Two Wheeler Insurance Add-ons
What Is a Two-wheeler Insurance Add-on Covers?
Two-wheeler insurance add-on covers are additional coverages which can be availed with comprehensive as well as standalone own-damage two-wheeler insurance plans. The bike insurance add-on covers are available for an additional premium but are worth the cost as they significantly enhance the coverage of a basic plan. Two-wheeler insurance add-ons are just like an icing on the cake which strengthens the coverage of your two-wheeler. There are a variety of bike add-on covers which can be opted along with the two-wheeler insurance plans. Some of them are zero depreciation, passenger assistance cover etc.
What is your bike's brand?
Types of Add-On Covers in Two Wheeler Insurance
Find below a list of add-on covers in bike insurance to buy online:
The availability of two-wheeler insurance add-ons varies from one 2 wheeler insurer to another. The following are some add-on covers in two-wheeler insurance that a general insurance company provides to its customers:
1. Zero Depreciation Cover
Depreciation is a natural phenomenon that occurs with the passage of time. By default, the burden of bearing the cost of depreciation incurred by a two-wheeler rests with the vehicle’s owner. A zero depreciation cover helps you reduce the stress of bearing the depreciation expenses of your vehicle so that you can claim a bigger amount. Most of the insurers allow the policyholder to make a maximum of 2 zero depreciation claims, however, some insurers such as IFFCO Tokio General Insurance, Royal Sundaram General Insurance Company and New India Assurance Company allow unlimited zero depreciation claims during the policy tenure.
2. Consumables Cover
Consumables Add On Cover in two wheeler Insurance provides coverage for all the consumable items of a bike such as a grease, lubricants clip, bearings, fuel filter, oil filter, brake oil, nut and bolt, screw, etc, which are not usually covered in a standard own-damage insurance policy.
3. Roadside Assistance Cover
Roadside assistance cover in bike insurance provides you the most required assistance when you get stuck in the middle of a road or highway in case of a mechanical breakdown of glitch in your two-wheeler. The add-on cover protects you in case of flat tyre, fuel delivery, towing vehicle, battery drain, on-site minor repairs, etc.
4. Key Loss Cover
Key Replacement Add-On in two wheeler insurance compensates the policyholder for the loss of key(s). It also provides a spare key in the minimum possible time.
5. Passenger Assistance Cover
Passenger Cover add-on provides protection to the pillion rider as well, which regular health insurance plans do not always offer. it provides compensation to the co-passenger in case the pillion rider gets disabled or dies in an accident.
6. Engine Safe Cover
Engine Protection cover keeps the policyholder financially protected in case of damaged engine/parts that require repairing. If staying in a flood-prone area, this add-on cover is a must-buy.
7. Loss of Personal Belongings
With this add-on, the policyholder can avail benefit if monetary loss is suffered by him/her.
8. Return To Invoice
Return to Invoice cover allows the policyholder to get full invoice price of your vehicle in case the insured’s vehicle suffers Total Loss, Constructive Total Loss (CTL) or theft.
9. Daily Allowance
By opting for this add-on the policyholder gets a daily allowance from the insurance company when the two-wheeler is lost or is out for repairs.
10. Protection of NCB
This add-on helps the policyholder to protect the No Claim Bonus even if he/she raises a claim during the policy year. generally, the NCB is not affected in the first two claims.
11. Tyre Damage Cover
Tyre Protection Add-On in two wheeler insurance provides cover for damages such as puncture or bursting of tyres, in-tyre bulge, cut on a tyre because of an accident, etc.
Benefits of Two-Wheeler Add-on Covers
Here are the various benefits of buying bike insurance add-on covers:
1. Additional Protection
Two-wheeler add-ons provide extra benefits to your vehicle in addition to your existing basic bike insurance policy.
2. Peace of Mind
Add-ons provide wider coverage and a better amount of compensation to the bike owners. Thereby providing peace of mind and stress-free driving.
3. Helps in Customization
Bike insurance add-ons help in customisation of the insurance policy as per the requirements of the policyholder.
Read more: Use Bike Insurance Calculator to calculate the bike insurance premium along with these add-ons.
Add-on Covers For Your Bike Insurance Policy
Find Right Bike Insurance Quotes by Bikes Body Type
- View Hero Splendor Plus Insurance Quotes
- View Bajaj Pulsar 150 Insurance Quotes
- View TVS Apache RTR 160 Insurance Quotes
- View Bajaj Pulsar 125 Neon Insurance Quotes
- View Honda Shine Insurance Quotes
- View Hero HF Deluxe Insurance Quotes
- View Hero Passion Pro Insurance Quotes
- View Hero Super Splendor Insurance Quotes
- View TVS Jupiter Insurance Quotes
- View Honda Activa 6G Insurance Quotes
- View Suzuki Access 125 Insurance Quotes
- View Honda Dio Insurance Quotes
- View Hero Pleasure Plus Insurance Quotes
- View Yamaha Fascino 125 Insurance Quotes
- View TVS NTORQ 125 Insurance Quotes
- View Honda Activa 125 Insurance Quotes
- View Yamaha YZF R15 V3 Insurance Quotes
- View Bajaj Pulsar NS200 Insurance Quotes
- View TVS Apache RR 310 Insurance Quotes
- View Bajaj Pulsar 220 F Insurance Quotes
- View Bajaj Pulsar RS200 Insurance Quotes
- View KTM RC 200 Insurance Quotes
- View Bajaj Pulsar NS160 Insurance Quotes
- View KTM RC 125 Insurance Quotes
- View Royal Enfield Classic 350 Insurance Quotes
- View Royal Enfield Bullet 350 Insurance Quotes
- View Royal Enfield Meteor 350 Insurance Quotes
- View Honda Hness CB350 Insurance Quotes
- View Bajaj Avenger Cruise 220 Insurance Quotes
- View Bajaj Avenger Street 160 Insurance Quotes
- View Jawa Perak Insurance Quotes
- View Jawa 42 Insurance Quotes
Bike Insurance Companies Reviews & Ratings
Two Wheeler Insurance Add-ons FAQs
What is an add-on in two-wheeler insurance policy?
In two-wheeler insurance, add-on covers refer to additional coverage which can be purchased to extend the coverage of a standard plan against the payment of an additional premium. These add-ons can be purchased with comprehensive bike insurance plans as well as standalone own-damage bike insurance plans. Some popular bike insurance add-ons include zero depreciation cover, road side assistance cover, engine protect, etc.
Is there a limit on the number of add-ons I can purchase?
No, there is no limit on the number of add-ons which can be purchased with a bike insurance plan. You can add as many add-ons as you like with your policy.
What are the documents required for add-on covers in two wheeler insurance?
No additional documentation is required for the purchase of add-ons. You can add them to your bike insurance policy at the time of purchasing the plan by paying an additional nominal premium.
What are the different types of add-on covers in two wheeler insurance available in the market?
There are a number of bike insurance add-ons available in the market. The most popular bike insurance add-ons include:
- Zero Depreciation
- Consumable Expenses
- Road Side Assistance
- New Vehicle for Old Vehicle
- Engine Protect
- Accidental Hospitalisation
- Hospital Cash
- EMI Protector
- Outstanding Loan Protector
- NCB (No Claim Bonus) Secure
- Owner Personal Accident (PA)
- Pillion Rider Personal Accident (PA)
What do I need to know before buying a bike insurance add-on?
Before buying a bike insurance add-on, you must know its coverage, features and premium amount.
How do add-on covers enhance bike insurance?
Bike insurance add-ons extend the coverage of a standard bike insurance plan and thus enhance a bike insurance policy.
Why should I buy a add-on covers in two wheeler insurance?
You should buy a bike insurance add-on cover to extend the coverage of your bike insurance plan.
Is it necessary to have two wheeler add cover on every year?
Bike insurance add-ons are not a mandatory requirement but they are recommended for purchase as they increase the coverage of your standard bike insurance policy.
What is a depreciation cover?
When you opt for this cover, at the time of claim settlement your insurance company pays for the depreciated amount applicable on your bike which is otherwise deducted from the claim amount. It is one of the most selling add-on covers and helps one save a significant amount.
Bike Insurance News
- Safety Tips to Ride a Bike in Foggy Conditions
Read this post to find safety tips to ride a bike in foggy c...27 January 2021
- Significance of Wheelbase in Two-Wheeler
Significance of wheelbase in two-wheeler explained in this p...27 January 2021
- Everything You Need To Know About Bike Insurance I...
Have you ever wanted a handy guide of all the main points ab...26 January 2021
- Documents To Carry When Riding A Bike In India
Do you know what documents are compulsory to carry with you ...26 January 2021
- Tips To Keep Your Bike Looking New
You must be wanting your bike to remain looking as good as n...25 January 2021
- Two-Wheeler Sanitization Checklist
Keeping all your surroundings clean and sanitised is of utmo...29 November 2020
- Important Items In A Biker’s Riding Kit
There may be many instances where you have taken a trip on y...29 November 2020
- Top Bikes with High Resale Value in India
There are many reasons you may want to invest in a new bike ...03 December 2020
- Significance of Cubic Capacity (CC) in Motorcycles
Not many know of what Cubic Capacity (CC) refers to in bikes...30 November 2020
- How to Transfer RC from One State to Another?
Read all about the process of how to transfer the registrati...01 December 2020