Calculate Your Car Insurance Premium Online
Select your car brand
Which city is your car registered in?
When did you buy your car?
Oriental Comprehensive Car Insurance Policy
A comprehensive car insurance policy is a type of cover which insures against both third party liabilities as well as own damages incurred by your car in a road accident or any other unfortunate event. It is advised insurance cover for all types of car as it provides a comprehensive coverage at a nominal premium amount against all heavy repair and replacement expenses which you incur due to a mishap involving your car.
The Oriental Comprehensive Car Insurance Cover insures you against all third party liabilities as well as financial losses incurred by your car in a road accident, natural disaster, man-made calamity, fire, explosion, riots, civil unrest, theft, etc.
Comprehensive Car Insurance vs Third Party Car Insurance
Comprehensive car insurance
Third party car insurance
Car owners are not legally required to have a comprehensive car insurance policy. However, it is advised policy for all types of cars.
A third party car insurance is a compulsory requirement for all car owners as per the Indian Motor Tariff.
It provides coverage for both third party liabilities as well as own damages suffered by the insured’s car in a road accident, natural/man-made calamity, fire, theft, riots, etc.
It covers all third party liabilities only- bodily injuries, temporary/permanent disability, death of a third party as well as third party property damage up to Rs. 7.5 lakh.
The premium for a comprehensive policy is relatively more than a third party policy due to enhanced coverage.
The premium for a third party car insurance is relatively less than a comprehensive policy due to the limited coverage.
Oriental Comprehensive Car Insurance Coverage
- Damages incurred by the insured’s car in any accident, theft, natural/man-made calamity, etc.
- Limited/unlimited coverage in case of bodily injury/permanent disability or death of a third party.
- Third party property damage up to Rs. 7.5 lakh.
Oriental Comprehensive Car Insurance Benefits
- Availability of personal accident coverage of up to Rs. 15 lakh
- Instant and paperless claim settlement process
- Responsive customer support
- Availability of a number of add-on covers for enhanced coverage
Explore Oriental Car Insurance
Must Read Articles before buying Oriental Car Insurance
- In this article, you can read about the benefits and perks of purchasing your car insurance with Oriental General Insurance.
- Read this article to understand how you can claim your No Claim Bonus for Car insurance with New Oriental General Insurance.
- Read this article to know about the benefits of purchasing car insurance from Oriental Insurance.
- Read this article to know how modifications can affect your car insurance.
- Taking these following steps can ensure that the ride is both safe and fun for your kids. A little mistake on your part can take a heavy toll.
Oriental Car Insurance User Reviews
- Most Helpful
- Zero Depreciation
- Third Party
- Own Damage
- Cashless Garages
- Policy Download
- Customer Care
- Add On
Oriental Comprehensive Car Insurance FAQs
My vehicle broke down in the middle of the road. Since I was in a hurry, I could not take it to an authorised garage for repairs. Can I still claim insurance for the same?It is fine if you had to take your vehicle to an unauthorised garage for repairs. However, it is important that you intimate the same to the insurer and get your vehicle inspected by the company’s surveyor before starting any repair work on the car. Without the necessary survey, the insurer is unable to assess the quantum of loss and, thus, evaluate the extent of the claim amount that must be disbursed.
If my car meets with an accident outside the city in which I got it registered, will I still be able to make an insurance claim?If you have bought an Oriental comprehensive car insurance policy, then you can avail the claim amount for any loss/damage caused to your car anywhere in India.
Is it necessary to have a comprehensive insurance cover?No, it is not a legal requirement to have a comprehensive car insurance cover, however, it is advised to cover for all car owners as it provides coverage for not only third party liabilities but also for damages incurred by the insured’s car in a road accident or any other mishap.
Is it possible to transfer a comprehensive car insurance from one car to another?No, transfer of any car insurance policy, including a comprehensive cover, from an insured car to another is not possible.
Which add-on covers s I buy to enhance my car insurance cover?The choice of add-on cover depends on your requirements. However, the add-on covers which are commonly opted by car owners as as follows: - Zero Depreciation Cover - Roadside Assistance Cover - Invoice Price Protection (IPP) - Consumables Cover - Engine Protection Cover - NCB Protection Cover - Lock & Key Replacement Cover
Why to buy from InsuranceDekho?
- Instant policy # within 5 mins
- More than 45 Lac happy customers
- Claim Support available all 7 days of the week
Car Insurance News
Pulled over by the traffic police? Read this article to know...11 November 2023
We often look for a cheap car insurance policy. However, it ...11 November 2023
Misplaced your insurance papers? Here is what you need to do...26 October 2023
Passenger insurance provides financial protection for passen...26 October 2023
When purchasing car insurance, it's crucial to comprehend th...26 October 2023