What Is a Two-wheeler Insurance Add-on Covers?
Two-wheeler insurance add-on covers are additional coverages which can be availed with comprehensive as well as standalone own-damage two-wheeler insurance plans. The bike insurance add-on covers are available for an additional premium but are worth the cost as they significantly enhance the coverage of a basic plan. Two-wheeler insurance add-ons are just like an icing on the cake which strengthens the coverage of your two-wheeler. There are a variety of bike add-on covers which can be opted along with the two-wheeler insurance plans. Some of them are zero depreciation, passenger assistance cover etc.
What is your bike's brand?
Types of Add-On Covers in Two Wheeler Insurance
The availability of two-wheeler insurance add-ons varies from one insurer to another. The following are some add-on covers in two wheeler insurance that a general insurance company provides to its customers:
1. Zero Depreciation Cover
Depreciation is a natural phenomenon that occurs with the passage of time. By default, the burden of bearing the cost of depreciation incurred by a two-wheeler rests with the vehicle’s owner. A zero depreciation cover helps you mitigate this burden of bearing the depreciation cost of your vehicle so that you can claim a bigger amount. Most of the insurers allow the policyholder to make a maximum of 2 zero depreciation claims, however, some insurers such as IFFCO Tokio General Insurance, Royal Sundaram General Insurance Company and New India Assurance Company allow unlimited zero depreciation claims during the policy tenure.
2. Consumables Cover
Consumables Add On Cover in two wheeler Insurance provides coverage for all the consumable items of a bike such as a grease, lubricants clip, bearings, fuel filter, oil filter, brake oil, nut and bolt, screw, etc, which are not usually covered in a standard own-damage insurance policy.
3. Roadside Assistance Cover
Roadside assistance cover add-on cover in bike insurance provides assistance services to the insured in the event of the breakdown of his/her vehicle. The services include towing service to the nearest garage, on-site repair services, assistance in case of loss of keys, changing flat tyres, fuel delivery, etc.
4. Key Loss Cover
Key Replacement Add-On in two wheeler insurance makes the insurance company liable to compensate the policyholder for the loss of key(s). It also provides a spare key in the minimum possible time.
5. Passenger Assistance Cover
Passenger Cover in bike insurance It is a bundled cover which includes Hospital Allowance, Medical Expenses and Medical Transport Assistance to the policyholder in the event of an accident.
6. Engine Safe Cover
Engine Protection cover allows the policyholder to get coverage for expenses incurred due to mechanical/electrical breakdown of the engine due to an oil spill or water ingression.
7. Loss of Personal Belongings
With this add-on, the insurer compensates the policyholder for the loss of personal belongings such as the articles or other items of a personal nature which are likely to be used, carried or worn.
8. Return To Invoice
Return to Invoice cover allows the policyholder to get full invoice price of your vehicle in case the insured’s vehicle suffers Total Loss, Constructive Total Loss (CTL) or theft.
9. Daily Allowance
By opting for this add-on the policyholder gets a daily allowance from the insurer when the two-wheeler is lost or is out for repairs.
10. Protection of NCB
This add-on helps the policyholder retain the No Claim Bonus discount even if he/she had filed a claim in the last policy tenure. NCB is the discount which a policyholder gets on the own-damage premium for every claim-free year.
11. Tyre Damage Cover
Tyre Protection Add-On in two wheeler insurance provides cover for damages such as puncture or bursting of tyres, in-tyre bulge, cut on a tyre due to an accident, etc.
Benefits of Two-Wheeler Add-on Covers
Add-ons provide various benefits which are as follows:
1. Additional Protection
Two-wheeler add-ons provide extra benefits to your vehicle in addition to your existing basic bike insurance policy.
2. Peace of Mind
Add-ons provide wider coverage and a better amount of compensation to the bike owners. Thereby providing peace of mind and stress-free driving.
3. Helps in Customization
Bike insurance add-ons help in customisation of the insurance policy as per the requirements of the policyholder.
Read more: Use Bike Insurance Calculator to calculate the premium for your bike insurance policy along with these add-ons.
Add-on Covers For Your Bike Insurance Policy
Find Right Bike Insurance Quotes by Bikes Body Type
- View Hero Splendor Plus Insurance Quotes
- View Bajaj Pulsar 150 Insurance Quotes
- View TVS Apache RTR 160 Insurance Quotes
- View Hero HF Deluxe Insurance Quotes
- View Honda Shine Insurance Quotes
- View Hero Passion Pro Insurance Quotes
- View Bajaj Pulsar 125 Neon Insurance Quotes
- View Hero Glamour Insurance Quotes
- View Honda Activa 6G Insurance Quotes
- View Suzuki Access 125 Insurance Quotes
- View TVS NTORQ 125 Insurance Quotes
- View TVS Jupiter Insurance Quotes
- View Honda Dio Insurance Quotes
- View Honda Activa 125 Insurance Quotes
- View TVS XL100 Insurance Quotes
- View Yamaha Fascino 125 Insurance Quotes
- View Yamaha YZF R15 V3 Insurance Quotes
- View Bajaj Pulsar NS200 Insurance Quotes
- View Bajaj Pulsar 220 F Insurance Quotes
- View Bajaj Pulsar RS200 Insurance Quotes
- View TVS Apache RR 310 Insurance Quotes
- View KTM RC 200 Insurance Quotes
- View KTM RC 125 Insurance Quotes
- View Yamaha FZS-FI V3 Insurance Quotes
- View Royal Enfield Classic 350 Insurance Quotes
- View Royal Enfield Bullet 350 Insurance Quotes
- View Honda Hness CB350 Insurance Quotes
- View Bajaj Avenger Street 220 Insurance Quotes
- View Bajaj Avenger Street 160 Insurance Quotes
- View Jawa 42 Insurance Quotes
- View Harley Davidson Fat Boy Insurance Quotes
- View Harley Davidson 1200 Custom Insurance Quotes
Bike Companies User Reviews
Two Wheeler Insurance Add-ons FAQs
What is an add-on in two-wheeler insurance policy?
In two-wheeler insurance, add-on covers refer to additional coverage which can be purchased to extend the coverage of a standard plan against the payment of an additional premium. These add-ons can be purchased with comprehensive bike insurance plans as well as standalone own-damage bike insurance plans. Some popular bike insurance add-ons include zero depreciation cover, road side assistance cover, engine protect, etc.
Is there a limit on the number of add-ons I can purchase?
No, there is no limit on the number of add-ons which can be purchased with a bike insurance plan. You can add as many add-ons as you like with your policy.
What are the documents required for add-on covers in two wheeler insurance?
No additional documentation is required for the purchase of add-ons. You can add them to your bike insurance policy at the time of purchasing the plan by paying an additional nominal premium.
What are the different types of add-on covers in two wheeler insurance available in the market?
There are a number of bike insurance add-ons available in the market. The most popular bike insurance add-ons include:
- Zero Depreciation
- Consumable Expenses
- Road Side Assistance
- New Vehicle for Old Vehicle
- Engine Protect
- Accidental Hospitalisation
- Hospital Cash
- EMI Protector
- Outstanding Loan Protector
- NCB (No Claim Bonus) Secure
- Owner Personal Accident (PA)
- Pillion Rider Personal Accident (PA)
What do I need to know before buying a bike insurance add-on?
Before buying a bike insurance add-on, you must know its coverage, features and premium amount.
How do add-on covers enhance bike insurance?
Bike insurance add-ons extend the coverage of a standard bike insurance plan and thus enhance a bike insurance policy.
Why should I buy a add-on covers in two wheeler insurance?
You should buy a bike insurance add-on cover to extend the coverage of your bike insurance plan.
Is it necessary to have two wheeler add cover on every year?
Bike insurance add-ons are not a mandatory requirement but they are recommended for purchase as they increase the coverage of your standard bike insurance policy.
What is a depreciation cover?
When you opt for this cover, at the time of claim settlement your insurance company pays for the depreciated amount applicable on your bike which is otherwise deducted from the claim amount. It is one of the most selling add-on covers and helps one save a significant amount.
Bike Insurance News
- Depreciation Impacts Two Wheeler Insurance Premium...
There are a number of factors that come into play when you ...29 October 2020
- Best Two Wheeler Insurance Companies
Check list of top two-wheeler insurance companies in India o...29 October 2020
- Mistakes to Avoid When Buy Two Wheeler Insurance
Buying a two-wheeler insurance policy in India is quite simp...29 October 2020
- Impact of GST on Two-Wheeler Insurance
There is a tax rate of 18% set by the GST council, that is a...28 October 2020
- All About Bharti AXA Two Wheeler Insurance Plans
Bharti Axa is one of the main two-wheeler insurance companie...28 October 2020
- How to Get Duplicate Two Wheeler Insurance Copy On...
Want to get for a duplicate two wheeler insurance copy onlin...30 July 2020
- How to Get Bike Insurance Details by Registration ...
What is a bike registration number? Use of the registration ...29 July 2020
- How to Find the VIN, Chassis Number and Engine Num...
Bikes has a unique Vehicle Identification Number (VIN). Want...07 September 2020
- Check Bike Insurance Policy Expiry Date
How to Check Bike Insurance Policy Expiry Date Online. It is...31 August 2020
- Everything About the Pollution Under Control Certi...
PUC is an abbreviation for Pollution Under Control.19 June 2020