Life Insurance Premium Calculator Online
How Life Insurance Premium Calculator Helps?
The online tool of life insurance premium calculator helps the policy buyers find out life insurance premiums in a simple and quick manner. Life insurance premium calculators provide premium calculation results instantly. The online tool considers variables like age, gender, cover up, life cover, personal habits like consumption of tobacco/alcohol and more for calculating the life insurance premium amount.
Term Life Insurance Premium Calculator
Date of Birth
Do you smoke or chew tobacco?
Choose required coverage to secure your family’s future
Benefits of Life Insurance Premium Calculator
Life insurance premium calculator at InsuranceDekho is an easy to use tool which helps a potential life insurance policy buyer make an informed decision for his/her life insurance. Below mentioned are some of the benefits of using InsuranceDekho Life Insurance Premium Calculator:
- The tool helps you to opt for the highest possible life cover amount that suits your budget. An individual can also opt for
additional benefits at the best possible rate of premium offered by the life insurance companies.
- Using this life insurance online tool can help you instantly calculate the premium. It helps in saving time.
- A life insurance premium calculator offers the flexibility to make decisions without the influence of an agent that generally affects your choice. It helps in making better decisions in terms of choosing a plan that best suits you.
- Life insurance premium calculator helps you save time. Since there is no manual calculation of life insurance premium involved, one gets the desired premium amount results within no time.
How is Life Insurance Premium Calculated?
You can easily calculate premiums for a life insurance plan with the help of the InsuranceDekho Life Insurance Premium Calculator. The premium of the life insurance plan depends on the sum assured and other factors such as age, gender, cover-up, riders, and personal habits like consumption of tobacco/alcohol. The premiums are determined by the insurance providers and differ from policyholder to policyholder. The calculation of premium can vary depending on the change in the variables and premium payment frequency.
How to Use a Life Insurance Premium Calculator?
There are many insurance companies competing with each other and each one of them has a different procedure of calculating the life insurance premium. At InsuranceDekho, you need to provide the following information in order to calculate the premium for your life insurance plan:
- Enter your Age
- Select the amount of sum assured
- Select your Gender
- Select ‘Yes’ or ‘No’ to confirm your consumption of tobacco/alcohol
- After this, you will get the premiums for the quotes of your life insurance plans.
Factors Affecting Life Insurance Premium
The premium of life insurance is calculated after considering the following factors:
1. Age: Age is an important element considered to calculate the premium for a life insurance plan. The reason behind age being an important variable in the premium calculation of a life insurance plan is that younger people are less likely to catch diseases and are considered in a low-risk category. Usually, premiums for life insurance are lower when you purchase it at a young age rather than at an age where high risk is involved and premiums are also higher.
2. Gender: Some insurance providers offer less amount of premiums for women. There is scientific and statistical evidence that reveals that women are likely to live more than the average age of a man. This allows women to take advantage of life insurance plans for a longer policy tenure which calls for lower premiums.
3. Medical Records: When you are purchasing a life insurance plan it is necessary to go through medical examinations. These medical examinations help in determining your current health status and help in determining any potential diseases that might occur in the future. Obtaining the results from the medical examination helps in calculating premiums for life insurance plans.
4. Personal Habits: Personal habits like the consumption of tobacco/alcohol can affect the calculation of premiums for a life insurance policy. Consumption of tobacco and alcohol is considered harmful to an individual's health. People who consume tobacco/alcohol are more likely to catch different diseases and are considered in a high-risk category. Therefore, the premium rates for non-tobacco/alcohol consumers are low and rather high for people who consume tobacco/alcohol.
5. Medical History: In case, the medical history of a policyholder showcases serious illnesses like heart disease, cancer, or any other, then the insurance companies consider the policyholder to be on the higher side of risk. In a case like such, the premium of a life insurance policy can increase with a significant margin, thereby affecting the ultimate premium amount.
6. Profession: The occupation or profession of a policyholder plays a vital role in deciding the premium they will have to pay for a life insurance policy. For instance, if a life insurance policy buyer belongs to dangerous professional backgrounds such as mining industry, fisheries, oil and gas, or any other, they will have to pay a significantly higher premium amount for the policy they want to purchase.
7. Policy Term: The policy term or policy duration is also one of the crucial aspects that affects the life insurance policy premium. Note that the longer the tenure of the policy will be, the larger will be the amount of the benefit at the time of the policyholder’s death. Why? It is because the policyholder would be paying the premium for that time period. If we talk about short term policies, they are more expensive as compared to those that have a long term.
8. Lifestyle Choices: Your lifestyle choices can also end up in having you pay a lot more than you expected. Take note that many insurers keep a higher premium for people who love to get involved in adventurous activities for the purpose of thrill. If you, as an individual, are of the adventurous kind and get involved in activities concerning speeding cars, climbing mountains or other high risk activities, you may have to pay a much more premium amount than you expect due to the nature of high risk involved.
9. Obesity: Obesity is also one of the key aspects that can affect the life insurance policy premium you wish to buy. As a policyholder, if you are obese, you would be considered at a high risk for a series of health problems such as Osteoarthritis, Cancer, Stroke, High Blood Pressure, Coronary Heart Disease and more that can result in severe health problems in the future. Resultantly, you will have to pay higher premium as compared to non-obese individuals.
Tips to Reduce Life Insurance Premium
Here are some tips which can help you reduce the life insurance premium:
1. Buy Policy Online: Premiums for life insurance plans purchased online are comparatively less than purchasing them offline as it requires no additional cost of purchasing them directly from the insurance company or any agents.
2. Avoid Consumption of Tobacco/Alcohol: Consumption of tobacco/alcohol are harmful to a human being’s body. Health is considered the most important factor while calculating the premium for a life insurance plan. The premium rates for non-tobacco/alcohol consumers are low and rather high for people who consume tobacco/alcohol.
3. Choose the Best Possible Policy Term: The time period of the whole policy tenure also plays an important role in the calculation of policy premiums. If you purchase a policy for a longer term then the premium for the life insurance will be low as compared to premiums for a short policy tenure.
4. Add Riders Only If Required: When you purchase life insurance you get an option to purchase additional coverage with a life insurance plan. Choose the riders wisely and opt for them only if you genuinely require them because riders increase the number of premiums.
Can You Depend on Life Insurance Premium Calculators?
Life insurance premium calculators are backed by a thorough process of calculating the policy premium rates. This online tool considers a vast array of elements like age, gender, sum assured, and more into account for calculating the insurance premium. As compared to manual calculation of premium, an online tool can be highly relied upon as there are no chances of error. Human errors can be expected while doing manual life insurance premium calculation, but a calculator can be depended upon for giving the most accurate results. Additionally, life insurance premium calculations also provide results within a few seconds, thereby saving the effort as well as time of the policy buyer. The entire process is smooth and seamless as compared to the manual process, therefore the online life insurance premium calculators are highly recommended.
Life Insurance Companies User Reviews
Life Insurance News
- Latest News
- Popular News
- Is an Accidental Disability Rider A Good Option Fo...
At the point when we discuss life coverage, one size doesn't...26 September 2021
- Waiver Of Premium Rider Or Critical Illness Rider?...
Want to know about Waiver Of Premium Rider Or Critical Illne...26 September 2021
- 5 Key Facts About Pension Plans in India
Are you looking forward to buying a pension plan in India? H...26 September 2021
- Life Insurance Riders: Frequently Asked Questions
Riders are an integral part of every Life InSurance Policy. ...26 September 2021
- All Information You Need About Investment Plan for...
Making an investment concerning your child is an important s...26 September 2021
- Which Scheme is Best for a Boy Child?
There are many beneficial postal schemes present for the boy...16 July 2021
- List of Top 5 Child Plans In India 2021
Child insurance policies are life insurance programs that ai...16 March 2021
- All About Sukanya Samriddhi Yojna
Founded as part of the government's 'Beti Bachao, Beti Padha...18 March 2021
- How to Download LIC Policy Receipt Online?
LIC allows its customers to pay their premiums online easily...13 April 2021
- How to Check HDFC Life Policy Status Online?
HDFC life helps its policyholders with the ease of checking ...13 April 2021
FAQ About Life Insurance Premium Calculator Online
How to calculate life insurance premium?
You can calculate life insurance premium by taking into consideration several factors such as age, gender, occupation, lifestyle, policy tenure, total income, and current monthly expenses and liabilities. It is recommended to choose a life cover of at least 10-20 times your annual income. You can use a life insurance premium calculator to quickly calculate the premium of a particular life insurance policy that you wish to buy.
How are life insurance premium calculators beneficial?
Following are the benefits of using a life insurance premium calculator:
- Simplifies the process of purchasing plans online
- Helps you in managing finances easily by telling you a tentative premium amount
- Lets you compare different life insurance policies in a hassle-free way
- Lets you know the variation in premium with different factors.
How much cover do I need?
One of the main objectives of buying a life insurance policy is to offer financial support to your family and dependents (if any), in case of a misfortunate event of your death. Therefore, the amount of coverage that you choose when buying a life insurance policy, should be adequate for your family members after you, to maintain the standard of living that you have been providing them. When calculating life insurance cover, you must consider the following factors:
- Your annual income
- Your current and future financial liabilities
- Your financial goals
- Number of dependent family members and their expenses
- Your age at the time of policy purchase and the number of years that you will be working for more.
How does a life insurance premium calculator work?
InsuranceDekho's life insurance premium calculator is based on a pre-built algorithm defined for several parameters like type of policy chosen, your age, riders, and policy term. When using this free online tool, you are required to enter details related to these factors and you will get an estimate of the premium of a specific life insurance policy.
Can I add riders to my life insurance policy when buying it online at InsuranceDekho?
Yes. You can add riders to your life insurance policy, in case it offers the same. You will see the rider options when using the premium calculator and can opt for the one you want to buy, by paying an extra premium.