- Save upto 75%*Lowest Car Premiums
- 11.5 Lakh+Happy Customers
- Claim Support7 days a week
*TP price for less than 1000cc four-wheeler. All savings/offers are provided by the Insurers which are subject to modification. Terms and conditions apply
ICICI Lombard Comprehensive Car Insurance
Whether a tedious journey or a rough road, every terrain has its own uncertainties. Although you can not predict the forthcoming mishap or can hardly prevent it from happening, you can, for sure, insure against it. When it comes to insurance, you must always opt for a comprehensive car insurance policy, instead of the mediocre third-party liability cover. ICICI Lombard has that for you and also along with other range of benefits.
A comprehensive car insurance policy offered by ICICI Lombard covers not only the indemnification of third-party losses but also yourself and your car. It entitles you to get the claim for damages occurred to your car and also for the injuries occurred to you. Apart from the standard cover, you can also purchase useful add-on covers that insure the things which are excluded from the standard plan.
ICICI Lombard Comprehensive Car Insurance vs Third Party Car Insurance
Comprehensive Car Insurance
Third Party Car Insurance
Comprehensive car insurance provides coverage for both - third party liabilities as well as own damages incurred by the insured’s car.
Third party car insurance provides coverage only for third party liabilities which may arise due to a mishap involving the insured’s car.
Various add-on covers such as Zero Depreciation Cover, Engine Protection Cover, Road Side Assistance Cover etc. can be opted for with this plan.
No add-on covers are available to the policyholder with this plan.
It ensures extensive coverage, therefore the premium is relatively higher.
It provides limited coverage, therefore premium is relatively lower.
Nature of Requirement
It is optional but a recommended plan.
It is a mandatory requirement as per Indian Motor Tariff.
What All Is Covered Under ICICI Lombard Comprehensive Car Insurance Plan?
ICICI Lombard Comprehensive car insurance provides the following coverage to its policyholder:
- Third party/legal liabilities: A comprehensive car insurance takes care of all the financial and legal obligations incurred by the policyholder towards a third party due to a mishap involving the insured’s car.
- Own-damage coverage against natural calamities: The policy compensates for own-damages incurred by the insured’s car due to natural calamities such as flood, earthquake etc.
- Own-damage coverage against man-made disaster: The insurer provides coverage for own-damage incurred by the insured’s car occurred due to riots, strikes, etc.
- Own-damage coverage against theft: This plan also insures the car against theft.
What All Is Not Covered Under ICICI Lombard Comprehensive Car Insurance Plan?
There are certain scenarios wherein the ICICI Lombard car insurance plan does not provide any coverage:
- In case of conflict or war
- In case of drink and drive or intoxication
- If the car was being ridden without a valid driving licence
- If the tube or tyre is the only part harmed during the incident
- If the damage has occurred due to a contractual agreement
- If the car was not driven by the described person at the time of the accident
- If the accident occurred in a place beyond the geographical extent mentioned in the policy.
ICICI Lombard Comprehensive Car Insurance Benefits
ICICI Lombard offers sterling and extensive comprehensive car insurance policy. The extra premium, which you will pay in compared to the slender third-party cover will repay you with hefty benefits.
- Not only damages, but a comprehensive plan also insures the vehicle against theft. Additionally, you get 6 months of quality assurance on all repairs.
- You can also get discount in form of No Claim Bonus, if no claim is filed during the policy tenure. Also, the discount piles over every claim-free year, up to 5 years.
- Comprehensive car insurance policy sold by ICICI Lombard, besides covering you from third-party liabilities, also insures you and your vehicle against injury/death and damage, respectively.
- You also get the option to purchase nifty add-on covers by paying an extra premium. These add-ons are highly useful and practical. They cover things, which are usually not included in the standard comprehensive plan.
Calculate Your Car Insurance
Explore Icici Lombard Car Insurance
Must Read Articles before buying Icici Lombard Car Insurance
- Read this article to take a note of the things that you should consider while choosing ICICI Lombard Car Insurance.
- Want to get your vehicle ready for winter? Here is the winter checklist for vehicles, how to winterize your car. Learn more.
- We should know tips to better car fuel management ways. Saving the fuel of your car helps the environment to alive green. Let's learn fuel managemet.
ICICI Lombard Car Insurance User Reviews
- Most Helpful
- Cashless Garages
- Add On
635 Icici Lombard Cashless Garages in India
ICICI Lombard Comprehensive Car Insurance FAQs
Why should I purchase ICICI Lombard comprehensive car policy?
ICICI Lombard comprehensive car insurance policy has an extensive coverage plan. It covers injury/death of the policyholder, damages/theft of the insured car as well as indemnifies for third-party liability expenses.
What are the methods for inspection of the damaged car?
ICICI Lombard offers self-inspection of your damaged car. You can use the company’s mobile app for the same. Alternatively, you can also ask for the arrangement of a surveyor.
What should I do if my car is stolen?
In case of theft of the insured vehicle, lodge an FIR at the local police station and a copy of the same should be submitted to the company along with other documents. Also, inform the company about the incident and furnish them with details of witnesses (if available).
Does ICICI Lombard offer cashless claim settlement?
Of course, in order to render hassle-free repair and claim settlement, ICICI Lombard has a network of more than 8,800 cashless garages spread across the country.
What documents do I need to submit to the company during the claim settlement process?
You need to submit the following documents:
- Original Claim form
- Registration certificate (In case of a new vehicle which is less than 3 months old and registration certificate is not available, tax receipts and vehicle purchase invoice are collected)
- Driving license of the person driving the vehicle at the time of the accident
- Copy of Policy
- Copy of Aadhaar Card & Pan Card/Form 60
- FIR or Police report (depending on loss type)
- Garage Estimate
- Repair invoice
- Cancelled cheque (In case of non-cashless settlement).
Why to buy from InsuranceDekho?
- Instant policy # within 5 mins
- More than 45 Lac happy customers
- Claim Support available all 7 days of the week
Car Insurance News
- What Is KP In Car Insurance?
Learn more about KP in car insurance.26 September 2022
- List of Top Car Insurance Companies In India
Your search for top car insurance companies ends here. This ...23 September 2022
- All You Need To Know About The Risks Covered By Th...
Here's everything you need to know about risks covered by co...21 September 2022
- Easy Steps For Renewing Expired Car Insurance Poli...
Here are a few tips to help you understand how to renew car ...19 September 2022
- Detailed Guide On How To Claim A Car Insurance Onl...
Unfortunate things happen. An insurance plan can be a ray of...16 September 2022
- Can I Claim Insurance For Car Scratches In India?
Know all about how to claim insurance for car scratches in I...19 August 2022
- Is It Mandatory To File An Fir Before Claiming For...
In case of any car accident, the major question is if an FIR...16 August 2022
- Which is Better: Acko Or Hdfc Ergo?
There are several types of car insurance plans available in...22 August 2022
- What Should You Know About Bharat Series License P...
In order to ease seamless vehicle transfers, the Transport M...02 August 2022
- Learn Everything You Can About Public EV Charging ...
Are you thinking of buying an electric vehicle? What you nee...01 August 2022