About TATA AIG Car Insurance
When speaking of Indian general insurance companies, TATA AIG General Insurance Company springs up as a popular name. It is a business collaboration between the TATA group and the American International Group. Learning about the stakes would be of worth here. The former enjoys a majority with 51% stakes while AIG racks up the remaining 49%. Let’s help you with a clear picture here – TATA AIG is a merger between two big-league finance organizations. While TATA Group establishes a strong foothold in the country, AIG ensures a worldwide presence and is counted among the leading insurance and finance institutions in the world.
TATA AIG kick-started operations on the 22nd of January, 2001. It offers a vast array of general insurance products that includes car insurance policies, bike insurance policies, travel insurance policies, property insurance policies, personal accident insurance policies, marine insurance policies, and what-not. Apart from these insurance policies, TATA AIG provides corporate insurance services and personal insurance services too.
When it comes to car insurance policies, Tata AIG offers third-party car insurance policies, standalone own-damage car insurance policies, as well as comprehensive car insurance policies, all of which are available at affordable premiums. These car insurance policies can be purchased online without any hassle via an instant and quick process. To get additional coverage, one can also purchase add-on cover(s) along with these car insurance policies. This way, one can opt for even greater coverage if covered under Tata AIG car insurance policies.
What is your car's brand?
Benefits of TATA AIG Car Insurance
- Signing up for a car policy rewards you with immediate financial aid in case of an accident or loss.
- Car accidents can result in severe dents and bodily damages. Paying for these repairs could burn your pockets by large. Having an insurance covers for such repairs against damages.
- Car insurance covers for damages not caused due to accidents and collisions. From theft, fire and other natural calamities, all damages are borne by the insurance company.
- Consequences following a car accident is unpredictable. It may pave way for legal hazards. Footing the bills against lawsuits could be quite high. Vehicle insurance pays for these expenses.
- TATA AIG offer a vast range of comprehensive policies to choose from. From motor cover to third party cover and personal cover, the company offers a variety of insurance products at your fingertips.
- Customers enjoy the flexibility to pick from 12 additional risk covers.
- Emergency assistance is available 24*7.
- Cashless settlements can easily be wrapped in network garages.
- Calculation of premiums for cover value does not include deductibles like salvage value.
- TATA AIG is a trustworthy brand in business since 2001. Car insurance plans offered by the company are undeniably one of the few bests in business.
TATA AIG car insurance Add-Ons
This is one of the most crucial add-ons you could choose. Round-the-clock assistance services like flat-tyre replacement, towing, batter-repair, refueling and arranging for prompt mechanical services in case of a breakdown are provided when you opt for the add-on. Some pointers to remember:
- You can avail taxi service in case of a breakdown.
- Emergency accommodation if the vehicle cannot be repaired in a spry.
- Other utility benefits in case your vehicle is stranded in a deserted place.
Reimbursement of Depreciation
It surely stands out as one of the lesser-known but most recommended add-on. Pairing your policy with this add-on entitles you to bag-in claims against expenses of repair for damages due to accident.
Little were you aware that consumables like nuts, bolts, oils and screws are not covered by any car insurance policy. Opting for this add-on however, guarantees that expenses for small consumables are entirely covered by the insurance company. Bear in mind, cost of consumables in high-end vehicles are pretty high. Having an add-on in such circumstances is of great value.
Engine Secure Add-On
The add-on is extremely crucial for new car owners and luxury car owners. This is a rider that compensates for the expenses of engine damage, not caused due to accident. It is extremely helpful for those residing in areas where water logging is a common problem.
No Claim Bonus is like a prize rewarded to customers by insurance companies for successfully completing a claim-free year. The NCB Protector Add-On works wonders in increasing financial protection during policy renewals. With this add-on in use, you could proceed with claims for loss like windshield glass repair, total loss of vehicle and replacement of accessories.
- Remember, the protector will shield you against the first two claims.
TATA AIG Car Insurance Claim Process
Inform Your Insurance CompanyDial 1800-266-7780 TATA AIG’s official helpline number and register your claim. Visit workshop and intimate the insurer.
Drop By At The Nearest WorkshopGet your vehicle towed to a nearby workshop or drive your car to the location.
The Survey Process BeginsRegistration of a claim with an insurance company is followed by the appointment of surveyor in 24-48 hours.
Documents Are To Be SubmittedEverything from a DL, Policy Copy, RC and Aadhar Card to a Claim Intimation Form, Repair Estimate and a PAN Card must be submitted to the insurance company.
Survey Is Wrapped UpCareful survey of the car is completed by the surveyor in 24-48 working hours.
Conclusion As Decided By the SurveyorAfter the survey is done, the surveyor approves or rejects the claim. Post approval, repair works begin.
Deliver Order Is Handed OutFinal survey is done after the repair works are completed. A delivery order for the vehicle is issued.
Non-Cashless – The Difference in ProcedureRepair costs are borne and paid by the customer. Reimbursement of the claim amount is then provided.
192 Tata Aig Cashless Garages in India
Explore Tata Aig Car Insurance
- Read More
- Read More
- Read More
TATA AIG Car Insurance User Reviews
- Most Helpful
TATA AIG Car Insurance FAQs
TATA AIG Car Insurance Policy – Does It Offer Direct Settlement Benefit on Car Insurance Policy?
If you are a TATA AIG policyholder, you can easily avail the benefits of direct settlement when the vehicle is repaired at an authorized garage, workshop or dealer station.
How do I pay to renew my car insurance policy with TATA AIG?
Renewing your car insurance policy with TATA AIG is simpler than you think. Primarily, there are three steps involved.
- Online using debit card, credit card or net banking.
- Proceed with payment through IVR.
- Cheque collection.
In TATA AIG, will a personal belonging rider cover cash?
Unfortunately, personal belongings do not cover items like cash and cheques.
My TATA AIG car insurance policy has expired – How do I renew it without any delay?
If your car insurance policy has lapsed, renewing it without getting an inspection done is not possible. Without any ado, make sure you place your request for inspection and renewal by calling on their toll-free number. This must be done within 90 days from the date on which the policy has expired.
Can I request for a change in the IDV of my vehicle insured by TATA AIG?
Of course you can! Just call on their toll-free number 1800-266-7780 and place your request. Do keep in mind that insured declared value of the vehicle can be altered according to the terms and conditions of the company and only during the time of renewal.
Why to Buy Car Insurance Policy from InsuranceDekho?
- Instant policy# within 5 mins
- More than 11.5 Lac happy customers
- Claim Support available all 7 days of the week
Latest Car Insurance News
- Reasons Why You Need Car Insurance For Autonomous ...
Autonomous vehicles may get you excited with each new car be...17 August 2020
- Top Car Insurance Companies Providing Personal Acc...
On the basis of Health Insurance Claim settlement ratio, her...30 April 2020
- Cashless Car Insurance Policy Usefulness
What is cashless motor insurance all about? Let’s get into t...27 April 2020
- Types of Car Insurance Policies in India
Let’s explore about car insurance policy types in India. Aft...24 April 2020
- Return to Invoice Add-On Cover For Car Insurance
Explore return to invoice add-on cover in Car Insurance in ...23 April 2020
- Know What is NCB in Car Insurance Online India
All You Need To Know About No Claim Bonus On Car Insurance O...22 April 2020
Every detail provided in this website is for information purpose only. Insurancedekho under no circumstances, endorse the information provided. However, we are constantly doing our best to keep our privileged customers up-to-date with neutral and factual information.