Key Replacement Add-on Cover in Car Insurance
Calculate Your Car Insurance
The Key Replacement Cover is an add-on which provides coverage for the cost of replacement of the insured car’s key if the key is lost, damaged, or stolen. The lost key add-on also provides compensation for the cost incurred in repairing the lock-set if the car lock gets damaged. The key replacement add-on is available for purchase with both a comprehensive car insurance policy and standalone own damage policy.
What is Covered Under Key Protection Add-on?
Coverage for the following is provided under a key protection add-on:
- Lost key
- Stolen key
- Damaged key
- Damaged lockset
Types of Plans With Which Key Protection Add-on is Available
A key protection add-on cover is available for purchase with a comprehensive car insurance plan and with a standalone own-damage car insurance plan.
Types of Car Keys
There are various types of car keys. Let’s read about them one by one:
- Traditional Car Key: It is the most basic key made up of steel and has almost no security features. This can be easily duplicated by a locksmith.
- Remote Car Key: This type of key comes with few security features. A remote key has a transponder which helps in locking/unlocking the car. This is relatively more expensive than a traditional car key.
- Smart Car Keys: As the name suggests, smart keys are the most high tech keys for cars. A smart key helps you automatically unlock the car door without any physical contact.
Benefits of Key Replacement Add-On Cover
Some of the benefits of Key protection Add-On Cover are listed below:
- This add-on cover aids the policyholder with the replacement of the car key/ lockset or lock that got stolen or damaged.
- It helps the policyholder in replacing the key if there are any cases of burglary or theft and replacement of lockset if there are cases of damage or theft.
- No claim bonus eligibility of the policyholder will not get affected during the time of policy renewal.
What is the Cost of Car key Replacement Add-on?
The premium that is paid against Key replacement add-on cover is lesser in comparison to the actual incurred cost that is needed to replace the damaged lockset. While the keyless FOB and remote keys are a bit expensive to replace. Paying some amount for purchasing a key replacement add-on cover along with a comprehensive car insurance plan will save you in the future from paying a higher replacement cost for key in future. However, the amount that you would receive as compensation is dependent upon the maximum sum insured that you have chosen.
Car Insurance for Popular Car Models
Find Right Car Insurance Quotes by Cars Body Type
- View Hyundai i20 Insurance Quotes
- View Maruti Swift Insurance Quotes
- View Tata Altroz Insurance Quotes
- View Maruti Baleno Insurance Quotes
- View Tata Tiago Insurance Quotes
- View Maruti Wagon R Insurance Quotes
- View Skoda Rapid Insurance Quotes
- View Honda City 4th Generation Insurance Quotes
- View Maruti Dzire Insurance Quotes
- View Hyundai Verna Insurance Quotes
- View Honda City Insurance Quotes
- View Honda Amaze Insurance Quotes
- View Hyundai Aura Insurance Quotes
- View Mahindra XUV700 Insurance Quotes
- View Mahindra Thar Insurance Quotes
- View Hyundai Creta Insurance Quotes
- View Kia Seltos Insurance Quotes
- View Tata Nexon Insurance Quotes
- View Toyota Fortuner Insurance Quotes
- View Maruti Ertiga Insurance Quotes
- View Toyota Innova Crysta Insurance Quotes
- View Renault Triber Insurance Quotes
- View Maruti XL6 Insurance Quotes
- View Maruti Eeco Insurance Quotes
- View Toyota Vellfire Insurance Quotes
Car Insurance Add-ons
Car Insurance Companies Reviews & Ratings
Key Replacement Cover in Car Insurance FAQ
What should I do if my car keys get stolen?
If your car keys get stolen, you should immediately file an FIR with the police and inform the insurance company. After receiving an intimating, the insurance company will provide you with a duplicate key or reimburse you for the expenses incurred in obtaining a similar key.
What are the advantages of Key Protect Add-on?
A key protect add-on helps you in meeting the expenses incurred in obtaining a replacement for your lost/damage key. It also provides you peace of mind which is highly important in scenarios such as loss of keys.
Is lock damage covered under Key Protect Add-on?
Yes, lock damage covered under Key Protect Add-on.
Can I opt for Key Protect Add-on with my third party car insurance policy?
No, Key Protect Add-on is not available with a third party car insurance policy. It can be opted for with comprehensive and standalone own-damage plans.
Is it worth buying a key protect add-on?
Yes, you should definitely buy a keybuy a key protect add-on as it will help you in getting a replacement for your lost or stolen key in no time and also without incurring any expenses for it.
Car Insurance News
- How To Check HDFC ERGO General Insurance Claim Sta...
Checking HDFC ERGO General Insurance is not that difficult. ...24 September 2021
- Things to Check Before Buying a Used Car in India
Checking carefully before buying a used car in India is esse...23 September 2021
- Things To Check While Buying Car insurance
Buying insurance for your cars is not that difficult. Read t...23 September 2021
- Pay as You Drive Car Insurance: Meaning, Working, ...
Pay as You Drive Car Insurance has many benefits. Read this ...22 September 2021
- How Many Car Insurance Claims Can be Filed in a Ye...
There is no restriction on the number of claims you can make...21 September 2021
- Reasons Why Your Car Insurance Could Be Rejected?
Know different reasons that can lead to car insurance claim ...06 August 2021
- Benefits of Renewing Your HDFC ERGO Car Insurance ...
Read this article to know the benefits of renewing your car ...02 August 2021
- Things To Consider Before Buying An Acko Car Insur...
Read this article to understand the points that you should c...13 August 2021
- Top 5 Cars For Long Distance Journeys In India
Read this article to get a list of the top 5 cars well known...15 August 2021
- How to Find Your Car Insurance Policy Number?
Read to know ways through which you can find your car insura...27 August 2021