Calculate Health Insurance Premium
By using an online premium calculator, you can enjoy the following benefits:
- Health insurance premium calculator makes premium calculation quick and easy
- You can plan your finances easily as you get a fair idea of the premium amount in advance
- You can decide which plan to buy on your own without taking help from an agent
- The tool suggests several health insurance plans on the basis of the information you provide.
- You can compare the shortlisted policies in order to select the best.
How to use health insurance premium calculator?
- To be able to use the premium calculator, all you need to do is visit the website of InsuranceDekho, that is insurancedekho.com and click on the Health option.
- Fill your personal details as asked in the form displayed. You will have to share your Gender, Age, Members to be insured, City, Name, Mobile Number, and E-mail ID. Click on ‘View Instant Quote’ option.
- The best health insurance plans for you will get displayed on the website with an estimated premium amount.
- You can alter your choices of coverage features and see the change in premium amount.
Factors Which Determine the Health Insurance Premium
With growing age, your health insurance premium is bound to climb as old people more prone to illnesses and use more health care services than young ones. So, it is better to make the timely purchase of a health insurance plan to avoid higher premiums.
Health insurance premiums differ for men and women. This is because as per the expert, women are more likely to visit doctors, and are therefore demanded a higher premium.
4. Medical History
Typically, if you have a family history of some specific diseases like cancer, heart disease, or blood pressure, then you are more likely to require medical care for the same in future. Which means a higher premium for you.
5. Body Mass Index (BMI)
People with higher BMI are more prone to heart, and joint-related diseases, and even diabetes. Which is why they are more likely to avail healthcare services in future.
Regular smokers are required to pay more health insurance premiums as smoking is significantly risky for health. Regular smokers are more vulnerable to issues like Stroke, Asthma, Cancer, Heart disease, hypertension etc.
7. Pre-existing Health Conditions
Individuals with pre-existing diseases are required to pay more health insurance premiums as they will need more coverage in comparison to others.
8. Geographical Location
Your residency may also affect the premium amount you will be required to pay. Some zip codes demand a higher premium than others.
If you work in a hazardous environment or have a stressful job, then you are more likely to suffer from medical issues. Which means you will have to pay a higher premium.
FAQs on Premium Calculator
Q 1. Why should I calculate health insurance premium?
Premium calculation is a must before buying a health insurance policy to make an ideal choice. Calculating premium helps not only in making the financial planning easier but also in understanding the ideal policy premium amount that you can afford.
Q 2. How is the premium for a health insurance policy calculated?
Premium calculation for health insurance is done based on a couple of factors. The list of factors includes the number of people covered in the policy, age, policy tenure, family history, coverage type, the sum insured, pre-existing diseases, gender, marital status, profession, and location.
Q 3. What is the benefit of using an online premium calculator?
The benefits of using an online premium calculator are many. The free premium calculation, simplification of complex calculations, time-saving solution, comparison of different quotes, customization of input, and premium calculation result without any mistake are a few benefits that make online premium calculation worthwhile.
For further information about the premium calculator or any query related to health insurance, dial our toll-free number 755 1196 989.
Health Insurance Premium Calculator
- Religare Health Insurance
- Max Bupa
- Star Health Insurance
- ManipalCigna Health Insurance
- HDFC ERGO General Insurance
- HDFC ERGO Health Insurance
- Royal Sundaram General Insurance
- Universal Sompo General Insurance
- Aditya Birla Health Insurance
- Edelweiss General Insurance
- New India Assurance
- Reliance General Insurance
- Tata AIG General Insurance
- Bajaj Allianz General Insurance
- Liberty General Insurance
- United India Insurance
- IFFCO Tokio General Insurance
- ICICI Lombard General Insurance
- Future Generali India Insurance
- Bharti AXA General Insurance
- SBI General Insurance
- National Insurance
- Cholamandalam MS General Insurance
- Oriental Insurance
- Raheja QBE General Insurance
- Magma HDI General Insurance
- Go Digit General Insurance
- Reliance Health Insurance
- DHFL General Insurance