Two Wheeler Insurance Claim Settlement
What is a Two-wheeler Insurance Claim Settlement?
Bike Insurance Claim: Two-wheeler insurance claim settlement is a process where the policyholder appeals the insurer to provide compensation for the expenses/damage incurred to the insured’s vehicle during an unfortunate event. The amount provided by the insurer at the time of claim depends on IDV (Insured Declared Value) of the insured’s two-wheeler and the type of policy opted by the insured - standalone own damage, third party bike insurance, or comprehensive.
Types of Two-wheeler Claim Settlement
There are two ways to settle a two-wheeler insurance claim settlement:
1. Cashless Claim
If you take your two-wheeler to any of the authorized garages of the insurer for repairs then a cashless claim is the best suited. As suggested by the name, in a cashless claim a policyholder need not pay anything for taking the repair service for their two-wheeler at the authorized garage of the insurer. The insurer will directly make the payment to the particular garage as per the policy terms. The policyholders are required to pay the voluntary and compulsory deductible if opted for the same when buying the bike insurance plan.
2. Reimbursement Claim
In case you take your two-wheeler for repairs in any garage other than the ones authorized by the insurer, then you will have to go for a reimbursement claim process. Under this process you need to pay for the repairs at the garage, post which you can raise a claim with the insurer for the reimbursement of the claim settlement amount. The insurer then reimburses the entire claim amount after making certain deductions such as compulsory deductible and voluntary deductible (if they have opted for it at the time of purchase of policy).
Documents Required for Two-wheeler Insurance Claim Settlement Process
Bike Insurance Claim: The policyholders should submit the following documents at the time of claim settlement of the two-wheeler insurance process:
- Insurance Policy Document
- Properly filled and signed claim form
- Driving license (DL)
- Registration Certificate (RC) of the two-wheeler
- Pollution Under Control (PUC) Certificate
- FIR is required if there are fatal injuries/accidents or third party liabilities
- Original receipt/bills of repairs (for reimbursement claim)
- A copy of PAN Card in case the claim amount is greater than Rs. 1 lakh
- Duly signed Satisfaction Voucher, or Discharge Voucher
Best Two Wheeler Insurance Companies As Per Claim Settlement Ratio
Claim settlement ratio is a way of ensuring the trustworthiness of the bike insurer.
Two Wheeler Insurance Companies
Claim Settlement Ratio (CSR)
Personal Accidental Cover
No Claim Bonus
|IFFCO Tokio Two Wheeler Insurance||96.44%||Upto Rs. 15 Lakh||Available||Available||Available|
|Royal Sundaram Two Wheeler Insurance||94.07%||Upto Rs. 15 Lakh||Available||Available||Available|
|Oriental Insurance Two Wheeler Insurance||93.16%||Upto Rs. 15 Lakh||Available||Available||Available|
|Universal Sompo Two Wheeler Insurance||92.45%||Upto Rs. 15 Lakh||Available||Available||Available|
|New India Two Wheeler Insurance||92.23%||Upto Rs. 15 Lakh||Available||Available||Available|
|TATA AIG Two Wheeler Insurance||91.80%||Upto Rs. 15 Lakh||Available||Available||Available|
|SBI General Two Wheeler Insurance||91.74%||Upto Rs. 15 Lakh||Available||Available||Available|
|Bajaj Allianz Two Wheeler Insurance||91.23%||Upto Rs. 15 Lakh||Available||Available||Available|
|HDFC Ergo Two Wheeler Insurance||89.48%||Upto Rs. 15 Lakh||Available||Available||Available|
|Future Generali Two Wheeler Insurance||88.56%||Upto Rs. 15 Lakh||Available||Available||Available|
|Bharti AXA Two Wheeler Insurance||88.49%||Upto Rs. 15 Lakh||Available||Available||Available|
|ICICI Lombard Two Wheeler Insurance||87.84%||Upto Rs. 15 Lakh||Available||Available||Available|
|Liberty General Two Wheeler Insurance||87.48%||Upto Rs. 15 Lakh||Available||Available||Available|
|Cholamandalam Two Wheeler Insurance||85.86%||Upto Rs. 15 Lakh||Available||Available||Available|
|Go Digit Two Wheeler Insurance||85.76%||Upto Rs. 15 Lakh||Available||Available||Available|
|United India Two Wheeler Insurance||84.17%||Upto Rs. 15 Lakh||Available||Available||Available|
|Reliance Two Wheeler Insurance||83.81%||Upto Rs. 15 Lakh||Available||Available||Available|
|Kotak Mahindra General Two Wheeler Insurance||81.70%||Upto Rs. 15 Lakh||Available||Available||Available|
|National Insurance Two Wheeler Insurance||80.50%||Upto Rs. 15 Lakh||Available||Available||Available|
|Magma HDI Two Wheeler Insurance||75.66%||Upto Rs. 15 Lakh||Available||Available||Available|
|Acko Two Wheeler Insurance||72.68%||Upto Rs. 15 Lakh||Available||Available||Available|
|Edelweiss Two Wheeler Insurance||70.59%||Upto Rs. 15 Lakh||Available||Available||Available|
|Shriram General Two Wheeler Insurance||62.84%||Upto Rs. 15 Lakh||Available||Available||Available|
|DHFL General Two Wheeler Insurance||53.10%||Upto Rs. 15 Lakh||Available||Available||Available|
(Source: IBAI’s General Insurance Claim Insights Handbook For Policyholders - 4th Edition)
What is your bike's brand?
How To File Cashless Bike Insurance Claim Settlement?
Bike Insurance Claim: Two Wheeler claim settlement process of making a cashless claim settlement for two-wheeler may vary from one insurer to another. However, the following is a step by step two-wheeler insurance cashless claim settlement process is generally followed by the maximum insurers:
Step 1: Intimate Claim With Insurer
The first step is to inform the insurance provider about the accident involving your two-wheeler. You can call the customer helpline number or visit the official website or use the mobile app (if any) to inform your insurer. The insurer will register your claim and give you a claim reference number.
Step 2: Assessment of Damage(s) Sustained
Once the claim is registered, the insurer will be required to assign an official inspector or surveyor who will examine the damage or loss sustained by your two-wheeler and may visit the location of the accident/mishap. However, the inspector or surveyor may send you a self-inspection link on the number registered with the insurer.
Step 3: Towing and Repair Service of the Two-Wheeler
Take your bike to the nearest garage authorised by your insurance provider for cashless repairs. You can request towing service from your insurer. Generally, insurers provide free towing facility for up to Rs. 1,500. Note that the towing charges may vary from one insurer to another.
Step 4: Claim Settlement
The cost of repairs will be directly paid to the garage by your insurance provider. After paying the required deductibles due on your part, you can take your two-wheeler home.
How To Make A Reimbursement Two-Wheeler Insurance Claim Settlement?
There are some common steps required to make a reimbursement two-wheeler insurance claim:
Step 1: Initiate A Claim
The first step is to inform the insurer about the accident or mishap in which the insured’s two-wheeler was involved. You can do that by contacting the customer care executives via call or email. you will get a claim reference number from the insurer after registering the claim.
Step 2: Survey And Inspection
To assess the extent of damage caused to the two-wheeler during the accident, the insurer will assign a surveyor who will inspect it. The policyholders need to submit all the necessary documents to the surveyor so that they can process the claim quickly.
Step 3: Towing and Repairs
Once the inspection is done, the policyholders need to tow their damaged two-wheeler to the nearest garage and get the repairs done. Generally, insurers provide free towing facilities up to Rs.1,500. Towing charges may vary from one insurer to another.
Step 4: Reimbursement of Claim Amount
Pay the cost of repair the garage. Then initiate a reimbursement process of claim settlement with the insurer. You will be then reimbursed the amount entitled after considering all the deductibles.
Common Claim Rejection Reasons
Following are the reasons why the insurers reject the two-wheeler claims settlement made by the policyholder:
- The occurrence of mishap/accident outside the geographical arena stated in the insurance policy
- Occurrence of mishap/accident when the driver was under the influence of intoxicants.
- Occurrence of mishap/accident when the insured’s two-wheeler was being used for illegal activities.
- Expired insurance policy.
Add-on Covers For Your Bike Insurance Policy
Find Right Bike Insurance Quotes by Bikes Body Type
- View Hero Splendor Plus Insurance Quotes
- View Bajaj Pulsar 150 Insurance Quotes
- View TVS Apache RTR 160 Insurance Quotes
- View Bajaj Pulsar 125 Neon Insurance Quotes
- View Honda Shine Insurance Quotes
- View Hero HF Deluxe Insurance Quotes
- View Hero Passion Pro Insurance Quotes
- View Hero Super Splendor Insurance Quotes
- View TVS Jupiter Insurance Quotes
- View Honda Activa 6G Insurance Quotes
- View Suzuki Access 125 Insurance Quotes
- View Honda Dio Insurance Quotes
- View Hero Pleasure Plus Insurance Quotes
- View Yamaha Fascino 125 Insurance Quotes
- View TVS NTORQ 125 Insurance Quotes
- View Honda Activa 125 Insurance Quotes
- View Yamaha YZF R15 V3 Insurance Quotes
- View Bajaj Pulsar NS200 Insurance Quotes
- View TVS Apache RR 310 Insurance Quotes
- View Bajaj Pulsar 220 F Insurance Quotes
- View Bajaj Pulsar RS200 Insurance Quotes
- View KTM RC 200 Insurance Quotes
- View Bajaj Pulsar NS160 Insurance Quotes
- View KTM RC 125 Insurance Quotes
- View Royal Enfield Classic 350 Insurance Quotes
- View Royal Enfield Bullet 350 Insurance Quotes
- View Royal Enfield Meteor 350 Insurance Quotes
- View Honda Hness CB350 Insurance Quotes
- View Bajaj Avenger Cruise 220 Insurance Quotes
- View Bajaj Avenger Street 160 Insurance Quotes
- View Jawa Perak Insurance Quotes
- View Jawa 42 Insurance Quotes
Bike Insurance Companies Reviews & Ratings
Two-wheeler Insurance Claim Settlement FAQs
What is a bike insurance claim settlement?
A bike insurance claim wherein a policyholder raises a request with the insurance company to honour its promise to provide compensation for the damage incurred by the policyholder in relation to their bike. A bike insurance claim can be settled either in a cashless or reimbursement manner.
Is an FIR required for a bike insurance claim settlement?
A First Information Report (FIR) is required in cases wherein any person has incurred bodily damages or in cases of death.
How many times we can claim bike insurance in a year?
You can make any number of claims under your bike insurance plan subject to its sum assured i.e. the Insured Declared Value mentioned under it.
How is the claim settled if my two-wheeler gets stolen?
In case the insured’s two-wheeler gets stolen, an insurance claim can be made in the following steps:
- Step 1: First off, register an FIR (First Information Report) at the nearest police station and inform the insurance provider. The police will then try to trace your two-wheeler for the next 90 days. If the police is not able to trace your two-wheeler it will issue a report mentioning that the two-wheeler was not traceable.
- Step 2: Post issuance of the non-traceable report by the police, a Non Objection Certificate (NOC) will be issued by a court of law.
- Step 3: After the NOC is issued, your insurer will start an investigation for the two-wheeler from their side. In case the insurer fails to trace the vehicle, they will initiate the claim settlement process.
- Step 4: Since it’s a matter of theft, which is a total loss, the insurer will provide you with the IDV of the two-wheeler after factoring all the deductibles.
How can I locate the nearest garage authorised by my insurance provider?
You can locate the nearest authorized garage of the insurer either by calling the customer service helpline of your insurance provider or look for it on their official website. This option is present in the claims section on the official website in the name ‘list of network garages’. Alternatively you can locate the cashless garages of all insurance providers at www.insurancedekho.com
When and to whom should I submit all the documents?
The policyholders should submit their documents to the surveyor at the time of assessment of damages sustained by the two-wheeler.
What are the reasons behind the rejection of bike insurance claims?
Following are some of the common rejection reasons under bike insurance:
- Submission of an incomplete claim form
- Information mismatch between the claim form and submitted documents
- Accident of insured’s bike due to state of intoxication of the driver
- Accident of insured’s bike when the driver is driving without a valid driving licence and RC
- Accident of insured’s bike when it was used for illegal activities
- Accident of insured’s bike due to reckless and careless driving
- Submission of wrong information at the time of policy purchase
- Delay made in intimating the insurer after an accident.
How do I get claims on my bike insurance in India?
You can make a claim under your bike insurance policy in hassle-free manner by contacting the InsuranceDekho team by clicking here. Our claims team will take care of the entire claims process. You can read about the claim process in detail here.
Can I claim bike insurance without a license?
No, you need to submit a copy of your driving license at the time of a claim settlement.
Is a canceled cheque necessary to claim bike insurance?
No, a canceled cheque is not required to claim bike insurance.
Bike Insurance News
- Safety Tips to Ride a Bike in Foggy Conditions
Read this post to find safety tips to ride a bike in foggy c...27 January 2021
- Significance of Wheelbase in Two-Wheeler
Significance of wheelbase in two-wheeler explained in this p...27 January 2021
- Everything You Need To Know About Bike Insurance I...
Have you ever wanted a handy guide of all the main points ab...26 January 2021
- Documents To Carry When Riding A Bike In India
Do you know what documents are compulsory to carry with you ...26 January 2021
- Tips To Keep Your Bike Looking New
You must be wanting your bike to remain looking as good as n...25 January 2021
- How to Check Vehicle Owner Details By Registration...
There are many scenarios in which you may want to find out a...28 November 2020
- Advantages Of Personal Accident Cover With Two Whe...
Two wheelers are at greater risks for accidents than other v...28 November 2020
- Two-Wheeler Sanitization Checklist
Keeping all your surroundings clean and sanitised is of utmo...29 November 2020
- Important Items In A Biker’s Riding Kit
There may be many instances where you have taken a trip on y...29 November 2020
- Top Bikes with High Resale Value in India
There are many reasons you may want to invest in a new bike ...03 December 2020