- Save upto 75%*Lowest Bike Premiums
- 11.5 Lakh+Happy Customers
- Claim Support7 days a week
*TP price for less than 75cc two-wheeler. All savings/offers are provided by the Insurers which are subject to modification. Terms and conditions apply
About Royal Sundaram Bike Insurance
Royal Sundaram Insurance Company Ltd. plays the role of a trendsetter in the insurance industry of India. The company is a subsidiary of Sundaram Finance Group. It was the first private insurance company in India which got licensed in the year 2000 by the Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India. The insurer is known for providing specialised insurance plans, specially designed for individuals as well as businesses. Its portfolio ranges from bike insurance, car insurance, health insurance, personal accident insurance, travel insurance, and home insurance. To businesses, it provides specialised insurance products such as fire insurance, marine insurance, engineering insurance, liability insurance, and business interruption risk insurance.
The insurer offers bike insurance policies to the customers at an affordable premium. These bike insurance policies cover any loss or damage caused to the insured bike due to natural or man-made calamities such as landslide, fire and explosion, terrorism, storm and flood, burglary, theft, malicious act, storm and flood, earthquake, etc. Other than the traditional way of providing bike insurance policies, the insurer provides innovative insurance solutions through various intermediaries and affinity partners.
The company has spread its network-wide to cater to all kinds of customers. Its foundations are built on so much trust and compassion. With more than 2,000 dedicated employees, the company has set up approximately 156 branches all over the nation. The exceptional service offered by the company has made it one of the biggest insurance providers in India.
Royal Sundaram Bike Insurance
Royal Sundaram General Insurance Co. Ltd. offers three basic types of two-wheeler insurance for their customers. These include third party insurance, standalone own-damage insurance and comprehensive plans. Purchasing insurance for your two-wheeler is a convenient way to protect yourself from the uncertainties that come with riding a two-wheeler. Third party insurance is compulsory for every two-wheeler in India according to the Motor Vehicles Act of 1988. Moreover, third party insurance is beneficial, it takes care of third party liabilities in case of a mishap including bodily injuries, death and property damage. Keep in mind, if you are caught riding your two-wheeler without it you can be punished with a fine of Rs 2,000 and/or be imprisoned for up to 3 months. Along with third party insurance, it is also a good idea to purchase an own-damage cover. A standalone own-damage cover will compensate the policyholder for the damage to their two-wheeler in case of a road accident, theft, vandalism, fire, natural or man-made calamity. You can also purchase comprehensive insurance, it will cover both own-damage costs and third party liabilities under a single premium.
Furthermore, you can purchase add-on covers to further improve the coverage of your standard two-wheeler insurance. These optional covers give insurance policies the flexibility to fit individual needs and provide coverage for aspects that are otherwise excluded. The zero depreciation cover, consumables cover, roadside assistance cover, passenger assistance cover and return to invoice cover are some things you should check out.
Royal Sundaram General Insurance is a reputed private insurance provider in India. They offer a wide variety of add-on covers to choose from. Moreover, they are well known for their efficient customer service and reasonable insurance premiums.
Significant Points of Royal Sundaram Bike Insurance
Property Damage under Third Party Insurance
Up to Rs 1 Lakh
Own Damage Cover
Determined by the IDV of the Two-Wheeler
Personal Accident Cover
Up to Rs 15 Lakh
Claim Settlement Assistance
24x7 Helpline Available for Claim Assistance
Calculate Your Bike Insurance
Benefits of Royal Sundaram Bike Insurance
- A wide network of 3,300+ garages
- 24x7 emergency assistance is provided
- Offers unlimited claims to its customers
- Easy and quick claim settlement process
- Digitally enabled processes with m-Chatra App
Explore Royal Sundaram Bike Insurance
Must Read Articles before buying Royal Sundaram Bike Insurance
- Read this article to get easy steps on getting a duplicate bike insurance policy online from Royal Sundaram.
- Your two-wheeler insurance document is an important document which you should read carefully and check for errors before signing.
- Common two-wheeler issues that can lead to brake failure. To ensure the safety of yourself, your fellow passengers, and other individuals on the roads
Royal Sundaram Bike Insurance User Reviews
- Most Helpful
- Cashless Garages
- Add On
Royal Sundaram Two-Wheeler Insurance FAQs
What are the unique features of two-wheeler insurance policies offered by Royal Sundaram General Insurance?
The two-wheeler insurance policy from Royal Sundaram has some exquisite features that make it approachable by the customers. The features are the following:
- Online policy- The policyholders can buy or renew their policy online.
- Long term plans- The two-wheeler insurance policy offers a cover of 2 to 3 years.
- Network garages- It provides cashless repair and replacement services at more than 3,300 network garages.
- Quick claim settlement- It offers a hassle-free settlement of the claim.
How is the premium on my policy determined?
Following are the factors that determine the premium paid by the policyholder for an insurance policy:
- IDV (Insured Declared Value).
- Place of registration.
- Policy tenure.
- Cubic capacity of the vehicle.
- Age of the vehicle.
Why should I take two-wheeler insurance from Royal Sundaram?
Royal Sundaram is one of the most reputed names in the insurance industry. You can take a policy with a coverage of 2 to 3 years from it. It featured an excellent claim settlement ratio of 92.66%. It claims to settle down the claim request within 10 working days. The customer support is available 24x7 to solve all your problems.
I do not have a luxury bike, should I take two-wheeler insurance?
Life is uncertain and an accident will never knock before arriving. It is important to be prepared for an unfortunate event in advance. An insurance policy will cover you against various legal as well as financial liabilities arising out of those unforeseen events. No matter if you have a basic or a luxury bike being covered is important.
I want to seek details of bike insurance policy, whom should I contact?
To seek any details about the insurance policy you can refer to your policy document or contact the customer support assistants by dialling the toll-free number 1860-425-0000. They are 24x7 available for the service.
Why to buy from InsuranceDekho?
- Instant policy# within 5 mins
- More than 45 lac happy customers
- Claim Support available all 7 days of the week
Bike Insurance News
- Things To Remember In The Event Of A Two-Wheeler A...
Learn about the various ways you may safeguard yourself agai...04 July 2022
- What is the difference between a multi-year and a ...
What is the difference between a multi-year and a one-year b...04 July 2022
- Factors To Consider When Buying An Electronic Two-...
Read this article to learn why getting e-bike insurance from...03 July 2022
- How To Get A Cheap Two-Wheeler Insurance Policy?
Learn how to get a cheap two-wheeler insurance policy here.02 July 2022
- 10 Things to Think About Before Buying a Used Bike
Due to the abundance of good-condition two-wheelers, many in...01 July 2022
- How Can You Check Your Bike Insurance Policy's Exp...
Perhaps you're looking for a step-by-step guide on how to ch...14 May 2022
- Renewal Benefits for Two-Wheeler Insurance
Here are some of the benefits of renewing your bike insuranc...06 May 2022
- Learn Everything About Bike Registration Through R...
Read on to learn more about how to register your new bike an...19 May 2022
- Getting Two-Wheeler Insurance for Old Vehicles: A ...
Learn how to obtain two-wheeler insurance for vintage automo...07 May 2022
- Considering Two-Wheeler Insurance? Know About IRDA...
Consider Two-Wheeler Protection. Below are the IRDAI Rules f...05 May 2022