Accessories Cover for Car Insurance
Though car accessories improve the appearance of the car and give comfort to passengers, many people fail to understand that it comes with a cost of maintenance as well. In case of loss of accessories, this cover should be added to your standard car insurance policy to help you stay covered from losing luxurious accessories such as high-end stereo system, reverse camera, LCD TV, headlight or taillight modification, etc. Generally, the accessories are classified as electrical and non-electrical which is not covered by standard car insurance plans but only with this cover.
- Save upto 75%*Lowest Car Premiums
- 45 Lakh+Happy Customers
- Claim Support7 days a week
*TP price for less than 1000cc four wheeler. All savings/offers are provided by the Insurers which are subject to modification. Terms and conditions apply
Calculate Your Car Insurance
Car accessories enhance the beauty and appearance of the car. These car accessories are valuable and hence need to be insured. If the policyholder stays in an area which is a place that is more vulnerable to natural disasters or theft-prone then it is important to get these accessories for the car insured. Usually, people do not pay attention to these essential add-on covers offered by the insurance companies along with the basic coverage and opt only for add-ons out of their requirements.
What is Accessories Add-on in Car Insurance?
Accessories Add-on in car insurance provides financial coverage for the accessories like stereo system, reverse camera, LCD TV, etc. of the car in case of mishap or accident. If the policyholder is passionate about enhancing the car then it would be a smart move to protect those high-end accessories by paying an extra premium to the car insurance company.
What are the different types of Accessories Add-on in Car Insurance?
Accessories which are fitted in the car are broadly classified as - electrical and non-electrical.
Electrical accessories include the fittings of music systems, air conditioners, and different types of lights like fog light, brake light.
Non-electrical accessories include the fittings of seat covers, alloy wheels, and interior fittings among others.
Who should buy an Accessories Add-on in Car Insurance?
Accessories Add-on in Car Insurance should be bought by followings:
1. People with luxurious car accessories
Buying luxurious car accessories enhances the appearance of the car however it is important to have coverage for the same in case or any mishap or theft to have financial coverage.
2. People residing in theft-prone area or a place that is more vulnerable for natural disasters
If the policyholder lives in an area which is either theft-prone or a place that is more vulnerable for natural disasters then he/she should opt for this cover to have financial coverage of the same.
Why is it Important to have Accessories Add-On Cover in Car Insurance?
No doubt, be it electrical accessories or non-electrical accessories, they add more aesthetic value to your car. However, another important advantage of owning these accessories that generally people overlook is that the usage of these accessories also aids in maintaining the overall comfort of the passengers while travelling in the car for long distances. Therefore, at the time of purchasing a car insurance plan, ensure that you choose to buy accessories covered with your car insurance plan. In the event, if your car has systems installed like LCD screen, high-end stereo system, then ensure that all such expensive car accessories are covered properly. Protecting them is important because with a standard car insurance plan, only you would get coverage in the event of any mishap or accident but the accessories installed in the car would not get any coverage in case any damage happens to them.
Car Insurance for Popular Car Models
Car Insurance Add on Covers
- Bajaj Allianz
- Bharti Axa
- Future Generali
- Hdfc Ergo
- Icici Lombard
- Iffco Tokio
- New India
- Raheja Qbe
- Royal Sundaram
- Tata Aig
- United India
- Universal Sompo
Disclaimer: InsuranceDekho does not endorse, rate or recommend any particular insurance company or insurance plan.
Find Right Car Insurance Quotes by Cars Body Type
- View Renault KWID Insurance Quotes
- View Maruti Swift Insurance Quotes
- View Maruti Baleno Insurance Quotes
- View Hyundai i20 Insurance Quotes
- View Tata Tiago Insurance Quotes
- View Tata Altroz Insurance Quotes
- View Maruti Dzire Insurance Quotes
- View Honda City 4th Generation Insurance Quotes
- View Hyundai Verna Insurance Quotes
- View Honda City Insurance Quotes
- View Volkswagen Virtus Insurance Quotes
- View Honda Amaze Insurance Quotes
- View Renault Kiger Insurance Quotes
- View Mahindra Scorpio Insurance Quotes
- View Maruti Vitara Brezza Insurance Quotes
- View Mahindra Thar Insurance Quotes
- View Mahindra XUV700 Insurance Quotes
- View Hyundai Venue Insurance Quotes
- View Renault Triber Insurance Quotes
- View Maruti Ertiga Insurance Quotes
- View Toyota Innova Crysta Insurance Quotes
- View Maruti XL6 Insurance Quotes
- View Toyota Vellfire Insurance Quotes
- View Mahindra Marazzo Insurance Quotes
Car Insurance Add-ons
Car Insurance Companies Reviews & Ratings
Accessories Add-on Cover in Car Insurance FAQs
I have a comprehensive car insurance plan, does this include accessories add-on?
No, even if you have opted for a comprehensive policy, it does not cover all the accessories of the car. For this, you have to pay an extra premium.
Does an Accessories Add-on in Car Insurance provide coverage for Alloy Wheels of the car?
Yes, an Accessories Add-on in Car Insurance provides coverage for Alloy Wheels of the car as it falls under the Non-electrical accessories.
Is it necessary to have an Accessories Add-on in Car Insurance?
No, it is not compulsory to have an Accessories Add-on in Car Insurance but if you live in an area which is more vulnerable for natural disasters or theft-prone than it is important to get these accessories for car insured.
Can I buy an Accessories Add-on in Car Insurance at the time of renewal of the policy?
Yes, you can contact your insurance provider and they will guide you on how to buy an Accessories Add-on in Car Insurance at the time of renewal of the policy.
Car Insurance News
- All You Need to Learn About Personal Accident Cove...
Here's all you need to know about the required personal acci...30 June 2022
- Can I Claim Insurance for Car Scratches in India?
Despite the fact that you are allowed to make a claim for Ca...29 June 2022
- What Factors Affect the Cost of SUV and Sedan Car ...
Learn about the factors that affects the cost of SUV and sed...29 June 2022
- What Is The Most Effective Way To Check Your Car I...
How Do You Check Your Car Insurance Details Using Your Regis...28 June 2022
- Car Insurance: 10 Tips That Can Save Money
How to Save Money on Car Insurance. Read this article to dis...28 June 2022
- How Do I Get an Online Car Pollution Certificate?
The Pollution Under Control Certificate, or PUC certificate,...16 May 2022
- 10 Ways To Save Money On Car Insurance
Let’s discuss some tricks on how to get the best deal on you...06 May 2022
- What Effects Can Modifications Have on Your Digit ...
Read this article to discover more about the factors that de...05 May 2022
- What Is The Best Way To Check Your Car Insurance D...
Know how you can check your car insurance details using your...04 May 2022
- What is a Cashless Car Insurance Policy, And How D...
The cashless auto insurance function is quite helpful in the...14 May 2022