- Network of 31 regional offices and more than 1,800 active branches
- A huge number of network garages, which offer direct cashless claim
- Total strength of 14,000+ employees and well established in the rural parts of the country.
- Overseas operations in countries like Nepal, Kuwait and Dubai
Oriental Comprehensive Car Insurance Policy
A comprehensive car insurance policy is a type of cover which insures against both third party liabilities as well as own damages incurred by your car in a road accident or any other unfortunate event. It is advised insurance cover for all types of car as it provides a comprehensive coverage at a nominal premium amount against all heavy repair and replacement expenses which you incur due to a mishap involving your car.
The Oriental Comprehensive Car Insurance Cover insures you against all third party liabilities as well as financial losses incurred by your car in a road accident, natural disaster, man-made calamity, fire, explosion, riots, civil unrest, theft, etc.
Comprehensive Car Insurance vs Third Party Car Insurance
Comprehensive car insurance
Third party car insurance
Car owners are not legally required to have a comprehensive car insurance policy. However, it is advised policy for all types of cars.
A third party car insurance is a compulsory requirement for all car owners as per the Indian Motor Tariff.
It provides coverage for both third party liabilities as well as own damages suffered by the insured’s car in a road accident, natural/man-made calamity, fire, theft, riots, etc.
It covers all third party liabilities only- bodily injuries, temporary/permanent disability, death of a third party as well as third party property damage up to Rs. 7.5 lakh.
The premium for a comprehensive policy is relatively more than a third party policy due to enhanced coverage.
The premium for a third party car insurance is relatively less than a comprehensive policy due to the limited coverage.
Oriental Comprehensive Car Insurance Coverage
- Damages incurred by the insured’s car in any accident, theft, natural/man-made calamity, etc.
- Limited/unlimited coverage in case of bodily injury/permanent disability or death of a third party.
- Third party property damage up to Rs. 7.5 lakh.
Oriental Comprehensive Car Insurance Benefits
- Availability of personal accident coverage of up to Rs. 15 lakh
- Instant and paperless claim settlement process
- Responsive customer support
- Availability of a number of add-on covers for enhanced coverage
Explore Oriental Car Insurance
- Read More
- Read More
- Read More
Oriental Car Insurance User Reviews
- Most Helpful
Oriental Comprehensive Car Insurance FAQs
My vehicle broke down in the middle of the road. Since I was in a hurry, I could not take it to an authorised garage for repairs. Can I still claim insurance for the same?It is fine if you had to take your vehicle to an unauthorised garage for repairs. However, it is important that you intimate the same to the insurer and get your vehicle inspected by the company’s surveyor before starting any repair work on the car. Without the necessary survey, the insurer is unable to assess the quantum of loss and, thus, evaluate the extent of the claim amount that must be disbursed.
If my car meets with an accident outside the city in which I got it registered, will I still be able to make an insurance claim?If you have bought an Oriental comprehensive car insurance policy, then you can avail the claim amount for any loss/damage caused to your car anywhere in India.
Is it necessary to have a comprehensive insurance cover?No, it is not a legal requirement to have a comprehensive car insurance cover, however, it is advised to cover for all car owners as it provides coverage for not only third party liabilities but also for damages incurred by the insured’s car in a road accident or any other mishap.
Is it possible to transfer a comprehensive car insurance from one car to another?No, transfer of any car insurance policy, including a comprehensive cover, from an insured car to another is not possible.
Which add-on covers s I buy to enhance my car insurance cover?The choice of add-on cover depends on your requirements. However, the add-on covers which are commonly opted by car owners as as follows: - Zero Depreciation Cover - Roadside Assistance Cover - Invoice Price Protection (IPP) - Consumables Cover - Engine Protection Cover - NCB Protection Cover - Lock & Key Replacement Cover
Why to Buy Car Insurance Policy from InsuranceDekho?
- Instant policy# within 5 mins
- More than 11.5 Lac happy customers
- Claim Support available all 7 days of the week
Latest Car Insurance News
- Reasons Why You Need Car Insurance For Autonomous ...
Autonomous vehicles may get you excited with each new car be...17 August 2020
- Top Car Insurance Companies Providing Personal Acc...
On the basis of Health Insurance Claim settlement ratio, her...30 April 2020
- Cashless Car Insurance Policy Usefulness
What is cashless motor insurance all about? Let’s get into t...27 April 2020
- Types of Car Insurance Policies in India
Let’s explore about car insurance policy types in India. Aft...24 April 2020
- Return to Invoice Add-On Cover For Car Insurance
Explore return to invoice add-on cover in Car Insurance in ...23 April 2020
- Know What is NCB in Car Insurance Online India
All You Need To Know About No Claim Bonus On Car Insurance O...22 April 2020