to your frustrations at such a time.
- Check the terms and conditions of the policy: A lot of the insurance is in the fine print. Hence, make sure to read the policy you choose carefully, there are often a number of things that are not covered mentioned there that can make the policy a bad bargain.
- The cheapest policy is not the best: When comparing car insurance policies, it is easy to just veer towards the cheapest premium amount. However, keep in mind low premiums also mean low coverage or high deductibles, this can prove more expensive in the long run. The best policies are affordable and effective at the same time.
How to Compare Car Insurance Quotes Online on InsuranceDekho?
The following steps will help you compare the different car insurance policies online:
Step 1: Visit our website InsuranceDekho.
Step 2: In the ‘Get Your Quote’ section provide the car registration number and click the button. If you do not have your registration number for some reason you can also provide other information such as the car’s make, model and year of registration.
Step 3: Provide your personal details, i.e., your name and mobile number and click proceed.
Step 4: All the quotes of your category will be available on the screen. You can compare and select the one that best suits your needs. If you purchase a comprehensive or own-damage cover you can also purchase add-on covers.
Step 5: Once you have selected a policy best suited to your needs, you can make the payment for the policy and the document will be sent to your registered email ID.
What are the Benefits of Comparing Car Insurance Online?
The benefits of comparing car insurance online are:
- Easy to Compare: Most policies have some value add-ons that increase the scope of the coverage it provides such as free towing and other inbuilt add-ons. With online platforms such as Insurancedekho comparing the different policies, the car insurance companies and their network of cashless garages can be done with just a few clicks.
- Reliable: Purchasing insurance from a reputable website like ours ensures that your insurance is done safely, with no chance of you being scammed.
- Convenient: Purchasing insurance is now extremely simple online, you can do it yourself. Moreover, in case you lose your document it is also easy to replace it this way.
What are the Pros and Cons of Purchasing Insurance Online?
The following are the pros and cons of purchasing car insurance online:
Instant Access to Policy Documents
Agent Creates Familiarity and Ease
Doubts About Insurance Can Be Answered Online
Prior Knowledge Required to Make Informed Choice
Lower Premiums Due to No Middle Man
Knowledge and Access of Computer Required
Find Right Car Insurance Quotes by Cars Body Type
- View Hyundai i20 Insurance Quotes
- View Maruti Swift Insurance Quotes
- View Tata Altroz Insurance Quotes
- View Maruti Baleno Insurance Quotes
- View Hyundai Grand i10 Insurance Quotes
- View Renault KWID Insurance Quotes
- View Maruti Dzire Insurance Quotes
- View Honda City 4th Generation Insurance Quotes
- View Honda City Insurance Quotes
- View Hyundai Verna Insurance Quotes
- View Honda Amaze Insurance Quotes
- View Hyundai Aura Insurance Quotes
- View Mahindra Thar Insurance Quotes
- View Hyundai Creta Insurance Quotes
- View Toyota Fortuner Insurance Quotes
- View Kia Seltos Insurance Quotes
- View Kia Sonet Insurance Quotes
- View MG Hector Insurance Quotes
- View Maruti Ertiga Insurance Quotes
- View Renault Triber Insurance Quotes
- View Maruti XL6 Insurance Quotes
- View Mahindra Marazzo Insurance Quotes
- View Toyota Vellfire Insurance Quotes
- View Datsun GO Plus Insurance Quotes
FAQs About Car Insurance Quotes Online
What does a car insurance quotes mean?
The car insurance premium denotes the cost of the car insurance policy taken for the car.
Is the premium for comprehensive car insurance same for all type of cars?
No, when it comes to premium for comprehensive car insurance, it is different for all cars. The premium cost for the plan varies depending upon the MMV (make, model and variant) of the car, the engine capacity of the car, age of the car, the add-ons opted for, and a number of other factors.
How can I reduce the amount of car insurance premium for my plan?
You can reduce the cost of car insurance premium with the help of following tips: Ensure that you pick the plan provided by various insurance companies only after comparing them. You should choose the plan that best suits your needs and budget. Install ARAI (Automotive Research Association of India) approved anti theft devices in your car and get a discount of 2.5% (up to Rs. 500) on the own-damage premium of your car insurance policy. If you are a member of the Automobile Association of India (AAI) then you are eligible for a discount on your car insurance premium amount. You should not make claims for the little amount of expenses to keep your No Claim Bonus (NCB) discount unchanged and avail it later. Always remember to transfer your NCB at the time of car insurance policy renewal.
How the age of the car impact the car insurance premium cost?
The Insured Declared Value (IDV) provided by a car insurance company for an old or aged car is lower than that of a new car. The car's age impacts the IDV due to the depreciation loss that has been endured by the car. Thus, the premium amount of aged cars is lower than that of new cars.
How to compare car insurance policy quotes at InsuranceDekho?
At the website of InsuranceDekho, you can simply compare various car insurance policy quotes. All the car insurance policy quotes that appear to you are personalised as per the policy details shared. Thus, you can easily compare the car insurance plan quotes on the basis of the available insurance coverage and other valid features offered by the car insurance covers.
For how long do car insurance quotes remain valid at InsuranceDekho?
At InsuranceDekho, the generated car insurance premium quotes generally remain valid for around 10 days, however, they may change if the premium rates shared by insurance companies change or if the age of the car gets changed during the period.
How to get car insurance quotes online at InsuranceDekho?
You can get the best car insurance quotes at InsuranceDekho by following the below-mentioned steps:
Step 1: Visit insurancedekho.com and click on the tab for ‘Car’.
Step 2: Enter your car’s Registration Number. If you do not remember your car’s registration number, please choose the ‘Don't know your car number?’ option.
Step 3: A pop up window will appear. Now, select your car’s brand name, model, fuel type, variant, registration year, registration city and RTO.
Step 4: Enter your personal details - Name and Mobile Number. Click on ‘Submit and Get Quotes’.
Confirm the expiry date of your previous car insurance policy and the name of your previous car insurer.
Step 5: All available premium quotes from different insurers will be displayed to you.
How can I find cheaper car insurance quotes online?
You can find cheaper car insurance plans by comparing different quotes. You can do so by visiting InsuranceDekho and selecting the quote which best suits your requirements.
Are car insurance quotes free?
InsuranceDekho offers the service of comparing insurance premium quotes for your car for free. However, you need to pay the premium at the time of buying a car insurance plan.
Is the lowest premium quote the best car insurance quote?
No, the lowest premium quote need not be the best car insurance quote. The best car insurance plan is the one that meets your requirements like coverage, affordability, etc in the best manner. Thus, the premium quote is one of the basis and not the sole parameter for determining the best car insurance plan.
Car Insurance News
- Why Is It Important to Renew Car Insurance on Time...
Know in this post why it is important to renew car insurance...19 January 2021
- Things to Consider When Buying Car Insurance in In...
Planning to buy car insurance in India? This post is for you...19 January 2021
- Different Types of Cars Explained! A Detailed Guid...
Read along to learn about different types of cars.18 January 2021
- Benefits of Long Term Car Insurance Policy
Want to uncover benefits of long term car insurance? Read al...18 January 2021
- Guide to Get a Duplicate Copy of Your Car Insuranc...
Read this post to know how to get a duplicate copy of your c...17 January 2021
- Going On A Road Trip? Read This!
Wondering what to do before heading out on the road with you...04 January 2021
- How To Keep Your Car Battery Healthy?
The car battery is an essential part of the vehicle. In this...02 January 2021
- Endorsement in Car Insurance
What is ‘endorsement’ in car insurance? Read this article to...02 January 2021
- Understanding Return To Invoice Cover In Car Insur...
Bought a new Car? The Return to Invoice Cover may be a prude...01 January 2021
- What is the Bumper To Bumper Add-On Cover?
Confused what the bumper to bumper add--on cover offers? Rea...03 January 2021