Key Replacement Add-on Cover in Car Insurance
What is Key Replacement Cover in Car Insurance?
The Key Replacement Cover is an add-on which provides coverage for the cost of replacement of the insured car’s key if the key is lost, damaged or stolen. The lost key add-on also provides compensation for the cost incurred in repairing the lock-set if the car lock gets damaged. The key replacement add-on is available for purchase with both comprehensive car insurance policy and standalone own damage policy.
What is Covered Under Key Protection Add-on?
Coverage for the following is provided under a key protection add-on:
- Lost key
- Stolen key
- Damaged key
- Damaged lockset
Types of Plans With Which Key Protection Add-on is Available
A key protection add-on cover is available for purchase with a comprehensive car insurance plan and with a standalone own-damage car insurance plan.
Types of Car Keys
There are various types of car keys. Let’s read about them one by one:
- Traditional Car Key: It is the most basic key made up of steel and has almost no security features. This can be easily duplicated by a locksmith.
- Remote Car Key: This type of key comes with few security features. A remote key has a transponder which helps in locking/unlocking the car. This is relatively more expensive than a traditional car key.
- Smart Car Keys: As the name suggests, smart keys are the most high tech keys for cars. A smart key helps you automatically unlock the car door without any physical contact.
Benefits of Key Replacement Add-On Cover
Some of the benefits of Key protection Add-On Cover are listed below:
- This add on cover aids the policyholder with replacement of the car key/ lockset or lock that got stolen or damaged.
- It helps the policyholder in replacing the key if there are any cases of burglary or theft and replacement of lockset if there are cases of damage or theft.
- No claim bonus eligibility of the policyholder will not get affected during the time of policy renewal.
What is the Cost of Car key Replacement Add-on?
The premium that is paid against Key replacement add-on cover is lesser in comparison to the actual incurred cost that is needed to replace the damaged lockset. While, the keyless FOB and remote keys are a bit expensive to replace. Paying some amount for purchasing a key replacement add on cover along with a comprehensive car insurance plan will save you in the future from paying a higher replacement cost for key in the future. However, the amount that you would receive as compensation is dependent upon the maximum sum insured that you have chosen.
Find Right Car Insurance Quotes by Cars Body Type
- View Maruti Swift Insurance Quotes
- View Hyundai i20 Insurance Quotes
- View Maruti Baleno Insurance Quotes
- View Tata Altroz Insurance Quotes
- View Renault KWID Insurance Quotes
- View Maruti Wagon R Insurance Quotes
- View Maruti Dzire Insurance Quotes
- View Honda City 4th Generation Insurance Quotes
- View Hyundai Verna Insurance Quotes
- View Honda City Insurance Quotes
- View Hyundai Aura Insurance Quotes
- View Honda Amaze Insurance Quotes
- View Hyundai Alcazar Insurance Quotes
- View Mahindra Thar Insurance Quotes
- View Kia Seltos Insurance Quotes
- View Hyundai Creta Insurance Quotes
- View Kia Sonet Insurance Quotes
- View Mahindra Scorpio Insurance Quotes
- View Maruti Ertiga Insurance Quotes
- View Toyota Innova Crysta Insurance Quotes
- View Renault Triber Insurance Quotes
- View Maruti XL6 Insurance Quotes
- View Maruti Eeco Insurance Quotes
- View Toyota Vellfire Insurance Quotes
Car Insurance Add-ons
Car Insurance Companies Reviews & Ratings
Key Replacement Cover in Car Insurance FAQ
What should I do if my car keys get stolen?
If your car keys get stolen, you should immediately file an FIR with the police and inform the insurance company. After receiving an intimating, the insurance company will provide you with a duplicate key or reimburse you for the expenses incurred in obtaining a similar key.
What are the advantages of Key Protect Add-on?
A key protect add-on helps you in meeting the expenses incurred in obtaining a replacement for your lost/damage key. It also provides you peace of mind which is highly important in scenarios such as loss of keys.
Is lock damage covered under Key Protect Add-on?
Yes, lock damage covered under Key Protect Add-on.
Can I opt for Key Protect Add-on with my third party car insurance policy?
No, Key Protect Add-on is not available with a third party car insurance policy. It can be opted for with comprehensive and standalone own-damage plans.
Is it worth buying a key protect add-on?
Yes, you should definitely buy a keybuy a key protect add-on as it will help you in getting a replacement for your lost or stolen key in no time and also without incurring any expenses for it.
Car Insurance News
- Why Should You Opt For Universal Sompo Car Insuran...
Universal Sompo is a leading firm that provides affordable a...22 June 2021
- Parameters To Consider While Purchasing Car Insura...
This article will provide you with the top 6 key points that...22 June 2021
- Significant Features And Benefits of SBI Car Insur...
Read this article to find out significant features and benef...21 June 2021
- How To Renew Oriental Car Insurance Plans?
Read this article to get simple steps to renew your car insu...21 June 2021
- Types of Car Insurance Policies Offered By Nationa...
Read this article to explore policies offered by National In...20 June 2021
- How To Apply For Driving License In India?
Want to apply for driving license? Read more to know about h...04 May 2021
- Everything About Loss Of Personal Belongings Add-O...
Read more to know everything about loss of personal belongin...03 May 2021
- 5 Best Car Insurance Companies In India In 2021
This article consists of top 5 car insurance companies in In...31 May 2021
- Difference Between Private and Commercial Car Insu...
Read along to know the difference between private and commer...09 May 2021
- Guide To Clear Misconceptions About Car Insurance
Here is the guide to clear misconceptions about car insuranc...29 April 2021