- Save upto 75%*Lowest Car Premiums
- 11.5 Lakh+Happy Customers
- Claim Support7 days a week
New India Comprehensive Car Insurance
A third party liability insurance policy has a very narrow coverage as it insures the policyholder only against third party liabilities. This limitation of the third party cover is met by a comprehensive car insurance plan which provides insurance for the car’s own damage in addition to all third party liabilities. A comprehensive car insurance plan offered by New India Assurance is a great comprehensive plan which comes with an instant and paperless purchase and renewal process.
The New India Assurance comprehensive car insurance policy also offers an option to purchase beneficial add-ons which provide additional coverage against extra premiums. A comprehensive car insurance plan is a great way of getting your car insured.
New India Comprehensive Car Insurance vs Third Party Car Insurance
Comprehensive Car Insurance
Third Party Policy
New India Comprehensive policy cover own damage of the insured car along with third party liabilities.
New India third-party policy insures the policyholder only against third party liabilities.
Several add-on covers are available with New India comprehensive car insurance to enhance the protection of the vehicle.
No add-on covers are available with the New India third party liability policy
Comprehensive car insurance policy costs a little more than a third-party policy due to wider coverage.
Third party policy costs comparatively less than a comprehensive policy due to its limited coverage.
What All Is Covered Under New India Comprehensive Car Insurance Plan?
New India comprehensive car insurance policy offers coverage for the following:
- It provides compensation for third party property damage up to Rs.7.5 lakh.
- It offers an optional personal accident insurance for the policyholder up to Rs. 15 lakh.
- New India Comprehensive Car Insurance Policy safeguards and covers own damage of the insured car occurred due to road accidents, natural calamity as well as man-made calamities like floods, road landslide, burglary, theft riots etc.
- It provides a cover for all third party liabilities. This includes 50-50 compensation by the policyholder and the company in case of partial blindness or loss of a limb. 100% coverage of the compensation expenses is granted by the company in case of death/complete blindness or loss of both limbs of a third party.
What All Is Not Covered Under New India Comprehensive Car Insurance Plan?
New India Assurance comprehensive car insurance policy does not provide coverage for the following:
- Normal wear and tear
- In case of willful negligence
- Driving without a valid licence
- Mechanical or electrical breakdown
- Any damage caused due to contractual liability
- Driving under the influence of alcohol or intoxicating drugs
- Damage occurred during war, nuclear risk, mutiny rebellion or any such situation.
New India Comprehensive Car Insurance Benefits
New India Assurance comprehensive car insurance policy offers various benefits to the policyholders which are as follow:
- Easy, quick and convenient issuance and renewal of policies.
- New India comprehensive policy bears towing charges of the car after an accident up to Rs.150.
- Get compensation for the damages sustained by the insured vehicle in a road mishap or from atural or man-made calamities.
- Policyholders can enjoy additional benefits by purchasing the add-on covers alongside the standard policy by paying an extra premium.
- No Claim Bonus (NCB) discounts are provided to the policyholder as a reward when not a single claim is filed during an insurance tenure. This discount accumulates over years up to a maximum of five years.
Calculate Your Car Insurance
Must Read Articles before buying New India Car Insurance
- This article debunks the top five myths regarding vehicle insurance.
- Read this article to know why New India is an ideal choice for purchasing car insurance.
- Read this article to understand how modifying your car can affect your New India Car Insurance Policy.
- What is zero depreciation cover? What are the benefits of zero depreciation add on cover? Read along to know more about zero depreciation insurance.
- What is cashless motor insurance all about? Let’s get into the details of this feature of cashless insurance.
New India User Reviews
- Most Helpful
- Cashless Garages
- Add On
New India Comprehensive Car Insurance FAQs
What is No Claim Bonus (NCB)?
NCB is a discount offered to a policyholder when no claim is filed during the tenure of the policy. Moreover, the discount accumulates over the years (up to 5 years) for every claim-free year.
What is Underwriting?
It is an assessment of material facts and the risks to decide whether to accept an insurance contract and also the rate of premium.
How does comprehensive plan differ from a third-party liability policy?
A comprehensive policy offers much more than basic third-party liability coverage. Besides covering third-party liability, it also covers the vehicle against for its own damages incurred in an accident or any other mishap.
What is excluded from New India comprehensive car insurance policy?
Situations which are not covered under the New India comprehensive car insurance policy are Wear and tear of the car, Electrical or Mechanical breakdown, Damages caused to tyre, tube, or engine, Accidents occurred while driving without driving license, and Accidents occurred under the influence of intoxicants like liquor or drugs.
Can I transfer my car insurance policy?
Yes, you can transfer your car insurance policy to a new owner after filing a written request to the company following a process called ‘policy endorsement’. There is a nominal fee that is applicable in case of transfer of the vehicle.
Why to buy from InsuranceDekho?
- Instant policy # within 5 mins
- More than 45 Lac happy customers
- Claim Support available all 7 days of the week
Car Insurance News
- Everything You Need to Know About Car Insurance's...
Here's everything you need to know about vehicle insurance'...26 May 2022
- Why Should You Purchase Long-Term Car Insurance?
Long-term or multi-year car insurance policies allow policyh...26 May 2022
- What You Should Know About Total Loss Car Insuranc...
Continue reading to learn about total loss car insurance cla...25 May 2022
- How Do I Renew My Car Insurance Policy Immediately...
How do I Immediately renew my car insurance policy? To learn...25 May 2022
- Why and How is a Car Insurance Background Check Pe...
Motorists benefit from car insurance since it financially pr...24 May 2022
- The Advantages of Buying HDFC ERGO Car Insurance O...
In the market, HDFC ERGO offers a wide range of products.04 April 2022
- What Should I Do If I Get Into A Car Accident?
Do you want to know what to do if you are involved in a vehi...27 March 2022
- What Is IDV and How Does It Work?
The IDV Calculator is an online tool that determines the mar...30 March 2022
- Some Car Insurance Add-On Covers to Think About
Car insurance add-ons are available from one insurer to the ...02 April 2022
- Changing Car Insurance: A Step-by-Step Guide
It might be an expensive error to keep paying your vehicle i...28 March 2022