- Save upto 75%*Lowest Car Premiums
- 11.5 Lakh+Happy Customers
- Claim Support7 days a week
*TP price for less than 1000cc four-wheeler. All savings/offers are provided by the Insurers which are subject to modification. Terms and conditions apply
About New India Car Insurance
New India Assurance Company Ltd is a public sector general insurance company, headquartered in Mumbai, Maharashtra. It operates both in India and foreign territories like the UK, Mauritius, New Zealand, Thailand, the Philippines and others. The company has also worked in collaboration with some of the leading public sector banks of India and a few Financial Institutions to expand its network of distribution for its products.
The company was founded in 1919 by Sir Dorabji Tata and was later nationalised in 1973. Until 1999, it operated as a subsidiary of the General Insurance Corporation of India (GIC) but became autonomous when GIC became a re-insurance company as per the IRDA Act 1999. It is the largest general insurance company of India on the basis of the gross premium collection (inclusive of foreign operations). Moreover, it has also been leading the non-life insurance sector in India for more than four decades and also leads in some of the international markets.
The general insurer offers more than 230 insurance products that engulf almost the entirety of the non-life insurance segment. These include car insurance policies, two-wheeler insurance policies, health insurance policies, travel insurance policies, rural insurance policies, marine insurance policies, etc. Thanks to the robust serving mechanism and continuous strive via the efforts of highly trained employees, New India Assurance is the only company to be bestowed with CRISIL’s AAA/Stable rating. Worth mentioning, the insurer is also the first of its kind to set up its own training school.
New India Car Insurance
The New India General Insurance Company offers all types of car insurance policies namely third-party car insurance policies, standalone own-damage car insurance policies, as well as comprehensive car insurance policies. With these policies, liability is covered for an unlimited amount in respect of death or injury and damage to third party property and coverage is offered for loss or damage to the insured car and its accessories due to fire, explosion, self-ignition or lightning, burglary, housebreaking or theft, riot and strike, landslide, earthquake, flood, cyclone, and so on.
Along with standalone own-damage and comprehensive car insurance policies, one can also opt for add-on cover(s) as per their own requirement such as engine protection cover, return to invoice cover, road tax cover, personal belongings cover, zero depreciation cover, and so on. Car insurance policies offered by New India Assurance offer wide coverage at affordable car insurance premiums thereby making them a preferred choice by the customers. In addition to these, No Claim Bonus discount is available on renewal of policy, ranging from 20% to 50%, depending upon the type of car and the number of years for which no claim has been made.
Significant Points of New India Car Insurance
Third Party Property Damage
Up to Rs. 7.5 Lakh
Own Damage Cover
Coverage for Own Car for Its Loss and Damage
Personal Accident Cover
Up to Rs. 15 Lakh
6 Add-on Covers
24/7 Claim Assistance
Calculate Your Car Insurance
Benefits of New India Car Insurance
- 24x7 emergency assistance is available
- An extensive network of 3,000+ garages
- Digital insurance process for paperless system
- Issues instant policies for all insurance products
- Enables customers to get coverage in 28+ countries.
New India Car Insurance Add-Ons
This add-on covers loss or damage to accessories equipped in the car such as stereos, fans, air-conditioners etc, which are usually excluded from a standard car insurance policy.
Personal accident cover
It offers coverage of personal accident under private car policies for the owner as well as the passengers.
Legal liability to employees
This add-on covers legal liabilities of a paid driver in case of an accident.
Legal liability to non-fare paying passengers in commercial vehicles
This offers the coverage of non-fare paying passengers commuting in the insured car.
Inclusion of Road Tax Cover
In case of complete damage (beyond repair) of the insured car, the policyholder is reimbursed of the road tax on a replacement of the insured car (coverage available up to 5 years).
New India Car Insurance Claim Process
Inform the insurance providerContact the insurance provider to initiate claim settlement process. This will be followed by filling of the New India Assurance Claim Form
Keep the necessary documentsThereafter, the company will provide the details of necessary documentation. You must ensure that all the relevant documents are available with you
Survey of the damaged vehicleIn case of accidental damage to the car, the company will arrange a surveyor for inspection, who will report to the company
Document verificationThereafter, your documents will be subjected to verification by the company for processing the claim. The documents vary depending on the type of insurance
Leave all up to the companyThe company tries to complete all the formalities within the least possible time. Claim will be rendered on the basis the policy type and coverages opted
Must Read Articles before buying New India Car Insurance
- This article debunks the top five myths regarding vehicle insurance.
- Read this article to know why New India is an ideal choice for purchasing car insurance.
- Read this article to understand how modifying your car can affect your New India Car Insurance Policy.
- What is zero depreciation cover? What are the benefits of zero depreciation add on cover? Read along to know more about zero depreciation insurance.
- What is cashless motor insurance all about? Let’s get into the details of this feature of cashless insurance.
New India Car Insurance User Reviews
- Most Helpful
- Cashless Garages
- Add On
New India Car Insurance FAQs
Why do I need to fill up the proposal form for buying Insurance?
A proposal form is a contract between the insured and the insurer, which contains relevant and necessary details about the insured, his past policy and his vehicle details. It is, therefore, necessary to fill in correct details in the proposal form for future reference/proof.
I have my vehicle’s registration number, how can I get my policy number?
To get your policy number, please contact the New India Assurance (NIA) office.
I have purchased my policy from a Maruti dealer and I am unable to renew the policy online
Can I pay my car insurance premium online?
Yes, you can pay the premium online using any Debit/Credit card or Net Banking.
What are the documents required to file a claim with New India Car Insurance?
Documents to be submitted at the time of filing a claim are :
- Document such as claim intimation received by the insurer
- Copy of policy and receipt of payment of premium
- Completed claim form
- A copy of the driving license
- Certificate of registration of the vehicle
- An estimate of repairs and a stamped receipt from the repairer
- Bills of repairs that have already been done at approved garages
- Road tax verification
- Copy of Police FIR along with the original (for verification)
- Fitness Certificate, etc.( in applicable cases).
Why to buy from InsuranceDekho?
- Instant policy # within 5 mins
- More than 45 Lac happy customers
- Claim Support available all 7 days of the week
Car Insurance News
- IRDAI Fixes Latest Premiums For Third-party Bike A...
IRDAI has fixed latest premium for both car and bike insuran...21 November 2022
- Is Tree Falling On Car Covered By Insurance?
Will you be compensated by your car insurance provider if a ...21 November 2022
- Do Sports Cars Cost Higher Insurance Premium?
Know more about sports car insurance having high premiums.18 November 2022
- Key Car Insurance Terms You Should Know About
According to the Motor Vehicles Act of 1988, it is mandatory...15 November 2022
- Is animal attack covered under car insurance?
Animals might be difficult to avoid since they can suddenly ...10 November 2022
- How To Check Car Insurance Expiry Date?
Checking the status and expiry date of your car insurance ca...30 September 2022
- Is Third Party Insurance Enough For Car?
There is a lot of confusion about whether the third party in...03 October 2022
- Does The Colour Of Your Car Affect Your Insurance ...
Interestingly, the colour of your car will affect your insur...07 October 2022
- How To Check Car Insurance Validity Online?
You can find information such as the accident vehicle's hist...17 October 2022
- Is It Compulsory To Buy Insurance From Car Dealer...
When purchasing an insurance coverage, it's common to have s...18 October 2022