Key Replacement Add-on Cover in Car Insurance
The key replacement add-on cover helps you in case you misplace your original car keys by covering the expenses related to replacements of locks or keys. The policy ensures the reimbursement of the key replacement costs as in this technologically advanced era, getting a key replaced is a costly affair. But, by just paying a little extra amount annually, you can be protected against expensive car keys replacement costs.
- Save upto 75%*Lowest Car Premiums
- 45 Lakh+Happy Customers
- Claim Support7 days a week
*TP price for less than 1000cc four wheeler. All savings/offers are provided by the Insurers which are subject to modification. Terms and conditions apply
Calculate Your Car Insurance
The Key Replacement Cover is an add-on which provides coverage for the cost of replacement of the insured car’s key if the key is lost, damaged, or stolen. The lost key add-on also provides compensation for the cost incurred in repairing the lock-set if the car lock gets damaged. The key replacement add-on is available for purchase with both a comprehensive car insurance policy and standalone own damage policy.
What is Covered Under Key Protection Add-on?
Coverage for the following is provided under a key protection add-on:
- Lost key
- Stolen key
- Damaged key
- Damaged lockset
Types of Plans With Which Key Protection Add-on is Available
A key protection add-on cover is available for purchase with a comprehensive car insurance plan and with a standalone own-damage car insurance plan.
Types of Car Keys
There are various types of car keys. Let’s read about them one by one:
- Traditional Car Key: It is the most basic key made up of steel and has almost no security features. This can be easily duplicated by a locksmith.
- Remote Car Key: This type of key comes with few security features. A remote key has a transponder which helps in locking/unlocking the car. This is relatively more expensive than a traditional car key.
- Smart Car Keys: As the name suggests, smart keys are the most high tech keys for cars. A smart key helps you automatically unlock the car door without any physical contact.
Benefits of Key Replacement Add-On Cover
Some of the benefits of Key protection Add-On Cover are listed below:
- This add-on cover aids the policyholder with the replacement of the car key/ lockset or lock that got stolen or damaged.
- It helps the policyholder in replacing the key if there are any cases of burglary or theft and replacement of lockset if there are cases of damage or theft.
- No claim bonus eligibility of the policyholder will not get affected during the time of policy renewal.
What is the Cost of Car key Replacement Add-on?
The premium that is paid against Key replacement add-on cover is lesser in comparison to the actual incurred cost that is needed to replace the damaged lockset. While the keyless FOB and remote keys are a bit expensive to replace. Paying some amount for purchasing a key replacement add-on cover along with a comprehensive car insurance plan will save you in the future from paying a higher replacement cost for key in future. However, the amount that you would receive as compensation is dependent upon the maximum sum insured that you have chosen.
Car Insurance for Popular Car Models
Car Insurance Add on Covers
- Bajaj Allianz
- Bharti Axa
- Future Generali
- Hdfc Ergo
- Icici Lombard
- Iffco Tokio
- New India
- Raheja Qbe
- Royal Sundaram
- Tata Aig
- United India
- Universal Sompo
Disclaimer: InsuranceDekho does not endorse, rate or recommend any particular insurance company or insurance plan.
Find Right Car Insurance Quotes by Cars Body Type
- View Renault KWID Insurance Quotes
- View Maruti Swift Insurance Quotes
- View Maruti Baleno Insurance Quotes
- View Hyundai i20 Insurance Quotes
- View Tata Tiago Insurance Quotes
- View Tata Altroz Insurance Quotes
- View Maruti Dzire Insurance Quotes
- View Honda City 4th Generation Insurance Quotes
- View Hyundai Verna Insurance Quotes
- View Honda City Insurance Quotes
- View Volkswagen Virtus Insurance Quotes
- View Honda Amaze Insurance Quotes
- View Renault Kiger Insurance Quotes
- View Mahindra Scorpio Insurance Quotes
- View Maruti Vitara Brezza Insurance Quotes
- View Mahindra Thar Insurance Quotes
- View Mahindra XUV700 Insurance Quotes
- View Hyundai Venue Insurance Quotes
- View Renault Triber Insurance Quotes
- View Maruti Ertiga Insurance Quotes
- View Toyota Innova Crysta Insurance Quotes
- View Maruti XL6 Insurance Quotes
- View Toyota Vellfire Insurance Quotes
- View Mahindra Marazzo Insurance Quotes
Car Insurance Add-ons
Car Insurance Companies Reviews & Ratings
Key Replacement Cover in Car Insurance FAQ
What should I do if my car keys get stolen?
If your car keys get stolen, you should immediately file an FIR with the police and inform the insurance company. After receiving an intimating, the insurance company will provide you with a duplicate key or reimburse you for the expenses incurred in obtaining a similar key.
What are the advantages of Key Protect Add-on?
A key protect add-on helps you in meeting the expenses incurred in obtaining a replacement for your lost/damage key. It also provides you peace of mind which is highly important in scenarios such as loss of keys.
Is lock damage covered under Key Protect Add-on?
Yes, lock damage covered under Key Protect Add-on.
Can I opt for Key Protect Add-on with my third party car insurance policy?
No, Key Protect Add-on is not available with a third party car insurance policy. It can be opted for with comprehensive and standalone own-damage plans.
Is it worth buying a key protect add-on?
Yes, you should definitely buy a keybuy a key protect add-on as it will help you in getting a replacement for your lost or stolen key in no time and also without incurring any expenses for it.
Car Insurance News
- Is it possible for your GST number to be included ...
Is it possible to include your GST number in your car insura...30 June 2022
- All You Need to Learn About Personal Accident Cove...
Here's all you need to know about the required personal acci...30 June 2022
- Can I Claim Insurance for Car Scratches in India?
Despite the fact that you are allowed to make a claim for Ca...29 June 2022
- What Factors Affect the Cost of SUV and Sedan Car ...
Learn about the factors that affects the cost of SUV and sed...29 June 2022
- What Is The Most Effective Way To Check Your Car I...
How Do You Check Your Car Insurance Details Using Your Regis...28 June 2022
- How Do I Get an Online Car Pollution Certificate?
The Pollution Under Control Certificate, or PUC certificate,...16 May 2022
- 10 Ways To Save Money On Car Insurance
Let’s discuss some tricks on how to get the best deal on you...06 May 2022
- What Effects Can Modifications Have on Your Digit ...
Read this article to discover more about the factors that de...05 May 2022
- What is a Cashless Car Insurance Policy, And How D...
The cashless auto insurance function is quite helpful in the...14 May 2022
- What Is The Best Way To Check Your Car Insurance D...
Know how you can check your car insurance details using your...04 May 2022